Add and Subtract Game

Admin

56 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

After watching action, romance seems too slow :D

If I have to, I prefer family drama, or otherwise it is musicals or fantasy.

Something with a humane touch is good too (loads of that in Bollywood lol)

+2

Some Family dramas tend to be too makjang or too heartbreaking. The only two that I have watched and truly enjoyed are my daughter Sero Yong and my father is strange.

I like fantasy too...

I haven't watched a Bollywood movie in a long time. I used to be so obsessed :joy:

+2

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, cenching said:

60 episodes....I repeat, 60 episodes....:glasses: That's the “beauty” of C drama....:joy:

+2

You remembered to eat and shower, I hope? Like 5 minutes each? :P 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

This girl just made me love her more :love:

• LOL 3

3 hours ago, Sejabin said:

winter sonata or stairway to heaven

Wow, I watched them too

lately I prefer light drama, so Kim Myeong Su next drama is suitable for my taste lol.

I am watching Jang Keun-suk in Switch, reminding me of American action movies. I like Jang Keun-suk but I am not a crazy fan, I looked at his thread and was amazed at the number of pages 1000+  :D 

Honestly he is very talented 

the prince of Asia  :mrgreen:

+2

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Sarang21 said:

haven't watched a Bollywood movie in a long time. I used to be so obsessed :joy:

You are speaking to a former Bollywood addict :D

been watching 1 or 2 movies daily from 2014 till 2019 lol

that was before KBS World was available on TV in my country from May 2018

I shifted my addiction to kdrama :D

And instead of listening to Hindi songs it became kpop lol

no number

• LOL 4

On 1/21/2020 at 10:57 AM, LSGLMH_88 said:

+2

And @mouse007 is yet nowhere to be seen !!! I was waiting for her review... This is not looking good :D

@LSGLMH_88 @thanie I'M ALIVE!!! I had just gone into seclusion, sucked into the abyss that is called "Love and Destiny". I would have to agree with @LSGLMH_88, L&D is so so good!

@kokodus @cenching @ktcjdrama please do check it out. It will be worth your while. I thought 60 episodes would take me a long time to finish. I underestimated myself. I blew through all of it in a matter of days. Haha!

@cenching I will only say that YH is better looking than JiuChen but besides their looks, you can't really compare them. They are 2 different gods. I would have to agree with @LSGLMH_88 in that what makes JC lovable is his resolve to do what he feels is right, bearing all consequences, even going against the rules and against his own teacher. He understands what he is risking and he willingly puts himself at a disadvantage for the woman he loves, and yet does a very good job of maintaining a sense of duty, not forgetting the importance of his role as the God of War. 

I am a little torn in one area though, YH's eyes were very expressive while I felt that at times JC's facial expressions fell short. But then again, I don't know if this was intentional bec JC's character is one who is stoic. IMO, JC is exactly what I would picture as a God of War - stoic, valiant, resolute, has a great sense of duty, loyal, powerful, intelligent. They cast him well.

I also really liked Ling Xi's character - I wouldn't call her a dummy. Rather, she is innocent, inexperienced and a little naive. But she is smart, kind, and brave. Her character grows and evolves through the drama. 

@LSGLMH_88 I'm going to put some of my thoughts below so as not to spoil it for those who haven't seen it

Spoiler

I really, really loved JC's character. He is a force to be reckoned with and I felt like the drama did such a good job of letting you see all of his different facets. I actually liked that he was hard to read sometimes but that is supposed to be part of his personality as the God of War. 

I loved seeing him jealous while in the mortal realm and I loved seeing him become more affectionate (all those stolen kisses!) and be more open about his feelings toward Ling Xi. When Lin Mo asked him if he liked her, and he answered "I like you.. I care for you.. I pine for you.. you can even say I love you...) ugh... my heart! 

And JC is also inexperienced when it comes to falling in love so it was quite adorable watching him be distressed (like the time he wanted to see Ling Xi in Shanling Tribe but couldn't find a good excuse to go or the time he was missing her and tried to distract himself). In all things he was always confident but when it came to Ling Xi, he would sometimes feel a bit of insecurity like how he was always being told he was old. Haha

I actually prefer JC of YH because of how resolute he was in his love for Ling Xi and his desire to save and protect her at all costs.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

@Lawyerh , @Sarang21 , @triplem seriously whenever I see car without pedal or steering wheel is freak me out :joy::mrgreen:

+2

I guess we are getting a real life truck of doom.... It just move on his own :joy:. But seriously those cars freak me out too...I don´t trust the technic not to malfunction. 

+2

• LOL 3

3 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

You are speaking to a former Bollywood addict :D

been watching 1 or 2 movies daily from 2014 till 2019 lol

that was before KBS World was available on TV in my country from May 2018

I shifted my addiction to kdrama :D

And instead of listening to Hindi songs it became kpop lol

no number

The exact same things happened to me :joy:. Once you discover oppa you can never go back :joy:

while we are on the topic of kpop..who are your favorite groups?

Also check out this video...It´s so awesome because different groups came together for this project

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, LSGLMH_88 said:

And also please tell me whether it was convincing enough to watch more of CC???

:D:D

Tbh, L&D won't be everyone's cup of tea because of CC as JC. CC is a great actor BUT his JC is "difficult". JC is stoic, stiff and not everyone can "read" his micro expressions. Majority of people who don't know him will say he doesn't know how to acts. The worst part is his styling (again!!). Like it or not, people love to see pretties in the drama and L&D is XianXia while CC isn't looked ethereal AT ALL.  CC is so convincing as a mortal old geezer that even his posture and body language in the whole 60 episodes is completely in harmony with my neighborhood's Abuelo....... :skull: His costume is dull and his hairstyle didn't suits him. NiNi as LX didn't helps either because she shined very bright with her super expressive self. She made JC looked extraordinarily drab and ancient.

I am going to binge on CC's other works later....:glasses: The ones without him looking like my granddada.....:rage:

5 hours ago, mouse007 said:

@cenching I will only say that YH is better looking than JiuChen but besides their looks, you can't really compare them. They are 2 different gods. I would have to agree with @LSGLMH_88 in that what makes JC lovable is his resolve to do what he feels is right, bearing all consequences, even going against the rules and against his own teacher. He understands what he is risking and he willingly puts himself at a disadvantage for the woman he loves, and yet does a very good job of maintaining a sense of duty, not forgetting the importance of his role as the God of War. 

I am a little torn in one area though, YH's eyes were very expressive while I felt that at times JC's facial expressions fell short. But then again, I don't know if this was intentional bec JC's character is one who is stoic. IMO, JC is exactly what I would picture as a God of War - stoic, valiant, resolute, has a great sense of duty, loyal, powerful, intelligent. They cast him well.

I also really liked Ling Xi's character - I wouldn't call her a dummy. Rather, she is innocent, inexperienced and a little naive. But she is smart, kind, and brave. Her character grows and evolves through the drama. 

I have to agree with you that YH is better looking than JC. I also agree that we can't compare The Celestial Crown Prince and God of War, it doesn't even feel right to compare L&D with Peach Blossoms. But as I have been richard simmons!ng for a whole 60 episodes of how I wish the stylist shouldn't styled CC like a Sugar Dada with his trophy wife or like Dear Old Hefner with his latest squeeze. Stylist should at least made him decent looking NOT with a weird hairpiece that looked like they borrowed it next door in the last minutes because the nice one got carried away by one of the mystical beasts. I have no comment regarding his acting, he is perfect as JC just as MC is perfect as YH.

About NiNi as LX, it's obvious she absolutely nailed it. We can even see how her whole demeanor completely changed when she is LinMo, LingXi before mortal realm and LingXi after mortal realm. It's like a different person. If they covered her face in those scenes, I won't know that it's the same actress. Her looks suits her role perfectly, she is positively ethereal with her fair skin and pristine delicate features which is bad for JC as she made him looked like moldy sliced breads...:joy:

Also I like the set in L&D a lot. The ShanLing Tribe setting is beautiful with those grand arches and curves. Even JC's home is cozy and cool. Not a fan of The Heaven Palace Main Hall though, the whiteness hurts my eyes.

For short I prefer YH than JC mainly because I am having difficulty to overlook CC's styling. It's distracting for me... But I prefer LX over BQ though. YM is similar with CC, their expressions were difficult to comprehend in some places while MC and NiNi were absolutely nailed every single expressions.....NiNi is an actress that acts with every single cell of her body the same with MC.

+2

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 2

2 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

CNBLUE, BTOB, SS501, DAY6

Also like some songs by Stray Kids, Got7, Zico and others. I like top songs in charts :)

+2

I like quite a few but those are the  top one for me: 

BTS, Stray kids, Ateez, SF9, Monsta X, TXT, and EXO. I recently started listening to Got7 and I´m really enjoying their music :mrgreen:

+2

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

8 minutes ago, Sarang21 said:

I like quite a few but those are the  top one for me: 

BTS, Stray kids, Ateez, SF9, Monsta X, TXT, and EXO. I recently started listening to Got7 and I´m really enjoying their music :mrgreen:

+2

I should improve my music Taste and start listening to your list :joy:

is embarrassing to listen to him :joy:

+2

• LOL 3

14 minutes ago, angelangie said:

well im still trying to get use to seeing DiJun in black hair lols.....i still think he look best with white hair....personal preferences hahahah

Tbh, Venga Gao's looks doesn't really suits ancient drama but he looks great in XianXia/fantasy as a hot god so something uncommon like white hair on a young face looks great on him. Even in Peach Blossoms during mortal realm scenes, he looks like a pien thai romancing a young girl.....:joy:

+2

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

@mouse007 i'm still only at 7th ep. Lol. I think JC looks old more because he is acting old, not because the actor himself looks very old. His calm mature face, you can readily tell that he is an immortal who is lived forever. Even around Ling Xi he doesn't soften, not yet, he is still stoic and straight faced. In the later eps it may change, I guess. Ye hua, on the other hand, had that mischievous glint in his eyes sometimes that made him look young. Also Bai qian is far more mature and old than Ling xi, she is older than Ye hua actually so it made sense that he looked young there. I agree that the stylists could have been more imaginative and creative, it's a fantasy drama after all why dress everyone in dull monochrome colours. I think Nini is extremely beautiful, they better have gorgeous costumes and extravagant headpieces for her in the later eps. 

Ok I googled the actor's age. He is in his early 40s, he is not that much older than, say, Wallace Chung or Wallace huo. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1