Add and Subtract Game

Admin

@triplem I started a thread for Psychopath Diary.  I am not sure I added the right stuff.  Apologies if I didn’t and you have to modify it.  I was waiting for experts like larus or Oly40 to kickstart it but nothing yet...so I tried to start it... :lol:.  My rather infantile attempt.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

13 hours ago, triplem said:

I was watching Goodbye Mr Black ( sorry to Sushi ex oppa , but I had 2nd lead syndrome. ) Then I started watching all his other stuff & even his stint on the reality series We Got Married. I was wanting to find out more about where to watch the WGM episodes  , so I signed up & joined the shippers thread   . But I can’t consider my self a loyal shipper. I just really like him :lol:. I like him chubbier too . He lost too much weight . 

@ktcjdrama @triplem ~ wait, who is this you are chatting about? which WGM fella is this?

• LOL 3

13 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

@ktcjdrama @triplem ~ wait, who is this you are chatting about? which WGM fella is this?

Song Jae Rim

@nrllee You can follow the layout by larus & make it pretty as you wish . Anyway I’ll check it for you. 

45 minutes ago, triplem said:

Song Jae Rim

omo, that fella? okay. so I never liked him for some reason and his stint on WGM is enough to give me bad memories. why? the ship was like all sorts of crazy. the girl seemed to borderline hate him for some reason and gave an interview to a chinese media that there's no possibility of being a real couple outside the show and then there was a dating scandal which she denied. the ship basically had a meltdown. those who expressed a tiniest amount of doubt were basically booted out in a real bad way. this meant feelings were running very bitter and high when they ended on the WGM thread (basically for non-shippers and just to discuss the show).

whenever these guys would point out any negative, the ship members would arrive in droves and some of us (the old WGM thread members) had to do damage control. ugh. it was such a nightmare trying to be neutral and rational and to keep reminding people that the WGM thread was not for shippers which meant that people could express both positive and negative thoughts about the show.

I actually found the coupling super weird and they should have just left after the scandals because she came across as super bitter and vindictive at times in her behaviour whereas he seemed determined to do his bit for the show and just continue. by the end, they both just seemed tired and I was so happy when they changed the roster and the WGM thread no longer felt like a battlefield.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

2 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

@Lmangla the wgm look super hot and SJR a bit too touchy feely for me. But i think they played drama together again and all good? 

I guess so? or maybe it was PD just trying to promote the drama by using a well known coupling? who knows.. that drama itself was very badly written and so even hard core shipper fans couldn't sit through -- the drama was that bad. LOL. :lol:

while I wasn't a shipper, I was more aghast at her lack of common business/career sense -- why would you flat out insult your colleague that way in media? who cares if you can't stand him or have no romantic feel towards him but make up some PR response while you are in the show and after. she actually did hurt her career because from what I vaguely remember, the drama was a bit of casting grace for her as she wasn't cast after that snafu. they all come on WGM for the exposure and she didn't know how to turn it into career movement.

• LOL 2
  • Insightful 1

@Lawyerh ~ I actually never saw the chemistry or the magic between the two of them and was often bored with their segments. like really bored that I would fast forward. :lol: hahahahha... so something I learned from watching WGM -- to each their own and this is why I was almost always on the WGM thread. the only couple I shipped were taecgui but they had a very playful, cute chemistry.

as for her being bitter, I don't know why but that was my impression. I can't remember actual moments from the show but that was what came through to me. my impression was that she didn't want to continue to be on the show and she was forced to by her agent/company and so would be passive aggressive.

• Like 3

@Lmangla @Lawyerh he actually helped her out when her career was down . The original lead actress for the weekend drama left just before airing , so he recommended to the PD & asked her to come on board. So they are still friends IRL but nothing romantic. The weekend drama was stressful to watch , i couldn’t pass maybe 20 eps . I liked them in WGM - enjoyed their segments. So I guess one man’s meat is another man’s poison eh. 

10 minutes ago, staygold said:

what a scandalous profile pic!!! who is it:ph34r:

Ahem Lee Joon Hyuk in DS60. He’s being smarmy again . Here  he’s not corrupted but a delusional terrorist !  But I forgive him since he gave me a shirtless scene ..:lol:. If he reprises his role in Stranger, I do hope he’ll redeem himself abit . #fangirlproblems 

SJR yeah it seems he’s not getting the sort of roles I’d like him to have but then again it’s so competitive in SK , I Guess not every actor gets the chance to be picky . 

His acting is alright , not exactly award winning sort , but I like him nevertheless. 

43 minutes ago, triplem said:

@Lmangla @Lawyerh he actually helped her out when her career was down . The original lead actress for the weekend drama left just before airing , so he recommended to the PD & asked her to come on board. So they are still friends IRL but nothing romantic. The weekend drama was stressful to watch , i couldn’t pass maybe 20 eps . I liked them in WGM - enjoyed their segments. So I guess one man’s meat is another man’s poison eh. 

people find WGM a weird show but I loved it and always look back on it fondly for what it taught me about relationships. it was amazing to read what people noticed in terms of body language and then gave interpretations. I am like blind and pay more attention to the scenery but it seriously gave me lots of food for thought when it came to how men and women form relationships, the really subtle clues and how different personalities come into play. it was also such a game changer to realize that we all have different definitions of romance. it was also fascinating to see how people relate -- sometimes, it would be based on whether they loved the dynamic and wanted it for themselves or maybe they saw themselves personality wise in that guy or girl. honestly, the shipper community can be a fascinating psych study. so yea, I loved the WGM thread because it was fascinating to read so much insight from a virtual marriage while laughing and giggling over basically nothing.... :sweatingbullets:

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

I found Little Forest have more soompi official update (SBS), but so less update on Siberia Expedition (TVN). Any idea why @triplem?

This train trip a bit secretive :lol:

I hv no idea . Could be they wanna surprise us . Plus they just started filming right?

Edited by Guest

5 minutes ago, angelangie said:

lols

is TG the very first WGM u watch?

yea taecgui was the first. then afterwards, I binged through some of the other WGM couples as well and then started watching the WGM show regularly every weekend. felt quite bad when they cancelled the show because I had been a regular for a few years.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, angelangie said:

well all good things sometimes do get to the end some of the times too...however i didnt knew that SJR help the girl after she went thru some turmoil .... until @triplem mentioned it

thats true @angelangie, a show can't go on forever.. but you know some of these WGM couples do form good friendships even afterwards like our taecgui.

one of my favourites from WGM besides taecgui was jo seho and cao lu. and it is funny because they are not that romantic where they are exploding with chemistry and would have a sultry gif like @Lawyerh posted but I really enjoyed them. when they first meet, she was hysterically disappointed to be paired with him but then says, it is okay, lets do it.

so, it seemed like seho was a bit reserved with her and I was totally startled when in one interview segment, he said that he adored her. I was like "what??? when did this happen and we hardly see it." but then he explained then when they had to take the wedding photo, she took off her high heels so that they could be on the same height level and that kindness is something he would never forget. it was really sweet because he was so self-aware that he is a short, chubby guy. so even if it was a fake relationship, that gesture where she wanted to save face for him meant a lot to him in real life.

CkD9NXMUkAEX-t8.jpg

so it was no wonder that after the WGM stint ended, she kept popping in several of his variety shows as a guest. it was actually hilarious because the other hosts would do a "ahem, so who do we have here?" and both (especially seho) would giggle so much. my favourite re-appearance was with flower crew where you could really tell that this two were still comfortable and even cared for each other. he actually spent the night outdoors freezing in a tent because he didn't want her to do it and she looked like she was about to cry when he said he would switch with her. and it was funny because one of the hosts kept poking her with questions and she admitted that during the show filming, she really liked seho as he treated her well...

https://www.soompi.com/article/949223wpp/jo-se-ho-is-fiestars-cao-lus-knight-in-shining-armor-on-flower-crew

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, jaydendoji said:

What is this?? He looks perfectly fine last week. Maybe because of the oversize clothes and camera angle :sweatingbullets:

I read some comment that the official pictures had been alter but since this was fancam it seems to be the real deal....Is he THAT busy???

• Like 4

9 hours ago, sushilicious said:

@nrllee Let me add, no drinking and driving too. They are ban from that as well. 

You have to seperate here between bans and just being rookies. Drinking isn't allowed most of the times, but driving is not completely true. Maybe within the first two years, but most idols are allowed to drive once they aren't rookies anymore. Most of Dreamcatcher members drive by now, they even do Vlogs about it. TWICE Members also drive, Jihyo even drove to Kang Daniel according to the news.

Dating though is always pretty much a sealed deal and isn't allowed for years or until they really have hit an age where it's not important anymore or they are so successful, that it doesn't matter. 

9 hours ago, sushilicious said:

There is a contact they have ,literally called slave contract. In which whatever they earn will not be the exact same amount they got. Let say this idol earn 1 million in sales, at the end he will probably get a few hundred to nothing dollars as their exact earnings. Why? Throughout the time he is in this company under this contract, he will not know how much the company is spending on him for.. Transport, makeup, training, song writing etc.So after the sales, the company have the rights to take different percentages of the earnings to pay the fees of the crew members which at the end of the day, lead the idol to nothing much left. Meanwhile, they are given hours and hours of practice having little to none time to rest.

There are multiple videos of it on YouTube, but basically you do not see any money in your rookie years until you paid back what the company invested in you. Most of the time it takes around 2 or more years to fully pay your debt.

If you try to get out of the contract early or abandon being an idol, you have to pay it back yourself. There are tons of cases where it goes to court. 

But it is not true that you do not know how much the company spent on you, most idols said that you can go to your CEO and ask for a listing what the company paid to make you debut. 

Yes, it's a slave contract, but.......well.....you get the fame, the fans and most importantly, potential advertisement deals. Advertisement or any "personal" deals are not affected by this contract, so every money you earn in commercial films is yours. 

Kpop is business, the company spents money into your training, your visuals, maybe even PS, the crew. Most people forget that the crew is working hard too and they have families and kids to feed either. And somewhere the money has to come from. 

It's not the best, but business is business. Kpop Idol is work, it's a job. You are selling something.