Add and Subtract Game

Admin

@Sushimi Yeah I have that insecure feeling too from time to time. I think I was in 5th grade when I have to recite this beauty and the beast story in front of the whole school. I was really nervous you know, stage freight and all, thats when my teacher taught me this "I don't care" mantra. Lol. Till date I follow that, I keep saying "I don't care, I don't care", whenever I'm on stage or when faced with embarrassing situations. We really should not care about what others think. They are not going to be thinking of us all the time, everyone has their own problems. It's hard to have that 'i don't care' attitude all of the times, but I try my best. LOL. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

For all I know the girl said all that nice stuff about him because she was told to. Or forced to. Who knows. No one knows. I swear I have seen too many examples of these so called nice actors being real monsters to believe all these stories.

Yeah. You’re perfectly entitled to believe what you will.  Why would she bother though to say it?  She could’ve said it was all my idea to sell herself as the standout woman of the times?  It’s not just one instance.  I back it up with other third party accounts.  And I watch their behavior when they don’t think anyone is filming...sure you can say it’s all an act.  Or it’s an image that the person is trying to portray but if it’s fake, it’s very obvious to those who are watching carefully.  So I never trust what fan girls say unless it’s backed up with facts that I witness on videos or third party accounts.

It’s how profilers profile killers/serial killers.  Based on third party accounts, interviews with others and behavioural studies they formulate a profile.  Predictive so they can look at a future murder and say with a certain level of definitiveness as to whether it was conducted by the same person or someone else.  And how the killer will behave in a certain situation.  Fascinating stuff.  :lol:

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

@Ameera Ali keep summoning me to CLOY and i keep calling her to Chocolate :lol:. I'm contemplating to watch the raw tonight ^_^ yeah desperate i know...

Today is important day for chocolate oppa :joy:

if no kiss today I will flip out:joy: 

@triplem  I see you said in your recap in oppa long leg you angry & sad , it’s bad bad break up , I couldn’t keep reading after angry & sad :bawling:

+2

• LOL 2

25 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

I think forensic study with physical evidence might be easier & clearer than human profiling. To try categorized everyone into some box to fit, often might be misleading. As human behaviour is so complex. And we can't enter into person mind, hence theres always some bar to error in reading into peoples motivation. But I agree with you it's indeed a very interesting subject. 

Definitely hard evidence is the best.  But you have profilers for a reason.  To link crimes up and predict if and when they will strike again.  Getting into their mindset and dissecting their reasons for doing what they do.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@Lawyerh I only watch variety shows when there is food involved. Like Three meals a day, coffee house etc. LOL. 

I agree with you about the complexities of Human Profiling. It is prone to error more often than we like. Even We don't know ourselves well enough in the first place. We don't know what we are capable of until we are thrown into a situation. So yeah we can't accurately estimate how people react at all times. Jung Joon Young might have been a very good guy before he did all those things. He himself might not have known that he was capable of doing all those horrific things. To a extent we can predict, from how they are brought up, from their friends, but it would not be 100% accurate. 

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

Today is important day for chocolate oppa :joy:

if no kiss today I will flip out:joy: 

@triplem  I see you said in your recap in oppa long leg you angry & sad , it’s bad bad break up , I couldn’t keep reading after angry & sad :bawling:

+2

Ameera . I’m sad . It was stupid.  Sorry I just felt it was such a let down especially when JH has always surprised us with doing things unexpectedly. Urggh 

@Lawyerh multi oppa fandoms means I will never be bored ever . :lol:

Edited by Guest

+2

4 hours ago, triplem said:

@Dhakra just watched ep9 of fairy . Will comment after I see eps 10 . By the way , this looks good.  It’s your fave actress & the actor from Mad Dog  . April 2020

Uh nice, another LBY drama. This is a must watch for me. She really never disappoints. A true actress. Count me in.

45 minutes ago, triplem said:

Ameera . I’m sad . It was stupid.  Sorry I just felt it was such a let down especially when JH has always surprised us with doing things unexpectedly. Urggh 

Oh noes.... I guess we lost in the polling :( :tears:

@Dhakra did you watch Whisper then? Was it good?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Oh noes.... I guess we lost in the polling :( :tears:

@Dhakra did you watch Whisper then? Was it good?

Yes ...but it’s ok ...no need to change picture , but I’ll change mine in protest . I must find a good one of double X :mrgreen:

+2

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

did you watch Whisper then? Was it good?

It was. I liked it. Not crazy good, but it was a decent drama I enjoyed quite much. The second lead also managed to create a lot of discussions with @triplem about my taste in girls. 

giphy.gif

A good chunk of my gifs are from Whisper. :D 

13 hours ago, kokodus said:

I agree with you about the complexities of Human Profiling. It is prone to error more often than we like. Even We don't know ourselves well enough in the first place. We don't know what we are capable of until we are thrown into a situation. So yeah we can't accurately estimate how people react at all times. Jung Joon Young might have been a very good guy before he did all those things. He himself might not have known that he was capable of doing all those horrific things. To a extent we can predict, from how they are brought up, from their friends, but it would not be 100% accurate. 

Nothing in life is 100% accurate.  All the “science” you rely on now can be upturned with the next discovery.  You can only make guesstimates.  The more information you have, the higher the chances of being correct.  Margin of error is always there.  You decide whether or not to date someone based on a guesstimate.  The less emotion there is in that decision, the better your chances are at guessing right.  Whilst the initial “spark” may be based on a feeling, the decision as to whether to move with it (for me anyway) is based on cold hard facts.  What are they like at home?  What’s their family relationships like?  That’s where they are most “real”/authentic.  I gather all that information and make a judgement as to the likelihood of success before I jump in.  Is it 100% accurate?  By no means but it’s a helluva lot more accurate than someone who jumps in straight away with no “research”. :lol:

JJY has a sex addiction.  That’s what I would’ve pinned it down to.  It was his secret that he hid from most of his “clean” friends.  He actually has an uncanny sense of reading people, as evidenced by his persona in 2D1N.  He would always be the first to suspect something isn’t what it seems because he would read the filming staff, PD and crew.  There was a running joke that it was very hard to hide things from JJY.  Unfortunately he used this skill of his and honed his predator instinct - this skill also allowed him to pick who he could safely share his videos with (without being outed).  A lot of the times he would turn up at set of 2D1N looking hung over.  He was estranged from his mother.  He was an online gamer (loaded with violence and sexual themes).  I always thought it was weird that he was on variety because he had a “bad boy” image.  Yet he kept fronting up to different varieties.  It was as if he was trying to escape his addictions/bad boy lifestyle by trying to make up for it with the good stuff.   So personally for me, I think him being “found out” was the “best” thing that could’ve happened to him.  I hope after he serves his sentence in jail, he will move to the West somewhere and get himself into rehab and start anew (I don’t think this is possible in Korea).  I saw genuine remorse in him.  He never once tried to parry the accusations levelled at him with excuses.  Unlike SeungRi.  <_<.  Does it make what he did any less disgusting?  No.  Justice has to be served.  But I believe forgiveness needs to be proffered as well to those who genuinely repent and want to start afresh.  Nobody can go back and make a brand new start, but anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.

EDIT - Stove League is catching my eye.  Ratings have been climbing.  I will start it to see what the hype is.  I thought it was just going to be a baseball drama (I know nothing about baseball so it didn’t interest me) but from comments in the thread, it’s a lot more...it sounds like a social commentary...and I am all for that. Hoping on for the ride.  :D

EDIT2 - Just watched Ep1.  Giving me all the right vibes.  It’s like Life (in a baseball setting).  Nam KoongMin is killing it and I like the female lead too.  Lots of parallels with Life... even a paraplegic brother maybe?  :huh:.  Gotta start picking up all the baseball jargon.

• Love 1
  • Insightful 1

You speak wise words @nrllee Yes nothing in life can be predicated with 100% accuracy. We all take our chances and pray that everything turns out well. LOL. In life, even if after all the intensive research something turns out to be not what we expected, we get upset, shocked, devastated. But there is nothing we can do. So even after all these research if you find an actor to be a jerk in real life how would you feel? Because as you said it's not always 100% accurate. You would definitely feel disappointed, I guess. I don't like that feeling myself. If I can save myself from being disappointed over a mere actor who I have not even met in real life, who doesn't even know I exist, who doesn't contribute to my personal life in any way, I definitely would do that. It saves me a lot of time and I can spend that time researching people in real life you know, who would mean something to me. LOL.

About JJY, I never knew who he was until this scandal. The only Jung Joon Hyung I knew was that extremely handsome oppa from weightlifting fairy. * Winks * @Dhakra. But seriously even if I knew this JJY and followed his works before and came to know about his real life persona, I would have been shocked definitely but I would not have been disappointed or devastated as his fans were. Meh.

Nrllee, we are two different people. And I like talking with people with different perspectives. I'm an eonamryu but I'm friends with @packmule3 so you get the idea. LOL. You can continue doing your research and I will continue being an ignorant oppa loving fangirl. Hahaha. 

Btw @packmule3 I was rewatching R1988 on Netflix last night and they have cut a whole lot of scenes that it lost all its meaning Netflix. I know, it's because of copyright and all that richard simmons, but it was so annoying. Ughhhhhhh

• Like 1

On 1/4/2020 at 4:00 PM, angelangie said:

well another substitute way is to dream and write a fanfic with urself being the FL ;) this is taught by @Sushimi who told me to write a fanfic of a drama of my own words since i couldnt get enough of the drama :D 

@angelangie, @Sushimi, HAVE you ever tried writing a fanfic? Care to share it with me? I tried writing several times 17 years ago. I wasn't able to finish even one story that I started writing. It's either I get stuck in the middle of the story or I don't know how to put a suitable ending. My aim was to have one published story before I turned 18, I failed. Writing and ME aren't simply meant to be. 

+2

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

You speak wise words @nrllee Yes nothing in life can be predicated with 100% accuracy. We all take our chances and pray that everything turns out well. LOL. In life, even if after all the intensive research something turns out to be not what we expected, we get upset, shocked, devastated. But there is nothing we can do. So even after all these research if you find an actor to be a jerk in real life how would you feel? Because as you said it's not always 100% accurate. You would definitely feel disappointed, I guess. I don't like that feeling myself. If I can save myself from being disappointed over a mere actor who I have not even met in real life, who doesn't even know I exist, who doesn't contribute to my personal life in any way, I definitely would do that. It saves me a lot of time and I can spend that time researching people in real life you know, who would mean something to me. LOL.

Wise words.  I don’t fan girl like most do.  I follow them like I do my son’s friends or my daughter’s friends.  It’s just that because they are celebrities there’s so much more information about them.  They are like science experiments for me (research subjects).  And I have fun predicting if something said about them is true or just fake news or not.  Whether it fits with their profile.  I am a bit disappointed if they fall but certainly not devastated.  Often what happens for me is then I go back and try to work out if there was something I missed or if I judged wrong.  It fine tunes my real life skills and helps when I am giving counsel to couples with marriage problems.  It helps me quickly work out the dynamics in a relationship so I am better equipped to help people in real life.  Which is why men of character pique my interest (real/celebrity).  What is it about them that makes them tick?  Can you pick out heroes in a crowd?  Or can anyone be a hero?  Why is it then that you see those YouTube videos of people in crowded trains and someone is being picked on overtly and everybody freezes or pretends not to see or is content to just film it and do nothing? :mellow: And on the rare occasion where someone actually steps in to intervene, do people step up too or do they just walk away?  I am probably speaking as a mother here.  I want my children to be those heroes.  To stand up and be counted because it’s hard to stick out and do the right thing.  So I “stan” these people, not the ones that just look good beautiful on the outside and I tell my children, “look, see that?  He did something right.  Copy that.”

No idea what an Eonammyru is but I guess it means you’ve been around for a while.  Packmule I love.  I think I am older than she is... wild guess based on background research and little tidbits picked up from chatting with her on her blog. :D  I just got on the KDrama bandwagon very late in life. :lol:

But you are right.  There’s no right or wrong about how to approach oppa fan girling.  To each her own.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

No lols, its 2014 drama :lol:

@thanie what genre is your story writing? Romance? Crime? Thriller? Fantasy? 

+2

Mostly romance, hihihi. For a beginner, I think it's the easiest to write. Everybody falls in love, experiences butterflies in the stomach and spents sleepless nights thinking about "that" significant others, so yeah (I sounded like Sushimi). There was even this Fantasy story that I wrote, the one where I got stuck in the middle coz I ran out of ideas, huhuhu! 

@Sejabin, that's why you cannot judge the book by it's cover. You have to read the entire story of that book from beginning to end ... then voice out your judgment. Your mom-in-law may appear bossy and a difficult person but deep inside, she has her soft side and good intentions. It's just that, for me, I think it's too much if she dictates what jewelry you have to wear. Lucky me, coz in our house, I am the Law ... yeah, the law-maker and law-breaker at the same time. 

So "arranged marriage" is still a practice in your country? Here in PH, only those of Chinese and Spanish descent practices it. Those from wealthy families who owns  collossal businesses and large corps. I don't want to sound offensive, as there are numerous soompiers from my country Ive encountered ... but "arranged marriages" here are more like business arrangement, corporate deals... one example are the bosses of the company that I'm working. They're 3rd cousins, they even have same family names but their marriage is an Arranged one. As what I've heard, they don't even share the same bed (lol, I'm nosy so I got to know that detail ... their driver told me). Fortunately, their marriage is very much Okay... 

I hope YOURS will be a fruitful and Peaceful marriage. To end this comment, coz I'm tired typing on a phone... A complete family is the best gift you can give to your children, provided that their parents love and respect each other. If Love makes the world go around, Respect gives it order! 

+2

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1