Add and Subtract Game

Admin

9 minutes ago, sushilicious said:

Wait. It’s a drama? Not the flying carpet Aladdin?

vaguely remember seeing black and white versions of it. maybe it was sindbad? anyway, what I found strange is that in all these movies/dramas, they all had this uniform costume but I couldn't figure out where exactly it was from. especially jasmine's outfit -- somehow that seems so wrong? would a princess actually wear a belly dancer type outfit? (in the cartoon)

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

waving hello to @mouse007

@Ameera Ali ~ you know what has always bothered me about aladdin? the costumes? why do every aladdin drama, they dress like this but is that how they really dressed?

is a Arabic story so dressing for the woman is completely wrong in my mind  , is more Bollywood to me in this movie , International movies always mixed culture in away I find . 

@cenching these 50 shade of lion collection is so long & hot  :joy: & Today Friday the day after yesterday scene :tounge_xd: 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

@Lmangla

I think Princess Jasmine is wearing what they called harem pant, inspired by salvar Turkish origin. If I am not mistaken Alladin is from Middle East??? 1001 Nights??? Also some depicted Alladin in a turban, I am not so sure if Middle eastern wears turban....I thought it's Indian??

+2

• Like 2
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

I know , is a Arabic original story so dressing for the woman is completely wrong in my mind  , is more Bollywood to me in this movie , International movies always mixed culture in away I find . 

even for bollywood, it seems so wrong!!! hahahaha.... so I saw pics of the updated outfits from the movie and it all seems... so plain!!!! ... hahahha... in this article, the designer said it had south asian influence and I am thinking "seriously???? have they even seen what mughal dressing was like?" where is the intricate embroidery? the delicate colour combos? the flairs and moves of the fabric? nothing. it is just hollywood imagination but even wedding costume in bollywood is far more intricate.

• LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

3 minutes ago, sushilicious said:

Ever wonder if Aladdin ever felt cold? Just wearing this pretty much coverless vest while flying in the air haha 

Masuk angin.....:joy: Alladin might needs a Ventosa....:joy:

+2

• LOL 3

kekek... @sushilicious ~ in the movie, apparently, they felt aladdin showing off chest would be too distracting. hahahah... but I always found the costume in the cartoon very silly. only an idiot would go around exposing their skin hot desert -- you get sun burn! thats why you need a light material like cotton or linen and full sleeves.

@Ameera Ali ~ but yea, my pet peeve -- here's one of jasmine's new outfit from movie:

Spoiler

disney-aladdin-princess-jasmine-1166999-

that sort of embroidery is what school children dramas/dances are made of! :sweatingbullets: (basically you get a roll like ribbon of this and it is stitched. this is more like a back up dancer outfit...

here's what a bollywood drama outfit looks like... (the actress wore this while promoting one of her movies) see the embroidery, detail and flair of fabric... -- it is a from a well known designer who takes inspiration from history..

Spoiler

Deepika-Padukone-Launches-Deewani-Mastan

deepika_padukone_in_tarun_tahiliani_for_

isn't jasmine's outfit so PLAIN in comparison? :sweatingbullets: maybe her kingdom is broke.

• LOL 4

55 minutes ago, cenching said:

@Lmangla

I think Princess Jasmine is wearing what they called harem pant, inspired by salvar Turkish origin. If I am not mistaken Alladin is from Middle East??? 1001 Nights??? Also some depicted Alladin in a turban, I am not so sure if Middle eastern wears turban....I thought it's Indian??

+2

basically it was some mismash... but I always found it very distracting and so I was more annoyed as a child and didn't really enjoy the cartoon. :sweatingbullets: ... the harem pants are okay but basically,  there are versions of it all the way from turkey to south asia. same with turbans. basically turbans served a practical purpose -- to protect head from sun. but over time, there was a few politics and other traditions involved in it.. so yea, the father seemed to be indian-ish type turban... my confusion was more over her off-shoulder, navel showing top which seemed all sorts of strange and very impractical for a desert region. :sweatingbullets:..

yes, childish me thought the cartoon was very dumb. ^_^

• LOL 2