Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RayAmbler7

Add and Subtract Game

33 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

looks like the why secretary kim gossip is on overdrive. did you guys read that apparently news program are reporting that not only were the two dating for 3 years but they were also planning to get married? so how was the chemistry in the drama? believable? are you surprised by the news?

It was denied over & over :D . They had good chemistry from what I saw but I don’t think you can tell if they are dating just from it ...

On 8/1/2018 at 10:01 AM, Sejabini said:

590 :no_mouth:

why drama thread always makes me get headache when it becomes too intense :expressionless: it is better in here as long as we type the number wkwkwkwk :mrgreen: well it's the beauty of sharing oppinions and views *rolling eyes

I know which thread ..kkkkkkk... 

hmmm.. debating whether or not I should post this..... @2handsintertwined ~ unless people mention their location, all we see is the display name. and people don't really attach any prejudice because all we have is a display name. humour is actually very difficult to translate across cultures. there is a reason why action movies are the ones that get distributed across the world and they do very well. those movies are easy to understand - there is a bad guy. there is a good guy. there is a fight. good wins. easy to understand even with bad subs! :D hahahahha.....  

but humour shows? for example, seinfield is seen as a really funny show but I was super super super confused when I watched it and didn't get it at all. never watched another episode after that. so yes, people may not get your humour but it does not mean they are rejecting you or anything like that. you have to take a step back and not see it as personal.

as an international online forum, the challenge is to listen to each other. sometimes it can be difficult because we aren't sure why someone is getting upset or what is bothering them. there is the challenge of real life. there is a saying in my language which translates to -- every house has a doorway. it means that the houses and pathway may look different but every family will have their own challenges and troubles. so sometimes we end up bringing some of those troubles unconsciously into the forums but people don't know that they may be stepping on something that is close to your heart. for them, they are just discussing drama but for you, it may be personal for whatever reason. so then conflict happens.

there is also the added challenge of language. lots of times, I am actually directly translating my thoughts from my language into english and I am not even aware that I am doing it. so my posts have a certain style and you can tell that lots of people here are posting like that as well. their thoughts are also influenced by their culture and sometimes it can be tough to understand each other's argumentative and discussion style. what is okay in some cultures may be seen as highly combative and super aggressive in others.

despite all these challenges, there is a lot of kindness and cheerfulness in soompi members for the most part. people are just happy to hang out and share their love for the dramas they watch and spazz over. and there can be friendships formed and we can care about each other even if we don't know each other that well. soompi was my first online community experience and I can honestly say that it has been both lovely as well as educational. have learned so much about people and how different people can interpret the same drama in so many ways. isn't that true of real life as well? was surprised by  the power of a community even if we are just strangers separated by oceans.

so not sure what happened in your soompi experience but take a step back and tell yourself it is okay. in a community, we need to not take things too personal.

as for the blues, during the holy month of lent, people here usually fast or give up some type of food or tv etc. one year, I decided to keep a thankfulness journal and to write down 5 things that I am thankful for. it was a real challenge that month because I am thinking my life sucks and wondering what I have in my life that is any good. but there were lots of things big and small that I was blessed with. and when you start writing them down, you realize that there is a plan and purpose to your life and you are going to be okay. so try it out. so take care of yourself. you are going to be okay.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

+2

@phikylHe is. :D 

@2handsintertwinedYes, Johnny eats a lot these days. I guess it's because it's so hot here. 

I posted a few pics of him, but here you go.

Spoiler

38177020_1046930572141053_26846938838912

Spoiler

txxxdp2p.jpg

I'm white, the whitest dude you can imagine. :D But I didn't feel offended and also didn't think like you said. I didn't put too much thought into it. Everything is fine. But I knew you were black from previous pictures you shared, but that doesn't make any difference. But I would rather not talk about such a topic here.

2 hours ago, Sejabini said:

614 :love:

@triplem :joy: have you watch the drama? it is sweet isn't it? xixixix .. I even tagged and nagging and spoiling @supergal99 to watch the drama and bring laugh there with me.. wkwkwkwkw..

supergal baby I am sorry that I expose your skirt there :love:

I don’t have time . Currently have 3 k dramas & I’m too obsessed with legend of Yun xi :lol:.

tumblr_pbfqodwZww1qkcxtwo2_540.gif

but I did see some cuts on IG , I think it will be a nice coming of age story that sends a message about loving & accepting yourself. Plastic surgery is an interesting topic. I do think it’s timely that k dramas talked about  the issue. 

Edited by Guest

@Sejabini you did good thing nagging her to watch the drama... Lols I was missing her funny posts on the drama thread since SP ( haven't visited since then :lol:) Hope she watches it...:D

• Like 2

@SejabiniI didn't name him, I got him a couple of weeks ago and they told me his name is Johnny. So I sticked with it, better than some names like buttercup or something else. :D 

@triplem I checked that drama. Legend of Yun Xi! 30 eps done!! :w00t: Ask me how! I skip all the scenes except for the otp!!! :P

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Uh oh...OTP is all that matters.

watched lake house with keanu reeves after a long long time. wondered if I would still enjoy it. I still love it. :love: what's one of your favourite romantic movies that you still enjoy?

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

18 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

what's one of your favourite romantic movies that you still enjoy?

Four weddings and a funeral!! 

Spoiler

@dotonly :D They do look so cute!!

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

watched lake house with keanu reeves after a long long time. wondered if I would still enjoy it. I still love it. :love: what's one of your favourite romantic movies that you still enjoy?

So many of them. (Strangely) One that stuck in my mind right now is Constantine. Its not a romantic movie...i just like the (IMO) "almost" OTP there...hehehe...

1 hour ago, staygold said:

@triplem I checked that drama. Legend of Yun Xi! 30 eps done!! :w00t: Ask me how! I skip all the scenes except for the otp!!! :P

I’m skipping here & there as well . :D . I love the OTP. Am up to ep20 . Sorry to all my k dramas for now :lol:

46 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

You know there’s a Korean movie that it was adapted from right ...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Il_Mare

It was my first Korean movie . I love it till now . I cried a river