Add and Subtract Game

Admin

9 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

@Lmangla 3 in a row?  Now that's a BLUE BLUE WEEKEND!!!:bawling: I said I wanted to be sad not dead.... LOL:lol:

Like Father, Like Son already have a sad feeling in just the title alone:scream:  -2

hahahha... don't watch them all in go! just to add to your list thats all... :D

@abnoch ~ congrats on your new job. so is this also site based? do you have to go to forest?

@dotonly ~ just out of curiousity, if there are 3 time zones, how is tv program time announced? do they just say jakarta time? and everyone adds or minuses depending on the time zone? is that how it works?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Lmangla I dont know the correct words in English so i hope you can understand my explanation.

Indonesia have 3 time zones :

WIB: West Indonesia Time

WITA: Central Indonesia Time

WIT: East Indonesia Time

Jakarta is in WIB zone, so the national tv would write 20.00 WIB or 07.00 WIB, just like that. So people from the other time zone  must follow the schedule and they have to watch the program a bit late at night if it was at night. They didnt adds or minuses the time.

You can ask @abnoch for clearer explanation.

2 minutes ago, Sejabini said:

654 :blush:

@dotonly I am at WITA xuxuxuxuxu... 

You didnt minuses the time right? So you watch the movie a bit late at night right?

18 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

ah I see @dotonly; so some programs might air really late for some folks and they may not be able to watch it? wonder how advertisers then make money and programmes are scheduled...

I dont know about ads but as far as i know yes they may not be able to watch some night programs.

ah I see.. @dotonly @abnoch ~ so you don't have different versions of national broadcaster for each of the time zones then.

@abnoch ~ do you ever get attached to the jungle? when I was growing up, I used to live in the mountains and even now, years later, I sometimes miss them. it is almost like missing a person. of course, the conveniences of city life cannot be beat but there are times when I miss having a tree outside my window. I miss the sounds of birds, the sound of early morning dawn and sunset, the dance of the wind on my face... I miss walking and feeling completely surrounded by a sea of green and that symphony... I miss the feeling of a slower time...

• Like 3

+2

@phikylWell, if you open this topic, then I will join you and share my thoughts. At least I can blame you now :P *evil laugh*

I honestly don't know why it's an issue, I mean, I don't know how bad it really is in the US, but here in Europe mostly the older people are way too prejudiced. And I don't understand why, being white or black is probably the dumbest thing to argue about. Humans should treat each other as equals, because everyone shares the same fate. 

But a korean friend of mine told me today that she wants to study in a larger city in germany, because she has the feeling in smaller cities they are "not used to asian people".

This also made me kinda sad, because she is probably the nicest girl I know and a blessing to everyone. 

I mean, we have bigger problems to deal with, no human being should care about which color or shape her oder his skin has. 

11 hours ago, phikyl said:

I am a very sarcastic person by nature so I take almost everything with a grain of salt

Best personality trait EVER! :joy: Being salty is awesome. 

@Lmangla in my province, national tv have their branch station(?) so at some time they must broadcast the local program from that branch station. They switch to local broadcast mode(?) so when that happen, we cant watch the national tv program for about an hour (in my place). There are also local tv station that have no connection with branch station.

Hopefuly i didnt confused you, sorry

@Sejabini i think Seoul has the same time with WIT. 2 hours ahead of WIB.

Edited by Guest
Add words