Add and Subtract Game

Admin

kekeke... but what to do @sushilicious, am almost through suspicious housekeeper. another 2 episodes or so. maybe I will finish/start some of the other dramas on my watch list....

but am really loving it. so much fun to squeal and giggle over scenes that actually do not even sound romantic. everyone giggles over a kiss, a glance and more... here, I am laughing over a glare and people seeing the possibility of them together. it is not a love story. maybe it is almost love story.

basically the guy's dialogue sums it up well: because you and me are not in a situation where we can fall in love with someone. this isn't love and we aren't family. but then why do I worry about you? why would my kids look for you so desperately?

so basically a something-something story but before the romantic spark? where concern, protectiveness and responsibility play a huge role?

so you laugh when the villain moans "why do I feel like I am cheating on a married woman?" and she just glares and looks away silently... bwahahhaa... ^_^:lol:

and

when the guy's ex complains, you can't help but giggle...

ex: do you like her?

sang chul: no.

ex: but you are getting mad and protecting her when I speak about her

sang chul: but is because the kids are very attached. they see her like a mother

ex: so if she is like a mother, does that mean she is like a wife???

LOL...bwahahahha.... :w00t::phew:

sometimes, a something-something story is also fun. :D

• LOL 2

Dear @Ameera Ali did you manage to find your lost cat? I saw cat otw to office and remind me of you :tears: i hope you did find it...

thank god & my next door neighbour I found him , he not allowed to go out today , so he keep annoying me while watch TYH 

3B8D2159-8B51-4242-8271-B2050C72C257.gif

• Like 1

waaah, finished and it was lovely! great ending. after a long time, a binge watch. now, what to catch up on.. @triplem ~ forgot to tell you but do you remember the kid actor who played the lead in come hug me when he was in high school? in suspicious housekeeper, he was still a kiddo who is small and gets bullied because he is smaller than his classmates. :sweatingbullets:... and cleaning with passion girl -- well she is still in high school in this one. so funny to watch kid actors become close to leads now... makes me feel like such an aunty! LOL.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

@cenching, continuing the conversation started in TYH, how long is the list of words that you've found in common between teochew and Korean? I'm just curious because while I've noticed words here and there in watching various c-dramas and t-dramas, I haven't been keeping a list or anything.

I started my list with TYH, so far the one I was able to listed down is only a few because I am still trying to listen more of the tones...Since in Chinese, tones are important....While of course, there are many  Mandarin in Korean as well like jealous, exercise, king etc....While in TeoChew:

Student = HakSeng

Heart = SimJang

Stirring/touching as in feeling  = KamTong

Concern = GwanSim

• Like 1

waaah, my last spazz as I can't help it.  the guy actually gasped and cried when she finally gave a small smile in tears. :wub:

something that struck me while watching is if the look of romance changes with life stages and experiences.

both of them are here in their 30s and recovering from a tragedy and difficult life challenges. so rather than a giddy, keekek kind of romance, it has a different feel. instead conversations where they admit their frailties and concerns seem so much intimate? where the right to worry and need to protect has more passion? it is almost as if the mundane life of managing this household together created a bond. while boring, it is deeper than what one would expect?

• Like 1

Just now, sushilicious said:

I think @cenching you walk to a tea shop in Korea. Can I have Cha please. NokCha. Haha 

Pretty sure Nok Cha is green tea.

+2

Nope....:joy:....Che is green but Cha is Cha laaah.....:joy: Hokkien kak TeoChew tampok tampok sio jien lha...:joy:   Translated, Hokkien and TeoChew have some similarity....

• Like 2

4 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I am sooo happy that neither Korean nor English are tonal languages. :D

Actually there are so many words in Korean that I still need to clarify because of the tones.....I am watching TYH while taking notes but the sugar got me high and the fluff blinded and deafen me so I think I need to encore a complete episodes after it ends in order to lengthen my list....:joy:

Btw, did my small list is correct in Korean??

• LOL 3

2 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Yes. I might spell the consonants slightly differently, e.g. you wrote GamTong, and I would probably romanticize that word as GamDong, but the words are clearly recognizable. Good job!

See, I am watching TYH for educational/literature purposes.....:joy:  #PattingMyselfAtTheBack

• LOL 3

so just was reading the articles on the whole burning sun scandal and all the different fall outs and was wondering how messages from 2015-2016 came out now.... according to comments, it was a phone technician! apparently, there is some article that says someone's phone crashed and they sent it to be repaired and the person repairing the phone saw these messages, was shocked and tipped off a lawyer and reporter...

• Like 1
  • Love 1