Add and Subtract Game

Admin

4 minutes ago, kokodus said:

2 years will go by quickly. Goshhhh. Bit the good thing is when they all come back, they will hopefully have delicious abs to boot. *Wink *@partyon *wink*

Woaaahhhh that would be great. Now I really want this to happen. The age difference between Jin and Jung kook is five years. Not much if you ask me. So they can easily join the military together and come back together. Also what would the maknae line even do without their hyungs. Please don't separate my babies. :please:

TBH I don't have the feeling they will go all together, rather separately...

and Jungkook has a lot of star power. I think he is one of the most popular BTS members, as he is the main vocal and sometimes looks like main visual/dancer, too.

If they go to that artist section there won't be that much abs unless they choose to focus on building muscle, like JK :D 

• Like 2
  • Blob 5

6 hours ago, confusedheart326 said:

@Sleepy Owl: Guilty as charged again. :tears: I had eyes only for Ji Sung and that charming smile of his. *melting me softly' :wub: But I agree with you wrt 'Doctor Prisoner'. Namkoong Min, the ML was just out of the world. Not to mention what a fabulous actor he is! He is one of the finest actors. Love the way he brings about the subtle nuances through his expressions, his smile.  I loved the cat and mouse play between him and the villain. Loved, loved , loved how he was always one step ahead of the evil men.  Loved how he had planned everything from the very beginning, pre-planning his every move and the bad guys fell into his hands. Wish they would do a second season.

Too bad I missed the poll on Evil Villains. I had quite a few in my favourites list. Villains I love to Hate. :ph34r:

Well, I won't really blame you though, Ji Sung was exceptional and show stealer in that drama. Same was the case with Namgoong Min. Namgoong Min acted as the bad guy for a long time and started getting the lead roles pretty late, but he still has been great in his dramas. 

His dramas are usually really good, with some exceptions like "Undateables" or his latest one whose name I don't remember. Although this is once again my personal choice. I tried watching "Undateables" twice, and dropped the drama in the 3-4 episodes both the times :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

@partyon

mine spoilers

Spoiler

well first I thought they were sisters but now I think they were friends(really close like sisters).

Also it did look like JY sister recognized Emma´s older picture. 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 5

43 minutes ago, agenth said:

TBH I don't have the feeling they will go all together, rather separately...

and Jungkook has a lot of star power. I think he is one of the most popular BTS members, as he is the main vocal and sometimes looks like main visual/dancer, too.

If they go to that artist section there won't be that much abs unless they choose to focus on building muscle, like JK :D 

Why you have to break my heart by talking the truth?!?!?! Please let me live in my fantasy for a while. LOL. They will all go together and come back together as one. I'm sure Jung kook can't live without his hyungs. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 3

paper-art-of-goodnight-and-sweet-dream-v

Off to bed, guys!! :)

Sweet dreams, everyone! :heart:

19 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Namgoong Min acted as the bad guy for a long time and started getting the lead roles pretty late, but he still has been great in his dramas. 

Chingu, I've watched The Undatebles. Nothing new, just a common story. But Namgoong MIn was great in Doctor Prisoner and Awaken. I love both dramas. He is my favorite ajussi oppa! :D I love his accent a lot! It's one of a kind! Heard that he is coming up with a new drama called Black Sun. Will check it out for sure!

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 4

@joccu

Mine spoiler

Spoiler

So that's what I thought as well. But question:

Why did Emma call the chairman "oraboni" in the flashback and they also seem to be really close in the hospital scene? We had a discussion about this with @Lmangla and @Sleepy Owl dongsaeng and the opinion varies.

We are unclear if the word can be used in conjunction with only a real older brother or if it can be used for someone who is close to you.

So my question is, could Mother Emma be the chairman's illegitimate sister? Or is she the friend or sister of Kim Mi Ja?
I still feel like something is off here. :D

• Like 2
  • Blob 4

@Sleepy Owl @gm4queen @confusedheart326  Namgoong Min new drama black sun sounds interesting.  It´s going to have 12 episodes. 

@partyon 

mine spoilers

Spoiler

I mean she totally could be his sister. In some saguek when they call "oraboni" that is usually mean that  they are siblings or that they have really close relationship. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 3

@Sleepy OwlMay I suggest Hot Stove League? He was so dashing in that drama. Great story and of course his amazing acting. I binge watched and finished in three days. It was soooooo gripping.

Agreed, Undateables was Unwatchable. :tears: I try to watch most of his dramas but even I had to drop it. I became a huge fan of Hwang Jung-eum after I watched 'Secret Love' so I decided to give it a try as it had two of my favourite actors. But, man, what a torture it was! :tears: I dropped it too immediately though it hurt to drop it. I have to drop Hwang Jung-eum from my automatic watch drama list as she hasn't been doing anything interesting lately.

I haven't watched 'Awaken' either. I didn't find the plot interesting enough. My first Namkoong Min was Beautiful Gong Shim. It was hilarious. Really liked the drama. I wish he would do some rom-coms (though not like Undateables, please) though intense dramas are definitely his forte.  I am avoiding 'A Girl Who Sees Smells' as I like him too much to see him as a villain. I don't think my poor heart can take it. I like him too much to see him play a heartless villain. :tears: Oh he was good in 'Good Manager' too. I am hoping his next drama would be as gripping as his previous one (Doctor Prisoner). The plot sounds interesting.

I never knew he was the bad guy. :tears: But then, yes, he isn't the conventionally handsome guy. Though in my eyes, he is super hot. Love that smirk of his. :D  #fangirl

I am also looking forward to Ji Sung's latest drama, 'Devil Judge'. The premise is intriguing.

+2

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

8 minutes ago, confusedheart326 said:

Agreed, Undateables was Unwatchable. :tears: I try to watch most of his dramas but even I had to drop it. I became a huge fan of Hwang Jung-eum after I watched 'Secret Love' so I decided to give it a try as it had two of my favourite actors. But, man, what a torture it was! :tears: I dropped it too immediately though it hurt to drop it. I have to drop Hwang Jung-eum from my automatic watch drama list as she hasn't been doing anything interesting lately.

Don't mention the Undateables. It was horrible :kicks:

I wish I had dropped it but I finished it with the help of the FF button. :rage:

My dongsaeng @Sleepy Owl shares my sentiments. But he also shares my sentiments about Secret Love. It's one of our favorite dramas. We just rewatched it and seriously, the drama is just too good. :kiss_wink:

1436733_original.jpg

1437299_original.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 4

@partyon'Secret Love' is my guilty pleasure. :blush: I have watched and re-watched it a million times. It is that good. I think I have driven Netflix mad requesting them to get that drama back. :naughty: #asorrynotsorry I followed your re-watch event on 'Secret Love'. Not that I needed any prodding. :D However, at the same time, I must confess I hated  'Kill Me, Heal Me'. I found it very disappointing. I think after coming off the high in 'secret Love', it seemed lackluster for sure. I get brickbats when I suggest 'Secret Love' but I am glad we have so many people who actually loved it. Please watch Beautiful Gong Shim. It was a rom-com, genuinely funny. :D

@joccu Yep, I am excited about the new drama. :wub: The plot seems intriguing and he seldom lets us down. Have you watched Hot Stove League? He is brilliant there. He gets into the character so well. I hope they extend it. Didn't they extend for Doctor Prisoner?

@gm4queen I have a thing for ahjussi oppas. All my favourite oppas are 'sadly' ahjussis. :lol: How is Awaken? I didn't find any favourable reviews and plot didn't sound too interesting. Should I give it a try? Did you watch 'Hot Stove League'. That's worth a watch too, after 'Doctor Prisoner'. Goodnight chingu.

+2

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Blob 3

@confusedheart326 Chingu, I watched "Hot Stove League" and I regard it as one his best works. That drama was just different (well all his other dramas are just different usually). 

Hwang Jung Eum was really good in "Secret Love", as @partyon Noona said, that is among our favorite dramas, but I am gonna say one thing about her. Not sure if she is being typecast for such roles, but in all her rom-coms, she always acted as the crazy woman. I was actually on the verge to drop "Kill me Heal me" another favorite drama of mine, since I felt like she was overdoing crazy scenes there a bit. Same was her case in "Undateables" and also in "She was Pretty" whose clips I watched randomly to check the same thing. 

I have watched most of Namgoong Min's drama, I would recommend "Falsify" if you are into reporter/mystery kind of dramas. It is one of his underrated dramas that I liked a lot. I think we got to see him in Sageuk, he would do a great job in it :piggydance:

@gm4queen Chingu, honestly I was disappointed with "Awaken". @partyon Noona dropped it soon, but I rarely drop dramas, so I watched it, was interesting initially. But the whole superhuman abilities and other stuff was a disappointment for me. Or maybe the execution was bad. The only good thing about that drama for me was Namgoong Min and Lee Chung Ah's acting. Also I was too disappointed they made Seolhyun 1st FL. I think it was the main reason why Han Ye Seul rejected the role which Lee Chung Ah got. But then again, as I said, this is my personal opinion on it. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

1 minute ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Hwang Jung Eum was really good in "Secret Love", as @partyon Noona said, that is among our favorite dramas, but I am gonna say one thing about her. Not sure if she is being typecast for such roles, but in all her rom-coms, she always acted as the crazy woman. I was actually on the verge to drop "Kill me Heal me" another favorite drama of mine, since I felt like she was overdoing crazy scenes there a bit. Same was her case in "Undateables" and also in "She was Pretty" whose clips I watched randomly to check the same thing. 

This is pretty much why I think her acting sucks, either she gets typecast for crazy roles or she is just someone who overreacts to a lot. Her type of character is kind of the things I dislike about kdramas. If your shtick is being "cute" and horrid at the same time, it's a barf drama for me - because it's hard to empathise with such a character, nor feel attraction to it. 

Though I got to say I didn't try Secret Love, but I tried Kill Me, Heal me, The Undateables, She Was Pretty. 

Ah Namgoong Min is one of those who I respect. Hot Stove League sounds pretty boring for someone who doesn't watch baseball nor knows the rules, but hearing the good traction of it, and because of Namgoong, I started it and never regretted it. 

Black Sun is about a secret agent I think. Those dramas are always hit and miss so I hope for the power of Namgoong to shine through. 

• Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 6

2 minutes ago, agenth said:

Though I got to say I didn't try Secret Love, but I tried Kill Me, Heal me, The Undateables, She Was Pretty.

Secret Love is so good. And Hwang Jung Eum is daebak in that drama. Totally different from her normal roles. The woman can act. She just picks the wrong roles...

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

Speaking of Nam Goong Min !

I really felt sad & disappointed when he didn’t get the Best Actor award for 56th Baeksang Arts award (its not that Kang Haneul doesn’t deserve it or something )

But I truly rooted for NGM !

He gets nominated each time but haven’t got it yet !:sad1:

(just like Leonardo Dicaprio Oscar nominations - he made it finally though ! )

Hope Nam Goong Min too will get it one day !

spacer.png
:heart1:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

Hwang Jung Eum was good in 'She was Pretty' . I was rooting for the SL Choi Si-won. He totally deserved the girl. I don't like the ML. He looks too perfect to me. :crazy: CSW is another great actor. His comic timing is unmatchable.

Coming back to Hwang Jung Eum, I agree she takes the craziness to a whole new level. And she hasn't done anything new. I think she wants to be like Julia Roberts, the rom-com queen but Julia Roberts has  played a variety of roles, though in the same genre. In fact, she later on reinvented herself because she was tired of being typecast. Secret Love is definitely Hwang Jung Eum best. I am yet to see anything impressive. She was Pretty, the credit goes to Choi Si-won. He was daebak.

Recently, I tried 'Mystic Pop-up Bar', disappointed and dropped it immediately. My friends didn't like her much in 'secret Love' and criticize her for only shedding copious tears instead of doing any real acting. But I think she did well. That back hug will forever remain imprinted in my memory. :wub:

@agenthI too was reluctant because not a fan of baseball. But I gave it a try just for Namgoong Min. I am sure his next drama would be a good one. I am getting that feeling.:D Can't wait to see him as a secret agent.

Both Namgoong Min and Choi Si-won are natural actors. They try to get into the character they are playing.  Hwang Jung Eum on the other hand goes over the top with her acting. She needs to notch it down a bit and try something different. Agree with @partyon there. 

+2

@4evrkdrama I disagree. I liked him in 'When the Camellia Blooms' but I don't think he deserved the very prestigious Best Actor award at the 56th Baeksang Arts. His role wasn't that exceptional compared to NGM in Hot Stove League. He was in a league of his own and he deserved the award.

Edited by confusedheart326
Typos too many
  • Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

28 minutes ago, confusedheart326 said:

@4evrkdrama I disagree. I liked him in 'When the Camellia Blooms' but I don't think he deserved the very prestigious Best Actor award at the 56th Baeksang Arts. His role wasn't that exceptional compared to NGM in Hot Stove League. He was in a league of his own and he deserved the award.

Twin @confusedheart326 I got confused with the he and him !

(who is who? ) 

Did you mean KHN didn’t deserve it ?:tounge_wink: 

spacer.png

Can you tell me again ?

Anyway NGM deserved better right ?!

By the way,

I do feel a “celeb” to be a lookalike of Nam Goong Min !

Can anyone guess ?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

12 minutes ago, 4evrkdrama said:

Twin @confusedheart326 I got confused with the he and him !

(who is who? ) 

Did you mean KHN didn’t deserve it ?:tounge_wink: 

Can you tell me again ?

Anyway NGM deserved better right ?!

By the way,

I do feel a “celeb” to be a lookalike of Nam Goong Min !

Can anyone guess ?

I think she meant to say Namgoong Min deserved Best Actor at Baeksang over Kang Haneul. 

Namgoong's rugged look in Awaken (only saw 1 episode) reminded me of Jang Hyuk tbh.

724c71442ea54d2bbcd75355a8ad6166.jpeg?s=

also dropping this 

for @kokodus

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 3