Add and Subtract Game

Admin

2 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

Q of the day -- in kdramas, when they come out of jail, there is always someone out there waiting for them with tofu. why tofu?

I believed I asked @stroppyse  this before ...

2 minutes ago, triplem said:

I believed I asked @stroppyse  this before ...

yea I remember she gave an explanation but I couldn't remember the exact details. watching baking king kim tak gu with my aunt -- this is her first kdrama -- and she was wondering about the tofu. just explained from fuzzy memory that it had something to do with starting new and putting bad luck away....

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

4 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

yea I remember she gave an explanation but I couldn't remember the exact details. watching baking king kim tak gu with my aunt -- this is her first kdrama -- and she was wondering about the tofu. just explained from fuzzy memory that it had something to do with starting new and putting bad luck away....

Apparently there are health reasons as well ! Lol! 

http://cultureguru.my/en/2016/11/28/【k-drama-fan】why-people-eat-tofu-come-prison-korea-not-simply-give-tofu-korean/

any good Cdramas that an ajummah might enjoy? am thinking of showing my aunt a cdrama next if time permits before she goes back home... has to be accessible on apple tv (so no google is available sadly to access other sites) and so I need something fully subbed preferably on YT or netflix (which has the most ridiculous bad list of dramas possible. why is everything on there not at all my taste?).... 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Was enjoying reading you guys convo till I forgot to put next numbers...haha...

(It happen quite often...sorry)

37 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

any good Cdramas that an ajummah might enjoy? am thinking of showing my aunt a cdrama next if time permits before she goes back home... has to be accessible on apple tv (so no google is available sadly to access other sites) and so I need something fully subbed preferably on YT or netflix (which has the most ridiculous bad list of dramas possible. why is everything on there not at all my taste?).... 

On Netflix there’s one called When A Snail Falls in Love. I was recommended it before but never got down to it . @kokodus @USAFarmgirl 

Don’t worry @dotonly . Most of the time We’re here to chat . We’re very relaxed on this thread. Sometimes it’s just nice to hang out , say nothing & put in 3 digits 

2 minutes ago, triplem said:

On Netflix there’s one called When A Snail Falls in Love. I was recommended it before but never got down to it . @kokodus @USAFarmgirl 

yea I haven't seen it either.. maybe will check it out. don't want it too dark or artsy -- just the regular type of dramas. my aunty is such a fangirl that it is really fun to watch with her because she totally gets into the dramas. so we are watching sood sanae ha (thai lakorn) and she was like  "din is such a sweet boy; such a sweet smile he has" hahaha... my other aunt who came to visit was so intrigued that she was like "who is this sweet din? I need to see"  :lol:hahahaha... now we are watching baker king and she is like "why is everybody so mean to takgu? :wacko: poor fella"... hahahhaha...

@dotonly ~ like triplem said, sometimes it is nice to put in just numbers and just read the conversations... and I mess up numbers all the time. hahahah..

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

634 edited

27 minutes ago, triplem said:

Don’t worry @dotonly . Most of the time We’re here to chat . We’re very relaxed on this thread. Sometimes it’s just nice to hang out , say nothing & put in 3 digits 

I didn't watch that one. I have read good reviews about it, but I don't think it's my type of drama...procedural thriller, I guess. Hmmmm @Lmangla Only chinese?? Some Taiwanese dramas are quite good too. I don't remember what shows they had on Netflix, I canceled my subscription like 2 to 3 months back. It's just a waste of money I tell you, Netflix India is the worst of all, they literally don't have any of the shows I wanted to watch. They don't even have Flash. Seriously...I would rather watch my English series in illegal websites. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

tell me about it @kokodus; ... sadly, haven't figured out a way to connect my labtop to the TV; otherwise, I would just show my aunt other dramas that I know she would love. but since I am restricted to youtube, it is bit of problem as we have to find stuff that is fully subbed. kbs world has gone mad and doesn't show the full range of dramas that they have subbed... so you have to search for them individually and it is a pain... maybe will show her full house after we finish baker king. she will have good laughs.

• Like 3

yea, need the tv @kokodus; basically my mom keeps stopping by and watching in bits. plus they all like to sleep watch on the sofa with volume high. difficult to do that on a labtop with so many.. tv has hdmi option and so I have heard that you can plug in your labtop etc.. but not sure how to do that exactly..

• Like 2

@triplem @Lmangla. Thank you

Sorry I can only give you an emoji reaction

Edited by Guest
Corrected

@Lmangla have you and/or your aunt watched The battle of changsa? It is available on youtube with subtitles. It is not a light drama though.

Abt When a snail falls in love. It started out strong but fizzled for me after the mid point. The packaging appealed to me but the substance got lost in translation. The same opinion about Love me if you dare. Both these dramas I watched till the end though! 

• Like 3

@triplem @Lmangla. Woah at you guys quick emoji reaction.

Actually I want/meant not to tag you cos I dont want to bother you with notification that was no biggie.

Happy resting!

(I should say this earlier this morning...haha...sorry)

Edited by Guest
Corrected

@staygold ~ my aunt is a total newbie. she is just watching them for the first time. and I haven't watched battle of changsa. it does sound a bit heavy. so have you watched baker king? this is like your typical weekend makjang and my aunt finds that dark and she is like tsking at the TV for those characters being so awful. :lol:  hahahah... LOL... so yea, definitely family weekend dramas or lighter rom-coms is more her taste....

• Like 1
  • LOL 2