• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jillia

• kokodus

• Sushimi

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re-watch party: Season 1 (sageuks)   All our chingus, come and join us for a special sageuk re-watch party event!   We have chosen three sageuks: 1) Faith (with Lee Min Ho)

This is a rare event, but we put up a k-pop poll (tagging @Lmangla). BTS released their first English language song ever yesterday. Check out the video! The song is pretty catchy!  

@partyon I generally am not that much attracted to sageuks. Faith was my first costume drama, I remember being very confused on what was going on in that drama and I actually dropped it initially, the

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

@supergal99 you're not peeking out to onlysb1's answer, are you? :D 

A grown up woman. Not historical one. 

Oh so not 'Innocent girl' ah...

Uh Oh u caught me... :glasses:

+2

506 omgggg... lmangla's plant ...tsk...

1 hour ago, onlysb1 said:

@stargazer187 lol what is this, are you playing another game inside game ? 

Answer

Reveal hidden contents

Kind of like Inception ...  :lol:

@Jillia If I were Bai Qian, I'd have his babies anytime...look at this man...

Spoiler

dPbTkao.png

Spoiler

qdieP0F.png

Spoiler

MsvHq5K.png

I live for Ye Hua and Rice Ball scenes...

2 hours ago, LSGLMH_88 said:

+2

@triplem @kokodus suggest something new C- Drama... i am done with peach blossom... !!!! I feel bad for Mo Yuan and wanted Bai Qian to end up with him... Personally it will be tough for me to forgive a person who took my eyes though I understand ye Hua 200% ... I know he has duty and stuff... what would he have probably done if susu is not Bai Qian ... !!!! :(

No , I have to admit as perfect as Mo Yuan is , I love the imperfect Ye Hua more. I'm with @kokodus and it’s team YH for me . I did not think like this earlier. But after 44 episodes of emotional See- saw he & BQ has gone through, and seeing his unwavering love for BQ, I can’t see Mo Yuan as more than her mentor. 

My colleagues & some folks here on Soompi recommend: Nirvana on Fire ( both the first & second one ) , Princess Agents, Princess Wei Young, Battle of Changsa 

I watched General & I , not a perfect drama but if you want really nice romance - the OTP had great chemistry & their love story was very compelling. 

Edited by Guest
1 hour ago, stargazer187 said:

@Lmangla ah.. first time seeing sapling tree. Yeah.. she might have lots of patient fans after her there. Hehehe

ah you never seen one? they can be any type of tree and it is called sapling. in this pic, the plants are bigger. sometimes, they are more mature and almost the size of a bush.it all depends.

silver-oak-seedlings-1299136.jpg

for environment day, school children will go plant them in specific places. even corporate offices have CSR drives where they say they will plant so many trees and employees go out and plant. it is usually organized with help of environmental NGOs and so they select the tree that would be best suited for that spot and would grow with minimal supervision.

minus two

• Like 6
3 hours ago, Lmangla said:

what kind of tree sapling @kokodus? some fruit tree? or something medicinal?

Fruit trees mostly. Pomegranate, guava, sapota and there was also lemon and neem. It's so sad that no one wanted neem. We had to plant them around the temples afterwards. Sigh. 

3 hours ago, LSGLMH_88 said:

@kokodus first you tell me your name.. its easy to call you by name than this ye hua's girl :tongue:

and are you a dentist by profession?

No I won't tell my name. Lol. People here already know too much about me. If anyone wants to kidnap me, the information I shared here is more than sufficient. Bwahahahahaha. 

Well ok you can call me Susi if you want. It's one of my nicknames that no one uses these days. Hahaha. 

And yes, I'm a dentist. Well, I'll become one after I finish this internship. I'll get my certificate only after that. LOLOLOL. Still I'm a dentist I guess 

@stargazer187surprised that you have never seen a sapling before. Gardening?? Tbh I'm not into gardening either but my mom and dad are, and during the weekends they try to indulge me as well, but I don't budge easily. LOLOL. And a big NOOOOOO to betel nut,  betel  nut alone has medicinal effects, but these village grannies add tobacco and paan masala to it and then just keep that in their mouth for days. It gives some kind of a kick. But it is EXTREMELY harmful, you will definitely get oral cancer. SIGHHH

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

@LSGLMH_88 @triplem @Jillia The one thing that I was not satisfied with Ten miles is how they made Susu's character so weak.....especially when compared to Bai Qian. They are practically the same person. It is only that one is a mortal and other is not, I would have really liked if they had retained Bai qian's badass character in Susu as well. The basic character never changes. They both are so different that it almost makes you question with which one Ye hua really fell in love with. If it's the naive and innocent SuSu, then why does he also like Bai Qian who is completely opposite of her??!?!!!!

• Like 2

So there's this scene in Peach Blossoms, where our hero Ye Hua loses his arm.....so one of the immortal Gods decides to use lotus root (magical one of course) to make him a  prosthetic arm....

Spoiler

NtUJ428.png

oh gawd...I almost died laughing cause all I can think of is that would make a delicious lotus root soup, my favourite

Spoiler

lotusrootsoup.jpg

I agree with your last post @LSGLMH_88 especially about how BQ completes Ye Hua, and is the perfect partner.

@kokodusI don't think Susu was weak but against immortals , she was powerless as she did not have the gifts they had. But as a person I felt she was even stronger then BQ - BQ shies away from emotional commitments. Something Susu never did.  

@stargazer187 That sounds like many k dramas!  I can't think of anything but I am like this game you have started...

+2

Edited by Guest

@stargazer187 Is it Weightlifting fairy??? But I have a feeling it is not. LOLOL. Mmmmm let me think....and also clues yarr..???!?! Hahaha

@triplem She IS weak. She fell off the terrace. Bai Qian will never do that!!! She will maybe push Su jin off the terrace. Hahahaha

-2 what is the number anyways?

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Just to add @kokodus , Why Susu and BQ is so different is because the former did not have her identity nor memories. What makes BQ so sassy and badass is partly because she had her heritage behind her. Susu not knowing who she was , was dependent on Ye Hua entirely up in the Celestial Palace. But if you think back , both had many similarities - kind and generous. Their values as a "person" was the same. They both loved fiercely and protected that love. (SuSu for Ye Hua, and Bai Qian was utterly devoted to her master)

Edited by Guest

12 minutes ago, triplem said:

Just to add @kokodus , Why Susu and BQ is so different is because the former did not have her identity nor memories. What makes BQ so sassy and badass is partly because she had her heritage behind her. Susu not knowing who she was , was dependent on Ye Hua entirely up in the Celestial Palace. But if you think back , both had many similarities - kind and generous. Their values as a "person" was the same. They both loved fiercely and protected that love. (SuSu for Ye Hua, and Bai Qian was utterly devoted to her master)

THIS!!! I agree!!!! You are right! Especially that loving fiercely and devoted to one person part. You are on point!!! Thanks! This is why I like to discuss my dramas here, it gives me a better understanding of the script. But you know with already completed dramas, you don't get the chance to dissect each and every character or scenes like we do for currently airing dramas. Sigh

• Like 2

@LSGLMH_88 yeah my friend recommended that Eternal love as well!!! I'll watch it someday. Lol. 

For C drama recommendations for you, how about Lo2o??? Have you seen that?? It's quite popular and a excellent starter C drama for beginners. LOL. 

d34b278104bf4cc7fe56015a938cbcaaac3f5ea6

• Like 2

OMGAH OMG OMG OMG!!!! HOW CAN I FORGET THIS DRAMA!!!!! @stargazer187 I love you! Hahahahaha. You know how much I love this show! Should I tell the answer now??? Should give time for others to guess, right??? 

Ok in the spoiler box then!

Spoiler

PINOCCHIOOOOOOOOOO. Hahahahahahaha. 

I'm going to stop by YT and find a clip of that scene to watch now. Hehehe. 

• Like 2

@stargazer187 Please tell me which ep that scene is from. It's hard to find the clips. :bawling:

@LSGLMH_88 Meh, the last bollywood film I watched was Padmavaat and I slept halfway thru the movie. Hahahaha I mean, I do think Sanjay Leela bhansali makes epic movies and all but they don't have to be SOOOOOO long!!!! It was almost three hours yaar. Sigh. Other than that, I wanted to watch Padman, but I didn't get a chance to watch it yet, I'll probably watch it in my laptop. Hd print will come out in a few weeks anyways. LOLOL. And then.... What else ... Am too much of a scaredy cat to watch Pari in theatres. LOL. So I'm going to pass that one. Not much to look forward as far as b town is concerned. Sigh. 

• Like 2
  • Guest pinned this topic