Add and Subtract Game

Admin

1 hour ago, Lawyerh said:

Haha keep on going... the reward will be after 16 eps closed deals :joy:... Btw, if u & ur friend have withdrawal syndrome & craving for sweet later on, we also have the remedy provided by @Ameera Ali 

+2

Ep. 4 :joy:

I am sick rn, currently on sick leave. I've got a perfect chance to binge watch. That other friend is also from Soompi... 

+2

• Like 1
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, angelangie said:

my thoughts too....i prefer him in modern flick to be honest however he does great if the hair is in white or maybe other colors :) 

He looked dashing in Mr. Pride vs Miss Prejudice....With that face of him, he will always be typecast as gods or any non human creature in ancient drama and super rich guy in modern drama. I can't imagine him as a struggling blue collar worker dad or LiuBei in San Guo.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

kekeke... no roses given to me @angelangie @kokodus @Sushimi ; watching this program and they have decorated the hotel room with roses.  I am not particularly fond of the smell of roses. on some days, it makes me congested and slight veezhing. not really a romantic reaction. kekeke... so while watching that scene, I was thinking "hmmm, how come no one ever complains of allergic reaction?" :D 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

random question of the day: do you think roses are romantic?

Nope, when it wither it creates so much rubbish that triggers my OCD....Plus the fresh ones in huge batches will trigger my rhinitis....

Now you know I won’t feel flattered when given a bouquet....

+3

• LOL 4

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

random question of the day: do you think roses are romantic?

If paired with Chocolate, Yum! 

@Lawyerh, this Chocolate drama and it's never-ending showcase of korean cuisine are making me hungrrrrry. I'm craving for dumpling stew and jajangmyeon right now :joy:

+2

• LOL 3

2 hours ago, angelangie said:

if it is given to me yes if not it just a pretty flower :P 

If I watch western series- I find getting Flower  romantic :D

if I watch Bollywood series - I find group of random people dance On the street for me romantic :D

if I watch kdrama - I find holding hand romantic :sweat_smile:

+2

• LOL 3
  • Awesome 1

8 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

Which episode you are now? Haha... the most interesting food they cook is fried dried flower... its beautiful... not sure how it taste though..

Btw get well soon!! 

+2 

I'm about to start Ep. 6. I can't watch continuously, my head aches ... Thanks!

+2

• Love 2

I think roses are romantic although all flowers are romantic, not just roses. And I do love anything rose-smelling. A couple of days ago just bought some rose scented tealight candles.

Yes, yes, me love roses and chocolates (the drama too :D) ~ but I don’t really care if anyone gives me flowers or not because like @cenching said, they just become trash. I tried drying them before, but still no luck in making them beautiful and useful past the withering stage. Last time I checked, my thumb is still not green :P 

@Lawyerh special gift for you :kiss_wink:

+2

• Like 1

I personally think the act of giving someone flowers in itself is romantic regardless of the type of flower. I think it's even better if the person giving flowers takes the time to find out what kind of flower a person might like instead of always going with roses. Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with roses, but sometimes I feel like it's become a cliche of some sort to symbolize romantic love. 

14 hours ago, cenching said:

Tbh, L&D won't be everyone's cup of tea because of CC as JC. CC is a great actor BUT his JC is "difficult". JC is stoic, stiff and not everyone can "read" his micro expressions. Majority of people who don't know him will say he doesn't know how to acts. The worst part is his styling (again!!). Like it or not, people love to see pretties in the drama and L&D is XianXia while CC isn't looked ethereal AT ALL.  CC is so convincing as a mortal old geezer that even his posture and body language in the whole 60 episodes is completely in harmony with my neighborhood's Abuelo....... :skull: His costume is dull and his hairstyle didn't suits him. NiNi as LX didn't helps either because she shined very bright with her super expressive self. She made JC looked extraordinarily drab and ancient.

I am going to binge on CC's other works later....:glasses: The ones without him looking like my granddada.....:rage:

I have to agree with you that YH is better looking than JC. I also agree that we can't compare The Celestial Crown Prince and God of War, it doesn't even feel right to compare L&D with Peach Blossoms. But as I have been richard simmons!ng for a whole 60 episodes of how I wish the stylist shouldn't styled CC like a Sugar Dada with his trophy wife or like Dear Old Hefner with his latest squeeze. Stylist should at least made him decent looking NOT with a weird hairpiece that looked like they borrowed it next door in the last minutes because the nice one got carried away by one of the mystical beasts. I have no comment regarding his acting, he is perfect as JC just as MC is perfect as YH.

About NiNi as LX, it's obvious she absolutely nailed it. We can even see how her whole demeanor completely changed when she is LinMo, LingXi before mortal realm and LingXi after mortal realm. It's like a different person. If they covered her face in those scenes, I won't know that it's the same actress. Her looks suits her role perfectly, she is positively ethereal with her fair skin and pristine delicate features which is bad for JC as she made him looked like moldy sliced breads...:joy:

Also I like the set in L&D a lot. The ShanLing Tribe setting is beautiful with those grand arches and curves. Even JC's home is cozy and cool. Not a fan of The Heaven Palace Main Hall though, the whiteness hurts my eyes.

For short I prefer YH than JC mainly because I am having difficulty to overlook CC's styling. It's distracting for me... But I prefer LX over BQ though. YM is similar with CC, their expressions were difficult to comprehend in some places while MC and NiNi were absolutely nailed every single expressions.....NiNi is an actress that acts with every single cell of her body the same with MC.

@cenching TBH, I didn't mind how they dressed JC. Okay, maybe his hair could have been better and yes, considering his lofty position, he should have been more elegantly dressed. But a part of me also thinks that JC was dressed that way to maybe give the impression that he is one who does not highly esteem himself above others. JC gave me the impression that his God of War status was seen by him as more of a duty, a responsibility and not so much a lofty position he aspired to. So in a way, his simple clothing represented his humility and also one who likes to keep things simple. JC doesn't even socialize. Besides the small group of people he regularly spoke to, he mostly kept to himself in Fuyun Hall. My favourite on him was those dark blue robes he was wearing in one episode (I can't remember which one but it's in the last few episodes). He just looked really regal. They dressed Ling Xi really well - my favourites are her costumes once she becomes high god and also when she becomes state master.

I, too, prefer Ling Xi over BQ. 

10 hours ago, kokodus said:

@mouse007 i'm still only at 7th ep. Lol. I think JC looks old more because he is acting old, not because the actor himself looks very old. His calm mature face, you can readily tell that he is an immortal who is lived forever. Even around Ling Xi he doesn't soften, not yet, he is still stoic and straight faced. In the later eps it may change, I guess. Ye hua, on the other hand, had that mischievous glint in his eyes sometimes that made him look young. Also Bai qian is far more mature and old than Ling xi, she is older than Ye hua actually so it made sense that he looked young there. I agree that the stylists could have been more imaginative and creative, it's a fantasy drama after all why dress everyone in dull monochrome colours. I think Nini is extremely beautiful, they better have gorgeous costumes and extravagant headpieces for her in the later eps. 

Ok I googled the actor's age. He is in his early 40s, he is not that much older than, say, Wallace Chung or Wallace huo. 

@kokodus I agree, JC is supposed to be an immortal who is several thousands of years older than Ling Xi and definitely a high and powerful immortal so I think they cast CC perfectly for this role. I think they look great together - where JC is stoic and keeps his real feelings and thoughts inside, Ling Xi is the opposite and that is why they make a great couple. They balance each other out. They do evolve in their own ways as the drama progresses. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

I should improve my music Taste and start listening to your list :joy:

is embarrassing to listen to him :joy:

+2

Yes you should check my list out...while you and @Lawyerh are selling dramas, I´m selling KPOP groups :joy:

+2

• LOL 2

@mouse007

My fav looks of them in L&D....

1jeyGB4.jpg

JC looks better with his hair all the way up and that "cap" over it....CC is difficult to style, I googled lot of his pictures and he looked great in studio pictorial while candid not so....

I can understand his lacked of expressions because based upon the BTS, that's how his character needed to be. In BTS The Directors kept discussing about how he had to expressed himself as JC. He is a hundreds thousands y.o God of War who has been in many weathers, he can't have a mischievous, lively and fiery attitude like YH. The same with BQ. The oldies have seen it all, nothing can really surprised them anymore. I read in Weibo that The Writers wrote L&D with him as JC in mind. The character was written especially for him...

66651356-143924533483466-379036975418290

NiNi looks striking and ravishing in red....She suits ancient styling so much especially as Goddess, she looks ethereal....

+2

• Like 2
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

@Sarang21 I also occasionally into kpop ah... :joy: I like B1A4, Infinite, BTS, BTOB, SF9 .... B1A4 my fav. Jung Jin Young is kind of cute... 

Ok am a bit insomnia sigh... shd sleep lol... what im doing here...

+2

You like BTs too...who is you favorite member? I like all of them :joy: but I find Jimin so cute :relieved:

My favorite song from infinite is "Bad" it´s so good :relieved:

Good night I hope you can catch some sleep

+2

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@cenching I agree, JC looks better with his hair up. Interesting, I didn't know that they wrote JC specifically for CC. No wonder the role suits him well.

I aslo liked NiNi in red. She is indeed perfect as goddess. :wub:

I really think that they are well-matched. JC is this strong, stoic, powerful God of War while Ling Xi is gentle, wears her heart on her sleeve, and playful. 

I also really liked how Ling Xi evolved into someone who was worthy of being JC's wife.

Spoiler

12766-2019081218292733.jpg

• Love 1

43 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

Yook Sung Jae~ He is pretty cute with his hairstyle back at busted 2:kiss_wink: I love him!

He plays as the king of thieves :joy: the first recruiter from the team of investigator..in the end, he betrayed them..then it comes the time whereby another interested applicant came...and turns out to be flower killer and he betrayed the team again! I swear..the investigator team always get betrayed....love it. Haha

@Lawyerh so in MITH we have a thief, a killer who speaks flower language, a cheater with the supposedly loser hair cut, the other two seems fine? (They should really run away):joy: the butlers are crazy.

+2

He is really cute  I remember him from the drama Goblin. 

+2

• Like 2