Add and Subtract Game

Admin

So there is this drama called "The Light in your eyes" which I started just for superficial shallow reasons, but I'm a mess now. I mostly watch kdramas for fun, oppas, kisses and abs, but once in a while they produce gems like this, they will go under my radar usually, fortunately or unfortunately, idk sometimes I end up watching them and goes into deep thoughts about life and mankind. LOL. 

So this one is about old people. Aging. Grannies and Grandpas. One worst fear I always have is how I'd lose all my teeth when I get old and have difficulties eating. Of course that's not the only side effect of getting old. Sighh. My knees will become week, my memory will become  hazy, i'd have to take more meds than food, I'd constantly have to depend on someone else to take care of me, etc etc. And what if my husband dies before me?? And my children are those jerks who doesn't want to take care me in my old years? Or what if I don't get married at all, so I don't have anyone else to depend on when I get old?? Well of course, there are nursing homes everywhere, I guess I can go there. This reminds me of a scene in Meteor Garden, Ximen says that Ah si wouldn't have anyone to push his wheel chair in his last years if he keeps fighting with Shan Cai. At that time it was funny, but now I actually understand the full seriousness of this situation. Sighhh. 

But this show is not about the difficulties of living your life in your old age. It's rather about living your life to the fullest, come rain or sunshine, so that you don't regret it when you are old. We have one life, and time doesn't sit still, it keeps ticking, every moment you spend thinking and wallowing about your past, you just remember that you are not getting that time back. You are rather wasting it by not creating good memories that you can hold onto when you get old.

I don't know why this drama is not popular, it literally has the most shocking plot twist ever in the history of dramaland. Yet the soompi thread for this show only has 20 pages. Sigh. Anyways I hope NJH does dramas like this often. I loved him in WFKBJ, but I respect him with whole of my heart after watching this show. He shined like the most brightest star ever. The granny who played Kim Hye Ja also has my real respect. She is the true star of this show. I wish I grew up with grandparents like this. Sigh. My mom always says how much we are missing out by not having them by our side. Anyhow I'm really glad that I watched this drama. I think I have a head ache from crying too much and my eyes are soooo swollen... 

• Love 4

@kokodus hugs for you... The Light in Your Eyes is a great drama. It's true that it's not everyone's cup of tea, maybe only here in soompi though, which represents only a part of drama watching community... Don't be discouraged because of the low page number ;)  It is very well loved in Korea from the reviews. 

Btw, have you watched Just Between Lovers? It is a great drama as well, about healing. 

@Lawyerh I want to watch NGM so much... but not in the mood for medical drama now... :( and not enough time too

• Like 2
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

give you visual on doc eye candy and to practice your Malay :rolleyes:.

I think i need diary to keep track record of my eye candy! So many.. im lost...

Ohh NGM is eye candy alright...but I have such limited time to watch  especially if I also want to participate here on Soompi

Right now I have:

1. The Fiery Priest

2. Waikiki 2

3. Kill It  ( I will give it 4 eps before I decide to drop it)

4. My Fellow Citiizens ( starts Apr 1)

5. Private Life -  I am concern about the story and PMY is a hit and miss for me, but think I wanna check it out for KJW. ( Apr 10)

Not to mention I am actually keen to check out COALG - I have seen some cuts and I particularly like Shim Hee Seop whom I have had a crush on since Temperature of Love and Rebel Thief where he played supporting roles. He isn't classic handsome but there's this earnestness that comes through in his characters - some sort of charisma I suppose that I find very attractive :D

@sushilicious Thanks dear..I will check these movie recommendations. Sometimes it's hard to find english subs and have to wait for Viu or Netflix to put it up. I also tend to watch a lot of k movies on flights. I recently watched Burning  with Yoo Ah In . Not bad.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, ktcjdrama said:

Quick someone do the honor for 1000!

Yours is 1000

a dance for team add win :D

tenor.gif?itemid=5064834

no numbers

Edited by Guest

9 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

:lol: we posted about the same time....

So how to reset?

We start from 500

6 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

500? 

Quick q at expert @sushilicious. This FP got possible loveline? Priest & prosecutor? 

@triplem i know PMY is hit & miss right. Forgive me her fans, but sometimes she dont have much expression. Healer & Sungkyunkwan is pretty good, the rest meh. But seems her private life looks exciting. 

FP romance would not be right as Father Kim is really a priest and not undercover although I love his pairing with Lee Honey. They match well and SBS keeps giving these romance tropes to tease us. 

Yes PMY ...fans don't open...

Spoiler

is a one expression girl , at least where I am concern . A very pretty girl but I really only liked her in Healer. I also thought she was good in 7 Day Queen- i watched some cuts and felt moved by her role. WWWSK was her trying too hard . Nevertheless she is not on my banned list of actresses. I can still watch her if the story and oppa is good :D 

+2

Edited by Guest

@ktcjdrama I'm glad to hear that it did well in Korea. I agree that it's not everyone's cup of tea. Even I wouldn't have watched it if not for NJH, and I'm sure I'd have dropped it within 4 or 5 eps if I had been watching it while it was airing. It did get very sad and depressing at times. I continued to watch only because I knew that there was a twist in the end and I wanted to know what it was. Haha. I'm glad I did. I need to Pat myself back for having the patience for it. Because I'm the kind who drops dramas very easily. Having NJH as the lead did help. Hahaha. Boy, was he not tall?? I kept getting distracted because of his enormously tall physique. Like what on Earth did he eat to become like that??? He seemed like a giant beside tiny Hye ja granny. Lol. 

@Lmangla hahaha, not watching any c dramas at the moment. This drama made me realize why I started falling for k dramas. They have this extraordinary ability to touch my heart and speak directly to my soul. 

What Hallmark movies have you been watching??? 

• Like 4

Does anyone know what is going to be shown in tVN next week's slot? TYH is finished but the next drama Her Private Life is only premiering on April 10th?

46 minutes ago, triplem said:

I also tend to watch a lot of k movies on flights.

Me too... I think most of my kmovies were watched on flights. It is more difficult to find good streaming of kmovies without all those nasty ads.

+2

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, sushilicious said:

@Lawyerh what teacher @triplem said. But to me, I don’t mind sideline romances (crushes) but definitely not Hae Mi. No no no no no. Never! Never! 

Anyways.. @triplem have you seen the episode? Hae Mi is not fighting anymore..you only see like oh he did some action then it cuts to after the situation or they invite choco in to fight while he watch...I’m afraid that he won’t get into the fight scenes anymore :frown:

*cries* hope he recovers but gahhh...would like to see him do those flying kicks again.

+2

Yes in fact I just completed eps ...my favourite to date...had that real feel good factor. As much as I like KNG in fight scenes, I prefer him not to for now. He really needs to rest that rib of his. 

21 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Does anyone know what is going to be shown in tVN next week's slot? TYH is finished but the next drama Her Private Life is only premiering on April 10th?

They tend to do this have a break in between the dramas - sometimes they would have a made for TVN movie - Drama Stage specials. Not sure what is on next week though. 

@kokodus ~ .. so I watched one with dogs and pet owners called "hometown hero". it was actually very sweet even though the romance was super low key. also watched an older movie called "cinderella pact" which was based on a novel. again, romance wasn't that well developed but more focus on friends who lose weight together and find confidence again...

anyway, (fingers crossed) but maybe found a kdrama to break my drama slump. called the banker and has the appa from city hunter. he was so stern and overdramatic in city hunter but here, he is all so smiley and a real nice bloke with integrity.

it looks like a kind of drama I would enjoy and I find typical at MBC -- a drama that showcases an industry and issues but with a human touch that isn't boring and super preachy.. lets see! given the industry, I was expecting to be bored but at least the first two episodes are well-written and have a nice laid back quality to it... @triplem ~ think you might enjoy it; am finding this drama interesting in the way it showcases economic issues as related to banking especially in semi-rural areas....

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, sushilicious said:

@triplem can I just say. It’s lovely how they call choco...choco..like granted by the size it’s really cute to call him choco hahaha.

+2

I like this scene ..keuttttt

ahhhh @Lmangla ...the Banker. It’s the Appa from Rebel, I hv been checking out the thread . He’s a very good actor . Not enough time right now . But will take note