[Hong Kong TVB Drama 2014] Line Walker 使徒行者

sugarplum892

I just finished the ending of this drama and I have to say that the last two episodes were very intense and I really enjoy it. Overall, this is a very good drama and I want to praise all the actors and actresses for such a splendid performance! I especially like Michael, Sammy and Charmaine's character  :-bd I really hope Charmaine will win the Best Actress award this year... so far, her performance and character is the most deserving for this award... 

class="headline" style="font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; font-size: 26px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 1.21em; margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Michael Miu satisfied with "Line Walker" ratingsMichael Miu satisfied with "Line Walker" ratings

3 Oct – While it was a normal occurrence for a TVB series to achieve viewership ratings up to 50 points in the past, TVB actor Michael Miu believed that a series' success nowadays cannot be measured only through its TV viewership numbers.As reported on Mingpao News, the actor, whose series "Line Walker" has been having a steady viewership ratings in the 30s, stated that the advancement of today's technology means that a series' viewership could come from various sources."People used to watch a 9.30pm show on time, but nowadays, you can watch it online at a later time. And with unlimited channels around the world, people are watching different shows on the internet," said the actor.Michael also believed the variety of choices online has definitely impacted TV viewership, thereby decreasing the rating points.However, the actor is still happy with the reception "Line Walker" has been getting."Its online viewership is also high and the number of viewers in mainland China alone is really positive," he said.And with today's series having more than one story arc, Michael said that it benefited the production as well. He joked, "If they don't want to see my face, they still have Raymond Lam and Sammy Shum."(Photo credit: jaynestars.com)Source

itemprop="name" class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 300; line-height: 1.3; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Tvb series line walker may become a film itemprop="name" class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 300; line-height: 1.3; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"1006-00282-003b1.jpg?t=14126464288011006-00282-003b2.jpg?t=1412646426444courtesy of on.cc
TVB series that ended its run last week, LINE WALKER (SI TOH HUNG JEH) has become a Mainland online hit with over 1.2 billion hits, breaking all previous TVB series record. After TRIUMPH IN THE SKIES 2 (CHUNG SEUNG WON SIU II) it may become another TVB film. Reportedly, remaining from the series would be those from the Sharp Sing undercover operation but also focus on the bright spot of the series "Brother Foon Hei" before his retirement and turning good. The content will be rather rich. 

TVB executive Elaine Lok Yi Ling who was responsible for the film department admitted that the company was discussing the LINE film. "The response has been great. Although the Hong Kong rating hasn't been released yet, the Mainland site hit rate has broken all TVB series record. Earlier TRIUMPH IN THE SKIES 2 had a film version, so we are discussing LINE. Film people will join the cast for the market, but the subject will have to remove the 'corrupted cop' section due to the Mainland market."

Source 

"Line Walker" movie version confirmed to film next year; plans to add Louis Koo and Guo Tao to the cast

Tuesday October 7, 2014 Hong Kong

Source: Oriental Daily / The Sun / MingPao
Translated by: Chloe.C 

"Line Walker" movie version confirmed to film next year; Plans to add Louis Koo and Guo Tao to the cast

TVB drama, "Line Walker" ended last Friday. Earlier, it was reported that the drama gained 1.16 billion hits on Mainland video platform, "Youku". On Monday, when asked about chances of a movie due to the drama's success, the Movie department head, Virginia Lok, admitted that the movie is already in the talks: "The response was very good, although the ratings did not come out yet, but the hits on Mainland sites broke all of our TVB dramas' records. "Triumph in the Skies 2" also has a movie version, so we are already planning a movie version for "Line Walker". In terms of characters, we will add some film actors to fit the market, but for the theme, to make it easier to enter the Mainland cinemas, we will have to take out the topic of black cops."

Today, the drama reported ratings success, peaking 35 PTS on its last episode. TVB Communications Deputy Director, Tsang Sing Ming revealed that Friday night's episode averaged 30 PTS, and peaked at 35 PTS, with 2,270,000 viewers tuning in. The whole series averaged 28 PTS. If including online platform ratings, the overall ratings would definitely average over 30 PTS! TVB Chief Executive, Norman Leung will also keep his promise, and treat the cast and crew to a celebration dinner. 

Confirmed to be hitting the big screen

Another good news is that continuing "Triumph in the Skies 2" success of hitting the cinemas, TVB has confirmed they will film a "Line Walker" movie version next year as well. In addition to the original cast, they also hope to invite Louis Koo, who is currently filming the "Triumph" movie, and Guo Tao, who became popular from the Mainland variety show "Dad, Where Are You Going?", to join the cast. Other than the fact that the two new additions have the image to fit with the undercover cops topic, they also bring a "bright yet dark" feeling. They would definitely have a lot of chemistry with Raymond Lam, Charmaine Sheh and the others; a big battle of top acting! 

Roger Kwok fighting for TV King with 2 dramas

Although Raymond Lam has become the popular choice for this year's TV King, but Roger Kwok also has a chance at TV King with "Black Heart, White Soul" and anniversary series "Come On Cousin" (aka Inbound Troubles 2). Asked if he is scared the votes will split? Yesterday, when Roger accepted a radio interview, he said: "I thought about it, but the votes would still be for me anyway, doesn't matter. The most important is being able to win the hearts of the audience."

"Come On Cousin" will be airing on October 20th.

itemprop="name" class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 26px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 300; line-height: 1.3; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Eric tsang wants to work on the line walker film1008-00282-045b1.jpg?t=1412723296943 _08MC002_.jpg
Lawrence Cheng, Michael Miu and Eric Tsang are golf fans
courtesy of mingpao.com

Michael Miu Kiu Wai two nights ago attended an indoor golf course opening ceremony as its spokesman and host the opening ceremony with his friends Eric Tsang Chi Wai and Lawrence Ng Kai Wa. His wife Chik Mei Chun also showed her support. Before the interview, Sam Gor stated that he would only talk about the event and LINE WALKER (SI TOH HUNG JEH) and not "Occupy Central". LINE's success made the leads' salaries jump. He said that this was a more pleasing work for him recently. Aside from the ideal numbers, the word of mouth was also very important. "I haven't had friends telling me that they watched the ending in a long time. The most exciting was the Mainland record breaking hit rate. Later a celebration will take place." 

Will LINE be made into a film? Sam Gor said that he awaited the company's arrangements. He even said that if the company did not make the film, he would. "I want to make the film version, I think the story can be continued. Changes to the team would be difficult." The film was rumored to be removing the "corrupted police" subject for the Mainland market. Sam Gor said that this was a creative problem, as the subject had to be made suitable for both Hong Kong and Mainland. 

Chi Wai also praised LINE and said that he watched the ending with Sam Gor and others. He revealed that at the time everyone was tempted to make the film version. Would he be interested? Chi Wai said, "Hopefully! (Would you play a role?) I hope so, this type of films is suitable for me." Yet when discussing the "Occupy Central" movement, Chi Wai paused for over ten seconds. Was his heart aching? He looked worried as he said, "I think no one want to see Hong Kong turn into this, the student appeal is right but they seem to be unable to find a stage. When would this end? This is truly what everyone is the most worried about." He felt that now it has become clearer and clearer. Very few people there were students, some might be there to be a part of the crowd or to disrupt. Now they had to face all the people's complaints about their lives being affected, which was what everyone wanted to see the least and the moment that was the most flammable. Chi Wai pointed out that lately headmasters and respected people have spoken up and said that this was a very dangerous time. He suggested opening Tamar Park for students to make their appeal there. The people could support them after work and the roads would be freed up. 

Source 
__________________________________________________Source: Wacow @ Blog163 Translated by: Chloe.C
TVB Ratings Report (09/29/2014 - 10/05/2014)
Dramas Line Walker - 使徒行者 (EPS 26-30) - 29 PTS (Peaking at 35 PTS)
All That Is Bitter Is Sweet - 大藥坊 (EPS 16-20) - 24 PTS (Peaking at 27 PTS)
Come Home Love - 愛.回家 (EPS 610-614) - 22 PTS
Shades of Life - 我們的天空 (EP 11) - 18 PTS 
Variety Shows Walk the Walk, Talk the Talk - SUNDAY扮嘢王 - 22 PTS
Neighborhood Treasures 6 - 千奇百趣玩HIGH D - 19 PTS
Queen Feast - 女皇的盛宴 - 18 PTS
Scoop - 東張西望 - 17 PTS
(Nielsen TAM: 1 point represents 64,920 viewers)
Additional Info: - Line Walker's last episode averaged 30 PTS and peaked at 35 PTS. The whole series run averaged 28 PTS.___________________________________"Line Walker" records a total of 1.16 billion hits on Youku; Possible chances for a sequel, movie or spinoff
Source: MingPao / Oriental DailyTranslated by: Chloe.C
The night before, the ending to TVB drama "Line Walker" was broadcasted. The drama recorded a total of 1.16 billion hits on the Mainland video platform "Youku", which is also currently the highest record for any HK drama on a Mainland video platform. Because the ending left a lot of underlying plots that could be developed, for example, like someone mysteriously deleting "Foon Hei Gor"'s undercover cop file, it is rumoured that there may be a spin-off or sequel.
Raymond Lam and Charmaine Sheh's TVB drama "Line Walker" has attracted a lot of attention and discussion ever since it premiered. Many were very into guessing who the undercovers are and also voted on their preferred ending. The reputation and ratings were overall quite good. Producer, Jazz Man, previously revealed that there would be a 6th undercover cop, which raised even more discussion. On Friday night, the ending was well received by the audience. "Foon Hei Gor" who is played by Benz Hui, left an underplot for the drama, making the audience hopeful of a Foon Hei Gor prequel. Jazz Man expressed that many characters in the drama have a lot of space for development, so he hopes that they can continue developing the story. 
After netizens saw the ending scene, many discussions arised on whether or not they would film a "Foon Hei Gor Prequel", a sequel or a movie version? Asking producer Jazz Man, he expressed that Foon Hei Gor is not part of the 5 undercover cops that Hong Sir set up. The mysterious person from the police force who deleted Foon Hei Gor's files is left for the audience to use their imagination. Before Foon Hei Gor was able to finish his mission, his identity (as a cop) had already been deleted. There were also many underlying plots within the drama, like whether he continued to use his triad identity to investigate, in order to take revenge for his wife? As for whether or not they would film a sequel or prequel, he stated that many characters still have a lot of space for expansion and development, like whether or not Cheuk Hoi would continue serving the police force in another way. 
During a phone interview, Jazz Man also expressed his desire to film a movie version: "The story still has space for development, we can use Foon Hei Gor to film a sequel. But this will have to depend on the audience's responses and the company's decision. (Follow other high ratings series and film a movie version?) I hope so, there's still a lot to play with, there were many things that were revealed ambiguously." Being said to have a chance to film a spin off, Benz Hui, who plays Foon Hei Gor, replied through SMS saying that he would love to film a spin off. "Ultimate Undercover", Michael Miu, expressed his gratitude for the audience's support and love for "Line Walker", but he has not been given any further "news" from the company (about sequels). 
The "Regretful" ending will not be revealed 
The netizens were overall satisfied with the ending; there were also some who criticized that when the undercover cops' identities were revealed and the triad gangs were chasing after them, it was illogical that there were no police officers on the streets. Also, the murderer of Samantha Ko and Stephen Huynh was not revealed either. The producer expressed that the conversation between Chung King Fai and Michael Miu already revealed the answer, as Chung King Fai had said whether or not he needed help to finish the task. In the end, the perfect happy ending was broadcasted, the producer stated that he respects the audience's choice, so the "regretful" ending will not be shown.

Michael Miu: I will invest if TVB won't!

8 Oct – "Line Walker" lead star Michael Miu recently stated that he has no qualms about reprising his role as CIB Chief Inspector Cheuk Hoi, should the plan for a movie version be realised.

According to On CC News, the actor, who attended a promotional event with Eric Tsang and Lawrence Ng recently, said that he is currently waiting for the company to make the arrangements.

Michael even offered to produce the project if TVB is not interested to turn it into a movie.

"I am satisfied with the ratings of "Line Walker". Thus, I will invest in the movie version if the company doesn't want to," said Michael.

Eric Tsang chimed in, and jokingly said that an undercover role suits him best if the series is adapted to the big screen.

(Photo credit: jaynestars)

Source

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed it, it has been a while since I watched a TVB drama, some of the special effects and sound effects sounded a bit off, but the storyline was great. Is it comfirmed tvb is going to make a movie for line walker? 

aw614 said: I enjoyed it, it has been a while since I watched a TVB drama, some of the special effects and sound effects sounded a bit off, but the storyline was great. Is it comfirmed tvb is going to make a movie for line walker?  Yup it is confirmed that they are making it into a movie and louis koo is once again invited to film it (just like for Triumphs in the Skies movie)

"Line Walker" holds celebration dinner; Charmaine Sheh will leave it to fate regarding reconciliation with Kevin Cheng

Friday October 24, 20 Hong Kong

Source: The Sun / Oriental Daily
Translated by: Chloe.C

TVB drama "Line Walker"had great ratings success; therefore, as promised, TVB Executive Chairman, Norman Leung, held a celebration dinner for the cast and crew yesterday. Charmaine Sheh and Raymond Lam were asked about relationships. Asked if she has reconciled with Kevin Cheng, Charmaine smiled sweetly and said she is waiting for love, whether or not it comes will be up to fate. On the other hand, Raymond Lam expressed that he has prepared something sweet for girlfriend, Karena Ng's birthday!

TVB drama "Line Walker" was extremely popular in the city during its run, recording an average of 30.5 PTS. Yesterday night, TVB Executive Chairman, Norman Leung, treated the cast and crew to celebrate their ratings success. Main cast Charmaine Sheh, Raymond Lam, Sharon Chan, Sammy Shum and Stephen Huynh and others attended. This is the third drama this year to receive a celebration dinner after "Come Home Love" and "Gilded Chopsticks".

Waiting for love luck to come

Earlier, Charmaine was photographed attending Raymond Cho's birthday with ex-boyfriend, Kevin Cheng. Asked if the two have reconciled? She laughed and said it was a misunderstanding: "I only knew there was another party going on when I got there, but the parties were in different rooms." Asked if she and Kevin talked (at the party)? She smiled sweetly and nodded: "It was just hot pot! Very lively atmosphere! (Reconciled?) We haven't contacted in a while. I was a bit drunk that night, don't remember much, but everyone was happy! (Contact through messaging?) No. (Do you want him to?) I am waiting for my own love, leave it up to fate! (He's pursuing you again?) Leave it to fate, I also want someone by my side who can make me happy. (A lot of people pursuing you?) No!" Afterwards, she quickly changed to subject saying she will be filming the movie "Return of the Cuckoo", and humbly stated that she has not yet been nominated for TV Queen. 

Raymond Lam, who was rumoured to have joined EEG at a sky value of 100 million HKD, admitted that he has indeed signed a contract with EEG already, but the price is business confidential. Asked if he signed a 3 year contract? He said: "That's what the news said, then sure it is!" 

Birthday Surprise

Asked if he has been planning for girlfriend, Karena Ng's birthday, which is on the 27th of this month? Raymond expressed that he is preparing a birthday party for her: "Been preparing for 3 months, it will be held in Hong Kong! (Give her a gift?) I will give her something handmade. I told her not to guess. She is always able to guess right, so in the end it's not a surprise anymore!" Norman Leung heavily praised "Line Walker" for being creative. Speaking of how the audience TV habits have changed, will they lower their expectations and treat cast and crews to dinner if they can reach 24 to 25 PTS? He expressed that the best is at least 28 PTS: "There still needs to be a bit of a challenge!" As for HKTV starting their online channel soon, he stated that he is not worried at all: "Their platform is like a shopping platform, it isn't a channel, not really even considered media. We are different types of business. (They will also broadcast dramas?) They are broadcasting dramas they have in their storage, they will eventually run out of dramas to air." 

Sharon Chan loses her voice due to her cold

As for Sharon Chan, who lost her voice because of her cold, is currently busy handling her new bakery business, "Blesscuit Bakery", asked if her husband feels pained to see her like this? She said: "A little! He told me to go see the doctor. (Affected business because you're sick?) I can still type, friends are all very supportive, buying by boxes of ten!"

Note: 30.5 PTS average most likely includes MyTV viewership count as well, as many people watch the live broadcast on MyTV opposed to television.

• 1 month later...

class="headline" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; line-height: 1.21em; font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Charmaine Sheh surprised to repeat 2006's victoryCharmaine Sheh surprised to repeat 2006's victory

16 Dec – Newly reigned TV Queen Charmaine Sheh stated that she originally thought she would not win the coveted title when she won Most Popular Female TV Character category.

According to On CC News, the actress, who accepted an interview with popular host Maria Leitao after the ceremony, stated that she was surprised and overjoyed to win both awards, and felt déjà vu as she experienced the same thing eight years ago.

By this, Charmaine referred to her double victory at the TVB Anniversary Awards in 2006, when she won both TV Queen and Most Popular Female Character for her multiple roles in "Maiden's Vow".

"It was a challenge to play my character [undercover agent Ding Siu Ka] in "Line Walker", but I know they created the role for me," she said.

Asked if she plans to win the award again next time to become a three-time TV Queen, Charmaine replied, "I don't think about winning awards when filming a series."

Source

• 4 weeks later...

2014 Top Ten Highest Rating SeriesThursday January 8, 2015 Hong KongCredits: to hyn5 1. "Gilded Chopsticks" 29 points2. "Line Walker" 28 points3. "Storm in a Cocoon" 27 points4. "Rear Mirror" 27 points5. "Outbound Love" 26 points6. "Black Heart White Soul" 26 points7. "Ruse of Engagement" 26 points8. "Come On, Cousin" 26 points9. "Never Dance Alone" 25 points10. "Queen Divas" 25 points
2014 Lowest Rating Series1. "Journey to the West" 22 points2. "The Ultimate Addiction" 23 points3. "Lady Sour" 23 points
2014 Top Five Highest Consolidated Rating Series(includes online ratings) 1. "Line Walker" 30.5 points2. "Gilded Chopsticks" 30.3 points3. "Rear Mirror" 28.6 points4. "Storm in a Cocoon" 28.3 points5. "Outbound Love" 27.6 points
FYI: "Come Home Love", "Shades of Life", and "Tiger Cubs II" were not included.

Line Walker's ratings triumphs over other TVB series in Taiwan

line%2Bwalker%2Btaiwan.jpg
Last year in Hong Kong, the reviews and ratings for TVB series Line Walker (使徒行者) starring Raymond Lam (林峯) and Charmaine Sheh (佘詩曼) were highly well-received. Ultimately, it was awarded the Best Series and Best Actress at the Anniversary Awards ceremony. Recently, the last episode of the series was aired in Taiwan; the average rating for the whole series reached 0.27 points, approximately 160000 people tuned it to watch, becoming the rating winner amongst TVB series aired in Taiwan throughout the recent years. It can be said that the series has become widely popular in Mainland China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan.

Source: ON.CC (HK)
Translated by: chaierie @ Asian E-News Portal
http://www.asian-enews-portal.blogspot.com/

Archived