[Drama 2014] Pride and Prejudice 오만과 편견

jerebtang

Guest thecandyce

Hi guys, here's the recap of the fourth teaser ---> http://dongchiyeolmoo.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/pride-and-prejudice-fourth-teaser-dong-chi-and-yeol-moos-budding-romance/

For convenience's sake, it's here too.

XCAmtif.jpg

What’s a drama without drama? MBC recently released its fourth and last installment of the teasers leading up to the highlight preview of the thrilling legal drama “Pride and Prejudice”. The initial parts of the fourth teaser are the same as that of the third teaser, but the later part has new scenes with so much emotion injected in them that they leave me licking my lips in anticipation.

DlNR8vD.jpg

5L9iKDn.jpg

After Han Yeol-moo (Baek Jin-hee) was harshly reprimanded by Head Prosecutor Moon Hee-man (Choi Min-soo) (as shown in the recap of Teaser 3 v.1.), she steps out of the office – probably for some fresh air. Whilst she’s outside, with her hands tucked into her well-cut black coat, she’s met by Gu Dong-chi (Choi Jin-hyuk), who thrusts a few sheets of case material to her. He then tells her not to worry, because he’s got the case covered. Both his tone and his gaze are reassuring and warm, and that moment it’s as though he’s discarded all hierarchy to give the dismayed Yeol-moo some solace. Yeol-moo responds by warning him not to snatch her case. Though the contents of her answer seem rude and antagonistic towards someone who’s trying to offer her comfort, the look in her eyes is quite the contrary. A fleeting sense of relief passes her eyes, and in that same moment, I felt that the trust she has in him compound.

6UT1do9.jpg

XCAmtif.jpg

We next have a scene of Yeol-moo staring into the dark of the night, murmuring that she’s scared. It’s not your typical ‘damsel-in-distress’ wailing about how fearful she is of losing her loves and whatnot. Yeol-moo’s tone proves that she is genuinely scared about her predicament, yet there’s a sense of conviction in her voice conveying to whoever she’s speaking to that despite her fear, she’ll fight to her very last breath.

But then, the scene changes to one of Yeol-moo climbing the steps up, and Dong-chi following closely behind. In reply to her earlier murmur, he growls at her: “That’s why I’m here for you.” That one statement pretty much sums up a plethora of emotions – frustration, concern, and possibly, the tiniest spark of love.

qZa2hSj.jpg

XYVnvRg.jpg

The next scene then depicts Dong-chi standing in front of Yeol-moo’s room in hesitation, and Yeol-moo sitting on her bed, looking over sheets of paper, eyes glazed with tears. It’s a truly emotional moment – Dong-chi stands outside, deliberating in silence whether he should go in; Yeol-moo sits alone and tears up in silence; the voiceover has Dong-chi’s mellow voice questioning: “What am I to you?”

PERSONAL OPINION:

Despite its length, this may just be the best teaser yet. No doubt it included a vast range of emotions that the other teasers purposefully excluded, but all these emotions were not exaggerated. They hit the right notes and hiked up the right emotions from me – instead of gaudy drama that makes me laugh at the ridiculity, they instead used convicted tones and trembling words veiled behind attempts to recover their strength to make me feel much sympathy for our leads.

It was this teaser that made me fully convinced of Dong-chi and Yeol-moo’s chemistry not as just a lovey-dovey, fluffy rom-com pairing, but as two people struggling to come to terms with their rapidly changing emotions. Choi Jin-hyuk did an amazing job at emphasizing Dong-chi’s concern for Yeol-moo, at the same time being unsure and almost afraid of his own growing feelings for Yeol-moo. Baek Jin-hee deserves no less credit for her outstanding performance – she managed to portray fear without sounding like a weak doormat. Instead, she took her place as a prosecutor who’s neither too strong nor too weak, but human in her strengths, human in her fears.

Overall, I’m impressed, and am extremely excited for next Monday. Catch “Pride and Prejudice” on MBC at 10pm KST.

- laura

Cr. @booha on Soompi for the screencaps

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lalice0_0742

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; overflow: hidden; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"Pride and Prejudice “오만과 편견” Press Conference - Highlight Video

Guest adikkeluangman

#Chowooshik [MBC Pride and Prejudice] Press Conference! Can you find Wooshik in a group? :)
10734151_963048463712015_248783737301968
via JYP Actors
More CWS and drama cast pictures from news outlet.B0m82EhCUAAT7Tp.jpg

B0m9uZwCUAAm3B0.jpgB0m-mx0CEAI9TCN.jpgB0m_pN5CAAA9uvS.jpgB0nE_cLCcAAKYQR.jpg

class="content-title" style="font-weight: normal; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 23px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"“Pride and Prejudice” Choi Jin Hyuk Gets in Baek Jin Hee’s Face in New Stills
“Pride and Prejudice” Choi Jin Hyuk Gets in Baek Jin Hee’s Face in New Stills

With its first broadcast just a couple of days away on October 27, MBC’s new Monday-Tuesday drama “Pride and Prejudice” has released some stills giving a sneak peek into an intense scene between leads Choi Jin Hyuk (Goo Dong Chi) and Baek Jin Hee (Han Yeol Mu).

In the drama, Choi Jin Hyuk and Baek Jin Hee meet as a 10-year veteran chief prosecutor and a trial prosecutor, and are constantly bickering back and forth and butting heads. In the new stills released, Choi Jin Hyuk is shown with Baek Jin Hee backed up against a wall, giving her a very intense look, while in other stills, the two are joking and smiling off-camera.

pride and prejudice

“Pride and Prejudice” is about the struggle of prosecutors who find the meaning of justice by putting law, principle, love, and people above everything else. It will be directed by PD Kim Jin Min, who directed “The Time Between Dog and Wolf” and “God of War,” and written by Lee Hyun Joo of “School 2013.”

The first episode airs on October 27.

Credit Soompi

Awww the new stills... Makes me

tumblr_inline_n9i0bkqfU61qkrzqq.gif

@ALL ...special mention @PolarisCat @booha @meomongco @MarjorieA @thecandyce (pardon if I missed your name, so many to thank really)....Thank you so much for translation, teasers, vids, screencaps, recaps and FMVs. 
You gals/guys are all superb! :-bd Please don't stop ^___^
Look forward to more posts and insights from all as the drama gets ready to air on the 27th.

Can't wait for PP to begin ...Can't wait to see uri OTP uri ChemiCouple uri Kimchi CP (is this their official CP name? hmm...) CJH, BJH...sizzle our screens ...Can't wait to see veteran actors like SCM, CMS, JHS, KNW... pull their punches and grab our eyeballs too ...Can't wait to see how our spazzing will create more sparks, which am pretty sure this thread will explode come 27th :) (not that it hasn't somewhat exploded alr...LOL)
3 more days to go [-( :!!Team PP and Fandom PP...Fighting \:D/

Guest thecandyce

Oh @jadecloud , you put things very aptly.

As the official broadcast date draws nearer and nearer, my thankfulness and gratefulness towards all of us PP girls just grows drastically, really. I used to be in idol/idol fandoms, you see, but I genuinely enjoy the sort of peace and acceptance amongst us. Like it's nice to see everyone receptive of Jin-hyuk/Jin-hee despite us being fans of them separately prior to the casting news of the drama. And all the spazzing, all the timely, frequent updates and all the mutual support - it makes me very heartened.

It's funny, but even before the drama has started, I feel so close to this fandom already :) And I adore this fandom to bits T-T I adore all of you to bits T-T So yes, this is @ALL ♥

Special mention to @jadecloud @chaybags55 @ChelseaS @celes80 @PolarisCat @irilight @MarjorieA @valsava @ell4u for being so sweet and welcoming though I'm so new to this T-T

And thank you to @booha for the translations (and sorry that I badger you so much for it but know that I ♥ you and your stuff, as corny as it sounds)

Also thank you to @jerebtang for updating the first page all the time! I love to see everything so organized and detailed ♥

SO PP GIRLS LETS ENJOY OUR NEXT TWO MONTHS TOGETHER ♥ TEAM PP FTW ♥

SO EXCITED FOR MONDAY T-T

Guest chaybags55

@thecandyce‌ yes chingu glad you are so into this thread, I so love your personal opinions, your insights and take note those are only teasers. Looking forward that this will be  a legal drama blended with cute and romantic scenes between the OTP.. We are here to support both CJH and BJH  and so much expectation on the adorable chemistry onscreen. As CJH fan, I so love what BJH stated in the press conference, that among the actors she worked with, CJH is the best. She went on describing him as affectionate person.. and CJH taking good care of her on the set.With the growing closeness and fondness with each other, hope this friendship transcends well onscreen making us get excited, titilated and get in love with their cute and romantic scenes.. Cant wait to watch EP 1 . 
and to all PP ladies , let us enjoy the ride with our sizzling OTP!! CJH, BJH and the whole cast of PP ..CHEERS!!!

Guest meomongco

thecandyce said:
SO PP GIRLS LETS ENJOY OUR NEXT TWO MONTHS TOGETHER ♥ TEAM PP FTW ♥

SO EXCITED FOR MONDAY T-T

So, it's quite late but i want to say thank you so much for your posting teaser reading. It's so good. And i hope that you will be enjoying with us for the drama.
Have a nice time.:)

Guest thecandyce

Oh my gosh girls I'm so sorry to interrupt the sweet peace we have but you have got to see this...

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/10/actor-choi-min-soo-declares-he-doesnt-like-singer-turned-actors-and-netizens-agree

I don't know what to make of it. Personally speaking I'm not that fond of idol actors who are inexperienced and get roles in dramas solely based on their looks, but I won't generalize and say that all of them are amateurs in the acting field. I've been pretty impressed by Lee Jin, Sung Yuri, Yoochun and many others, so at the end of the day I think that making idol actors seem like some sort of stigma isn't fair to those who are truly jacks of all trades.

Also, as much as I respect Choi Min-soo and I know that he has a fond relationship with the rest of the cast, I think that it wasn't that nice for him to say it after Tae-hwan talked about his album. Whether he did things well or not, you've got to give the kid some credit for surviving the industry enough to hold two projects at once.

As shocking as this is, it doesn't affect my ardent emotions towards P&P. I still love and adore the cast and the plot and our lovely fandom to bits ♡

On a happier note... Our fandom has been alive for almost a month ♡♡♡

@chaybags55‌ Aw ♡ I feel exactly the same way ♡

@meomongco‌ you're welcome ♡ Oh I'm enjoying it already.

Guest thecandyce

Guess who's at MBC Radio with Park Kyunglim to promote "Pride and Prejudice"?

It's our OTP! Stylish and full of swag even on a weekend huhuhu <3

tumblr_ndz8n0kEpn1rnkfgdo3_500.jpg
tumblr_ndz8n0kEpn1rnkfgdo1_500.jpg
tumblr_ndz8n0kEpn1rnkfgdo2_500.jpg
tumblr_ndz8n0kEpn1rnkfgdo4_400.jpg

CR. MBC and BaiduCJH

Guest hunterdd

Looking forward to this drama. Choi Jin Hyuk starred in mega hits, The Heirs and Gu Family Book. Was lead in the cable drama Emergency Couple which was a massive hit too. Interested to see how he fares as male lead in a public network drama.

@thecandyce I'm agree with you
That seems a bit rude and also had to be a bit awkward say it in front of so many people.
I respect his opinion but I don't share. Although I really understand your point of view ... Perhaps he as an actor feels a little unfair how singers and idols entering the acting world so easily and are very popular for their songs while the actors must suffer more to get a job because the idols are preferred by the large number of fans that they have. Sometimes this is unfair. Also, that must be very annoying for an actor... But, wasn't the time or the place to say it.
--------------
Post Edited
--------------

class="content-title" style="font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 1.4em; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-size: 23px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-stretch: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Actor Choi Jin Hyuk Reveals Why He Has Many Female AcquaintancesActor Choi Jin Hyuk Reveals Why He Has Many Female Acquaintances

On the October 24 radio broadcast of MBC FM4U “Date at 2PM” hosted byPark Kyung Lim, actor Choi Jin Hyuk appeared as a guest to talk about a variety of topics.

When asked if he has more phone numbers of female or male acquaintances in his phone, Choi Jin Hyuk answered, “It’s about the same. I have many female acquaintances around me. There are times when it’s easier to communicate with women than just among men.”

The actor added on, “Not only me, but there are probably a lot of men who can relate,” causing laughter.

Choi Jin Hyuk also shared the advantages of having female friends, explaining, “Women are good listeners. The job of an actor has many difficult aspects, and there are cases in which we become close friends because they are good at listening.”

Meanwhile, Choi Jin Hyuk will be starring in the upcoming MBC drama “Pride and Prejudice,” which is scheduled to air this coming October 27 at 10 p.m. (KST).

Credit Soompi

** Totally Off Topic **

I'm a good listener. I love to hear. I hear all the time oppa

tumblr_inline_ndz4aqeEVW1r0aqv6.gif

Guest meomongco

thecandyce said: Guess who's at MBC Radio with Park Kyunglim to promote "Pride and Prejudice"?

It's our OTP! Stylish and full of swag even on a weekend huhuhu <3

CR. MBC and BaiduCJH

Thank you so much for your updating. His fashion looked like when he was wearing during the Vogue Fashion 2014 Event yesterday, right?
2 days to go the drama will be on air. Why is 27th so far away... Quickly, quickly...:D
Have a nice weekend!

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); overflow: hidden; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"141023 Pride and Prejudice (오만과 편견) Poster Shooting

Credit ha L1
id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; overflow: hidden; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"[behind The Scenes] Pride and Prejudice id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; overflow: hidden; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"

Credit ha L1

Archived