[Reality Show] The Genius 더지니어스 Season 3 - TVN (Season concluded 17th Dec 2014)

I think everyone keeps underestimating Yeonsung. Ever since he survived the last Middle Race he's been my top 2 with Hyunmin and I don't doubt that he'll show you that.

I wasn't surprised when Yoohyun went to the DM because he was just playing a solo race and those never goes that well. But Yeonjoo totally surprised me! I think Yoohyun was too calm in the beginning because he probably thought Yeonjoo would be as bad as Ahyoung. The thing is she saw Ahyoung's match and was able to hear Hyunmin, Dongmin and Yeonseung's thoughts during that game which I think she was able to use as her advantage.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest snowdjinn

yes.. i am so excited ! The SuperEpisode is next ! (The 4 strongest players in Genius History meet!) 
The Math Auction is my Favorite Main Match from S1. This MM looks like a new version of it.

4 possible Endings for Season 3: (open spoiler)

Ending 1:  Dongmin VS Hyunmin (Chance: 35 % )
This would be great ! It seems to be very good to find 1 permanent ally that you fully trust and work together with. (For example: Sangmin+Sunggyu, Dongmin+Hyunmin).  If they make it to the Finals then S3 is all about Dongmin and Hyunmin. 2 players dominated the entire season and clash in the big final episode. I love this because both of them worked very hard and deserve it.

Ending 2: Hyunmin VS Yeonseung (Chance: 30 % )
How awesome would that be ? EP3: Hyunmin persuades all other players to push Yeonseung into the DM ! But Yeonseung survives ! He can finally take revenge in EP7: Yeonseung persuades all other players to push Hyunmin into the DM ! But Hyunmin survives ! They move on and all other players get eliminated. In the Finals we get the final match of Hyunmin vs Yeonseung ! Usually the people who become outcast get eliminated. This time, the outcast would make it to the Finals to meet the person who marked him an outcast in EP3. Will the favorite win ? Will the die-hard outcast win ? i love it because its a great storyline. haha.

Ending 3: Dongmin vs Yeonseung (Chance: 25 % )
This is also awesome ! Yeonseung refused Dongmins offer in Ep4 ! They are rivals. Lets face it, Yeonseung is also an outcast because of Dongmin. This is just as good at Ending 2.... the outcast goes into the Finals against the Leader of the Alliance ! Who is better ? Can Dongmin beat Yeonseung without his alliance ? i love it because its also a great storyline.

Ending 4: Anyone vs Yeonyoo (Chance: 10 % )
Not good. This is the only ending i dont want. The whole story of S3 doesnt fit with Yeonjoo going to the finals. I think that would be boring. So, yes.... i hope Yeonyoo gets eliminated Ep10 or Ep11.

Guest annasui

sheargwyz said: erna_wb said:
sheargwyz said:really?? hyunmin finished his physical assessment for military service? is he going to enlist soon?i also read some of yoohyun & hyunmin posts, only some. also saw hyunmin's dancing video. he' such a cutie >.<btw yoohyun got married quite fast. he's the same age as yeonjoo which means he was only 26 y.o when he got married. and korean men usually got married around 30 y.o.

ep.9

SOO sad to see him go T.T I really liked YH. I did like how YS played in the MM, and He & YJ also had the luck of drawing good slots so that they could get the strong cards. Luck was definitely on their side. The alliance with HM & DM is as strong as ever! DM is really loyal to anyone who's on his side. YH did play it silly by wanting to go with DM when it was obvious DM didn't really like him too much. Alliances are important and I hoped that this would have been a fight between 3(YH,YJ,YS) & 2(DM&HM). Still I really enjoyed the game....loved the suspense & genius play by YS&YJ...
The new and improved cards were awesome XD....I loved this game from the start(ep3) and still love it now~~ Death Match YJ was calm and quite smart. She knew how to play from the previous match & showed us a different side of her. You go girl! YH was too relaxed after last weeks winning....sad to see him go this way without showing his very best...side note: NO MORE Black Missions~~ wonder how the Black Garnets would be utilized now....*I kind of wish they can use it to reveal DM's before the game so they could send one of their own allies who are confident to play the game VS someone who can't....waste of BG'S(i know...)

Guest m1deoyo

just finished live streaming the genius-- i only caught it halfway through, though. it was broadcast late because of MAMA.
ep 10 spoilers

main match - chain auction

i didn't get to watch the explanation so i was a little confused but from what i gathered-- they picked a block which had a number. and using that, plus the other number and operations they bid on, they have to get 10. any decimal counts as well, ex: 10.9842592384 = 10. in the end, they had to guess the others hidden number (the block they picked at the start)-- guessing correctly would've added to their chips, while if others guessed their number, their chip count would go down.

winner - jinho, he got 10,000,000원(!!!!!!! i was super excited bc i adore yell0w)
second place - hyunmin, he got the token of life
last place - dongmin

death match - monorail

it's like a puzzle? they were given pieces and they take turns to put down parts of the monorail, and the person to complete the monorail wins. i found the death match concept itself boring, but it became sort of interesting because there was a point that dongmin made a huge mistake and almost cost himself the game.

winner - dongmin
loser - yeonjoo

i didn't get to see the preview for the next episode because the stream went bonkers. ㅠㅠ finally watched the preview for next episode!

ep 11 preview

ahyoung, yoohyun, kyunghoon and heejong come back as guests! the game's doubtful yutnori. it looks like the guests are the ones playing yutnori and the players bet on them? but they throw the sticks inside a box and possibly lie about what they got in order to win the game? i'm a little hazy on the last part but, yeah, that's the gist of it.

since all genius alumni seem to hang out, i wonder if hyunmin has met sunggyu. hyunmin's a huge infinite fan, he spazzes about them on twitter and has them as his phone wallpaper, it'd probably be hilarious.

Guest erna_wb

annasui said: Hi, I've been a big fan of Yoohyun after watching him in The Genius. Where can I see his SNS? 
I'm so sad he got eliminated :( Hope to see him in other shows too!! 

E10 spoiler:

Such a smacker of an episode. Shame about its super late broadcast time. Kong rules!

And now everyone has gone to DM at least once. I predicted before E10 that Dongmin might go to DM and be eliminated - glad that only half of that came true. Hopefully Min-Min will get their wish to be in the finals together, but Yeonseung is rolling on so fine.

Guest Lil.Miss.A

Almost got a heart attack watching the death match in ep10

I thought Jang Dong Min was a goner 

T.TIdk why these past few eps felt like JDM is really close to going. Glad he's now in the top 3.

This season is also lacking the smiles factor.. like season 2 all the players are so serious into the game.The only thing keeping the episodes fun is Jang Dong Min's behind the scenes cuts.Plus all the girls seem to make critical mistake at the crucial moment.. >.<

Guest Lil.Miss.A

@erna_wb

The goal of the death match game is to complete the rail line into one continuous course. Whoever puts the last tile to complete the course wins the game.If you think the current rail setting cannot be made into a completed course you can yell "it can't be done" then the other person must use try to complete the course to win the game.YeonJoo was supposed to win it when she puts the 2 tiles at the bottom, since there's only 2 more tiles missing to complete the course. B

ut JDM put another tile at the top so she doubted herself and thought there's still another way to complete the course so she kept going.She was supposed to yell "it can't be done" and she would've won the game.That's why at the end she said she realised that she should've trusted herself more.

Hope that helps it'll be clearer when the subs are out :)

Lil.Miss.A said: @erna_wb

The goal of the death match game is to complete the rail line into one continuous course. Whoever puts the last tile to complete the course wins the game.If you think the current rail setting cannot be made into a completed course you can yell "it can't be done" then the other person must use try to complete the course to win the game.YeonJoo was supposed to win it when she puts the 2 tiles at the bottom, since there's only 2 more tiles missing to complete the course. B

ut JDM put another tile at the top so she doubted herself and thought there's still another way to complete the course so she kept going.She was supposed to yell "it can't be done" and she would've won the game.That's why at the end she said she realised that she should've trusted herself more.

Lil.Miss.A said: @erna_wb

Guest erna_wb

Lil.Miss.A said:

Guest Lil.Miss.A

@Jenny T you got a better explanation on it ^^

Things hasn't gone his way these past few eps (JDM), I felt nervous for him everytime I start watching new ep.If Hyunmin didn't guess JDM's number in the main match Yeonseung would've gotten last place. But I think he would've picked JDM anyway. And who knows it could've ended with JDM going.In a way I'm glad things went this way, although I felt sorry for Yeonjoo as well, she did so well these past 2 eps.I guess strong mentality is saving JDM once more.

Really solid episodes....don't think I could have survive if I didn't read the spoilers beforehand....next week...!!! ahhhh we are getting close to the finals!!

Guest snowdjinn

if you cannot understand korean, its best to wait for the subs ! S3 is soooooo exciting and awesome. So the best advice i can give is.... after the episode was broadcasted, dont visit any genius-site and watch with subs but without spoilers. Just 2 episodes left and its ABSOLUTELY worth it. Just be patient, avoid K-sites and you get most enjoyment out of each episode.
( Especially the Final, i watched S2 Final without spoilers and it was A-W-E-S-O-M-E !)  ;-)

EPISODE 10
- Main Match
- Death Match
- the reason why Dongmin made mistakes
- Performance of Sangmin & Jinho

Main Match
The player with most points wins. There are 3 ways to get points:
1. Your Coins (worth max. 20 points)
2. "Get a 10" (worth max. 20 points)
3. Guessing (worth max. 15 points but also -15 points which makes it just as important as options 1+2)

In other words, it would be wrong to solely concentrate on making a 10 in your quotation. The other factors are just as important. To make things even more complicated, you can freely trade with other players. That means you can exchange numbers, tilts and coins (and by doing so even your points!!). The problem is that all players need to avoid last place at all costs. There is no 2nd token of life. This means if i make an alliance with another player and give him all my coins to make him 1st... then i probably end up last place and go to the death match. The only alliance that works 100% is the guests. They can decide to split the money (they probably did that) and then Sangmin helps Jinho to win. (which is exactly what happened.) Therefore, i believe the 2 guests have a big advantage over the other 4 players.

DeathMatch
I think this game usually results in an "impossible" ending. You just try to build an impossible scenario and have to hide it so well that your opponent will not notice and not call it. When its your turn again, you can finish the game and say "impossible." Maybe there is also a way to count turns but i think most of the time its just "impossible" to finish.

Dongmin (and why he made mistakes)
Dongmin plays just like Sangmin. He makes alliances, he uses his leadership. That requires a good reputation in the group. Players like Dongmin/Sangmin do NOT play a soloplay. They always play the group of players. They find out how players react, they predict what other players will do. This is why Dongmin got into serious problems.
1. problem:  Sangmin & Jinho join the game. Dongmin gets a bit agressive, because he knows he has to show his leadership and strength to them. its harder for him to calculate the group with 2 champions who join the group. Still, Dongmin is able to shake this off and stay confident.
2. problem:  Donmin is alone, walks to the other room and finds all the other players talking. Naturally, he cannot help but think that there could be an alliance AGAINST him. This is when Dongmin starts to get REALLY nervous. Sangmin & Jinho got to the other players ??? I am the target ??? What can i do ???
3. problem: because he is nervous he makes a terrible mistake by picking the 10. Now he has -30 points. He will be last place. Dongmin gets supernervous. Now remember, Dongmin is a leadership player. He needs his confidence ! you can see that he is in a shocked state of mind when he asks Hyunmin for the "4". Hyunmin makes the deal to help Dongmin but too many players guess Dongmins number and Dongmin goes to the DM.
4.problem: I am in the DM ? How did that happen ? A player like Dongmin/Sangmin needs to know whats going on. That gives such a player confidence. Dongmin is surprised and shocked about a lot of things in Ep10. Nothing went as he planned. He wanted to avoid the DM. Thats when he breaks down mentally. (Just like Yoohyun + the Lawyer). If Dongmin gets eliminated at this point, he would be rightfully eliminated. EP10 was his worst performance ever. He was lucky that Yeonjoo messed up. Under normal circumstances, he would be out.

Other players
Hyunmin seems to be absolutely unstoppable !Yeonseung works very hard and avoids the DM once again. Yeonjoo makes a really bad mistake in the finals. I think she never really had a chance to win S3. Even if she survives here, she would be crushed in Ep11 or the Finals.

Sangmin & Jinho
Sangmin immediately sees the advantage for the guests and makes an offer to Jinho. Sangmin helps Jinho win. (i am sure Jinho agreed to split the money). Not only because of that advantage but also because Jinho did a perfect play... Jinho wins the MM. Unlike Hyunmin / Dongmin.... Jinho stays silent and is doing his great play almost unnoticed. Still, he got help from Sangmin so i have to say the guests had a bigger chance to win, even before this match started.

Episode 11
All three players worked hard in S3. Anyone can be eliminated in Ep11. Although, it looks like Hyunmin will be the S3 winner. Its just so sad that we will not see much of Hyunmin in the future. Our only chance is that he has a LOT of fans AND that he has an interest to make some extra-money with appearances on K-shows. Then maybe we see him a few more times... but its very very very unlikely. He is busy as a KAIST student. He is not an entertainer... he is probably going for a well-paid job in a big firm. So lets enjoy 1-2 more episodes and then we have to say farewell to our youngest player. sniff. Maybe Genius Season 4, we get special guest: Hyunmin. That would be nice.

Thanks for reading :-)

Guest dzareth_8651

i was never a fan of yeonjoo, but i'd have to say she probably demonstrated the most gracious exit. she shed some tears, but overall was really positive with the whole experience. to me her exit was like a winner's.

the final 3 are also the most deserving in terms of wit, gameplay and mental strength. all 3 have experienced death match. i look forward to the final 2 episodes.

of course, it's always good to see yellow again.

snowdjinn said: if you cannot understand korean, its best to wait for the subs ! S3 is soooooo exciting and awesome. So the best advice i can give is.... after the episode was broadcasted, dont visit any genius-site and watch with subs but without spoilers. Just 2 episodes left and its ABSOLUTELY worth it. Just be patient, avoid K-sites and you get most enjoyment out of each episode.
( Especially the Final, i watched S2 Final without spoilers and it was A-W-E-S-O-M-E !)  ;-)

EPISODE 10
- Main Match
- Death Match
- the reason why Dongmin made mistakes
- Performance of Sangmin & Jinho

Main Match
The player with most points wins. There are 3 ways to get points:
1. Your Coins (worth max. 20 points)
2. "Get a 10" (worth max. 20 points)
3. Guessing (worth max. 15 points but also -15 points which makes it just as important as options 1+2)

In other words, it would be wrong to solely concentrate on making a 10 in your quotation. The other factors are just as important. To make things even more complicated, you can freely trade with other players. That means you can exchange numbers, tilts and coins (and by doing so even your points!!). The problem is that all players need to avoid last place at all costs. There is no 2nd token of life. This means if i make an alliance with another player and give him all my coins to make him 1st... then i probably end up last place and go to the death match. The only alliance that works 100% is the guests. They can decide to split the money (they probably did that) and then Sangmin helps Jinho to win. (which is exactly what happened.) Therefore, i believe the 2 guests have a big advantage over the other 4 players.

DeathMatch
I think this game usually results in an "impossible" ending. You just try to build an impossible scenario and have to hide it so well that your opponent will not notice and not call it. When its your turn again, you can finish the game and say "impossible." Maybe there is also a way to count turns but i think most of the time its just "impossible" to finish.

Dongmin (and why he made mistakes)
Dongmin plays just like Sangmin. He makes alliances, he uses his leadership. That requires a good reputation in the group. Players like Dongmin/Sangmin do NOT play a soloplay. They always play the group of players. They find out how players react, they predict what other players will do. This is why Dongmin got into serious problems.
1. problem:  Sangmin & Jinho join the game. Dongmin gets a bit agressive, because he knows he has to show his leadership and strength to them. its harder for him to calculate the group with 2 champions who join the group. Still, Dongmin is able to shake this off and stay confident.
2. problem:  Donmin is alone, walks to the other room and finds all the other players talking. Naturally, he cannot help but think that there could be an alliance AGAINST him. This is when Dongmin starts to get REALLY nervous. Sangmin & Jinho got to the other players ??? I am the target ??? What can i do ???
3. problem: because he is nervous he makes a terrible mistake by picking the 10. Now he has -30 points. He will be last place. Dongmin gets supernervous. Now remember, Dongmin is a leadership player. He needs his confidence ! you can see that he is in a shocked state of mind when he asks Hyunmin for the "4". Hyunmin makes the deal to help Dongmin but too many players guess Dongmins number and Dongmin goes to the DM.
4.problem: I am in the DM ? How did that happen ? A player like Dongmin/Sangmin needs to know whats going on. That gives such a player confidence. Dongmin is surprised and shocked about a lot of things in Ep10. Nothing went as he planned. He wanted to avoid the DM. Thats when he breaks down mentally. (Just like Yoohyun + the Lawyer). If Dongmin gets eliminated at this point, he would be rightfully eliminated. EP10 was his worst performance ever. He was lucky that Yeonjoo messed up. Under normal circumstances, he would be out.

Other players
Hyunmin seems to be absolutely unstoppable !Yeonseung works very hard and avoids the DM once again. Yeonjoo makes a really bad mistake in the finals. I think she never really had a chance to win S3. Even if she survives here, she would be crushed in Ep11 or the Finals.

Sangmin & Jinho
Sangmin immediately sees the advantage for the guests and makes an offer to Jinho. Sangmin helps Jinho win. (i am sure Jinho agreed to split the money). Not only because of that advantage but also because Jinho did a perfect play... Jinho wins the MM. Unlike Hyunmin / Dongmin.... Jinho stays silent and is doing his great play almost unnoticed. Still, he got help from Sangmin so i have to say the guests had a bigger chance to win, even before this match started.

Episode 11
All three players worked hard in S3. Anyone can be eliminated in Ep11. Although, it looks like Hyunmin will be the S3 winner. Its just so sad that we will not see much of Hyunmin in the future. Our only chance is that he has a LOT of fans AND that he has an interest to make some extra-money with appearances on K-shows. Then maybe we see him a few more times... but its very very very unlikely. He is busy as a KAIST student. He is not an entertainer... he is probably going for a well-paid job in a big firm. So lets enjoy 1-2 more episodes and then we have to say farewell to our youngest player. sniff. Maybe Genius Season 4, we get special guest: Hyunmin. That would be nice.

Thanks for reading :-)

Guest erna_wb

Jenny T said: dzareth_8651 said: i was never a fan of yeonjoo, but i'd have to say she probably demonstrated the most gracious exit. she shed some tears, but overall was really positive with the whole experience. to me her exit was like a winner's.

the final 3 are also the most deserving in terms of wit, gameplay and mental strength. all 3 have experienced death match. i look forward to the final 2 episodes.

Guest snowdjinn

@dzareth_8651   @erna_wb    @Jenny T 

Yeonjoo's exit is okay. i also like Jongbums exit a lot.

the eliminated players as guests..... i am against that too. No need for them to guest in the deciding ep11. I especially dislike the choice of players. I can live with 4 players that got eliminated EARLY (ep1 to 6).... okay. But they picked players who got eliminated a short while ago. No need for that. They get a chance to take revenge in the Final episode when they give away the items. I also think they should start to give away items 4 vs 8 or 5 vs 7. This is the ONE moment when i am okay with playing favors. Its the official moment for the players to say who they liked the most. If they always give 6 vs 6 (so far they always did that for the sake of harmony) then its a little bit boring.

To be quite honest i never understood why Genius always has to have deathmatches that involve the other players. There is already enough "strength in numbers" / "alliance power" in the MainMatch ! we know that players love to make 1 player the outcast and push him/her into the DM ! I think, it would be best if DM are ALWAYS soloplay 1 vs 1. Not influenced by other players or guests. This way, a person that is an outcast in the MM has at least a fair chance in the DM. It would limit the influence of the group on a single player. Being an outcast is already a big enough disadvantage. No need to do that in the DM too.

Speaking of Jongbum..... Here is my final List of S3 FAVORITE PLAYERS.

01. Hyunmin (Best Player, very active in games, most worthy player to win, S3 is all about him and Dongmin.)
02. Dongmin (he worked so hard, was very active in games, was most entertaining, S3 is all about him and Hyunmin.)
03. Jongbum (my favorite style of player, he had a lot of potential, smart, social skills, also the best attitude and sportsmanship)
04. Junghoon (good-looking, good play, charismatic, sometimes entertaining, i enjoyed his performance in S3)
05. YooHyun (S-E-X-Y, love his strange way to walk LOL, not really awesome in games, he changed his strategy/allies too often)
06. Sujin (was eliminated too early, maybe had some potential but there is no proof for that, nice and strong person, charismatic.)
07. Yeonseung (better than i thought, very entertaining, respect him but sadly the rival of my 2 favorite players.)
08. Juri (seems like a nice person, dont know much about her)
09. Yongsuk (good impression in Ep1 + 2, very bad impression in Ep3, his real character shows, too serious and too hateful)
10. Hweejong (too arrogant in S2, i think he really is arrogant and just acted nice in S3, zero charisma, bad in genius games)
11. Kyunghoon (the kind of person i dislike, he was to eager to be a superstar/superbetrayer, much like the magician in S2)
12. AhYoung (too silly, tried to be entertaining but most of the times overdid it, she was too weak in MM and DM)
13. Yeonjoo (too silent, never worked hard, not entertaining, somehow annoyed me from time to time.)

Archived