• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kokodus

• Sleepy Owl

• partyon

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hai everyone.. the night was approaching..  to a team add @Lmangla @Ameera Ali @corey   @MayanEcho  @partyon   @iksunijini@sadthe1st @Min2206 @Thong Thin   @pompyavi @mirmz @larus @joccu  @M

hai everyone.. night in the sockets rounds.   to a team add @Sleepy Owl @Ameera Ali    @iksunijini @corey @cenching    @Nodame   @pompyavi @larus @Jillia   @MayanEcho  @partyon @Lm

hai everyone.. the real night sky.  to a team add @Ernie @Min2206  @4evrkdrama @Catleya    @sadthe1st @cenching   @MayanEcho @Thong Thin @Sleepy Owl  @joccu @pompyavi @Nodame    @J

Posted Images

2 hours ago, nrllee said:

Yeah. Spoken like a true Tolkien fan.  There was just too much in the books to squash into the 3 movies. I didn’t like the addition of elves at Helms Deep... :huh: but I guess he wanted to add it for dramatic effect...poor Haldir :tears:

kekeke.. will be honest in that I found the books a tough read because there was too much going on. like I have to absorb all the different factions and remember what they are up to. it is why I find saeguks also difficult ot watch. :sweatingbullets: hahahah... so yea, I am not a fan where I remember all those kind of details and what was cut or changed in the movie but I felt like the movies did a good job in painting a grand picture and staying true to the books .

36 minutes ago, triplem said:

They do actually have a lot of problems . I think @lynne22 @kokoduscan attest to that . From the very few I have seen the rule is - have no rules & do whatever you want . Plus they drag the dramas so Long , that viewers like me end up not caring & just wait to see the last 10 episodes :P

ah I see; another point besides universe building is the question of theme. at least from a glance of recaps, I can't tell what exactly was the theme of the angel drama (besides having a winning OTP). what was the grand conflict they were exploring?

fantasty/sci-fi works when there is a theme that anyone can relate to. with the lord of the rings, the grand theme is really the dark side of greed. it was fascinating that the real evil was actually this ring and how people reacted to it. even if they believed they were good, they were still tempted by the power, ambition and greed that the ring can give. honestly, found that ring super creepy and I remember watching and thinking "it is just a ring and yet it is more scary than alien monster." :sweatingbullets:  so it is a very pertinent kind of theme and universal -- every human can be tempted by that kind of dark side. so yea, in order for fantasy to work, that grand theme is also key.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

@Lmangla My PRECIOUS  :naughty:  Gollum was actually my favourite.  I couldn’t hate him, I pitied him.  :cry:

No idea with the angel drama.  Love conquers all?  Where one is willing to die so that the other might live?  Don’t know.  

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
11 minutes ago, nrllee said:

No idea with the angel drama.  Love conquers all?  Where one is willing to die so that the other might live?  Don’t know.  

hehehehhe... that just sounds funny. one of the best bits about fantasy is that there is usually no love conquers all. instead, there is a realistic vibe that people die due to war, disease.....  thats life. so it feels like a slap to the genre in some sense. maybe thats why people are kind of scratching their heads. if it had been tragic, people would have been cooing and saying "waaaah, thats so beautiful!" :phew:

P.S -- it seems kind of strange to me that we should have to guess at a theme even for disinterested/casual recap readers. shouldn't the theme be obvious? but then again, the general read was that writing all over the place. so guess, we can't expect any coherent theme?

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, triplem said:

I had no idea in spite of being on the thread almost 70% of my Soompi time . I just know that there was a love triangle & dancing :lol:. @Ameera Ali what was the jisc of the story ? 

bawahahahha... best recap ever :lol: -- that was my impression of reading the thread here and there.

• LOL 3
25 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

bawahahahha... best recap ever :lol: -- that was my impression of reading the thread here and there.

@triplem , @Lmangla how dare you , make  fun at one of the greatest drama ever was made :joy: the conflict was so great the human mind can’t understand it , only the chosen ones can:tounge_xd: :ph34r:, the conflict was so simple  how cute can you be ( Dan ) to get what you want ? :mrgreen:

Rib fight between the two guys to add some drama :joy: the dog run with the rib , we didn’t see him from that day . :relieved:

• LOL 3

Because ballet was such a heavy focus of the drama, I anticipated a tragic ending,  A lot of ballets end like that.  And because they kept using Giselle the ballet, I was expecting a tragedy...but no...they went with the Little Mermaid ending.

• LOL 4
14 minutes ago, nrllee said:

they went with the Little Mermaid ending.

but wasn't little mermaid also sad ending? not the disney version but the actual fairytale..

P.S @Lawyerh you and me posted same thing at same time! :D

• LOL 4
23 minutes ago, nrllee said:

Because ballet was such a heavy focus of the drama, I anticipated a tragic ending,  A lot of ballets end like that.  And because they kept using Giselle the ballet, I was expecting a tragedy...but no...they went with the Little Mermaid ending.

5d29970115e61257283644.gif?download

the writer put all his favourite movies all together we end with Angel last mission: smoothie :joy:

1- The little mermaid 

2- the sleeping beauty 

3- Cinderella

4- Ghost 

5d2998f77ddff341360903.gif?download

5d299927ea51b946995107.gif?download

• LOL 4
12 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

Disney Little Mermaid yes..

Original Little Mermaid become soap bubble... :lol:

Point taken.:lol:.  I was referencing Disney version...which is getting a remake I see :o

Little-Mermaid-Remake-Jodi-Benson-Defend

• LOL 3

13 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

@Ameera Ali ya will u watch raw? ill watch tom w/ sub. Ah i love Sunday... 

I will check it today with raw  :joy: ,maybe I will drop it if not good , my main drama will be the devil  , watcher , the president, husband bird :joy::yum:

• LOL 2
9 minutes ago, triplem said:

what hotel drama? De Luna

Yeah I think it premieres tonight?  I am in 2 minds whether to start it or not.  Fantasy. Hong sisters.  But I like Yeo JinGoo.  :huh:.  Then there’s Doctor John starting soon too.  I don’t think I can watch so many.  There’s also SiWan’s one Strangers from Hell which looks creepy and I quite like it.

• Like 2
  • partyon changed the title to Add and Subtract Game
  • Guest pinned this topic