Add and Subtract Game

Admin

Oh No ! Please don't tell me in "My Secret Boutique" my assassin oppa has a sad life and a sad ending too. Please give this poor guy a break ! Haven't watched a K drama in a long time. C dramas have too many episodes-takes 10-15 episodes just to start the story. Yawn !

Auspicious number :D

• LOL 2
  • Insightful 1

19 minutes ago, refuse2sink said:

Oh No ! Please don't tell me in "My Secret Boutique" my assassin oppa has a sad life and a sad ending too.

Who is your assasin oppa? I think many characters have a hard time/ sad life in the drama. :D

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

they should this important scene to know character, for me I know characters by the size of their abs

Of course. I think that`s why every kdrama (at least that I know of) shows the abs in the first episode. It is included in the presentation of the character.

• LOL 6

5 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

Haha wait till you see Guest :joy:

I made a mistake. It`s 904. :lol:

I am counting on the substract team. I want to be here when the Add team will win. I have to go for a while. :D

Now it is 906.

• LOL 4

15 hours ago, nrllee said:

Pros and cons.  The filial piety generation learnt the meaning of self sacrifice.  You sacrifice the “little me” to accomplish/complete the “big me” (Chinese saying).  The individualistic autonomous generation is all about me, myself, I.  They become very self absorbed.  Everything is about “me”, how I feel, how everything revolves around “me”.  Their world becomes very small.  It’s harder to get them to look outside of themselves for the greater good.  I think half the problem is that this autonomy whilst advocating self esteem and becoming your “best self” and finding meaning within “yourself” in reality does the opposite.  You can’t “find” meaning apart from giving of yourself to others.  The most self fulfilled people are actually those who have learnt to not take themselves too seriously and give of themselves for the betterment of others.  In the case of Wonder, the Sister Olivia who had to give up most of her time with her parents and grow up on her own in the shadow of her disabled Brother whose condition took up all of their energy?  She grew up self reliant, independent, with a great head on her shoulders.  I also loved how the movie emphasised the importance of a stable affirming family which is paramount to growing mature, thoughtful children who have the resilience to navigate the ugliness of life.  It was a beautiful film all round.  Warm.  Grounded in reality but hopeful.

Now I have to watch this movie!

I totally agree with your statements above. I have found that the younger generations have developed a sense of self-entitlement and almost expect the world to cater to their needs and desires. I think too much emphasis is being given to loving one's self that it's creating this mentality of "my needs come first", "I need to be happy first". The problem is, life never caters to one individual. Although it is important to develop a love for self, it must be a healthy form of self love and self love should not be used as a reason to be selfish, egotistical or proud. Self love shouldn't be used as a reason to be inconsiderate, to be rude, or to consider yourself to be superior. 

Yes, it is important to develop self-esteem, to have confidence in your abilities, to value yourself. But it is so you can face life's challenges, to use your abilities to make the world a better place and to be an example to those around you. To use your talents and skills to help others. That's what gives true satisfaction - that you didn't only make yourself better but you also helped those around you.

11 hours ago, Sushimi said:

@nohamahamoud2002 thank you :kiss_wink:

i don’t peel my grapes because I want that subtle crunch when I bite it :) 

Yes! I also love the crunch. I hate eating soft grapes. I just didn't have the heart to tell my grandma that considering how hard she worked to peel them. LOL

• Like 3
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, larus said:

Who is your assasin oppa? I think many characters have a hard time/ sad life in the drama. :D

@larus He acted in 100 Days My Prince as the brother to the female lead. He sacrificed himself for his sister and became an assassin for the bad man. Then when he could almost lead a normal life, he got killed. :confounded:

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, refuse2sink said:

He acted in 100 Days My Prince as the brother to the female lead. He sacrificed himself for his sister and became an assassin for the bad man. Then when he could almost lead a normal life, he got killed. 

It would have been easier to tell me the actor`s name. :lol: I checked which actor is in distribution of both shows. 

So, he is Kim Jae Young. :)

2 hours ago, triplem said:

sneak peek around 2:07 ...:blush:... holding a bucket under my chin...someone help me ...but you know for my heart's sake,  I hope he has love line with the younger girl ( the baduk player) ...it will end very badly if he still cannot  move on from noona crush. These melodramas always do things tragically 

I don`t think he will end bad. He is the protagonist, he will be with the winning team. :D I don`t know if his love for Jenny will be reciprocated in Secret Boutique but I wish he will not be so brokenhearted in the end of the show. We`ll see.

Yes, it would be better for him to stop his crush on noona, but it is easier said than done.

About the gifs.... So I won the bet!:w00t:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

5 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

do u by chance still remember him?

Of course. I remember the actor even from his first drama, Dr Champ (2010) playing a supporting judo player. Nice body. :D  I watched him in four dramas. After Misty he became memorable for me. :w00t:

• LOL 4