Do you know Tsundere?

Guest MatsuKenLove

Guest MatsuKenLove

BoZL-xHIYAAvyY3png-large_zpscb0a9c6f.png

Hi Soompi!

Does anyone know the expression Tundere? It means Tsun ツン (has a haughty air) Dere デレ(but a wheedling child inside) in Japanese 

For example, look at this manga;

A guy:  Huh? today’s your birthday? no, nothing for ya

how should I manage to buy something like pink sneakers with a ribbon  that you wanted so bad.

A girl;  How do you know?

A boy:  where only women customers are, the colorful and cute shop, how could person like me go?

A girl:   how do you know?

A boy:  why the hell should I go that kind of place only b/c I wanted to see your happy face or something.  Don’t be such a baby!

A boy:  oh, I found this thing on the ground.

This kind of lovable personality we see often in Korean drama^^   Please share some funny stories of tsundere people you know.

Guest MatsuKenLove

That's how you take this kind of personality different from me.  Some of the people may find Tsundere character interesting, maybe.  Or my English was not well explained.  That was the problem. If I find no replies, maybe it's not interesting, then I'll delete it later. 

Most shounen manga romance I read so far (and not even a lot) have tsurende girls as main characters.
Torodora, Masamune-kun no revenge, and Horimiya to name a few.
And yes, this kind of character is very popular in Korean drama world especially the male characters (Heirs is the one that immediately popped into my mind). I didn't know the term tsurende was for anyone who appears to be stuck-up yet get all mushy when their love interest is around. I thought it was only a term for girls. I didn't know that the term applied for guys too.

Guest MatsuKenLove

13infamyss, Thanks for sharing!
I am glad that you agree with me that this kind of character is so famous in Korean drama, Japanese manga, on where girls fans tend to be hooked. Yes, this term is for anybody.  I often see Tsundere Ouji (tsundere prince) many places, esp when they are truly in love and he, himself recognizes it but denies it in public since he doesn't like to be beaten (by whom?) just because of his shyness and high pride.  I just google searched and found what Torodora, Masamune kun and etc.  haha those gils are cute.  I understand why Tsundere girls are essential in manga stories.  If  it were not for their character, romantic comedies would soon end.  Those stubborn boys/girls usually throw the stories into confusion, which is fun. 

^Yes. I think Tsundere is more popular in shounen manga rather than shoujo. Typical shoujo depicts transparent girls who are very easy to read and predict, and so when I started venturing out into shounen romance, I found that their girls are typically the stuck up and the main guys end up bending for them. In any case, these girls are like really terrors at school. Especially Taiga from Toradora; she's so tiny, yet everyone's scared of her. But when it comes to the person she likes, she stutters, does craziest things one could never imagine.
Also! I almost forgot! When you said Tsundere prince, he immediately came into my mind, and I can't believe I missed mentioning him in my other post. Tsukasa Doumyouji of Boys Over Flowers! Oh gosh, there's our straight up tsurende "ore-sama". XDD

Tsundere simply means submissive girls who have high self pride who still do whatever their lover told them but they do it by trying to not diminish their self pride as much as possible.

Archived