• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jillia

• kokodus

• Lmangla

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re-watch party: Season 1 (sageuks)   All our chingus, come and join us for a special sageuk re-watch party event!   We have chosen three sageuks: 1) Faith (with Lee Min Ho)

This is a rare event, but we put up a k-pop poll (tagging @Lmangla). BTS released their first English language song ever yesterday. Check out the video! The song is pretty catchy!  

@partyon I generally am not that much attracted to sageuks. Faith was my first costume drama, I remember being very confused on what was going on in that drama and I actually dropped it initially, the

Posted Images

@triplemFirst things first, Ya @USAFarmgirl,Look away for a few seconds.

My plans for christmas/years ends are to avoid them as much as possible and get over it quickly. Unfortunately neither NFL Football nor the english Premier League will play on christmas eve or the following two holidays, so I have to look for another way to kill time. 

I will spent quite some time at the gym, but unfortunately aswell, they close rather early. I knew I should have chosen a gym that is open 24/7. 

I made sure that my mom won't bother me with christmas and will just treat it as regular days.  

@triplem I don't have plan for Christmas... every year I mostly spends it at home watching Christmas movies. :lol: And maybe get myself a strawberry cake :D 

@mouse007 ahhh I saw it too. the twitter-sphere went wild after Jason Mamoa did it LOL... and his wife's face was like.. "are you really doing this?" haha... 

Anyway.... yesterday I did ended up re-watching aquaman again.. :P and the verdict is.. its really fun and good, eventho there are some cliche and stiff part but overall.. it's good. I enjoyed this a whole lot better than wonder woman....:ph34r: 

Spoiler

Heheehehe I hope I won't get roasted here..  Its just that I don't think wonder woman's movie aged really well.. few months ago I've rewatch it and the part where I don't care... I care less.. but still, No Mans Land scene is one of THE BEST SCENE IN ALL DC Movie ever made. So for that alone, I can still say WW is good. I like her character.. but idk.. the movie just bores me....idk why... 

And nope before everyone ask.. I don't watch nor care for MOS, BVS nor JL.. :sweatingbullets:

In aquaman,,, the main lead, Arthur feels grounded despite the grand theme going on in the story... he's sarcastic and a little bit shameless hehe.. but very realistic on what he can do and what he can't.....

The movie even made me care for the vilain... I'm not sure why.. I just don't see them as evil.. Everyone is just different people with different agenda.. 

Praised aside... because I like it... I also think it is unfortunate that the movie seems to be afraid to show deeper emotion. It just feel like there are certain scenes that I need moreee.. more emotion... I cant pinpoint which scene it is.. but yeah... I just think with deeper emotion it could have been better.

This movie established that Arthur did not hate his brother... and IDK somewhat curious of him.. but his brother is different.. so IDK... I just want moreeeeeee juice on this part I guess haha...

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

@phikyl @kokodus 

Guysssssssssss you have got to watch Spiderman into the spider-verse... This is one of the best spiderman movie I've ever watch! Not joking at all. :lol:

Spoiler

Storywise... this movie have a very very good storytelling and the uses of animation with that extra touch of comic book feel, makes the movie interesting visually. The story is a Miles Morales journey... but it is also more than just that... its a story about trust, acceptance and growth...

Despite being fun, and funny, the movie actually have some dark moment if I'm being honest.... and sad too. The plot twist here is unexpected [ remember the vulture plot twist in Homecoming? This one is on par with that ]. I think I teared up a few times while watching this. Its has a very grounded theme that everyone can be a hero too... You just have to believe in yourself... 

This is one of my fav scene from the trailer.. but watching it with context gave me a deeper meaning. This is a powerful moment for Miles because he has come a long way to get there... 

giphy.gif

The strained relationship between Miles and his father, and his closeness to his uncle is also something interesting. 

giphy.gif

I'm not going to say what the twist is because that will ruin it for you guys.. but OMG! its good! 

Bonus: a cool edited animation from the trailer... I like the shot of the train passing through.. and then the visuals of him flying against the sky high building 

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • partyon changed the title to Add and Subtract Game
  • Guest pinned this topic