Add and Subtract Game

Admin

2 hours ago, triplem said:

@Dhakra come watch Justice .. very good & Nana is doing a great job . Much better than Kill it. Not much romance. 

is that her actual name or something she picked for herself? it is funny because in many cultures, nana means grandmother. :lol:

• LOL 1

On 8/2/2019 at 7:32 PM, USAFarmgirl 2 said:

@packmule3  Great to see you too!!  Just as a reminder LOL :w00t:There were days when you had me so worried too!!  Thankful you're safely back from traveling the world hoping you will be on more often miss your posts!!!  By the way that wasn't my instagram so I didn't get a friend request and I would have accepted.  But still sorry I made you and others worry about me....:tears: -2

I was so sure it was you because of the Holstein cow on her avatar.  That, plus the account said she was super-religious, and everybody here knows that you're a saint. hahaha.  

You'd be proud to know that I was the one who sounded the alarm. 

Image result for moi gif

Me.

I had one of my fly-by shootings...errr....fly-by postings here on this thread and immediately noticed that your avatar was gone. See? So even when I seem to ignore you, I do keep a (stink) eye of y'all. 

Like, where's @TRaNz?  Ah. There you are. 

On 8/2/2019 at 7:34 PM, angelangie said:

@packmule3 lols hi

@USAFarmgirl 2 that wasn’t u? Hmmm I tried beeping u there too

@angelangie any more Cdramas to recommend?  What about this Deng Lun/Sandra Ma romcom?  Lucky you! You don't need to wait for subs. 

On 8/2/2019 at 7:40 PM, mouse007 said:

@USAFarmgirl 2 I've been watching mostly C dramas lately too. I also loved Put Your Head On My Shoulders and Well-Intended Love. I wasn't such a fan of Unrequited Love but I still finished the entire drama. I plan on watching Go Go Squid soon.

Put Your Head on My Shoulders was fun to watch. In that final episode -- that scene with the German girl -- do you remember when the German girl looked down at Si TuMo's feet right?  STM wasn't wearing shoes and she didn't have pedicure, if I remember correctly. That glance was meant to be insulting and condescending. 

You see, we don't walk barefoot in the house; we wear shoes. And having well-pedicured toes and manicured nails is just the civilized thing to do. So when STM walked downstairs to break up that tete-a-tete between the German girl and Gu WeiYi, the German girl looked at her feet to show disdain for STM. She was thinking, "Who are YOU?  Are you really Gu WeiYi's girlfriend from China? Why, you're just a country bumpkin! He can do sooooo much better than you." 

:)

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

@USAFarmgirl 2 ~ let me know if you need a link for the turkish drama siyah beyaz ask and will PM you. by the way, did you ever get the eng sub links I sent you for bepannah? it was a little before you cancelled the account and I wasn't sure....

@Sarang21 ~ am totally hooked! hahahha... so you had told me that there was a change in writers? so I was expecting it to really go downhill. am on ep 18 and so maybe, it will later LOL. hahahhaa... but at this point, am still loving it. even if sometimes it is going in circles, I love that every argument results in more relationship development.

even the noble idiocy trope is used so well here and it makes sense. how can a man who hates himself and despises what he is fall in love? at one point, she recognizes that it is not that he does not like her, but rather that he does not like himself. it was absolutely deep writing where she says that it was unfair that he got thrust into path of darkness but now he just enjoys being in the darkness and pushing everyone who loves him from his life because that is more comfortable for him. --- waaaah, that is actually quite deep for a random drama! :love:

and when he thanks her for giving him her shoulder, she responds why he won't walk with her. his response that he has always walked alone and doesn't know how to match her steps. her quiet response, well you will in time ---- waaah, such beautiful relationship dance conversations!!!! ... and what I love is that it isn't just about a romance but also his very complex relationship with his siblings which all have even more dramatic notes in them. the drama in a sense about how her entry in his life disturbs the status quo and changes in all the relationships around him. am loving that at his heart, it is about relationships and all of the notes are so on point. sometimes, the characters annoy me but the plot makes sense in that world. so am not eye rolling or tempted to drop the drama.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

when selling your ideals, dignity and righteousness hurts but the safety of your kid is more important but still you cry at what you lose -- waaah! what a fantastic scene between yigit and ferhat that was @Sarang21 ... love it that the men is this drama really cry and as brothers they hug it out.... these are men, not boys, and yes, they do cry. love that the drama shows that it is not like they are less of a man because they cry or feel emotion or need a shoulder or someone to tell them that it will be fine....

aside: a part of me really hates it when people call such scenes bromance.   it feels like such a stupid word invented to make the relationship between siblings seem small. :triumph::rage:   isn't the relationship between sibling (whether they are related or not) precious enough as it is?

• Like 4

+2

@sushiliciousHe teaches german? Was there just one scene where he talked german or does it occur more often? 

I really don't want to watch a drama with a bunch of school teenagers. 

6 hours ago, triplem said:

@Dhakra come watch Justice .. very good & Nana is doing a great job . Much better than Kill it. Not much romance. 

Nana? Oh, interesting, I read the plot beforehand. I think I give it a shot. "Not much romance" means there still is some romance?

@sushilicious @triplemOh, important question:  I read about missing actresses, it nothing about sexual crimes or abusing them sexual right? I can't deal with that again.

@Sejabin ~ you know what has been happening to me lately? I want to order out but nothing looks appetizing. sigh. then just order randomly. wish I knew what exactly I am craving for. maybe french fries? something fried? something crunchy?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Lmangla said:

@USAFarmgirl 2 ~ let me know if you need a link for the turkish drama siyah beyaz ask and will PM you. by the way, did you ever get the eng sub links I sent you for bepannah? it was a little before you cancelled the account and I wasn't sure....

@Sarang21 ~ am totally hooked! hahahha... so you had told me that there was a change in writers? so I was expecting it to really go downhill. am on ep 18 and so maybe, it will later LOL. hahahhaa... but at this point, am still loving it. even if sometimes it is going in circles, I love that every argument results in more relationship development.

even the noble idiocy trope is used so well here and it makes sense. how can a man who hates himself and despises what he is fall in love? at one point, she recognizes that it is not that he does not like her, but rather that he does not like himself. it was absolutely deep writing where she says that it was unfair that he got thrust into path of darkness but now he just enjoys being in the darkness and pushing everyone who loves him from his life because that is more comfortable for him. --- waaaah, that is actually quite deep for a random drama! :love:

and when he thanks her for giving him her shoulder, she responds why he won't walk with her. his response that he has always walked alone and doesn't know how to match her steps. her quiet response, well you will in time ---- waaah, such beautiful relationship dance conversations!!!! ... and what I love is that it isn't just about a romance but also his very complex relationship with his siblings which all have even more dramatic notes in them. the drama in a sense about how her entry in his life disturbs the status quo and changes in all the relationships around him. am loving that at his heart, it is about relationships and all of the notes are so on point. sometimes, the characters annoy me but the plot makes sense in that world. so am not eye rolling or tempted to drop the drama.

I´m glad that you are still enjoying it :). The downhill part was more towards the end...when this new character got introduced...some things that I would have liked for them to adressed weren´t. Also the going in circle thing got annoying for me after a while :joy:.  

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

when selling your ideals, dignity and righteousness hurts but the safety of your kid is more important but still you cry at what you lose -- waaah! what a fantastic scene between yigit and ferhat that was @Sarang21 ... love it that the men is this drama really cry and as brothers they hug it out.... these are men, not boys, and yes, they do cry. love that the drama shows that it is not like they are less of a man because they cry or feel emotion or need a shoulder or someone to tell them that it will be fine....

aside: a part of me really hates it when people call such scenes bromance.   it feels like such a stupid word invented to make the relationship between siblings seem small. :triumph::rage:   isn't the relationship between sibling (whether they are related or not) precious enough as it is?

Ferhat and Yigit relationship was a very interesting one that I enjoyed watching how it developed. At first I didn´t like Yigit very much but he had a great character development. 

That´s one of the things I like about türkish dizi...the men are not afraid to show raw emotions. Since you love crying men then again I can only recommend you Hercai. :mrgreen:

I use bromance more for frienships betweens Men that are not siblings. :joy:

+2

• Like 1
  • Love 3

On 8/3/2019 at 10:32 AM, sushilicious said:

Hi all, so I’m doing this month’s birthday post and the theme is Kdrama Plushie Toys, you know how certain kdramas characters receives a plushie and thus it becomes a iconic plush in that kdrama? If you have any, please do share with us;

1) The name of the drama

2) The cute plushie selfie :w00t:

Tagging: @Lmangla @Lawyerh @Ameera Ali @ktcjdrama @mouse007 @cenching @refuse2sink @USAFarmgirl 2 @bairama @angelangie @triplem @kokodus @Dhakra @nateko @lynne22 @staygold

hehehe the selfie is on my dp. Fav plushie as far I'm into kdramas:heart:

Hi everyone nice to be able see you all again here

subtract 2

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Sarang21 said:

Ferhat and Yigit relationship was a very interesting one that I enjoyed watching how it developed. At first I didn´t like Yigit very much but he had a great character development. 

That´s one of the things I like about türkish dizi...the men are not afraid to show raw emotions. Since you love crying men then again I can only recommend you Hercai. :mrgreen:

I use bromance more for frienships betweens Men that are not siblings. :joy:

yea I am really enjoying the trajectory of the brothers because it has so much of depth and rage. actually liked yigit from the beginning as I found it interesting that he was someone so in love with justice and righteousness that his family being in crime offended him so much. it is not a conflict that we often see in dramas. was really interesting to watch for me.

actually, am confused by why even friendship is sometimes called bromance. in my culture, close friends can be referred to as brother -- it is a sign of respect and honour and not something told lightly. so it really raises my hackles to see friendship trivialized as bromance. it feels offensive on some level -- like one is taking something good and making it silly and bad. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, sushilicious said:

Huh? What happened?

He just pretty much said a line of german and that's it. Hahaha I am watching it because i want to see how he fight with those kids. It's interesting.

wait a sec -- so this isn't a real german/law prof from your uni that you are crushing over? this is from a drama? bwahahaha... :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, Sejabin said:

@Lmangla :blush:

I already ordered chocolate waffle with ice cream and wrapped roll banana with hazelnut and nutella and almond and for dinner white rice and chicken xuxuxuxu and Indonesian menu kangkung cha and sambal :kiss_wink: OMG I eat a very lot

btw my favorite always something sweet and cold xixixixi :wub:

my favourite - salty, crispy, fried food!... my sweet tooth is pretty simple. just vanilla ice cream or fresh fruits is good enough. too much sugar, I don't enjoy.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Sarang21 said:

I´m glad that you are still enjoying it :). The downhill part was more towards the end...when this new character got introduced...some things that I would have liked for them to adressed weren´t. Also the going in circle thing got annoying for me after a while :joy:.  

when I watch it in a go, the circle thing can get tiring which is why it is good we can fast forward! hahahahha... when I watch just a little each day, then it doesn't matter so much.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

8 minutes ago, sushilicious said:

I love how @Lmanglathought that my law teacher is real. :joy::lol: I’m not even in Uni yet :joy: but to be frank, if I have a tall teacher like that I wouldn’t mind. Plus I love his voice. :joy: He can teach me law Everyday, I don’t mind.

then you would actually be studying instead of hanging out here? :P

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

@Lmangla  No I didn't get them.  I am sorry to say but thanks for taking the time to send them :wub:and I followed your lead and went to youtube and watched some of Siyah Beyaz they really look good together.  My first Turkish Drama... Their acting as an OTP is unique in the way in which they feed so well off each other. There is that feeling of reality in him knowing what she is thinking seeming to be mad.  Yet hidden inside being pleasantly surprised at her strengths in pushing him to his limit.  Her not allowing his words to overshadow what she sees and knows is beneath all that wall he has built around himself and his heart that he keeps covered up...  It's different...  The push and pull isn't normal and I love fluff much more than revenge or that gangster feel.  Yet there is something to be said for a love story such as this.  Your not sure why:blink: but you keep watching.... Episode after episode:w00t:  Send me any Romantic tips you have, always have room for one more LOL:heart:

large.png

Great to see @TRaNz & @bairama hope all is well with you all and your families too!!!

3116548.png  -2

• Like 4
  • Love 2