Quantcast
RayAmbler7

Add and Subtract Game

@LSGLMH_88

Spoiler

Your words hit me close to home since I lost my father in the beginning of last year. He was diagnosed with lung cancer (smoking...) back in 2012 and he was already in an advanced stage. He was only given 6 months but he surpassed it by far. Sadly, when he was diagnosed, the cancer cells were already spreading. He did his best and was able to live almost normally outside of his treatment periods.

I think the best times were when all of us as a family spent time happy together without the need of letting cancer redefine our relationships or our father. We would go on nice trips and also enjoy outings to eat out or watch movies.

I honestly never cried in front of him because of his illness.

The thing that annoyed me the most was when people used to act as if they knew some miracle medication to cure him or compared someone's experience with cancer with his. Even the same type of cancer won't have the same outcome with different people.

Luckily there were people recommending good oncologists and giving us direct contact information while being respectful and tactful and also those who knew how to give us good moral support.

I hope you have this kind of people around you and will be able to face this together. My friend's father also had lung cancer but he could get rid of it and I am really happy for them.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

@daloula

Spoiler

you don’t know what your words are doing to me... Thank you for all the encouragements...I pray to God that my father will not allow cancer to define our lives... I also have a lot of people around me thankfully... they are nothing but a boon to our family... we are ready to accept any challenge which is coming.... i know every person is different and reacts to the disease differently... So I am hoping for the best and hoping that he will be able to take it further for next 5-6 years easily..!!

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

@LSGLMH_88  I cannot better what words have already been given you.  All I can do is say that I will be praying for you, your family and most of all your father.  Because of my own fathers battle with Cancer I understand where you are.  The waiting is horrible and even hearing the word Cancer does something to you inside.  It's understandable to be afraid but take courage too so that he can see the hope in you... 

What you shared with us here and the heartfelt replies that you were and continue to be given is the very reason I love this thread.  It inspires our hearts and gives us the feeling that we are not alone... Because we're not!  That words and prayers can come together and lift you up and give you strength. 

In my faith I believe no matter where or what I have to face my God is already there waiting for me.  His love and His arms are open wide willing to comfort me.  I pray that we too can give you comfort and strength in the days that lie ahead.  Remembering and trusting  that you're not alone...:wub:

@LSGLMH_88 My thoughts and prayers with you and your family. Remember to look after yourself as well. Hugs.

Sending hugs as well to @Lmangla and @daloula.

This is the reason why this is my home thread. Know that you can always share your happiness and burdens here. 

Sending :heart: to all.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

@USAFarmgirl thank you for your words... it means a lot to me.... waiting takes a lot of strength... I just want to see the report...

@triplem thanks for your kind words... really..I am feeling a lot more easier after sharing it with you all... !

Will keep all of you posted...

• Like 6

Four out of 5 people's family members have cancer in this thread alone. I don't even want to look at the large picture. Where have we gone wrong really?? It is said that we have turned a new leaf in medical and health services in this millenium, but how true is that....it's only getting worse and it seems like we are going backwards. Medical services are not to be blamed actually, after all there are more cancer survivors these days than say a few years back. It's our own lifestyles and how we decided to live that is bringing all this richard simmons. Even if a person is living his life healthily and carefully, he might just get a cancer because of a mutation in a single Gene for which he is no where near responsible. The whole system is damaged and we all are being poisoned without even knowing. Sigh. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

624 :star:

last year my doctor said that something inside me can leads to cancer. it was or is (I don't know and I just don't want to know now lols) have a high risk to be a cancer.. yes at first I was very down then I become a bit crazy ( and basically actually I am crazy already) and come in here. I just didn't  care with real again or I was might be ran from reality but after months I see things seems becomes better and I just accept that no matter how at the end nothing last forever. used to be I pray to be healed. but I change my way in praying. I pray that God will always keep my hands on my journey in this world until I come to  Him. just that. and my doctor said too that we will try all things that we can try and take preventive action so it won't be a cancer and we can always have hope. yeah.. I just hope if I must to die if I can choose, I choose it to be easy. like I just sit and suddenly.. the end.. wkwkwk... what a selfish me lols.. I was cry almost every night even when I was laugh like crazy in soompi but now I am not.. :blush: 

• Like 6