Add and Subtract Game

Admin

Did you know Aladdin story is set in Western China? It is only after Disney decided to move it to more East that it became what we are being served now. 

I checked out 2 eps of Angel's last mission and an episode of Absolute BF. Too early to say if I will drop or continue either of them.

• Like 1

@Lawyerh @Sejabin

Btw, I saw 2 of you were talking about Wallace Huo. His drama Love Me If You Dare is the one marked my comeback to dramaland after years of hiatus.... He was super hot as Prof. Bo....I watched almost all of his drama available for public....I passed his RuYi since I don't like harem drama but I will watch his drama with YM after it done airing....

+2

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

That's what happens when there is a big fanbase of the leads. Both ML and FL have their own fanbase and every single picture of them shooting or BTS will usually be uploaded to the thread. It gets tiring I agree when we want to focus on the story.

Hide contents

And from personal experience, FL fan base can get really defensive when bad things happen to her character, even though it is logical/required by how the story goes, bashing the characters who did those things to her. Similar things if we viewers dislike her character's decisions and actions.

I can't wait for the day FL play an antagonist character that everybody hates. As an actress, that is a great opportunity to showcase acting range, but I am guessing her fans will have difficult times handling "hatred" towards FL. 

Agreed , agreed , agreed .  Congrats on immortality! :D 

4 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

@ktcjdrama I learnt by chance  that FL was in my golden life with Park Si Hoo. I watched him in lovely horribly. I don't like him very much although they chose him as the most handsome Korean actor in votes :blink:

Btw congrats on reaching 30.000 points, I think it means immortal? 

I wish to be legend :) need 2000 points to go.

Hmmm that thread . Nightmare ! 

Spoiler

I had such a hard time as a new mod then . At the end on the thread, we send in stroppyse , who volunteered to watch  the drama & balance things out.  

Keep posting here , we help you reach 2000! 

@Lawyerh ahh it was extended ! No wonder . But I will finish it . By the way I saw his first stills / BTS for his new drama in August . 

Edited by Guest

10 minutes ago, triplem said:

Hmmm that thread . Nightmare ! 

must have been bad especially if it was one of your first threads... but yea, I did peek in as I was wondering whether to watch and decided not to watch because of the thread...

4 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:
7 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I watched Angel's mission, it is light, and has some comedy, but not very deep. I am watching just for fun. No need to get so worked up like they are doing in the main thread. Really I am rather surprised why they are showering the thread with sooooo many photos. it is very exhausting to have to dig through all those videos and photos. the first 16 pages are all instagram. I just got my eyes rolling. Anyway, I will just watch on my own.

That's what happens when there is a big fanbase of the leads. Both ML and FL have their own fanbase and every single picture of them shooting or BTS will usually be uploaded to the thread. It gets tiring I agree when we want to focus on the story.

Reveal hidden contents

@nohamahamoud2002 @ktcjdrama ~ maybe because I was new but in the first year at soompi, in one thread, I actually complained!! hahahah... they were initially surprised at why I was complaining but I told them that too many pics means soompi keeps crashing at my end and I wanted to chat about how good the actors are and the drama was -- I actually was enjoying the drama. but strangely enough, the fan base listened and actually started commenting, putting pics in spoilers and so it ended up becoming pleasant. actually became fun.

so yea, different experiences with fan bases. some have a good sense of humour. especially if it is a comedy drama and so they are able to separate the actor from the character. in that case, the entire thread ends up having a ball. in some, yea, you have to remind them that it is a criticism of the character and the actor is actually doing a good job if we are hating him/her. so then they are sort of reluctantly okay.. but in some cases, better to exit the thread!!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

C drama pros - How is Well Intended Love ? I saw it on Netflix ..

2 minutes ago, sushilicious said:

@triplem gonna throw a ball at you. Isn’t legend technically immortal already? How can you be a legend when you are still alive? (Okay maybe) but legends typically goes through a span of a few hundreds or thousand years, that’s why it’s called a legend...Hm..something is wrong here :joy:

Lol, this kind of question, you gotta ask Angie . She’s been here Long time . I never questioned its logic :lol:

@Lmangla i agree with the too many pics bit . People don’t realise why we have to put many pics in spoilers , cuz they don’t experience slow internet speed like some of us here . 

Edited by Guest

8 minutes ago, triplem said:

@Lmangla i agree with the too many pics bit . People don’t realise why we have to put many pics in spoilers , cuz they don’t experience slow internet speed like some of us here . 

yea, they don't know it and so it helps to explain the logic. once people understand why some of these rules exist, they are lot more understanding and realize that mods are not there to ruin the mood for the others.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

Dolphin Bay - he's gorgeous, love at first sight for me. The lady is just crazy for rejecting him. Lol

Westside Story - hes super cool & badass.... and i dont get it, but he cant get the girl again :astonished:

Chinese Paladin 3 - monk with unrequitted love. He looks so pure omg... You really should watch this.

Rouge Snow - hes an accountant who love his boss's wife. His character not much progress but i like his innocent side there.

A Mobile love story - drama not that famous but i like him as tortured guy whose left by his gf. 

Det. Tanglang - love the setting of premodern China. 

Among your lists the ones that I didn’t watch were Rouge Snow and A Mobile Love Story. I watched West Side Story’s snippets only. Most of his Taiwanese dramas were idol drama which isn’t my cup of tea so I only watched the snippets.

My favorite of his would be Battle of Changsa. His movie Hide and Seek is good also Inside or Outside with Oppa JangHyuk...

+2

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, triplem said:

C drama pros - How is Well Intended Love ? I saw it on Netflix ..

You will get diabetes cos the ML lead is unbelievably sweet and caring. (when you dismiss that in an another universe he could have been a creep!) :tounge_xd:

Edit: I forgot to mention '.... also incredibly HOT!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sushilicious said:

but you have to understand that people always tend to think oh, this is the Internet, we can post whatever we want, then this mod comes along and shut it down(it’s kinda like stopping someone from saying things they like or hate). It’s annoying to them, because freedom of speech is gone.

depending on where a person is from and what the rules (cultural + legal), there are different attitudes that come in to play here. some people see it as right while others see it as unnecessarily rude. there are different ways to say the same feel. so yea, especially as we are international community, these rules are very important as it would be very easy to misunderstand each other. and that does happen from time to time.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I have high respects for mods because you've gotta be neutral and tactful, be the peacekeepers. Love you guys :kiss_wink:

It's sad how some people attack mods, until I know one of our mods have to change name (the older soompiers would probably know whom I'm talking about) and I think she isn't a mod anymore now...?

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I think some people think they can let loose in the virtual world hence those nonsense online.  They forget that forum is a community that govern by rules implemented by the mods, the same with RL community where the real government implemented the rules. In RL some people tend to get violence when they didn't get they wanted, the same people who will attack the mods in a forum.

How difficult is that to appreciate each shortcomings and strengths especially online where majority people involve you don't even know? Ignore the insane ones because the sane ones should relent/yield. Indonesian said, "Yang waras, ngalah".

+2

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, sushilicious said:

The sane ones typically are the quietest. They know when to speak and when to shut. Crazy ones will just vomit rainbows everywhere.

Feels like we are having like a coffee/tea chat :sweatingbullets:

I love a hot discussion online and offline but I loathe the so called playground debate that usually leads to playground insults. Some people who are too stupid to follow the topic and will start hurling ad hominem don't deserve my time....:joy: Me and my children always got into a sort of healthy debate in order to prove our opinions, I have never baby talk my children since they were young and they were told as early as possible that throwing tantrums will get them no where. So whatever "proposal" they concocting, they have to present it in a proper way in order to get my approval. Good communication skill is the key, whether offline or online....

#SippingMyGenmaicha

+2

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, sushilicious said:

That's disgusting because it was just touching dirt. Think about it hahaha :crazy:. I thinking gagging him with a rock is fine. hahaha :naughty:

Btw, I won't be live streaming V3 tonight because it's the finale episode of Beautiful World. Am going to be live streaming that instead. 

• Love 1