Add and Subtract Game

Admin

@angelangie

As Asian another thing to consider is family members too. Like in your cousin’s case, even though your family don’t mind but the lady has this inferior complex already. 

The Hubs of the Pinoy couple I mentioned received such strong opposition from his family because the Wifey is a family friend who used to babysat him as a child. He just didn’t want to takes NO as an answer and fight for her. Even threatened suicide (Well, tbh this showed the maturity level of the man...:crazy:) until his family gave up. We heard the story from other friend who knows about them, we are a bunch of chismiso....:lol:

+2

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

@cenching @triplem @Lawyerh @angelangie ~ there was one noona romance I really enjoyed because it didn't look like one of the typical ones. it was a secondary romance from 'all that glitters'. she is one of the editors in his publishing company and he is the son of the owner. he is extremely immature, running around with 10,000 girlfriends. they keep dumping him because they find him silly and annoying. he is one of those people who overcompensates by trying with this big personality except they look silly. plus, he has zero management skills and is not really great at business even though he is the heir. they end up having a drunken one night stand and she gets pregnant.

what I loved about their story was her maturity and no nonsense attitude. she comes to meet the dad and they have this fantastic conversation where she tells him that she gets that she is not the typical daughter-in-law. she made career her whole life and was determined to succeed. she never looked for romance or marriage. now in her 40s, this baby is an unexpected gift. since she grew up without a family, she wants to try and give this baby a chance at having relatives. however, she is prepared to raise this baby on her own with or without them.

the dad tells her that he has always liked her as she is a very capable employee and her work attitude is great. however, he is disappointed in his son and is not sure if this relationship can work given their mismatch in maturity and life stage (a 10 year age gap). so he will let her stay till the baby comes and afterwards, they can make a choice. despite the son's protests, she moves in. the mom is aghast but the dad feels the son has to learn responsibility and so he gets fired from work and has to stay at home and be their housekeeper and earn his right to come back to the business.

as expected, the son is not thrilled and he is also embarrassed that she is not like his cute younger girlfriends. her response is an eye roll and shrug that she is older and more mature and is not going to pretend otherwise. anyway, there is birth secret and all sorts of drama in this family and she becomes the daughter-in-law they actually need. because she is so mature, she becomes the go-to counsellor for all of the family members.

the son meanwhile learns to appreciate hard work but also accept his capabilities and his limitations. in the end, he chooses her not for the sake of the baby but because she makes him feel comfortable. she does not mother him and treats him like an adult. at the same time, she does not expect him to be something he is not. she is fully aware of his limitations and has no issues with it. in the end, she becomes the heir-in-training for their publishing business and the right hand of the dad while the son is more like a stay at home dad with a smaller position at the company.

what I enjoyed about this noona romance was that it wasn't driven by chemistry. instead, it was about understanding each other and using the differences to something that works for them both professionally and personally.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1

@Lawyerh ~ it was from a weekend drama called 'all that glitters' / 'twinkle twinkle' -- I figured it is unlikely anyone is going to sit through 50 episodes and so I can give a long spoiler. hahahah... it is one of the few noona romances that I liked as it made a lot of sense. also it was a secondary romance and not much focus.

662?

MBC_Twinkle_Twinkle.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

23 minutes ago, kokodus said:

@Lmangla Is the noona Lee Yoo ri? I loved her from Father is strange. If it's her, I'll give it a try. 

no, it wasn't a story of the main leads. the noona romance belonged to the female lead's brother. lee yoo ri is the villain and she is gloriously crazy. hahahaha... basically the female lead (in red skirt) finds out that she isn't the owner's daughter and was switched at birth. yoo ri is the biological daughter of the owner. this leave the two families in a tail spin. the male lead is the guy in the middle in the photo and he is someone who is very very serious. it is actually funny because he is not a lead you see typically. he is basically one of those contentious types who is serious about everything in life. they have a hilarious meet cute -- she thinks he is her blind date whereas he sits there thinking who is this idiot in front of him... LOL... it is actually a great drama if you dont' mind the length. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

@cenching I wonder those with threatening to suicide case then got married, will they happy in long run? I got heard one of my cousin also like that.

Love supposed to be by free will. Forced someone that don't love you anymore, I wonder will it do any good? Or if love will return? 

He threatened his own family to let him marries the girl, not threatened the girl to marries him...

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

3 hours ago, angelangie said:

and the woman actually have a kid who is like 8 years old or older now? yes a divorcee, they broke up once and my cousin told me, he is not giving up, he really love her :x it is his life so there is nothing i can say....my families doesnt object nor approve we are in the middle in a sense.....however one thing we say the woman need to overcome the barrier herself as up to today, she never shown herself to us openly......yup we never met her face to face....

Agree with you that the woman does not seem ready with the relationship. Maybe that’s why they broke up. But anyway, my main concern is where is the ex-husband? Any possibility of them getting back together? I have a friend in the US, he dated a divorcee with two kids. Head over heels with her. Wanted to get married but the woman wanted to wait till kids a bit older before remarrying. Long story short, they got married soon, but in less than a year got divorced because the ex-husband came back and wanted to get back together. The woman agreed because she wanted her kids to have the original family unit, thus the divorce. My friend was so heartbroken then, although he is now happily married to another woman. 

3 hours ago, cenching said:

He just didn’t want to takes NO as an answer and fight for her. Even threatened suicide (Well, tbh this showed the maturity level of the man...:crazy:) until his family gave up.

The drama of noona romance @Lmangla mentioned had similar thing. The guy went on hunger strike for many days because she wouldn’t date him, taht he’d rather die than being without her. She gave in and dated him and the unexpected pregnancy happened. 

@Lmangla All That Glitters sounds fun. But I don’t know if I can do another 50 episodes drama or not. Am falling behind many dramas at the moment. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

The drama of noona romance @Lmangla mentioned had similar thing. The guy went on hunger strike for many days because she wouldn’t date him, taht he’d rather die than being without her. She gave in and dated him and the unexpected pregnancy happened. 

Is it "wanna taste"? Lol I never took him seriously. He was pretending, he never cared about her really. @angelangie are you watching it too? I disliked it after 4 episodes and gave it up. It is too toxic and a bit dark.

Unasked Family is more suitable to my taste, although feminists would hate it lol. Still it is realistic to some extent because some women are like the heroine (she is like a doormat to her inlaws). I watched movies and soap operas from different cultures so that is not new to me.

+2

• Love 3

@triplem @cenching I am not keen on watching the movie version of CITT so soon after the original drama.  I went to read about the huge controversy (summed up here http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/02/the-rise-and-fall-of-cheese-in-the-trap/).  I get why people were mad.  The final few episodes were totally weird with SKJ’s character taking so much of the plot line.  To be honest, his character needed the least time because it was very straightforward what he was like?  He was not this very layered conflicted character like PHJ’s was.  It was critical for more air time to explain Jung’s character better.  Maybe the PD fell in love with SKJ and decided to make him more prominent?  It was just weird. Because we all knew he (InHo) would never end up with Seol in the end.  She was tied to Jung - they were meant for each other.  I know many think he had the markers for a psychopath but personally I didn’t see those red flags.  The way he was careful around insects was one.  Psychopaths are unkind to animals.  They squish and torture them.  He didn’t.  It was all about his repressed anger/feelings.  His father demanded that he would always be smiling and perfect leaving him nowhere to direct all his feelings of injustice/anger.  So he would misdirect it by manipulating situations and watch others implode.  Was it okay?  No.  It wasn’t healthy.  Neither for him nor Hong Seol in the long run.  That revelation came in the conversation he had with his father when he realized that he was inadvertently stepping on the emotions and feelings of others with the manipulation.  He never made that link before.  Which is why I was okay with him getting himself sorted out before hooking up with her again.  Still I would’ve liked more screen time for him in the end...it seemed very abrupt for him to disappear on a plane and then never to reappear again after that time jump 3 years later.  Everyone had an epilogue bar him...it was implied yes...but it wasn’t ideal.  The PD’s decisions on this one was terrible so I understand why there was a big backlash.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

Hello! Have you guys ever tried streaming kdramas via Rakuten VIKI App? I was watching an episode of Forest using that App this morning (my first time) :wub: when suddenly I could hear a kid speaking Tagalog (PH' official language) asking her mom how many Salonpas she wants. That was the time when my eyes are not on my CP's screen because hubby has got something important to say! Anyway, I survived watching the whole episode with "advertisements/commercials" in between, with no "SKIP" button. Is it the same in your region????? 

+2

• Like 2

+2

There is a user on soompi who blocked me just because she doesn't like my comments, so I said OK, I will just ignore her, now she started using "unamused" emos to my comments more than once. So weird, I never use "angry, off topic or unamused" emos, because it might hurt the members feelings. If I dislike a comment, I just don't use any emos at all. I even found her fighting with another member and telling her "I'm going to block you", just because she disagreed with her :huh: I literally left all the threads she is in now. 

• Sad 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

10 hours ago, Lmangla said:

@mouse007 ~ is this the drama 'find yourself'? the moment I read the synopsis, I was like 'nope'. I am not sure why dramas act like a 10 year age difference is no big deal. I am watching this daily drama which showed the flip side of a noona romance gone wrong. so after marriage, he lost interest in her, had an affair and divorced to marry this girl who is younger/same age as him. he tells his ex's brother that she didn't seem like a woman and more like his mom. and this was a 6/7 year age difference. what is interesting is that even before they start dating, it is obvious that this will be disastrous but he runs behind her and swears how mature he is blah blah...

@Lmangla yes this is Find Yourself. I’m usually not into noona romances either but I decided to check it out because the preview looked interesting and Song Weilong caught my eye (well both eyes if I’m completely being honest. Haha). I think the drama does a very good job of showing the challenges of such an age gap and the societal pressures that come with it. Also, what is interesting with this one is that the 2nd ML is actually older than the FL by 5 years, is successful in his career, is ready to settle down and has a pretty good and easy-going friendship with her. So the FL is actually presented with a 2nd ML who actually would seem like a much better fit. When the ML and FL started their relationship, it was already very obvious to us, the audience, that it was headed for disaster. So right now, it’s about them growing. I don’t want to say any more bec it will spoil it for those who are watching or planning to watch. 

@triplem @cenching @angelangie I have to say I’ve never dated anyone younger than me. They were just too immature. The youngest I’ve dated is someone my age but I usually prefer men who are at least 2 yrs older. I find them to usually be at the same level of maturity. But maturity isn’t dictated by age. There are those who are younger but are more mature and then there are those who are older but are still immature. I think a relationship will work regardless of age as long as both parties are realistic with the challenges they face and both are committed to making it work. 

@Lawyerh I’m on ep 30. It’s still airing so we get 2 new episodes each day. I don’t know if it will be a happy ending but I sure hope so!! Otherwise I’d be totally heartbroken. 

@kokodus I’m planning on watching the sequel of To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before. I saw the first one and read all the books so I need to watch the sequel! 

@thanie I have the Viki app on my devices and yes I’ve watched dramas in it. If you have the free version, then yes you can’t skip the Ads. If you subscribe to the paid version, then there’s no Ads. I have a subscription bec I have no patience for Ads but also bec I want access to new episodes as soon as they become available.

• Like 4
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

There is a user on soompi who blocked me just because she doesn't like my comments, so I said OK, I will just ignore her, now she started using "unamused" emos to my comments more than once. So weird, I never use "angry, off topic or unamused" emos, because it might hurt the members feelings. If I dislike a comment, I just don't use any emos at all. I even found her fighting with another member and telling her "I'm going to block you", just because she disagreed with her :huh: I literally left all the threads she is in now. 

+2

@nohamahamoud2002, that sounds like ME, only I don't provide heads up. I just hit on the BLOCK / IGNORE button without any advertisement. LOL! Blocking someone just because you don't share the same opinion is so lame... and immature ...

11 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

@thanie I have the Viki app on my devices and yes I’ve watched dramas in it. If you have the free version, then yes you can’t skip the Ads. If you subscribe to the paid version, then there’s no Ads. I have a subscription bec I have no patience for Ads but also bec I want access to new episodes as soon as they become available.

Mine is a free version, lol...   I don't have any plan on subscribing for premium as I have Netflix, Disney and other subscriptions already. Okay, I just have to be patient with ads this time. Kdrama addiction is getting more and more expensive! Whoaaaaaa .... 

+2

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

13 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

......Hi all...Honestly don’t know what to say but..erm...hi! How’s everyone’s day?

+2

Mine is not so good. So many things to do at work, too little time! And there's an officemate of mine that is so annoying, I want to strangle her until her eyeballs will pop open. So fuckkin annoying

+2

• LOL 2

41 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

@triplem @cenching @angelangie I have to say I’ve never dated anyone younger than me. They were just too immature. The youngest I’ve dated is someone my age but I usually prefer men who are at least 2 yrs older. I find them to usually be at the same level of maturity. But maturity isn’t dictated by age. There are those who are younger but are more mature and then there are those who are older but are still immature. I think a relationship will work regardless of age as long as both parties are realistic with the challenges they face and both are committed to making it work. 

Another thing is....I am way too strong headed for younger men to coped with....:joy: I would chew em up and spit em out.....:naughty:

• LOL 4
  • Love 1