Add and Subtract Game

Admin

my father-in-law wants to buy a smartphone (he’s still using a flip phone) but he can’t even figure out how to text. Lol

so husband and I are worried it will be a waste of money to buy a smartphone. And more importantly, how we are going to ensure he doesn’t go over his allotted data. 

2 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

my father-in-law wants to buy a smartphone (he’s still using a flip phone) but he can’t even figure out how to text. Lol

Both of my parents are using a smartphone and they never like to text people. Calls only...

+2

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

@cenching my father-in-law doesn’t text because he doesn’t know how. Even when we teach him, he doesn’t understand. He also does not understand the concept of wifi. He knows about the internet but he doesn’t know how to use it. 

@sushilicious I would have to see if there are plans here that offer the cut off when you reach a certain limit. 

• LOL 1

@mouse007

How old is your father in law? My parents use internet a lot, browsing YouTube and look at news etc and especially to communicate with their children who scattered everywhere. Cheaper to use WA than actual calls and texts... I am sure all telecom providers have the service to cut off after the limit reached... My provider do...

+2

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cenching said:

@mouse007

How old is your father in law? My parents use internet a lot, browsing YouTube and look at news etc and especially to communicate with their children who scattered everywhere. Cheaper to use WA than actual calls and texts... I am sure all telecom providers have the service to cut off after the limit reached... My provider do...

@cenching he is 70 yrs old. He doesn’t learn well. By that I mean it’s very hard to teach him things. My husband actually manages everything for him - paying his bills, managing his finances, etc. because he can never figure out how to do it himself. I actually don’t know he survived all those years when my husband was still a child. 

I will check if the providers here allow for cut offs. I don’t see the option on my phone (I have an iPhone). @sushilicious

• Like 1

@mouse007

When a person is old, it’s very hard to teach them new things plus they tend to forget the old things that they usually do their whole life....

Cellphones don’t have a feature to cut off the service only providers. I am using that feature by informing my provider because even though my quota is 11 gig but sometimes my children might connect to me if we are traveling and that can go over limit...I am using iPhone as well 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, sushilicious said:

Android has it though :ph34r:

+2

From what I understand there is an app or feature in iPhone and Android that will tell your mobile data usage or function like an alarm when you reach your quota but I have no idea if it will cut off  the service (in Android).... I am no expert in Android since I have never use one, so maybe you can Google it @mouse007

+2

• Like 1