Quantcast

[Reality Show] The Genius 더지니어스 Season 3 - TVN (Season concluded 17th Dec 2014)

TumTumTum

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

alasti said: Okay, just finishe
leemaxi_ffcf said: just a question for people that already watch ep 01.

in round 1 of main match, all the player have the same amount of money. so if there are no betraying and yoohyun didnt change to watermelon. didn't their money will be same until round 4 end ? if that happen who will be going to the death match

Guest SheenaF

EP 2 more spoilers

I didn't really care about the Main Match but it's just frustrating for me when Yongsuk is picked aaaaaaah Hweejong and Dongmin needed him. And the choice to save Kyunghoon backfired lol.

the DM was really intense. I love how Yongsuk trapped Kyunghoon for the rest of the round when he chose betting for round 9. He's no joke. He should have caught up to him during round 8 :/ I think Kyunghoon just wasn't bold enough and it caused Yongsuk to be able to catch up to him and trap him in that score. 
also is Hyunmin the second coming of Sunggyu and Kyunghoon/Ahyoung is just another Changyeop/Jungmoon LOL 
does it mean Ahyoung has no ally left? Give the black garnet to someone pls lol

Guest snowdjinn

S2 had more complicated games than S1. Now we see that S3 has even more complicated and more difficult games than S2.
The rules are so complicated with so many special extra rules that its hard to think of a strategy.

EPISODE 2 :
- includes Main Match and Deathmatch Analysis
- includes "THE 6 MOST POWERFUL PLAYERS OF Season 3" !
spoilers !! *Click "Show" to view*

A. Main Match
The most important goal of this game is to guess the leader of the other team. Its actually NOT easy for the citizens to win. Its really difficult for the Citizens to remove all criminals from the jury. They were Superlucky that the "Citizen Leader" was 2nd to put together a jury. (Pure Luck of the Draw). He KNOWS 4 of 5 criminals so he has a good chance to make a jury that votes guilty. With that lucky situation (Citizen Leader 2nd to put together a jury) the citizen knew they had a criminal-free jury. They can always vote 7 to 5 to make that jury every time. When its a criminal turn to make a jury.. they can just vote against it 7 to 5. So Yeah... Citizen Leader as 2nd Jury Decider was the reason they won so easily. They did well in hiding their leader. There is no way the Criminals would have guessed Hyunmin. So it was a total victory for the citizens.

B. Death Match
The better player won. Yongsuk understood the game better. He used the DRAW option the way it should be used. As a viewer i am happy that the more interesting player Lawyer Yongsuk survived.

C. THE 6 MOST POWERFUL PLAYERS OF Season 3, The Best Genius Player of all Seasons ????
Season 3 has some of the most impressive highly-skilled players of the entire show. Here is a list of those 6 Superplayers:
I think one of these 6 players will win Season 3 !

PokerPlayer YooHyun. What a charismatic smart thinker. I am slowly falling for this guy. He persuaded other players to give him lots of points in Ep01. I am not even sure why they gave the points to him. Seems to be good at just anything: he can betray, he can do great teamwork, he can do a great solo play. On top of that, this smart player also has great social skills. He can do it all. The most impressive about him is that he has no obvious weakness.

Web-Toon-Writer Jong Bum. A very quick thinker. Has ability to read people (psychology expert) and can talk well. Can figure out what to do and is absolutely ice-cold. He will do whatever is neccessary to win. He even suggests betrayal openly to other players as if its something normal. Very precise. His biggest strength is the superspeed which means he can act quickly before everyone else.

Comedian Dongmin a funny loud-mouth who has a scary skill to survive and lead people. Dongmin knows exactly what is important and whats not-so-important. So far, Dongmin always knew what he had to focus on, in order to survive. He is very very active, building alliances, making strategies. Within just 2 episodes he build up the reputation of a leader and that is very impressive in a group full of great players. After just 2 episodes, Dongmin has build up the best network of allies within the Genius players. That makes him a very powerful player. He can be compared to Sangmin from S1 & S2.

Lawyer  Yong Suk a master of "Carrot and stick". Carrot and stick is an english saying which means offering a combination of rewards and punishment to other player to induce behavior. At first, Yongsuk is nice and good to people trying to do it the sweet way. If that doesnt work, he is threatening other players. A very effective very powerful strategy and YongSuk is doing it in a brilliant way. Other than that, he just tries to stay in the background, trying to not get involved, trying to avoid deathmatches alltogether. But even when is pushed into a deathmatch, its obvious he is a strong deathmatch player too.

Hyunmin his only weakness is a lack of life experience because he is the youngest. But apart from that, Hyunmin is a Master Strategist and he obviously is THE BEST Player when it comes to understanding a game/ game rules. In the first two episodes, Hyunmin was very active, doing multiple strategies at once, talking with different players at the same time, forming more than just one alliance. He makes a great strategy and always has a backup plan. Hyunmin, without a doubt, is the Master Strategist und when it comes to gameplay he outplays any other player. He never lets his guard down.

Finance Expert Sujin. She is silent most of the time. Her strategy is to stay out of trouble. Still, she has a good intuition and is able to predict the actions of her opponents. Sujin has a very good observantion skill and with that she always has a lot of information. She tries hard to stay in the background which is a good strategy in the first episodes. She might have even more skills but she is clever enough to stay a mystery and not reveal her true potential yet. She is much like the oldest player from S2, the politican, who tried to look harmless but who was a powerful talented player.

D. The 7 Underdogs
These 7 players are underdogs. They have to be superlucky to survive til the Final Episode. I think sooner or later all of them will be eliminated. They are good players, but the 6 Best Players are just too awesome.

in random order:
- Season 2 Hweejong
- Actor Junghoon
- KyungHoon
- Actress Yeon Joo
- Oriental Doctor Yeonseung
- Dealer Juri
- Announcer AhYoung

Guest leemaxi_ffcf

ManYuL said: alasti said: Okay, just finishe
leemaxi_ffcf said: just a question for people that already watch ep 01.

in round 1 of main match, all the player have the same amount of money. so if there are no betraying and yoohyun didnt change to watermelon. didn't their money will be same until round 4 end ? if that happen who will be going to the death match

Guest popiloey

I feel that Season 3's main matches seem pretty predictable so far without any room for a surprisingly smart strategy or discovery, unlike past 2 seasons.

Like how Jinho discovered that the back of the cards were different. Or Sang Min breaking the dice and reassembled them.

The ladies haven't shown much yet, I hope that they will step up their game soon.

popiloey said: I feel that Season 3's main matches seem pretty predictable so far without any room for a surprisingly smart strategy or discovery, unlike past 2 seasons.

Like how Jinho discovered that the back of the cards were different. Or Sang Min breaking the dice and reassembled them.

The ladies haven't shown much yet, I hope that they will step up their game soon.

Guest SheenaF

T_______T ep 3 stuff

Yongsuk and Yeunseung in the DM. Yoohyun and Sujin got 1 black garnet.

DM is Black and White 2(reusing DM ...)

End result: I don't think I'll watch the genius as enthusiastically as usual...
It's funny when you think about it, the oldest players have no 3 jinx (either 3rd place or 3rd eliminated)

Thank you!!! UR awesome!! @JennyT  :xI'll save my spoilers for E03

Hi~ @leemaxi_ffcf  I think they did, I remembered a part where some of the contestants were discussing on the winning amount and why it was set at such a price. =)
E02?  erm...I'll be ranting off again in a uncoordinated manner so might be a headache to read...heh...sorry!! oh, btw, I can't rmb their names yet so I'll be using their occupation or such to replace names instead.
so. Ep2. the intro was nice, everybody's laughing off the comedian's jokes XD~ and the SeoulUniGuy gave one of his garnets to the announcer he betrayed last week! (at least we saved one garnet from going out of circulation - although I'm curious if those garnets will somehow be added back into the total winnings at the end of the game..)
The Main Match rules were confusing the first time I watched..had to watch the 'simplified one for audience' version to kindda get it. BUT come on!! You're in the game! Shouldn't you at least know the rules enough to not oust yourselves after just 2 rounds? haih. Saying goes "Know your enemies & know yourself" you need to know what they know to be able to win. True that the leader who should have had his head clear was in a blur; the criminal team members were just as responsible for the mistake happening by gathering the 5 members together so suddenly in the midst of voting for the 3rd council. Bad game plan from the criminal side, they should have blended in more...at least the ones who didn't get caught or told other people they were criminals == (i.e. actor & SeoulUniDude)
Death match: Not surprised to see the Uni guy lose, even before the DM started the editors gave us a nice show on the two lovebirds, it was plain to see, they should have shown the game first then the vid,might have had more suspense then... However! The lawyer was awesome in this round! Not only did we see the political side of him when demanding to know what each contestant put out but also AWESOME game play. Definite improvement from the S2 ver. of this game, where it's not only just social game play anymore but also how well you can read others as well.
Star of this ep. Hyunmin(MM),Lawyer(DM) XDHonorary mentions : Dongmin.
No idea what they were doing : Actress & all of the criminal team.

E03just explanation of the MM. & a bit of my thoughts.

MM: NewGame!! It's a mix between the animal kingdom & office game in S2 plus references to the horse racing game in earlier seasons AND BETTER than the previous ones.
Name of the game: Middle race. Get into the 9 spots between 1st and last place to be safe from elimination and earn 1 garnet. 2nd and 10th place winner gets an extra black garnet each(black garnets can be used next round! can't wait). Automatic DM between 1st and last placeRules of the game: Each player has 4(1-4)set cards deciding how many spaces you can move. After finishing your cards you'll get a new set. There are also characters with powers each player will have to choose from to be used in the race.Characters:1. Gravity- can opt to not move for 1 round but must throw away a card and pull another character to be right in front(if other character is in front of G) or right behind(if other character is behind G).2. Reset- when another characters power makes R go backwards, R has ability to reset one characters card to original number of cards.3. Push- cannot be in the same row with other players. Has to push same row characters one row forward or backward.4. Delete- If moved by others powers, has ability to leave only 1 card(chosen by D) left to one player. 5. With- when only left with last card, the card must be used on one other person as well as himself. 6. Union- players one row in front of U will be pulled back to be in the same row with U.7. One- when other players use the '1' card, O has the ability to move one step forward or backward.8. Mirror- If moved by others powers, has to choose another player to do the exact opposite. e.g. M moved 5 steps to the front because of others power, X will have to move 5 steps backwards.9. Jump- when moving, rows that are occupied will not be counted as a step.10. Silence- has ability to nullify one other characters ability for each round.11. Quick- can opt to move forward or backwards x2(number of moves). Maximum use 2 cards for each direction(if ability is used...i think). -- confused about this one's ability.
How they chose each character. Popularity vote. The one with most votes, gets the last choice of character. Last place(most votes) gets to choose the player in front of him and so and so forth.1st place is chosen indirectly by 3rd place by choosing someone else to be 2nd.*special auction* (right before voting who goes last place) Using garnets to buy the 1st place of choice, ables you to choose from any character power you want OR safe from last place. The Lawyer won the popularity vote and got last place. He chose Hyunmin without hesitation. and....lalalala~ 1st place was won in the auction by the Announcer, therefore 4th place was indirectly choosing 2nd place as well.

Who chose what.1.G - Finance2.R - Actress3.P - Hyunmin4.D - Announcer5.W - Webtoon6.U - Doctor7.O - Dongmin8.M - Actor9.J - Lawyer10.S - Math Lecturer11.Q - Poker Player
Some characters have to join forces in order to win.Some can play on their own and still win. i.e. One, Jump, Quick.So many ways this game could be played out. The players this season played it a bit too safe(one big group). Still~ Great Game!

Apologies if it's confusing! ><

although my understanding of games are not understand right away when it was described but i just want to share here hehehe

i agree that episode 2 main match is disappointing but the death match wah makes me really frightened of lawyer-nim. he is not like lawyer in the last season.. he really showing that he has power to do what he wants and make others immediately obedient of his command.. wah he really is a strong player. but my favorite is hyunmin that did great job being a leader. even if the criminals gather if the leader is not sensitive to the surrounding and can think of the absolute win solution, he/she can still make the jury vote guilty and giving win chance to the criminals. but thankfully they have hyunmin as leader. looking forward for his appearance.

i didn't watch episode 3 yet (cause i need a subbed one kekeke) but looks like nam hweejong is starting to move. i hope he doesn't get too excited and end up eliminated early. that's just make him coming back but doing the same mistake -_- anyway hope episode 3 is more interesting!!!!

@taengstache

oh i see.. but it's the genius anyway so i try to watch it and now i know the controversy , i hope it doesn't get too cruel this season since now there's penalty too. but lawyer yongsuk is really got me scared that i consider him a little bit cruel lol

and.. should i spoiler my episode 2 opinion or not? since episode 3 is out now..

Guest kingjichangwook

alasti said: Wow can't wait!!
I hope the people in this season are good. I didn't like season 2 much. Especially, how people relied on betrayal rather than smarts. It was annoying figuring out simple solutions to games yet watching the players ignorantly playing with no aim.

But I wonder why do they always cast less women. I want more female players!

Guest kingjichangwook

Hey guys, some people on Dramabeans noted that one player seemed to have appeared in a teaser for a new drama:http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/10/reading-faces-and-minds-in-dr-frosts-animated-and-live-action-teasers/

Specifically, the culprit in the first teaser:

It's kinda fun when variety crosses into dramas.

Archived