Add and Subtract Game

Admin

The Player 2....Lee Soo Hyuk Oppa cameo... :fullofhearts:

the action scene was pretty good and the car scene was totally unexpected. But it is a villain role. 

GRDpoenXcAAiuE0?format=jpg&name=small

GRDmGerWsAAvEig?format=jpg&name=360x360

Modern Weekly Magazine

GRNDHlzaMAAY8fR?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1

10 hours ago, rocat said:

A question I have…

I did not understand why Duke Su fought in the war at the end when he is not a military general but it seems he might have both military and bureaucratic responsibilities. I thought he only had the latter.

But I was under the impression that only Princes have both. Like William and Harry.

He had sent ceremonial military weapons as a gift to XFF/Jiang Li, forming part of her welcome parade home - a purely administrative officer won’t have that. Or was it cos of his lineage having come from a family of generals?

@rocat and maybe he was also the emperor's childhood close friend/confidant🤔that's why he had all that privilege/benefits , and also Duke Su as you mention came from the family of generals,(father and grandfather) we can just only speculate😊

Spoiler

---

translate pls. @MayanEcho😍 the written in the pic.🙏

meguro ren with matsumoto jun  : https://instagram.com/stories/sn_meg

@rocatthoughts on Princess Royal

Spoiler

I’ve watched all aired episodes (11 so far)

In the beginning, I was seriously baffled as to why Pei Wenxuan would want to be close to the princess again when he was killed because of her in his previous life. But then as the episodes went on, I realized that his regrets probably outweighed whatever emotions he felt when he died. That man had pined for that woman throughout their estrangement. He may have regretted how everything went down so much that when life gave him a second chance, he saw that as an opportunity to do what he thought he should have done in their first life.

On the other hand, I think Li Rong’s hatred for him was valid (assuming she thought that he killed her). I also thought that she’s mean and overbearing. But then again, she came from the royal family. She has the family background, the education, and the prestige to match her arrogance. She’s spoiled basically.

Idk yet if I’m going to like her character but I kind of understand why she became that way. 

What’s interesting also  about their relationship is that, their pact from their first life in some odd way was a literal let’s ride-or-die with each other, even as their marriage fell apart. And she’s not also observant for not seeing PWX’s feelings, but she genuinely wants him to not be alone. 

3 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

I saw rumours in soc med that Wang Xingyue was handed the script and might play Yuwen Yue in Princess Agents Season 2 @rocat @WeunXK 

🤞:Please:be true

====

@rocat@MayanEcho@joccu @gm4queen?

cto

• LOL 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

9 hours ago, rocher22 said:

The Player 2....Lee Soo Hyuk Oppa cameo..

LSY also makes a good vampire ☺️

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

I saw rumours in soc med that Wang Xingyue was handed the script and might play Yuwen Yue in Princess Agents Season 2 @rocat @WeunXK 

Yeah! I saw that too. I have not watched the first one...kekekeke.....and wonder what the character Yuwen Yue is like. Shall go google. They said one of the reasons why he was offered, other than him being so popular now, is that he resembles Li GengXin, the original actor in the first one.

~afternote~
I read a review of the show and of Yuen Yue’s character - totally up WXY’s alley! 
It’s 70 eps! :crazymad:

2 hours ago, WeunXK said:

and maybe he was also the emperor's childhood close friend/confidant🤔that's why he had all that privilege/benefits , and also Duke Su as you mention came from the family of generals,(father and grandfather) we can just only speculate😊

Hehe, yep. That we must do cos there is not a lot of backstory. Professions (skill-based) are passed down from father to son in that time. So if the Duke weren't so filled with hatred towards his grandfather, he might have lived with the old guy and wear armour instead of his beautiful red cape. Who did he live with then at that young age? The emperor? Explains his position as Duke (a position usually accorded to those close to royalty) and his Sherlock Holmes-y red cape. 

(PS: I was mad over Benedict Cumberbatch's Sherlock Holmes when it aired over BBC. 😆)

houghts on Princess Royal

Agree! Am also at Ep11.

Spoiler

his regrets probably outweighed whatever emotions he felt when he died.

I think so too. It was really a second chance for him to be brave, be the one to step forward and say what he really wants to say. And stop justifying his actions because of insecurity and protecting his pride!

And she’s not also observant for not seeing PWX’s feelings, but she genuinely wants him to not be alone. 

The princess is also prideful and has an image/reputation to protect as a royal. She'd rather bear the pain than admit that she was very hurt by his indecision between her and Qin ZhenZhen. I see that as her turning point. 

Both are stubborn and put themselves first in their relationship which would never develop well unless they cast pride and insecurity aside. Being real has helped them in the second life thus far methinks - they cleared the air about a few things already.

I'm mostly the non-edibles 😄

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

@rocat🥰 @MayanEcho🤩

This handsome Duke, embodying both wisdom and courage, love-struck yet strategic, is attracting countless fans. Which of the following labels💌do you think fits Xiao Heng the most?

https://x.com/YoukuOfficial/status/1807258178180301236

5 hours ago, rocat said:

Who did he live with then at that young age? The emperor? Explains his position as Duke (a position usually accorded to those close to royalty) and his Sherlock Holmes-y red cape. 

:approves:The Double is a hit in China they deserve it👏☺️🤗

Spoiler

5 hours ago, rocat said:

It was really a second chance for him to be brave, be the one to step forward and say what he really wants to say.

cto

5 hours ago, rocat said:

I'm mostly the non-edibles 😄

me will be ref. and the multi-task Pot+the honey 😂

=====

:joy:

adding

Spoiler

• Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 2

@WeunXK with the aid of DeepL 🙂

"You look scary but you're actually very kind, Jun-kun.

You've always been really good to me ♡.

"The weakest king without BABA will start at 9:00 p.m.

"@jun matsumoto mj"

Meme is big on gratitude, one of his most endearing qualities.

Hmm, I'm not quite a fridge nor a pot, though I often end up being the teapot without asking or wanting to. Sigh. Depending on the situation I can be the toaster, milk, cheese, honey, or bread. 😅

I'm choosing Doraemon 😁 Ah, it's one of my fave characters.

Doraemon-12-1024x576.jpg

ctto

3 hours ago, rocat said:

I read a review of the show and of Yuen Yue’s character - totally up WXY’s alley! 

I've a copy of the translated novel, so I'm quite happy there just might soon be a season 2, maybe around a year or so from now? Hehehe.

The drama was alright, but I dislike so much the filler scenes that took up so much episodes. I also like Zhanilia Zhao, but her obviously dyed hair in the drama, nah. Sadly, no more Deng Lun to possibly reprise his role Xiao Ce - he was the exact description in looks and demeanour of this character in the story.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

closeup-with-Spanish-potato-croquettes-r

ctto

It's almost Monday 🫠

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 2

Which of the following labels💌do you think fits Xiao Heng the most?

Definitely Doraemon.

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

maybe around a year or so from now? Hehehe.

Lolz! Yeah…I keep getting notifications of upcoming dramas but they’re more like in the pipeline, so far at the other end that you’re not sure if they’re there.

Funny tidbit I read about The Princess Royal and why it aired in mere months instead of at least a year after filming…the director hasn’t had a film of his released in 5 years!

Took pity on him. Kekeke.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 2

@rocat the trailer of 3rd Detective Chinatown drama has a couple glimpses of Victor Ma in skirt and dress 😅

Chen Zhe Yuan was still quite young when they filmed. 

48 minutes ago, rocat said:

the director hasn’t had a film of his released in 5 years!

Oooo, why's that, the story/ies is/are controversial, someone from the cast did something shady, or censors just won't pass his films? 

Good afternoon from the sandpit @rocher22 😁 

Portuguese-Chicken-Burgers_600px_5_Featu

ctto

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

54 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

the trailer of 3rd Detective Chinatown drama has a couple glimpses of Victor Ma in skirt and dress

Oyy, did I just see an Orange leotard on him?! 

Cheng Xiao looks good here! I much prefer her with dark hair. And Chen Zheyuan looks very young…and goofy! 

57 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

why's that, the story/ies is/are controversial, someone from the cast did something shady, or censors just won't pass his films? 

Not mentioned but one of the films is a republican era one with Dylan Wang and Zhou Ye released last year that I didn’t watch ( not my genre). Pretty clean leads. 

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 3
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, rocat said:

Oyy, did I just see an Orange leotard on him?! 

Orange bodycon dress 😆

Also, red crop top and beige miniskirt 😅

1 hour ago, rocat said:

Not mentioned but one of the films is a republican era one with Dylan Wang and Zhou Ye released last year that I didn’t watch ( not my genre). Pretty clean leads.

Are there problems with Republican eras dramas... cos that vampire drama of Vengo is also Republican era.

Orange-Pretzel-Parfait.jpg

ctto

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Love 1

Promo for The Princess Royal

Spoiler

240630 | Zhang Linghe & Zhao Jinmai

(Source: weibo.com, via si-sena)

====

@rocat any comments of  this observation🤔

Right after coming off the hype of The Double and starting The Princess Royal, I am trying to figure out why the attention toward princess royal is so less

• Visuals A+ the leads in both drama acted pretty good. Looked way too pretty
  • Princess Royal’s budget went into everything, costume, location etc. Double’s budget went into wind blowers and Wang Xing Yue’s capes.
  • Story Wise, ngl the grand princess is leaps and bounds better than marriage of the di daughter
  • Princess Royal hasn’t strayed even a little (I am really surprised at this) from the source material up to episode 12. Double had to make a lot of adjustment to their original story

So in conclusion, cdrama world is weird, you never know what will pop.👍  

hold your horses i just saw spoilers of the boat scene🥰image

this is gonna get goooood

-------

Spoiler

@MayanEcho thank for the translation💝

Spoiler

====

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 2

8 hours ago, WeunXK said:

any comments of  this observation

I’m reading the novel for The Princess Royal and got to the part shown in ep 11.

I stopped to appreciate how 20 years of repressed emotions and pain, buried under politicking and cunning, became music to my ears. 

Spoiler

Pei Wenxuan interrupted her and shouted: “I didn’t have those kinds of feelings for her when I was young!”

“I never thought about her. I never missed her. I never went out and saw a hairpin on the street that I wanted to buy for her, and never have I thought about wanting to kiss her.”

“But later on, I met someone,” Pei wenxuan looked at Li Rong, his eyes tinged with a glistening watery layer, as if bearing a trace of a smile, “I was happy when I saw that she was happy, and I was worried when I saw her upset. When I see her looking at a hairpin, I will keep it in mind, and when she smiles, I feel that there could not be another winter in this world.”

“I miss her when she’s not here. Even when I’m just going to the official bureau, I think of writing back to her. I would think about how many children we would have, and how I want to grow old with her.”

“Because the only person I have loved and lost,” Pei Wenxuan laughed. It was the kind of smile that was on the verge of tears: “…is you, Li Rong.”

-cto

It was very well written in the novel and also a well executed scene by ZLH - one of his best scenes by far. It’s a definite turning point in a predictable story that has ambled along.

C.f. The Double. 
The Double had more exciting, suspenseful moments where the story changes - the characters were more extreme and their journeys were perilous. It brought the audience through a whole range of emotions in a fast-paced manner with a storyline that is as temperamental as Princess Wanning.

I worried for the characters I was rooting for and kept wondering about what they’d do next.  There was pain of betrayal, haplessness, bravery, intelligence, sweet revenge, with more peaks than troughs that you overlook the odd parts. I mostly like that the FL is a strong one who knows how to turn things to her advantage, including giving us the thrill of trusting (and winning over) dangerous men.  Kekeke. 

I also think WXY’s eyeliner and beguiling smirks helped a lot. That’s the shallow but necessary in showbiz bit about its success. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

adding abt. The Jade Cat Pendant

In battle, Xiao Heng bites into a white jade cat pendant belonging to Xue Fangfei, whom he affectionately calls “Xiao Li Mao” (little leopard cat). Jade represents human virtues in traditional Chinese culture. As the Confucian saying in the Book of Rites goes: “A gentleman never parts with his jade without a reason.” Jade pendants were worn on the body as a constant reminder of one’s virtues. In The Double, Xiao Heng keeps A'Li’s pendant close to him. It is a token of love, respect, and their shared quest for justice.
According to Chinese folklore, it is good luck for a stray cat to enter the house, as “cats bring five blessings, cats enter blessed places.” Similarly, jade carvings of cats were believed to bring good fortune and health to their owners. Xue Fangfei treasures her jade pendant. It was given to her by her father, who hoped it would bring her protection and a smooth and peaceful life.
The cat-shaped pendant also represents Xue Fangfei herself, her ability to survive in harsh environments, and how, like a stray cat, she unexpectedly enters Xiao Heng’s life and captures his heart. (
x)

===== 

:Woah:🤫🫢ThePrincessRoyal releases new vid of #zhanglinghe as pei wenxuan:scream: @rocat🔥🔥

Spoiler

From ep 13 previews and I love this shot. Sometimes a girl boss team comprised of a princess, her ex, and the girl she thought was her ex’s old flame.cto

@rocat:Megalol:That last scene in episode 12 is the perfect example of the saying “you are your own worst enemy”

Spoiler

7324061342e5b7003fafa1c0bb19006cb9432a29

cto

++++

Some people are hating on Li Rong after episode 12, saying she was a vicious who deserves to be used by Su Rongqing…and that she doesn’t deserve Pei Wenxuan. I disagree ,She has flaws and sometimes I have shouted “girl no” at the screen because she does jump to the wrong conclusions a lot. Her personality has been moulded by the palace environment. She is proud, privileged and keeps her emotions reserved. Imagine a princess (mind you, she’s an eldest daughter) growing up in a palace where almost every person she’s interacted with is power hungry, even her mother and father. The treachery and bloodshed she must have witnessed. All over power. In her past life, she bent to all that. She would do what the powerful people wanted.

She desperately wanted to find a trusted companion in Pei Wenxuan because she thought he is not from the palace and won’t go after power. She thought he will choose her and love her for her, Li Rong and not The Princess Royal. But in comes the trust issues when she sees him with Zhenzhen in his arms. She had taken one step forward in trusting him but then she took three steps back.

Because trusting and communicating isn’t her forte. I get that people are mad because Pei Wenxuan has put his heart out to her and she is still doubting him. 

I don’t know what choice she will make in episode 13 but despite whatever choice she makes, I just want to point  out there that her trust issues come from complex, dark emotions and memories and not because the writer wrote a stupid and cruel female lead.  If everyone was perfect from day one what is even the point of a story? right @rocat

------

:yay:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 2

:waves: guys!

Dropping by after sometime. How are you guys doing? Can't believe that July is already here. :scream: It's raining first thing in the morning! Hope you guys are all doing fine! :heart4:

By the way, I see you guys always share japanese drama stuff in the game thread! Do we really don't have threads for J- drama land? :o I am sure you guys will love talking about them in their respective Japanese threads. :wub: If you can't find any, you can always ask help from my fellow moderator @SC2019 in that case! I guess it would be more interesting for you guys... :heart1:

I've been too busy as a freelancer. Sharing some love with you guys! Hope @WeunXK chingu would love my 3d artwork! :lol: I can't help it if you guys feel hungry!!! Ha ha ha.. :joy:

GRYT2NTb0AAP9BQ?format=jpg&name=medium

See you... :)

+2

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

what's that uproar now over the leaking of some unreleased scenes shot of The Double?

Over-zealousness methinks. 

@WeunXK and I spoke briefly about it - my thoughts shared:

It caused such a ruckus mainly because people had to pay to watch the 5-min HEA ending and the general discontent that a bad ending for such a well-loved character is not a logical ending. Plus, killing his two aides in the last quarter of the show did not help. 

I was a little annoyed - they burst my bubble. Kekeke!

The company issued an formal apology and retracted all those images they posted. I understood that they wanted to show WXY’s range and perhaps to continue the buzz surrounding their new star. But, it didn’t turn out they way they thought it would. A lesson they’ll learn from.

Yu Zheng being the drama queen that he is came out to say that those pics were circulated without his expressed permission and it was a blasphemous act on his work of art and also that he would fire all the people working in WXY's studio. So many voices started to speak for and against WXY, triggered not only by this but by a couple of other rumours.

One of which is lying about his age (he's 22) and netizens started to dig up old pics of hospital records to verify. I mean this boy, when he takes on a serious role, exudes maturity and gravitas that can deceive the many sharp-eyed, attesting to his ability to adapt/act. I was pleasantly surprised when I found out how young he was but to doubt his character and subject him to such a petty investigation is rather vile. 

The latest one I read about is actually saesang-level nuts. I am not sure how but people went into his online purchase account and flagged out that he bought a women's nightie. As you can imagine, all kinds of strange theories appeared.

It seems that is what happens to an actor when he/she gets popular in China. Rite of passage. 😳 This boy needs a strong PR team. He's just started and the rumours are still manageable. But I hope he won't meet worse and end up like what Xiao Zhan had to face.

1 hour ago, WeunXK said:

releases new vid of #zhanglinghe as pei wenxuan

Kekeke...gratitous bathing scenes. Is that milk he is in?

1 hour ago, WeunXK said:

She had taken one step forward in trusting him but then she took three steps back.

That is good storytelling - creates tension and angst for the audience in the fourth wall. 

1 hour ago, WeunXK said:

I just want to point  out there that her trust issues come from complex, dark emotions and memories and not because the writer wrote a stupid and cruel female lead.  If everyone was perfect from day one what is even the point of a story? right @rocat

Exactly!!

Off to watch the next eps of Princess Royal on my last free day!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1