Add and Subtract Game

Admin

1 hour ago, sushilicious said:

Lol. I can go throughout the entire drama without knowing the FL’s character’s name lol. FL doesn’t matter to me unless she plays a really strong character. 

Ah. I have this personal pet peeve,I hate FL who are weak, or they can’t protect themselves and have to wait for ML to come to the rescue...OMG. I cringe when I see it. 

there are rom-coms with strong female leads who are not dainty... one of my fav kdramas was such a riot because she didn't behave anything like a typical female lead -- her dream was literally to save a prince. yup, she saves. not he. ahhahahahh....

this was jang hyuk and jang nara's first drama. loved how she pushes him off the car in the end. hahahaha.. this was the opening for the drama "bright girl's success"; taging also @kokodus ....

• Like 2
  • Love 2

49 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I grew up eating yellow kaya. My maternal grandmother made the best kaya, so I haven't tasted kaya as good as her home made ones since her death many many years ago. But yeah, I'm trying to imagine tangerine flavored kaya too....

Me too, Kaya in my hometown always yellow. The green one they added food coloring....

+2

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@Lawyerh

Where is your kampung??? Mine is The Glorious Kalimantan....:glasses:

+2

add.

Tangerine flavored Kaya?!?! Kaya combo with marmalade?!?! Those who invented it need to be crucified, burn on stake with those Tangerine flavored Kaya hanging on their necks... No one allowed to messed up my Kaya....:skull:

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

and @sushilicious ~ bright girl's success was such a fun drama because she turns down his proposal and cue separation angst but it comes from a pretty hilarious reason....

Spoiler

have yet to see another drama where a girl's dream is to serve in the army! LOL... so because only single women can serve as volunteer soldiers, she tells him that she will do 2 year service and then marry him. he is like "why on earth do you want to serve? men don't wants to serve.. does that make sense? so I am supposed to be the girlfriend who waits for her oppa to finish military service?" :lol:

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

19 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

Yes jawa timur surabaya is. Haha i also no idea at all about kalimantan. And map is not my strongest point too... :joy:

I am from Kalimantan Barat, The Land of Beautiful Ladies....:joy::joy: As many outsiders assumed....:joy::joy: Or should I said, misconception?? :joy::joy:

+2

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

10 hours ago, sushilicious said:

That’s why I love Guest and FP’s female cast. They all kick butts. I mean...when will you see a FL head butt the ML?

Have you watched Lookout? The actress is a former amateur boxer & does all the action scenes herself. She’s pretty amazing & was doing the action scenes right into the 1st trimester of her pregnancy. The story  is great too . Kim Young Kwang is the ML. You should watch it . Also Life on Mars . FL can also kick butt . No fluffy romance in these dramas 

8 hours ago, staygold said:

KYK's new rom-com on its way right?

Yes , yes !! Whoppeeeeee.  I  am counting down . 

@Ameera Ali the angling of the kiss is no good . Bad bad PD. He kept using their heads to block view ! 

Edited by Guest

8 hours ago, cenching said:

Tangerine flavored Kaya?!?! Kaya combo with marmalade?!?! Those who invented it need to be crucified, burn on stake with those Tangerine flavored Kaya hanging on their necks... No one allowed to messed up my Kaya....:skull:

Tsk tsk 

@Lawyerh the hard sell not working on sushi ... lol! 

No numbers

8 hours ago, Lmangla said:

and @sushilicious ~ bright girl's success was such a fun drama because she turns down his proposal and cue separation angst but it comes from a pretty hilarious reason....

Reveal hidden contents

Coming to think of it are there any dramas of girls serving in the army ? I think SK is such a male dominated society, so rare to hear girls wanting to do that 

2 hours ago, triplem said:

Coming to think of it are there any dramas of girls serving in the army ? I think SK is such a male dominated society, so rare to hear girls wanting to do that 

There is one Taiwanese drama. Girl's Power.

PWzywc.jpg

@sushilicious just checked, still not subbed yet...

@Sejabin @Ameera Ali @Lawyerh have you watched the BTS of HPL for ep.5-6? Go watch in the main thread....:wub: I'm so giddy now because of KJW :wub:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, triplem said:
12 hours ago, Lmangla said:

Reveal hidden contents

@triplem ~ thats part of why I love this drama. people think that older dramas are boring and miss out on gems like this. yes the cinematography is not great and the fashions are kind of odd looking but really one has to look at the story.. there were lots of stuff that still remain fresh in this drama because it was atypical. (tagging @kokodus) ...

so mentioned the girl's dream but one of the other things that doesn't get covered often -- a chaebol who goes broke and conned. sometimes we see that almost like a flashback in revenge melos but to have that covered as part of plot in a rom-com?...

we are used to chaebols who are business smart in rom-coms...but here his journey deals with the aspect of going broke, the depression, the heartache and clawing his way back. this is the sort of thing that may get covered in a revenge melo but it is definitely far from rom-com territory.

think it is one of the reasons the drama had a 40% rating in its time though it is not well known now. it came out in 2000 after the asian financial crisis when there were many people who were struggling financially. remember my mom saying that actually both the leads have pathetic lives but they are so plucky that it is fun to watch them and it is not depressing...

and I share @stroppyse hesitation towards female leads who are in high school when they meet but here it worked because she is actually 2 years older than her classmates (at 19/20) -- so she failed one year LOL and had to drop out another due to her con artists parents. so now her focus is to settle the debt of her parents, graduate and go back home to the countryside -- so she has no time for what she feels is city folks nonsense hahahha... so how often do we see a female lead who is not competent and failed high school? LOL:lol:

and the drama had one of my favourite love confessions because it was kind of backwards. they both ask "why do you like me?" with a genuine puzzled air. -- how many dramas do that? in so many dramas, we have no idea why and sometimes it seems like that it has all to do with hormones and chemistry perhaps? :P

• Like 2

@Sejabin ~ so I checked out her private life ep 5 and all I can say is "hmmmm. :mellow:" hahahahhaha.... honestly, it was like every other TVN drama that I find disappointing. it has lots of gloss but no substance. without watching any of the other episodes, I understood ep 5.. there's an essential ingredient missing to what makes a drama fun -- conflict! without a central conflict/problem that the character is working through, a drama ultimately feels meaningless and lacks heart.. so maybe it is because I can't relate at all to her fangirl problem?... and I agree with you -- lion is super hot and smoldering and she just stands there.

@triplem ~ this girl seems to have a special talent for making the men smoulder while she stands there with the same exact dazed expression in every single drama. so basically people don't notice her and only notice the smolder of the man. hahahaha... she was so annoying in city hunter that I dropped the drama even though the story itself was interesting...

• Like 2

@Sejabin ~ kekeke... my tastes are pretty simple as well I think? hahahaha... ok, am not sure but yea, am not fan of super serious dramas because I watch dramas to relax. but what I meant is that romance dramas that really touch must have heart.

so let me give you an example. there is this drama called "wuri's family" which was the first drama for kim rae won as well as kim jae won! so some sub sites have it titled as "our house" and it is really old but I still remember the gist of the drama. kim rae won is a student and he falls in love at first sight with a deaf and dumb girl. the second lead is his best friend but he never saw her in a romantic light. his family is stunned at his choice of girlfriend and so they try to break these two up because they think second lead girl is better fit for him.

meanwhile, girlfriend comes from rich, protective family who think this fella will dump her eventually because she is deaf and dumb. both the families want to protect their kiddos but it was a very sweet first love story. kim jae won is the other second lead guy who is in love with second lead girl and has his own crisis issues where he is dealing with being the son of the mistress... and this was a light drama. not really melo. so it is not like you can't have fluff but when you have heart, you remember the drama even though you watched it years and years and years ago... I just miss watching romance dramas that had so much heart. :unsure:

• Like 2

@Sejabin ~ yea I don't like overly crying dramas and avoid those. so I knew 7 days was going to be sad and didn't bother. but I do like melo and makjang kind of genre as well as weekend and daily dramas. so yea, neither light nor heavy??? somewhere in between????

and winter sonata is weirdly addictive. watched it just to see what the hype was all about and got totally sucked into it. hahahahah. it is one of those dramas where you know it does not make sense but keep watching anyway! :sweatingbullets: hahahaha...

• LOL 1