Add and Subtract Game

1 hour ago, Lawyerh said:

So I just finished book called "Loss Adjustment". The topic was hard, as its about 1 mother that lost her daughter due to suicide. The daughter was beautiful, studied in international school, was living in condos with her middle class parents. 

One must be wondering (including myself), what could be the trigger of such a dark thought, while her living condition was so much better than most of the common people.

From her diary, it seems can be concluded that she has difficulty to speak in public, was liking girl instead of guy and seems holding herself with too high standard and caring too much about others opinion. And in the short reason, only she know about her pain and diary won't be enough to explain the whole ordeal. 

I think what I can learn here, perfectionism and living based on other opinions can be dangerous. It's a good reading for me, eventhough its quite depressing and gory. And while the topic is about death, its kind of giving me more appreciation about life. 

@Lawyerh Interesting read. In reality, well-off people are the ones prone to depression. It's the issue of the society these days. You mentioned this book several times somewhere.. I thought it's a book about insurance... I suddenly missed my first love, reading! 

@Sejabin I feel youuuuuu! Postpartum depression is real, you know. We'll talk about it later ... not now and not in this thread... 

+2

• Like 2
  • Replies 148.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kokodus

• Sleepy Owl

• partyon

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hai everyone.. the night was approaching..  to a team add @Lmangla @Ameera Ali @corey   @MayanEcho  @partyon   @iksunijini@sadthe1st @Min2206 @Thong Thin   @pompyavi @mirmz @larus @joccu  @M

hai everyone.. the real night sky.  to a team add @Ernie @Min2206  @4evrkdrama @Catleya    @sadthe1st @cenching   @MayanEcho @Thong Thin @Sleepy Owl  @joccu @pompyavi @Nodame    @J

hai everyone.. night in the sockets rounds.   to a team add @Sleepy Owl @Ameera Ali    @iksunijini @corey @cenching    @Nodame   @pompyavi @larus @Jillia   @MayanEcho  @partyon @Lm

Posted Images

+2

10 hours ago, nrllee said:

@triplem O I just realized why FL in Dr R2 looks so familiar.  She’s in Weightlifting Fairy?  @Dhakra not hopping on board the train?  O wait...I forgot, he preferred the second FL?  So I guess no point trying to sell it to him. :lol:

Nah, first there is the word "Romantic" already in the title, which makes me wanna run and secondly LSK isn't really my type of actress. Yes, she was in Fairy, but actress-wise I looked out for others in Fairy. The second leads and cameos were way more interesting.

Even NJH was more interesting. 

10 hours ago, triplem said:

Yep , he will naturally gravitate towards the 2nd , 3rd , 4th FL unless it’s Lee Bo Young . 

This is scaringly accurate. :D I am a bit stunned how well you said that. That sums it up perfectly. LBY really is the only FL that gets me. 

@LSGLMH_88 SOLD! I just added Love and Destiny to my watch list. It looks like it got a lot of raving reviews. 60 episodes though! This will require some commitment on my part. :sweatingbullets:

9 hours ago, kokodus said:

@LSGLMH_88 Love and destiny. Xian Xia. Great. And the lead is The God of war. You know there is only one God of war and that is my Xu Feng!!!! Hahaha ok kidding. I'll watch this one for you. I'm not familiar with the leads, but I never have as far as Xi'an xia dramas, I watch a drama, get head over heels over the leads and end up watching all their other dramas. LOL. So from which ep do you think I'll get hooked. Because I have to hold on until the good parts come to decide whether I can finish it or not, right

@kokodus bwahaha! This is so me when it comes to dramas with a lot of episodes. I need to know where the turning point is so that I can endure until then. :joy:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, LSGLMH_88 said:

@mouse007 trust me you will not regret...and after 60 episodes you will crave for more...

@LSGLMH_88 I believe you! That's the way I felt about TMOPB after it ended. Same with Ashes of Love. Even though they were both long, it felt like I could just keep watching and watching.

• Like 4
13 minutes ago, LSGLMH_88 said:

And if you love those two you are going to love thos one as well

I just hope it has a happy ending because nothing is worse than going through 60 episodes only to be broken-hearted in the end.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Sejabin said:

That is why if others opinions are too much to handle for me I will immediately cut all contacts from those people including my mom in law

I suffered from paying attention to other people opinions, that's why I sometimes prefer to be alone than having to do what's expected. I ended up doing things my way.  When I feel bad, I tell myself God accepts me as I am, as long as I am not hurting anyone, it is OK to do things my way, even if they are not always so "correct " from the point of view of others 

+2

• Like 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

I can't go around pleasing everyone else all the time, or I would seriously never get anything done away. I have to be true to myself first, and as you say, as long as I'm not deliberately hurting anyone else, then I see no harm in doing what I think is right. 

Each of us have to find our own paths to take, and it's awesome that you are finding yours even if you suffer for it at times.

+2

Very well said. Amen to that!

I swear I wrote something in this thread 30 minutes ago. I wonder where it went

+2

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

@triplem Okay I am calling it.  Up to Ep9 in Watcher.  Whoever killed (YongGoon) Brown Eyes’ dad wasn’t the original killer.  MO is different.  So is the lieutenant who was found in the mass grave (killed himself in the room the Investigation team calls home?) he was the one who was fully clothed and didn’t have his thumb chopped off in that mass grave. The serial killer is some vigilante cop who was out for his own deranged form of “justice”.  He kills the bad guys but cuts their thumbs off before death.  The Park guy in prison and TaeJoo (female lawyer) had their thumbs cut off too but they weren’t killed (I assume because they didn’t fit his prey profile).  They got in his (killer) way.  There are people (up top) after the ledger because it would take the whole justice system down with revelations of corruption.  YG’s dad was tortured to reveal the whereabouts of the ledger...he died during the torture process (heart Attack).  Perpetrator panicked and tried to revive him with CPR... couldn’t and so tried to frame it on the culprit by taking his thumb off (copycat).

Killer is not ChiGwang.  Neither is it Jang HaeRyong (dirty cop chief who is always at odds with ChiGwang)...I thought the Deputy but he doesn’t look like he could do it.  The lady Commissioner on the other hand I find highly suspicious.  She loves to be “seen”...likes a following (active on SNS)... likes to take credit for everything.  Initially I didn’t think she could do it because it takes strength to move bodies and  she doesn’t look particularly large or strong...but hey...so far...she tops my list as the serial killer. :lol:.  Let’s see if I guessed right.

EDIT - the police officer who joined up with ChiGwang in the first Ep - the girl in their team?  She’s working under cover or something...her “bf” (the one who rings her) is her superior...I think... :lol:

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Sejabin said:

perhaps this office will be close soon. HAHAHAHAHAHA internet connection is too bad because we had not renew the contract yet with the server company :joy: I really really really want to watch crash landing on you because everyone are crazy about this drama in here. wkwkwkwk.

+2

Don't event think about it. Just imagine the hassle of looking for a job and starting again :joy:

Now I know  the difference between Foundation and BB Cream ... and CC Creams :blush:. All have "masking" effect on me and I love them the same. BB Creams have a lot of benefits to offer --  All-in-one Skin BFF, from Coverage to Care to Skin Protection. A multi-tasker! Foundation is more on Coverage only, evens out skin tone and hides blemishes. And CC Cream is BB Cream's older sister :lol: (haven't tried using it yet) ... 

Images of American soldiers bidding goodbye to their families is spreading like wildfire in social media since yesterday.  So Heartbreaking :heartbreak: Whether those soldiers see their love ones again or not is a difficult question to answer by now. Why can't we just spread love and not war? 

• Like 2

@stroppyse @angelangie thank you

I am not different in a radical sense, I am just antisocial, and suffered from a health problem which people in my country don't understand. It is related to mental health, something like over-anxiety, and inability to work under stress. So I couldn't get married because men in my country are so demanding, they enslave their wives. Some wives are aggressive and they even get divorce, but I am not the type. 

My family sometimes don't know what's wrong, so they blame me for unable to bear stress at work or in the past at school. I used to break down. My parents are very kind but they are too simple, they took care of me but they are too worried

Later I knew my abilities and tried to act within them, regardless what others say. I know that God tests me and He gave me means to survive too, so now I don't care if others blame me for an illness I am not responsible for. 

+2

• Like 1
  • Love 4

@nrllee hahahaahah...shall I tell you or not if your speculations are correct? I won't say a lot , cuz half the fun is in guessing...and it will keep you guessing till the end...but this is all I will say

Spoiler

your line of thought is in the right direction

Busy day...but will be off for a short getaway for my annual pilgrimage ...nothing spiritual :lol:...gonna be going to Bangkok with my close gfs for our yearly husband -and -kid -free weekend to spend our hard earned cash :joy:

@nohamahamoud2002 big hugs for you...

1 minute ago, triplem said:

@nrllee hahahaahah...shall I tell you or not if your speculations are correct? I won't say a lot , cuz half the fun is in guessing...and it will keep you guessing till the end.

Nah...not long till the end anyway.  Keeps me on my toes.  :lol:  I may have to pause it to watch Hot Stove League when it airs on Fri-Sat.  

PS I noticed the change in profile pic... no abs anymore... but kissing?  Who dat?  Have fun in Bangkok sans hubby and kids.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
42 minutes ago, nrllee said:

Nah...not long till the end anyway.  Keeps me on my toes.  :lol:  I may have to pause it to watch Hot Stove League when it airs on Fri-Sat.  

PS I noticed the change in profile pic... no abs anymore... but kissing?  Who dat?  Have fun in Bangkok sans hubby and kids.

enjoy the rest of the episodes! 
Thanks . Looking forward to some quality time with my gfs

The profile pic is the same oppa . Kim Jae young who played the assassin/ brother  in 100 Days . My current oppa obsession :D. The abs pic was taken from his role in Secret Boutique this year  He is currently leading a weekend drama Beautiful love Wonderful Life . The current pic is OTP’s 1st kiss after 26 long episodes ( this is a 50 eps drama ) . Waiting for that 1st kiss felt like forever  :joy:. Has been a good two years  for his career having acted only in the last  6 years . 100Days led him to 3 lead roles . 

41 minutes ago, Sejabin said:

I like cushion cream. But only use this for special event or ocassion. For daily use still use loose powder. My city is too hot. Not comfortable to wear cc cream for everyday makeup.

Loose powder triggers breakout on my skin so I cannot use it. I have a very very sensitive skin that's why I'd rather invest on quality foundation. But this time, after finishing this bottle, I will switch on BB Cream and see what happens

• Like 2
12 hours ago, LSGLMH_88 said:

Yes it's a happy ending.

Yay! That gives me even more reason to watch it. :thumbsup:

17 hours ago, stroppyse said:

It seems a lot of people have a lot of opinions about the way I do things or even not do things. I can't go around pleasing everyone else all the time, or I would seriously never get anything done away. I have to be true to myself first, and as you say, as long as I'm not deliberately hurting anyone else, then I see no harm in doing what I think is right. I use the word "deliberately" because I know that some of the decisions I make may impact others, possibly in a negative way, however, if I feel that is the right thing to do, then I have to do it, facing the consequences afterward.

So, all I can say to you having read your post is to offer you my encouragement and reassurance that just because you do things your way does not make you a bad person at all. Each of us have to find our own paths to take, and it's awesome that you are finding yours even if you suffer for it at times.

I agree, you can't live life trying to please everyone. First of all it's not healthy and second, it's pretty much impossible. Like @triplem said, there will always be people who get disappointed not only with the way you do things but also the things they expect you to do that you don't do. 

As humans, we also make mistakes. Some of the decisions we make may not turn out the way we want them to and it may have negative consequences. The important thing is to recognize our limitations, accept our failures and take responsibility for our own actions. It's unfair to live the way you want and then blame others for it.

That being said, I also think that although we shouldn't live by other people's standards, we also shouldn't be selfish and only think of how it benefits/impacts us. There is a line that we must be careful not to cross because ultimately our actions have an impact - either positive or negative to ourselves and to others.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

Anyone reading Meghan x Harry saga? Haha its nice gossip in de midnight. I should be sleeping actually lols... but im wasting my time on them :mrgreen:

@Lawyerh it was all over social media yesterday so it was hard to miss. I read about it but not really sure what it means exactly. It also seems (from reading Buckingham's statement) that they did not know about it prior and were somewhat caught off guard by H & M's (haha like the clothing line) announcement.

22 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

and yay to me for devouring all the Chocolate available. Good thing the crying is not as much as before. @mouse007 I forgot, are you all caught up too? Can’t wait for the next episode. Will go do the poll now. 

@ktcjdrama LOL I can't believe you devoured all the episodes so quickly!! Yes, I'm all caught up so just waiting for new episodes to become available. Ugh and the last episode was such a turning point as well so it's making me even more anxious to see what happens next.

Spoiler

PS. I did the poll. I think first kiss will happen in ep 13-14 and I think they'll end up in Greece

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • partyon changed the title to Add and Subtract Game
  • Guest pinned this topic