Add and Subtract Game

Admin

55 minutes ago, triplem said:

You should watch it ...I like it so far, though first few eps is dark and tragic, so  prepare tissue. But things pick up from this week . And yes he is very handsome...I rarely watch long weekenders...I am making an exception for him...

@Ameera Ali ...this one is like a mega advertorial but it is mindless entertainment :mrgreen:

@triplem Is that drama called Onstyle? I want to check it out. Thanks. 

• Like 2

A sad for Kpop :( But it wasn't surprising.

@ktcjdrama Nah, slapstick is totally not something I want to see.

@stroppyseOkay, I see. Thank you. Sounds a bit like the road Manhole took. Well, without the aliens. Ahhh.....I miss Manhole.....sometimes

@triplemThank you, I'm going to look it up

26 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

So there are news here & there one states a suicide the other states a cardiac arrest..I honestly don’t know what to believe :tears: got any info? 

I read that police stated it was suicide by hanging...??

I don’t know her well and I don’t follow her, but I’m feeling down because of the news... I pray that people who are struggling out there will be able to start seeking help and support instead of trying to cope by themselves and feel defeated. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3

19 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I read that police stated it was suicide by hanging...??

I don’t know her well and I don’t follow her, but I’m feeling down because of the news... I pray that people who are struggling out there will be able to start seeking help and support instead of trying to cope by themselves and feel defeated. 

Oh that must be the latest news. The earlier ones just reported her manager found her dead body. If it's hanging, I also feel bad for her manager who must be in shock. I don't know why those Kpop companies like SM ent don't have in house regular counselling sessions. The company can take away the stigma by naming it a Wellness Spa where massages,facials, yoga and definitely sleep sessions are included as well to camouflage it and the idols won't find it embarrassing to go there. The companies make billions of $ from their idols. Doing this is small change to them and it saves lives. I'm still counselling the assistant manager from Nature Republic. He finds it comfortable to talk with me cos I'm not Korean and he knows I'll keep confidentiality. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

+2

46 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

So there are news here & there one states a suicide the other states a cardiac rest..I honestly don’t know what to believe :tears:

Nothing official at least. But personally anything else than suicide would surprise me heavily. It's known that she suffered from depression, she spoke multiple times of feeling alone and exhausted. During multiple live streams she defended herself and her actions. In a recent interview she

She received a lot of (online) critism by netiziens because of some decisions she made. She refused to wear any bras in public, which probably only is seen as in issue in conservative Korea, she also shot some full-nude front scenes in some shady movies, which as an former idol, is well......difficult.  So all in all a lot of bad vibes were heading in her direction.

But it seems she felt alone, seems like there was no one who caught her and accompanied her while she struggled with her life. 

Honestly this is what really makes me sad, since I have a very fully developed protective instinct. 

17 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

I Guess it’s confirmed bah.:tears: sigh. It’s great to see that other celebs are cancelling their programs as a respect to her. Kinda show how influential she is to those artist :thumbsup:

Not officially confirmed though.

Respect? Maybe, but releasing or promoting something on a well-knowns celebreties day of death is poison from a marketing perspective. You don't want both events to be on the same day or even linked together, since everyone will remember her death happened that day. You don#t want to her over and over again that your album release was on the day Sulli died.

She sent out so many calls for help all these years-admitting she had depression, felt so alone, hounded by malicious online comments. Jonghyun also sent out a lot of red flags. I'm sure they were seeking help. Just take one moment of darkness when no one is around to pull them out of it for tragedy to strike. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Insightful 1

I just came home from work and was eating dinner when I stumbled upon an article about Sulli's death. Had to reread the title multiple times before it actually registered that she truly died... Poor girl, may she rest in peace. The most devastating thing is that she had noone by her side that could be there for her when she needed it the most...

• Sad 2

This is really sad. I have always thought Sulli was a brave girl who doesn't like to live her life dictated by what other people say. I'm not a fan or follower, but she didnt come across as someone who would take their own life. Sighh. Tats how it is though most of the times, people put up a brave front in front of others, but you never know what's going on inside of them. I guess it should not be as surprising afterall as many kpop idols have taken this route before. But this one really is shocking to me.

May her soul rest in peace. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

@Asohib Thanks for answering ! I was afraid I was making you feel awkward by asking that question.I was going to say don't answer if you feel uncomfortable.Why did you say-"hope won't disappoint" ? You'll never disappoint cos you've got a good heart and that's rare in this world. I've a lot of Indonesian friends including @cenching whom I adore as the Captain of my old shipping thread LGX/ZLY which burnt and crashed. She's v wise and kind and righteous. Are the Indonesians still protesting about the govt trying to implement a law to ?punish adulterers? 

Indonesia is actually less strict than Malaysia where Muslim practices are concerned. I think Malaysia is the strictest with their Syariah court. The only place  I've been to in Indonesia is Bali many years ago. 

I'll keep staying with the Subtract Team. Or else at this rate there'll only be Add team members and then the thread wouldn't be the thread cos then it'll be the Add and Add Team rather than Add and Subtract Team. Won't the thread finish if it's just Add Team? I like this thread cos we can talk about anything under the sun. Good night.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

11 hours ago, refuse2sink said:

So very sad-she's only 25. Why did the police say it's not a suicide note ? It is a suicide note. I love visiting Seoul and have a soft spot for South Koreans. They are very angry and sad people. Angry that they cannot change their circumstances and therefore sad about it. They can't afford to buy their own houses unless they live in very small villages where there isn't any employment. I was buying something from Nature Republic in Myeongdong and the cashier forgot to give me my tax free $ back. The manager started shouting at him in Korean. Since it was the manager who served me and showed me what to buy, I smiled at her and put my hand lightly on her shoulder and told her it's ok. Gwanchana. She looked at me in surprise and I kept smiling and she suddenly broke out into a smile. They are like tightly wound up springs. I bought her bubble tea to drink during her break. That surprised her too. The next day I went back to get my 2nd stash of stuff from Nature Republic and the assistant manager, a man, who saw what happened yesterday started confiding in me about all his personal problems. We are still in touch till now. Suicide is a South Korean problem, not just a Kpop problem.

You are so kind to do this. Kudos to you. :wub:

And yes to being like tightly wound up springs.

As for those who call out big companies like SM for not providing support, I get the feeling even if they did (I don’t know if they do), because it’s a shame culture, not many would actually admit to it and follow through with treatment.  Sulli’s sounds like it’s a longstanding problem.  As was JongHyun’s.  It’s just sad all round.  Especially for those left behind.  Family, close friends.  The guilt is real.  I hope they can find solace...living with the guilt is hard. :tears:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1