Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SamShop Watch

[Drama 2014] Mr. Back / 미스터 백

Oh, the casting news is on fire after no news at all! :D  Jang Nara is the heroine. I never saw her in anything but I heard about her latest role/drama. Some actors/actresses ( and fans ;) ) are very lucky to jump from role to role so quickly. I will see her in this drama. It is good to discover new actors. The description for our heroine is not very promising for me but I will watch for Shin Ha-kyun anyway so I expect funny, romantic scenes for the protagonists.

class="content-title"MBLAQ’s Lee Joon Cast in Upcoming Romantic Comedy Drama “Mister Baek”

MBLAQ’s Lee Joon will be expanding his acting resume in the romantic comedy series “Mister Baek” which is slated to air this November.

The singer-actor will star alongside actress Jang Nara and actor Shin Ha Kyun in the fantasy romantic comedy drama that will air on MBC.

“When I received the scenario, I (saw that) it’s a role that I’ve always wanted to try. I decided on appearing (in this drama) because I think I will be able to show an opposite of the role I played in Gapdong through this character. I will try my best to show a perfect image through this good project,” said Lee Joon.

“In ‘Mister Baek,’ the new Wednesday-Thursday drama of MBC, Lee Joon will play the role of Choi Dae Han, the son of the conglomerate president Choi Go Bong (Shin Ha Kyun),” revealed a representative from MBC Drama on October 10.

The role of the second generation chaebol Choi Dae Han that Lee Joon will play is offensive towards the director-level and low-ranking employees of the company and unlike normal second generation chaebol, he doesn’t subscribe to the capitalist logic of ‘the more money, the better’ and instead, he only has the exact money that he needs. He’s also quite accident prone. However, he starts changing for the better when he meets the intern Eun Ha Soo, which will be played by Jang Nara.

Continue reading here

@ChelseaS‌

:-h wow the drama really managed to save itself! Scoring Jnara is awesome!

I was quite dismay when our other fave (u knw who) didnt take up this interesting project, but now that they got two heavyweights as their leads,everything looks good now.

I wld imagine they hv to start filming rightaway becos they are really running out of time. I hope the scriptwriter n pd utilize these two veteran actors well. I am putting this on my to watch list :)>-

ChelseaS said: class="content-title"“In ‘Mister Baek,’ the new Wednesday-Thursday drama of MBC, Lee Joon will play the role of Choi Dae Han, the son of the conglomerate president Choi Go Bong (Shin Ha Kyun),” revealed a representative from MBC Drama on October 10.

The role of the second generation chaebol Choi Dae Han that Lee Joon will play is offensive towards the director-level and low-ranking employees of the company and unlike normal second generation chaebol, he doesn’t subscribe to the capitalist logic of ‘the more money, the better’ and instead, he only has the exact money that he needs. He’s also quite accident prone. However, he starts changing for the better when he meets the intern Eun Ha Soo, which will be played by Jang Nara.

Continue reading here

Reading the description for the second male lead I wonder why male characters are always more interesting than women`s? He starts as a jerk, he doesn`t love money and he is changing for the better. I heard about that before. What caught my attention was the fact that he is an accident- prone kind of guy. I love this kind of characters. It could be fun to watch. Oh, father and son will be in love with the same woman? :(   At this moment I say that she will be better with the son. But where it fits our hero? I imagine that he will become old again. The second female lead will have a chance? Speculations....We`ll see soon.

@pattsue‌

Yeah i got a feeling yeah,there will be some rivalry which can be funny or sad ;))

larus said: Reading the description for the second male lead I wonder why male characters are always more interesting than women`s? He starts as a jerk, he doesn`t love money and he is changing for the better. I heard about that before. What caught my attention was the fact that he is an accident- prone kind of guy. I love this kind of characters. It could be fun to watch. Oh, father and son will be in love with the same woman? :(   At this moment I say that she will be better with the son. But where it fits our hero? I imagine that he will become old again. The second female lead will have a chance? Speculations....We`ll see soon.

Here's another article on the casting:

Jang Na Ra confirmed to star in 'Mister Baek' alongside Shin Ha Kyun

jang-na-ra_1412905117_af_org.jpg

Jang Na Ra has been confirmed to star in the upcoming MBC Wed-Thurs drama 'Mister Baek'!

An MBC rep confirmed on October 10, "Jang Na Ra has been confirmed to star in the MBC Wed-Thurs drama 'Mister Baek' and will act out a romance with Shin Ha Kyun."

Jang Na Ra shared, "I was attracted to the fantasy-romance drama and interesting storyline, so I decided to star in it... Through my character Eun Ha Soo, I will work hard to show a new image and good acting to viewers."

'Mister Baek' portrays the story of a chaebol chairman in his 70s who has wealth, status, and honor, but ends up aging backwards to his 30s through an accident. He then experiences the real love that he's never felt before. It's directed by Lee Sang Yeop and written by Choi Yoon Jung and is set to premiere in November!

Cr. allkpop

Shin Ha Kyun is back in dramaland... thank you dramagods!!! and with an interesting plot!!!!
itemprop="name" class="entry-title" style="margin: 17px 0px 7px; font-family: 'Roboto Condensed', sans-serif; font-weight: normal; line-height: 40px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); text-rendering: optimizelegibility; font-size: 34px; word-wrap: break-word; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Jang Nara joins Shin Ha Kyun for ‘Mr Baek’ drama

It has been announced that Jang Nara and Shin Ha Kyun will headline upcoming MBC TV Wed-Thu drama ‘Mr Baek.’

Jang Nara plays the role of Eun Ha Soo who is a representative icon of the young jobless generation, who would think of changing jobs if she is short-changed at her part-time job pay like 500 won. She has to work from early morning till late nights to support her family, after the passing of her father. Despite her difficult life, Eun Ha Soo has a super positive attitude, and prioritizes the the happiness of her family over everything else.

After much difficulties, Eun Ha Soo finally finds a proper job at a holiday resort. She meets Choi Sin Hyung at the resort, and not only falls in love, but also discovers how precious youth is, and starts to question herself about her goals in life.

Jang Nara is making a swift return to the small screen, having won much love for her ‘post-it girl’ role as Kim Mi Young in the drama ‘Fated To Love You’ which ended its run just last month. Jang Nara will once again tackle the romance comedy genre through ‘Mr Baek,’ where she revealed that she was attracted by the story, and hopes to let everyone see a new side of her through her new role.

‘Mr Baek’ tells the story of a 70-year-old man who has everything from wealth, fame and status, but finds himself becoming a 30 year old man one day, and begins to discover the true meaning of love that he has never experienced before.

The drama will premiere in November, and take over from ‘The Spring Day of My Life.’

By: Alvin
Copyright@KpopFighting.com

Hi everyone! Looking forward for this drama bcz of JNR-ssi ♥ Hope that she will gain more awards and popularities at the end of this year~

While waiting for official photo stills, Jang Nara fans at DCinside can't wait and photoshopped pictures of Jang Nara and Shin Ha Kyun together. Some of them look hilarious and ridiculous to me :))529dc24df11a33e40ef32a5d97bcda90_zps1f9db55a.jpg56fb947213d6488da3df5e7cee35bf5a_zps4ba84453.jpg08f86089affa99274435f865fdd67aaf_zps1a8bbf99.jpgcr: JNR DC

@ChelseaS thank you for the update. I'm away for 2 days, and finally wow the cast line up. We got Shin Ha kyun, Jang Na Ra and now Lee Joon.I wonder if the story about reverse age, than Lee Joon have to compete with his own grand Father :))

@anopinion‌

oh u frighten me with the open ending suggestion. I dont like open endings, i prefer a closure in some way.

j nara is working hard this year abd i wonder why, after such a long departure fr kdrama. but yeah mbc and even sbs has a habit of roping in actors they hv worked with before during emergencies.

as for e ending who knws, maybe the male lead will stay young permanently?

Park Ye Jin is now officially back in. They somehow successfully re-negotiated and her agency confirms her casting this morning.

I just curious how the writer is planning with reverse-aging subject....is it a continuous process a la " Benjamin Button" or just a simple waking up in the morning with younger body.....likes Miss Granny...

The article related with Park Ye Jin gonna join Mr. Baek cast as Hong Ji Yeon can be read here : http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1109978514

and also, Jung Suk Won (Baek Ji Young husband), who played as  Woo Yong Sool in Roopftop Prince. Jung Suk Won will be play as Jung I Geonthe article is here : http://news.newsway.co.kr/view.php?tp=1&ud=2014101110135604401&md=20141011103938_AO

@qwenli‌

>:D<

I really hope the awesome leads don't get wasted here.

Writer-nim, you better do well!!

Mr. Baek makes rivals of Jung Seok-won and Lee Joon
 by javabeans | October 10, 2014 | No Comment

jungsukwon_50.jpg

MBC’s Mr. Baek appears to have gone on a casting spree this week; it only confirmed its two lead stars (Shin Ha-kyun and Jang Nara) recently, and now has announced three more names. About time, too, since the show only has a month till its November premiere and time’s ticking away. (It’s not unheard of to cast the supporting leads this late, though the timing did seem a bit pressed in securing the two main leads.)

The new additions are Jung Seok-won (Haeundae Lovers) and Lee Joon (Gap-dong), who are confirmed, while Park Ye-jin (I Love Lee Tae-ri) is not. The drama’s set in a hotel group that’s run by an elderly chairman, who turns into Shin Ha-kyun when he finds himself suddenly turned young. (By the way, they’ve changed grandpa’s name again so I’m just going to assume it’ll change a half-dozen more times. We can figure it out when the drama airs.) Jung Seok-won plays a capable corporate director who has his utmost trust, being smart and ambitious, though perhaps also morally questionable: Once the grandpa chairman disappears (because he’s turned young), Jung starts entertaining thoughts of usurping his position. FULL ARTICLE Dramabeans

Guest spideysteve

anopinion said: larus said: Reading the description for the second male lead I wonder why male characters are always more interesting than women`s? He starts as a jerk, he doesn`t love money and he is changing for the better. I heard about that before. What caught my attention was the fact that he is an accident- prone kind of guy. I love this kind of characters. It could be fun to watch. Oh, father and son will be in love with the same woman? :(   At this moment I say that she will be better with the son. But where it fits our hero? I imagine that he will become old again. The second female lead will have a chance? Speculations....We`ll see soon.

Guest rienn

spideysteve said: anopinion said: larus said: Reading the description for the second male lead I wonder why male characters are always more interesting than women`s? He starts as a jerk, he doesn`t love money and he is changing for the better. I heard about that before. What caught my attention was the fact that he is an accident- prone kind of guy. I love this kind of characters. It could be fun to watch. Oh, father and son will be in love with the same woman? :(   At this moment I say that she will be better with the son. But where it fits our hero? I imagine that he will become old again. The second female lead will have a chance? Speculations....We`ll see soon.