Add and Subtract Game

Admin

15 minutes ago, triplem said:

Like him very much . Quiet , straightforward personality but not a jerk ( I’m very particular about this these days)

kekeke.. why, what happened? you got tired of the usual jerks?

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

9 minutes ago, kokodus said:

I like jerks. How can we resist the typical bad boy charm?? :lol:

kekeke... there's a push-pull factor for me. hahahha... guess, it depends on how it is executed because some of those jerks just make me laugh and even find them somewhat charming. like a school teacher who says with a wry grin "that rascal!" hahahahha.... and there are other jerks who I feel like slapping and wish they would disappear off the screen. so I fast forward all their scenes. this means the drama gets over fast. :lol: hahahhaha....

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

22 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

kekeke... there's a push-pull factor for me. hahahha... guess, it depends on how it is executed because some of those jerks just make me laugh and even find them somewhat charming. like a school teacher who says with a wry grin "that rascal!" hahahahha.... and there are other jerks who I feel like slapping and wish they would disappear off the screen. so I fast forward all their scenes. this means the drama gets over fast. :lol: hahahhaha....

Yeah but the whole excitement is how these jerky jerks change into marshmallow after they are hit by the love wave. LOL. Also they get their commeupance along the way. I know it doesn't happen in real life like that. Jerks remain as jerks till the end. LOL. Sigh. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

44 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

kekeke.. why, what happened? you got tired of the usual jerks?

I  am tired of jerk behaviour being rewarded at the end of the day . Of late a lot of k dramas have been moving away from that . So it is nice to see c dramas do the same . It’s unhealthy message . I am especially against the use of violence these days . 

I used to not mind. but I realise many young girls I talk to ( my students ) stay on with real life jerks because they think that’s the best they deserve . Pop culture is partly responsible for this . So I consciously look out for this in my dramas. It’s a personal conviction on my part . Of course everyone sees things differently. 

26 minutes ago, triplem said:

I  am tired of jerk behaviour being rewarded at the end of the day . Of late a lot of k dramas have been moving away from that . So it is nice to see c dramas do the same . It’s unhealthy message . I am especially against the use of violence these days . 

I used to not mind. but I realise many young girls I talk to ( my students ) stay on with real life jerks because they think that’s the best they deserve . Pop culture is partly responsible for this . So I consciously look out for this in my dramas. It’s a personal conviction on my part . Of course everyone sees things differently. 

A teacher indeed.

have a slightly different take @triplem; so I had this friend in uni and she was dating a real jerk. none of her friends liked him and we couldn't understand what she saw in him. now mind you, her favourites movies/dramas, the guys were utter cupcakes. super sweet. and yet, she was dating the utter opposite of her favourite leads. why? simply, because she wanted a relationship and the type of guys she wanted weren't available/she wasn't meeting them etc. in other words, demand and supply.

also lots of girls are unfortunately told that some relationship is better than none. a friend once was so sad -- she was told to lower her dreams because of XYZ reasons (family/status/shape/looks) and to just accept what she got because she was not going to do better. and this was from some well-meaning relative.

so while pop culture may be a factor for some, for many, it has to do with circumstances, self-esteem and if we dare to dream.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

so while pop culture may be a factor for some, for many, it has to do with circumstances, self-esteem and if we dare to dream.

I agree . 

Hi @athena22! Welcome . 

Team subs needs some players !  :D 

@triplem Lols I am ready! crazy-monkey-emoticon-022.gif?1292792384Team SUBS Go Go!happy-dancing-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?

btw some pages ago I saw Cdrama recommendations so just got curious what kdramas are you guys currently watching? Since I am back after long hiatus wanna watch some drama this holidays.. Feel free to recommend.. (ongoing ones)

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, athena22 said:

@triplem Lols I am ready! crazy-monkey-emoticon-022.gif?1292792384Team SUBS Go Go!happy-dancing-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?

btw some pages ago I saw Cdrama recommendations so just got curious what kdramas are you guys currently watching? Since I am back after long hiatus wanna watch some drama this holidays.. Feel free to recommend.. (ongoing ones)

I think Are You Human Too & Life on Mars are great . Are you looking for recent dramas ? What was your last one ?