Add and Subtract Game

Admin

@staygold I think regarding the plot of Forest it revolves around big bad companies wanting to ruin beautiful forest for their greed.  Think Big Yellow Taxi (the song).  I just gloss over the details of the business dealings because the real action is between the main leads and their troubled past and how they “heal” each other with the help of Doctor “Forest” (the Forest is the 3rd lead in this drama).  Somewhere along the line ML will decide that he doesn’t want to rip up trees for “progress” anymore and instead turn greenie and lobby to “Save The Forest”.  FL will help him realize that.  Her heart is already in the forest as she rediscovers herself.  The story isn’t breathtakingly riveting but somehow the interactions between the ML and FL make for a pleasant watch.  Tranquil scenes in the forest help of course.  I experienced it firsthand, I walked in TaeJongDae Reserve in Busan the day before and it was beautiful.  It really is very zen.  Amazing how many little old ladies walk up and down those steep stairs/hills.  

• Like 1
  • Love 3

ah this was about hair... well it is understandable...... I am someone who loves furniture and set design. to say me and my mom were having a meltdown over the bad background and costumes in aladdin was an understatement. my mom sighed heavily and said "thats american aladdin. not real aladdin!" joy.png so yea, sometimes, even with good acting, you can get distracted by other details.

there are so many times when I can't help notice the house and also recognize that it popped up in another drama. :D

Edited by Lmangla
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2

12 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

ah this was about hair... well it is understandable...... I am someone who loves furniture and set design. to say me and my mom were having a meltdown over the bad background and costumes in aladdin was an understatement. my mom sighed heavily and said "thats american aladdin. not real aladdin!" joy.png so yea, sometimes, even with good acting, you can get distracted by other details.

Your comment reminded me of this scene in Red Cliff...

77-CB4642-2-D17-4-E58-878-B-A465-E94-E4-

People were arguing about SunQuan’s (ChanChen) headgear as not historically correct. Because the time Zhuge Liang (Takeshi Kanesiro aka the man in white) went to met SunQuan, he was not a king yet but a marquis or something like that. As a marquis, he can’t wear a king’s headgear. But some said it was appropriate to wear that headgear because the number of tassels is 8 not 10.....8 tassels for princes and 10 tassels for kings and SunQuan was a warlord/marquis/prince....:crazy:

• Insightful 4

kekeke... @cenching ~ it is a problem if you are a history buff and a fan of a certain style of architecture. I read this article where the designer of aladdin was gloating that she copied different styles to create this mismash and I was thinking "WHY!!!!!" it just didn't make sense to me. historical persian/middle eastern/islamic style architecture has beautiful clean lines with large rooms where everything feels airy and spaced out. it is meant to invite light and air in to be cool in the summers and warm in the winters. there are these beautiful stained windows and the glass is usually blue and green and the reason is because these colours filter out the sun and create coolness in the room. so stuff like that -- nothing is actually random in the architecture and the tile works can be stunning.. in aladdin, the room was way too cluttered and there were parts of the room that had wooden partitions but the partitions were more like japanese style instead of the traditional motifs of the middle east (squares, circles and pentagons mixed with flowers of a distinct style). the doors were wrong and had brass engravings in the wrong spots. the gardens didn't follow the designs where it supposed to reflect paradise. it just drove me nuts

and as for clothes, yea, it can be very distracting. my mom was so annoyed that jasmin didn't have a scarf through most of the movie and she was wearing it wrong. LOL. the costumes were nowhere as grand for a princess and the jewelry was such a fail. again, it is because I am used to bollywood opulence where historical movie costumes are ridiculously grand and sets make you feel like this is indeed another world. so me and my mom were expecting that kind of detail and background.

if you are just watching as a lay person, then no problem but if you love history, then yea, details like the wrong number of tassels and head gear really irritates you.

• LOL 4

I have not watched the new Aladdin movie yet. Lol. For fictional dramas and movies I guess we can use some of our imagination to fill gaps and cut the producers some slack. But there should be no confusion in the basic setting, that will just take us out of it from enjoying the drama/movie. If they didn't do proper research then they have to be prepared to face the criticisms. There is no point in fans speaking for the movie and defending it like it's their own. It is not going to make it acceptable for everyone else. 

• Like 3

@kokodus ~ if you see aladdin as this western interpretation of a middle eastern story. then you can enjoy it. otherwise, it is plain weird. I kept wondering how she was repeating her jewelry when she is supposed to be a princess. LOL. plus, the pieces were so small. nothing like the ornate jewelry type pieces we are used to. none of the beautiful jeweled comb pieces in the hair. none of the rings and the bangles. the cut of some of the costume was so wrong for a princess and more in line with dancing girl / performer. :sweatingbullets:

• LOL 5

24 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

@kokodus ~ if you see aladdin as this western interpretation of a middle eastern story. then you can enjoy it. otherwise, it is plain weird. I kept wondering how she was repeating her jewelry when she is supposed to be a princess. LOL. plus, the pieces were so small. nothing like the ornate jewelry type pieces we are used to. none of the beautiful jeweled comb pieces in the hair. none of the rings and the bangles. the cut of some of the costume was so wrong for a princess and more in line with dancing girl / performer. :sweatingbullets:

They must've had a low budget. What did Disney run out of money? Sighhh. 

• LOL 3

+2

4 hours ago, staygold said:

Jang Hyuk? Or MJ - Michael Jackson?

I know who MJ was. ^_^ I meant first one. Don't know him, but I think I saw the drama teaser before. Maybe I give it a try.

@Jloves nice to meet you! I don't think we've met here before. I'm also a kababayan but now located in Canada :D

@Sejabin we're the same height! Yiiii! :D 

12 hours ago, thanie said:

@Jloves, Awww :love:

I can't believe you brought the Kathniel fever to Soompi once upon a time. I'm old enough for those Teen Royalties in PH. My heart doesn't flutter for them. I'm more on Bea-John LoveTeam (Go, Popoy and Basha! :D)

@thanie same! My heart doesn't flutter for the teen royalties like Kathniel or the once JoshLia or even LizQuen. I like Popoy and Basha but I also liked all of John and Sara G's movies together. Bea and John's movies are usually more mature content and more serious but I like them. 

PS. The CLoY thread is moving so fast I'm having such a hard time keeping up. :crazy:

• Like 2
  • Love 2

@Ameera Ali good luck . I swore off all JNR dramas after TLE & VIP . But I’m actually very keen to see your hubby in his 1st major lead role . How ? What should I do ? I also just read the synopsis :mrgreen:

4 hours ago, Dhakra said:

+2

I know who MJ was. ^_^ I meant first one. Don't know him, but I think I saw the drama teaser before. Maybe I give it a try.

He was the male lead in Voice ( S1) 

Edited by Guest

10 minutes ago, triplem said:

@Ameera Ali good luck . I swore off all JNR dramas after TLE & VIP . But I’m actually very keen to see your hubby in his 1st major lead role . How ? What should I do ? I also just read the synopsis :mrgreen:

Just how JNR will target 3 men Goodies the laboratory way  :joy: , or in old fashion way ( I ‘m supporting old fashion way she was hot in vip  :ph34r:

**I will stand next to him in better & worse ( good wife speech :sweat_smile: ) 

• LOL 4

14 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

@Ameera Ali @triplem seems to be romcom :lol: But who knows its JNR, it might turn into makjang :ph34r: But why the 3 guys? Want to have triplets is it :w00t:

The 2nd guy look unfamiliar, 3rd guy saw him somewhere.... Its interesting, i'll watch it. 

I don’t know third guy ( I can remember the jacket resent drama:D )  , but second guy was in ( it's my first life) 

if She having triplets :joy: , who is the daddy issue will make it makjang :joy:

@thanie , @mouse007  I give up reading after episodes time line discussion as if it will make difference how long the episode will be  :joy:

• LOL 4