Add and Subtract Game

Admin

kekekek... I so wasn't expecting @triplem to call pacific rim romantic. hahahah... but yea, I found it too even though it wasn't like there is a steamy look or typical kiss as the end. what I found romantic is the connection, trust and the way they look out for each other..  thought the fight scenes were kind of romantic in that these two people need to be totally in sync in order to control the robot to have those kind of moves -- they need to listen, react and blend their energies in order to defeat the alien. guess, more than anything, pacific rim shows how team work can be romantic.

@stroppyse - enjoy action movies and I loved all those robot cartoons as a kid but I was still surprised by how good pacific rim is. compared to transformers which is all comedy, there was real emotions in pacific rim. what struck me yesterday while watching is that because the neural load is too heavy for one person, it needs teams to work the robot and most of these teams are families. father and son. siblings. so the idea of how we can defeat things together because we are a unit with strong connections and ties - this movie really celebrates team work.

@Jillia @adriana902 -- wasn't surprised by ron and hermione in some ways because like @stroppyse said, they had a screwball kind of comedy dynamic. very classic. was more surprised by harry ending up with ginny because it felt so left field. but at the same time, I was surprised the author didn't have hermione and harry end up together which would have been more typical. instead, they are friends and in a way, colleagues. liked that it remained that way. think it was one of those things where the author may not necessarily have had an end point but the connections wrote themselves. in a sense, the screwball comedy dynamic lent itself more to a romantic connection and typical teenage angst (which had me cracking up so much while I read the books; the movies so didn't capture that at all)..

• Like 1