Add and Subtract Game

Admin

I really feel a bit sad, I was writing my opinion in one of the threads, a person attacked me describing me as rigid and unforgiving, when I was just being theoritical. I admit that I don't have much experience in the subject, but she could have replied more politely. 

When I tried to defend myself and wrote her a private message, she asked me where I am from, when I told her, she didn't answer back and the message status was "read". I know now why many people don't mention their location. :(

+2

• Sad 2

@nohamahamoud2002 opinions are just that.  Opinions.  I wouldn’t take it too personally.  A lot of the time the person has already taken it personally by responding the way they did to you (they have read your opinion with a personal filter on) so to try to explain it to them otherwise is often a lost cause.  Usually (I do this often :blink:) if I suspect I have touched a raw nerve, I just apologize (publicly) in the thread (it’s generally something very brief like “I am sorry I have offended you XXX but it was not my intent”) and then move on because it was not my intent to hurt.  I find that usually the more vehemently they’ve responded to you, chances are the hurt they are dealing with is just as deep.  And by and large the fault isn’t yours (or your opinion).  Your opinion merely acted as a valve release for them to vent.  So I apologize and walk away.  I am not their psychologist.  And I leave it with the other party.  As soon as I try to defend myself, it means the ball is still in my court to deal with?  BUT as soon as I apologize, I have tossed the ball back in their court and it’s their problem to deal with.  They can choose to forgive and move on or hold onto the grudge.

@Lawyerh I will be tuning in to Brown Eyes Oppa’s drama with PMY despite my misgivings.  To be honest he’s a good actor but I have never really put him on my Oppa list :lol: (even before the CITT kerfuffle with PHJ).  That’s why I dropped Watcher initially.  I went back to binge watch it for Han SukKyu and Kim HyunJoo in the end.

And yes to @stroppyse regarding Forest.  It’s the dialogue between the OTP (their moments of clarity, NOT the aegyo or the banter) that’s keeping me invested.  That and the delivery of the dialogue by PHJ.  The words on the script are only as good as the delivery.  He has a knack of knowing when to pause, when to lean in, when to provide subtle inflections to add to the impact. That’s artistic talent.  I think that’s why I never bought for one moment that he was some psychopath in CITT in spite of all the context scenes that the PD left out that skewed his character portrayal to the audience.  He was capable of seeding that doubt in my mind that he is harboring a deeper hurt and was conflicted.  In fact if you actually read his analysis after CITT, he wasn’t talking about air time or the fact that his character didn’t appear in the final episodes.  It was all about those scenes that he had filmed which provided context that were left out which irked him.  As an artist, you have a vision of the character you portray and you bring that character alive in the screen.  You trust that the PD would enhance that portrayal with lighting, mood, background scenes etc.  You would feel horribly betrayed (and he was) if that PD opted to remove those scenes and paint your character in a completely different light as a result.  It’s all about the character.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

@nrllee the person I referred to says she is a therapist. So she just assumed I am bad on her own when she does not even know me :huh:

I told her in a private message about the reasons why she should not judge me. She relented for one minute and even seemed understanding then suddenly asked me where I am from. As soon as she knew, she didn't reply again :huh:. Strange, right? 

I recently consulted a very nice British therapist online, after going through a bad experience that affected me, she was so calm, cheerful,  positive, polite and helpful. She knew where I came from and still talked so kindly. But then not all the people are the same 

+2

• Love 2

34 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

the person I referred to says she is a therapist. So she just assumed I am bad on her own when she does not even know me 

So strange to do that online.  That’s her opinion then.  Don’t let it worry you.  One person’s opinion (even if she does claim to be a “professional”) doesn’t define you.  Take what you want from her opinion and move on.  You know yourself best (you and God).  :).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, nrllee said:

So strange to do that online.  That’s her opinion then.  Don’t let it worry you.  One person’s opinion (even if she does claim to be a “professional”) doesn’t define you.  Take what you want from her opinion and move on.  You know yourself best (you and God).  :).

Thank you :wub: I just needed to remember that soompi is a good forum by talking to nice people like you, because some members get aggressive for no reason, while it is not even worth it.

+2

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I didn't finish watching CITT because it started skewing weirdly for me, even though I really liked the beginning of it. Plus, I got bored of seeing the 2nd ML play the piano. I wasn't a total fan of the 2nd ML's character interpretation to start with, so the fact that there were so many shots of him brooding at the piano for no reason pretty much ruined that drama for me. The 2nd ML was a good looking guy, but he was a total newbie actor, if I remember correctly, and showed it.

I agree.  2ML’s character was straightforward and needed no context explanation - he wore his heart on his sleeve.  So to have him in so many superfluous scenes in the end made no sense? PHJ’s character was very layered.  What you saw wasn’t the full story so he needed that childhood backstory to provide the context for his actions.  Personally I think because the PD was a lady and the webtoon writer was also a lady, I am guessing (pure conjecture) that their differences played out real time in the drama and SKJ and PHJ were just inadvertently caught in the middle.  There was a standoff after Ep6 between P.D. and the webtoon writer.  Women (gross generalisation here) do tend to feel slighted more easily than men and they do this undercurrent animosity thing (often veiled and covert) and act it out in less than obvious ways.  Men just have it out and fight openly (usually).  PHJ read the webtoon so he was true to the writer’s portrayal of the character.  PD for some reason decided to remove context scenes which were already filmed (it’s not even in the DVD as deleted scenes?) and elevate 2ML to almost 1ML (even giving him scenes that were actually 1ML’s scenes in the webtoon?).  It just got very strange towards the end.  Everyone had an epilogue bar PHJ’s character.  That was weird.  

• Like 1

@angelangie so do I! I usually prefer to wait until all the episodes are available because I’m so impatient with waiting for new episodes (case in point - CLoY and Find Yourself)

The reason I got into Find Yourself was bec I needed a distraction from waiting for CLoY episodes. Who knew I would breeze through Find Yourself and instead found myself (pun intended) now waiting for episodes for 2 dramas!! :joy:

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

I'm not sure what knowing where you're from has to do with the other person having (or not having) good manners. :) But, I didn't really catch this conversation, so I'm just butting in. Sorry! :D

Thanks :wub: I really always had civilised conversations with many nice people in soompi where I was not always agreeing with them but it is the referred person's method of replying that bothered me.

@angelangie thank you :wub: I was just trying to forget about the harshness I already meet in real life but it seems that some people are complicated even online :huh:

+2

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Dhakra said:

+2

Okay my mom is really cute :joy:

I visited her today and she asked me if her phone has a finger sensor and put it in front of me, I said: I don't know, turn the phone around and I tell you.

:joy::joy: :joy::joy: :joy::joy: :joy::joy:

And then she turned the phone upside down :joy::joy:

It was so cute! "NO MOM, I mean show me the back!"

@Dhakra, I need Mommy-and Daughter Convo from now on :wub: Time flies so fast. Wasn't it yesterday when mommies teach us many things we don't know? How our roles have changed! I can't wait for my kids or grand kids to teach me how to drive a spaceship :grimace:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

But really how will they eat chicken with chopsticks if it has bones? Lol

Kkk , I can . It’s a skill but I use chopsticks a lot . I can even eat & remove shells from prawns with chopsticks. I don’t like to dirty my hands . :lol:

With regards to your recent post , don’t take comments written on these threads personally .  I’d advise you not to engage with that person on PM.  Hard for me to intervene or help you if they turn out to be mean / abusive/ trolls . I am often sceptical when people tell me their professions & use that as a basis to validate their opinions. so take whatever they say with a pinch of salt. 

Edited by Guest

16 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

Have u see the long trailer of "I'll go to u bla bla..." He looks lovely, now I can't wait to have him on my screen

Yes yes ! He looks nice . looks melo too . Like dramas you’d watch on a cold rainy day . But they should hv casted younger actors for the highschool scene :lol: . LJW looks like a fun character too 

45 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

I'll go to u bla bla..

That title is SO long... :lol:.  Imagine typing it multiple times <_< in a post.  I had to whittle What’s wrong with Secretary Kim to W3SK.  I wonder how they will shorten it.

• LOL 3