Add and Subtract Game

Admin

@Lmangla I have read your post 1000000000000 times. I think you made me think too much. I think you made my brain hurt. I don't know how to respond, but I will try.:sweatingbullets::wub: Here we go?

Me looking at @Lmangla:

Image result for porsha gifs

"Ok. @Lmangla I'm ready!" :tears:

On 8/2/2018 at 4:08 AM, Lmangla said:

hmmm.. debating whether or not I should post this..... @2handsintertwined ~ unless people mention their location, all we see is the display name. and people don't really attach any prejudice because all we have is a display name. humour is actually very difficult to translate across cultures. there is a reason why action movies are the ones that get distributed across the world and they do very well. those movies are easy to understand - there is a bad guy. there is a good guy. there is a fight. good wins. easy to understand even with bad subs! :D hahahahha.....  

Wow.

Spoiler

I think you're right. Can I disagree on something? So I don't much about the "prejudice." I'm going to try. So I'm going to try to use you as an example. Lmangla is from Canada. She is Hispanic. Lmangla joins a kdrama forum. She meets a member. His name is kdramalover1234, right? kdrama1234 is from U.S. and he is white. The drama ends. Lmangla says, "I am so angry!" kdramalover1234 doesn't like that. He reports her. A mod comes into the forum. The mod warns Lmangla. The mod says, "Your behavior is disturbing." Lmangla says, "But, what did I do?" The mod doesn't answer. And Lmangla accepts her warning. So kdramalover1234 watches television. He thinks black people are dangerous/angry/poor/ghetto/bitter/mean/scary. This is what he sees on television. I don't think it's his fault. So that's why I disagree. kdramalover1234 attached prejudice to Lmangla. He thinks Lmangla acts like the black. He thinks she's like the blacks on television. I think I said this earlier, Lmangla is Hispanic. So I think you're right. I don't think you can judge someone based on their display name and location. But I think you can judge someone on the way they act. I don't disagree on the humor part. I think humor is difficult to translate across cultures too. I don't disagree with the action movies part. I think they are easy to understand, all over the world, good guy, bad guy...But is the bad guy in the action movie black???? I'm just joking!!! So I tried! I tried! Forgive me! I can't do this! :bawling: Does this make any sense?(I don't think it does :( )

but humour shows? for example, seinfield is seen as a really funny show but I was super super super confused when I watched it and didn't get it at all. never watched another episode after that. so yes, people may not get your humour but it does not mean they are rejecting you or anything like that. you have to take a step back and not see it as personal.

Spoiler

I think this post was hard to read. :tears: It's hard to read because I take everything personal. Why? Sometimes I think I'm alone. Why am I treated this way? Because I'm black? So I got emotional reading this. Why? Because you're right. And I will try to remember what you said. And sometimes I do feel rejected because I think, "I'm the only black person here!" or "No one understands me!" But you said, I should take a step back. I'm going to admit I've never done that. So I'm going to try... It's going to be hard because I don't think changing is easy for a lot of us...i think that's another conversation we should have! :D. So I think I understand what you're saying. And I don't think humor shows for you. So you don't think Seinfield is funny and it was super super super confusing(why did you say super so much?? It wasn't that confusing!!!). But a lot of people think Seinfield is funny! And you're just different. And you're just being you. And your friend Molly(she's not really your friend) thinks it's funny and she's from a different culture. Right? I tried on this one. I think this one was hard. But...Jerry Seinfield is funny! I'm joking. I was trying to make us both laugh. I think this is post is making me emotional because it really describes me. How did I do on that one? Sigh. :( 

as an international online forum, the challenge is to listen to each other. sometimes it can be difficult because we aren't sure why someone is getting upset or what is bothering them. there is the challenge of real life. there is a saying in my language which translates to -- every house has a doorway. it means that the houses and pathway may look different but every family will have their own challenges and troubles. so sometimes we end up bringing some of those troubles unconsciously into the forums but people don't know that they may be stepping on something that is close to your heart. for them, they are just discussing drama but for you, it may be personal for whatever reason. so then conflict happens.

there is also the added challenge of language. lots of times, I am actually directly translating my thoughts from my language into english and I am not even aware that I am doing it. so my posts have a certain style and you can tell that lots of people here are posting like that as well. their thoughts are also influenced by their culture and sometimes it can be tough to understand each other's argumentative and discussion style. what is okay in some cultures may be seen as highly combative and super aggressive in others.

I'm going share my thoughts on both of these posts. Is this getting too long? Will the mods get us?? looks @ mods :ph34r:

despite all these challenges, there is a lot of kindness and cheerfulness in soompi members for the most part. people are just happy to hang out and share their love for the dramas they watch and spazz over. and there can be friendships formed and we can care about each other even if we don't know each other that well. soompi was my first online community experience and I can honestly say that it has been both lovely as well as educational. have learned so much about people and how different people can interpret the same drama in so many ways. isn't that true of real life as well? was surprised by  the power of a community even if we are just strangers separated by oceans.

Thank you for sharing this. I got you. I understand you. So I'm going to share something with you. And you are so sweet! You make me feel like I'm living in a dream! But...:ph34r::tears:(You're sweet).

Spoiler

I wanted to say this first. You're right. I think conflict does happen if people are discussing something close to their hearts. If someone says I like this drama because it reminds me of my childhood. So it's personal to them, right? But the other person says, "I don't like that drama." I think it would cause a conflict like you said. I don't know I could be wrong.

This quote is from your language? "Every house has a doorway. it means that the houses and pathway may look different but every family will have their own challenges and troubles" Thank you for sharing it with me. I wish I could use it in my life. I wish I could understand it. I don't want to waste your time. I agree with other things you said, but I don't think...Wait. I stop thinking. You said there is "also the added challenge of language." I think that made me emotional. I can't imagine what that is like...And you said a lot of people are like you. I will pay attention to your posts. I didn't know you were translating your thoughts from your language into your posts. I think that sounds really hard. :tears: I can't imagine what that is like too. And you said a lot of others are posting this way too? Well, I think you are doing a great job :). I'm trying to be angry at the world and you're making it hard for me because you're sweet and kind :tears:. I'm mad at you(just joking). Thank you for sharing your language struggles with me. I didn't know :(. You've made me emotional. Again. :bawling:.

Spoiler

So you make soompi sound amazing! I want to be in the soompi you're talking about. I love hanging out and "spazzing over dramas." Who doesn't?! :D. But it's not like that for a lot of us. A lot of people aren't happy to hang out with some people...A lot of us aren't happy to spazz over a drama with some people. A lot of us say, "I'm ignoring you. I don't like hanging with you." Some people say nothing at all. Some people just stop talking. And they never tell you why. So you watch the drama alone...and you spazz to yourself, or your imaginary friend! Right? :). I'll stop there...So you mentioned friendships. I don't think a lot of us have friends here :). So I think it's hard for some of us to say, "Hey, I have a I friend." So what friendships? :). Does that make sense? And if someone can't make a friend here I don't think it's the end of the world. I don't know why that person can't make friends here on soompi. I don't know about real life... For example. There is a girl named Molly. She just started watching this new drama! She wants to discuss it with someone, but she can't make any friends. Molly can't make any friends in real life either...I'm not trying to be funny. I'm trying to say that some people just can't make friends. So? Molly can't make friends on soompi, and Molly can't make friends in real life. Why? I don't know. I don't think you know. I think God only knows why :). Yeah...we're just strangers separated by oceans...I'm trying on this. This one is hard too. Emotional. I'm not trying to be like, "Please pity this girl molly." No. I just think this happens. I'm sorry.. And I don't want to say it to you because you're so sweet. So you should wake us all up from this dream! :) 

so not sure what happened in your soompi experience but take a step back and tell yourself it is okay. in a community, we need to not take things too personal.

You're so sweet. I think I said your soompi was like living in a dream! 

Spoiler

It's a long story. And you're too sweet. I don't want to be a bad influence on you! :). Thank you for the kind advice. I don't think soompi is the right place for me. I don't think it's perfect. I wish soompi could be as sweet as you. I think it will get there someday. I think they need to work on a lot of things. I don't know how they will do that. Tell myself it's okay? Hehehehehe! You're too cute. I wish I could tell myself that...And you're right. I don't think we should take things too personal in this community. I wish there was a community. I wish a lot of us could fit into a community...But I don't think a lot of us can....Have you ever seen a really really scary movie? Do they make you feel scared? Do they make you feel bad?! :ph34r: You should tell me which scary movie scares you :D I'm curious...Well, 2handsintertwined is like a really scary movie for me. :blush: Habahahahaha. I don't like scary movies...:blush: Hehehehehhe! You're so kind :wub:

as for the blues, during the holy month of lent, people here usually fast or give up some type of food or tv etc. one year, I decided to keep a thankfulness journal and to write down 5 things that I am thankful for. it was a real challenge that month because I am thinking my life sucks and wondering what I have in my life that is any good. but there were lots of things big and small that I was blessed with. and when you start writing them down, you realize that there is a plan and purpose to your life and you are going to be okay. so try it out. so take care of yourself. you are going to be okay.

This post is making me emotional...Why? You're so sweet. Why would you say, "My life sucks." I feel like a selfish person. I'm over complaining because I don't think soompi accepts black culture and people. And you're making me sad. I can't read this. You're making me cry. I'm sorry. I have to go to work. Really. Stop it. I didn't want to hear this. Not from someone as sweet as you. Please stop. I can't stop crying. I can't read this. I'm so selfish. Please promise me you won't ever think that again. Promise you won't feel that way again.  Why would it be a challenge? I think someone like you should have 100000000000000 things to be thankful for. It's so unfair. I don't understand why you couldn't think of 5. So you promise me you'll write 10000000000 things to be thankful for in your journal. And stop. You want me to try out the journal? Enough about me. I'm thinking of you. I'm going to work. Stay sweet @Lmangla

Edit: 

I think the number is 690, right? 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, 2handsintertwined said:

So you don't think Seinfield is funny and it was super super super confusing(why did you say super so much?? It wasn't that confusing!!!).

kekeke... LOL... it really was! :lol:

@2handsintertwined ~ each forum has a different flavour and really the community does impact it. some of these english drama forums confuse me because I am not sure what they are arguing/discussing about ^_^ so I just lurk and read the recaps. hahahah... I recently joined a forum for a local drama here and I am confused by the way the platform works but even though it is taking a bit used to, am slowly recognizing some of the names as I am interacting more with them. so yea, different forums have different feels.

given our need for 'like' or a post response, it can be frustrating if folks are not responding to what you write but it is the nature of being online. people weave in and out and we can't really tell why. sometimes it may be as simple as people are busy with real lives or they just lost interest in the drama. or sometimes they are just happy to listen/read and have no response to give back. hahahah. some drama threads are really fun and some have no activity and some are just plain stupid. it all depends...

.. and till you told your location and race, wasn't even aware of it and neither would I have guessed.. with a display name, we are just spazzing over dramas together. not sure what happened with your soompi experience but sometimes things happen. you will be okay..  :) 

• Like 3

@Lmangla So you made me late! But I'm not upset!

I will respond to what you said soon!

And I have kisses for you my sweet little darling booboo darling love

(Please accept them :wub:) I love you sweetie. Giving you 100000000000000000000 kisses.

I think your face will cheeks will start hurting! I'm going to give you a lot of kisses!

4chKtDo.jpg

38 minutes ago, kokodus said:

@2handsintertwined Did you see this??? Gong Yoo Oppa is coming back soon to grace our screens. LOL. 

https://www.soompi.com/2018/08/02/gong-yoo-talks-star-new-film/

What? Gong Yoo Oppa  is coming back????????

Me to @kokodus right now:

Image result for kenya moore they who gif

"Are you joking???"

Edit: @Lmangla cheeks are hurting. She's getting kisses on her forehead too.:wub:

Edited by 2handsintertwined
Hi :)
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1

On 8/2/2018 at 5:33 PM, Dhakra said:

Yes, Johnny eats a lot these days. I guess it's because it's so hot here. 

I posted a few pics of him, but here you go.

Thank you for sharing pics of Johnny. I think he's so cute!

This is my favorite picture:

txxxdp2p.jpg

credit: Dhakra

On 8/2/2018 at 5:33 PM, Dhakra said:

I'm white, the whitest dude you can imagine. :D But I didn't feel offended and also didn't think like you said. I didn't put too much thought into it. Everything is fine. But I knew you were black from previous pictures you shared, but that doesn't make any difference. But I would rather not talk about such a topic here.

So you are white. Well, I didn't know that. I don't know what "whitest dude you can imagine means...." I'm glad you didn't feel offended. I don't think you should talk about anything you don't want to talk about. I think your opinion is all the matters to you. I don't think I can force you to talk about it. I don't know sometimes I feel like you hate me? I can't explain it. So you knew I was black. Well, I won't say you hate me because of that. I think that makes me sound ignorant. And sometimes I think you're uncomfortable around me. And I don't think you like chatting with me. I don't know what happened. Things were different when I first got here. I think I've said this before. I think yo welcomed me twice! Sometimes I think I treat you like a child. Sometimes I think I act like your mom. I think, "Maybe that's annoying.Can I ask why you said, "I would rather not talk about such a topic here?" That hurts my feelings. I'm curious. So when are you going to tell me? I'll put the rest in spoiler.

Spoiler

I think you're uncomfortable around me. Why? I don't know. So when you said, "I would rather not talk about such a topic here." It kind of hurt my feelings. I really wanted to know what you thought. I like to read your opinions. I like to read a lot of opinions. So this is one of the reasons I feel like I don't belong here. I don't think you like me. And I can't put my finger on it. I try to talk to you all the time. I try to get you to come here. But you forgot everything. I don't know what's going on...I'm almost 29. And I think I'm acting like a child. I should just grow up. But I can't help but feel like you hate me...And like I said, it's not about race. I just think you don't like me. I think you don't like 2handsintertwined. I'm not saying you don't like me. I'm me, and I'm not 2handsintertwined. But sometimes I feel like you hate me. The real me. I don't understand. I think you were different when I first got here. Now you just don't like me. But you won't tell me why. So please, can you think about the things you don't like about me? You can do this:

I try to be your friend. Why do you only act unhappy around me? I remember. CamelKnight posted a picture. And I said CamelKnight was handsome, and you didn't believe me. You really hurt my feelings back then. And he didn't believe me either. So I left. I came back, and you don't like me. I don't know how CamelKnight feels. I believe he did apologize. I think you mentioned me a couple of times. But I can't find them. And I think you said, "You know what you said sounds a bit too much." Or something like that. I don't think you believed me.  I don't understand what i did to offend you. I wish you would tell me. Can you please tell me?

So I googled "What time is it in Germany?" And it's 5am there! So I don't think you'll respond. I'm just sad.

Me right now:

Related image

(Like is it 2handsintertwined's personality?") Why do you hate me? And you're

going to say, "I don't hate you!" Well, I disagree! Can we be friends with everyone?

I don't think so. I don't think you want to be my friend. Well, that's your choice.

I think you should choose your friends. I think we both like Game of Thrones!

But I think that's it...I just want to know why you hate me. I keep repeating 

myself, but when you said, "I would rather not talk about that topic here." 

I felt like you were looking down on me. And you made me feel like

that uncool kid who sits alone at the lunch table. It's hard to explain. I feel like 

you said, "Eww. I don't want to discuss that with her." And I'm thinking back.

I don't think you ever liked me. I don't think you liked me when I first got here.

I really hate soompi sometimes. I hate it because some people don't like other people.

I try to be funny.

I'm thinking too much. I'm tired of asking, and "Why does he make me feel like an outcast?"

I think "Why does he make me feel like a loser?" "Why does he make me feel lame?"

What do I think outcast is.

outcast- a person who has been rejected by society or a social group.

lame- describing someone who is just not cool.

Me right now:

Image result for alone gif

@Dhakra I don't want any pity. But let's be honest.  I'm just saying my feelings. 

@TRaNz And I don't know what happened here. I know you live in Australia. You used to talk to me. But you ignore me now. what did I do?

I tried making friends here. And @CamelKnight never responds to me...

I'm tired. I try so hard to be friends with all of you, but you don't like me. And you won't tell me why. You are nice to all the other members here. And you have fun with them. But you are serious with me...And you don't have fun.

I'm tired of feeling sorry for myself. And I'm tired of this. I'm tired of mentioning you all 5 times. You guys don't respond. You guys make me look like a fool. You guys make me look like an idiot. Why?

I know the mods are going to warn me. For example,  @triplem said I posted too many images. I don't understand. I see a lot of people do that. I see a lot of people post 5 pictures in a row. It's unfair. And @CamelKnight said this to me in Gong Yoo's forum:

wGcHjUB.jpg

I'm not the only one who does this. Why is he only targeting me?

I think this is unfair. Am I the only one doing these things? I don't think so. It's unfair. I tried to change my attitude. I asked @Go Seung Ji, "How do I change?" Or something like that. I was always getting into trouble. Well, it says, "she/he isn't accepting any messages anymore." I tried to message them. She did help me a lot. But I don't know what to do anymore.

Can't send @Dhakra messages either. I get the same message. "They aren't accepting messages right now." Why won't you just admit you blocked me?

@phikyl I was going to reply to your post too, but I am feeling so sad and emotional. I'm sorry. And I miss teasing you.

@Lmangla I'm sorry. I wish I could reply to your post. I don't feel good. I will reply soon. 

I don't know what to do anymore. This place welcomed me with open arms...But now? I don't know. I'm not angry I'm disappointed. I just want answers. 

Me:

Spoiler

Image result for kenya moore gif

"Why am I such a idiot?"(This is not funny)

Oh and I think the number is 704

Edit: Oh.

My warnings...

Well, I deserve them(I accept my punishment.)Me:

Spoiler

Image result for kenya gifs real housewives

"Let me get ready for my 100000000000000000 warnings."

"I'm a horrible person."

@Lmangla I'm sorry, sweetie. You changed my life. You made me think, "It's not just about me."

Maybe this is what ya'll see:

Spoiler

Image result for gremlins monster

I don't get it. Gosh why can't I learn to combine posts and images. It's unfair.

@ mods I tried to make this better on my phone. I give up.:tears:

Edit: Trying to fix this. I think it's too long. And I'm look angry.

Edited by triplem
I'm such a loser. Trying to combine my posts.
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

@2handsintertwined On some of the threads , sometimes there are not enough mods , so when some people post a lot of pics it gets overlooked. I’m a mod on this section as well as k drama, so naturally I’ll try to edit when if I come across posts with too many photos/ images. You can post many pics . However the 4th image onwards should go into the spoiler button. This rule came about because some members have very slow internet connection & so it’s hard to load. Every rule here is for a better community experience. 

Don’t worry no one is targeting you . Just remember to keep to the rules . We try our best to check as many threads but all of us are just volunteers who have outside jobs & families. We may overlook things 

before you post a pic , click on the icon button with an eye & paste your images there . Three pics can be outside , the 4th pic onwards to go into spoiler 

Edited by Guest