[Drama 2017] Saimdang, Light's Diary 사임당, 빛의 일기

Kaizen68

4 hours ago, irilight said:

@gerrytan8063, always such a wealth of information. Thank you.. I wish I could go there....

@SMP567,   you may have interest in this drama...!

@irilight   Thank you.  I do. I look forward to watching the drama about the life story of this great woman of her time.

Spoiler

And also another drama about the great man of his time, Jang Yeong Sil.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something interesting...

110C0B4A4FDB02CE083A0D

10,000 KRW note with the picture of King Sejong the Great on

0000935.jpeg

The highest value, the 50,000 KRW note, has the portrait of Saimdang

south-korea-5000-won.jpeg

5,000 KRW note with the picture of Yi I, Saimdang's son, who is one of Joseon's famous Confucian scholars

Cr : @gerrytan8063
Cr :   http://m.blog.daum.net/bang4776/11525

On 12/31/2015 at 11:38 PM, gerrytan8063 said:

@irilight

For those who are interested in Shin Saimdang's birthplace & hometown Gangneung, there will be a KTX line that links from Incheon airport (ICN) to Gangneung, Gangwon-do via Pyeongchang due to be completed prior to the Pyeongchang Olympics in 2018. The KTX train ride is expected to be a 1hr 40mins or under 2 hrs train ride, while the current chug along train to Gangneung takes between 6 -7 hours, while the express bus is a 3 hour bus ride, a car will take 2.5hr

This will enable you to head straight to Gangneung without going into Seoul from Incheon airport

Thank you @gerrytan8063 for this info. I know who to PM before my next trip to SK... hehe  Am also so glad you will be watching thiis drama as well. I'm pretty new to sagueks which isn't a genre I typically would go for. And I've read your input in Splendid Politics and other threads, and love the info and translation you shared. Thanks for always sharing :) 

@irilight I've no doubt that DF or Viki, perhaps even both, will be carrying this drama and subbing it too. I mean, who can be more 'commanding' of attention then LYA? It's a comeback of comebacks :P I hope Saimdang will be better than good. 

Thanks for all updates :P 

9 hours ago, SMP567 said:

@irilight   Thank you.  I do. I look forward to watching the drama about the life story of this great woman of her time.

Hide contents

And also another drama about the great man of his time, Jang Yeong Sil.

@SMP567 fabulous..... We shall see each other on both threads.... 

Thank you for showing us that beautiful artwork.... and insights on Korean currency....

@jadecloud, chingu.. I am with you on that for sure.. I was worried when no one mentioned that drama. I think there is a younger generation in there that want to just see the current hot actors/actresses.  I did not realize before, that you are new to sageuks. I am not a totally newbie, but I certainly have a lot to catch up on, when it comes to sageuks...

Happy New Year everyone...

Happy-New-Year.jpg

15 hours ago, jadecloud said:

WOW! So beautiful! Love them all :P Hello and thanks for updates @SMP567

@jadecloud

Hello, glad you like them.

P5-P3085270

Statue of Shin Saimdang at Ojukheon

Cr: http://teach-english-abroad-blog-south-korea.ciee.org/2014/04/the-whos-who-of-korean-cash.html

@SMP567 @jadecloud

Here is a story I like to share......

For those who wish to go to Seoul, a visit to Cheongwadae (Blue House, President residence) is absolutely free, you just have to registered on an online reservation 3 weeks or more prior to your intend date of visit....& you can also get a freebie memento of your tour as well, although the tour commentary is in Korean but you can get a head set guide device that have various language translation of the places of interest in the tour

http://english1.president.go.kr/tours/information.php

During my visit to Cheongwadae in November 2012, one of the member of the tour group was interested to know my country of origin. I try to explained the locality & obviously her geography knowledge wasn't very good, so I told her that I was from the country which has the World Tallest Twin Towers & so happened I had our country currency RM5 note which feature the twin towers, I gave to her as a token , she return the same domination of a W5,000 note which feature Yulgok Yi I. Then she told me that he was very famous. I told her that I would prefer his Mother (denoting that I prefer the higher value as his mother is a W50,000 note). She misunderstood me telling that his Mother is not famous...her friend caught my drift telling her that I was indicating the W50,000 note. She had a laugh that she didn't put 2 & 2 together

Thanks for the updates!

Lee Young Ae's return to the small screen is fantastic, and I am certain that her acting in Saimdang will mesmerize viewers once again.

On January 1, 2016 at 10:33 PM, irilight said:

SBS unveiled Saimdang at the SBS drama Awards

@irilight, I can't wait to watch this drama. It has two of my favorite actors and it's historical too.  I was disappointed when I read she turned down Jewel of the Palace 2, now I know why.  I'm so excited about this drama.

@lclarakl,     hi white cloud       I am so thrilled you are joining us here  :D

Me too.. I can barely wait... I am still curious about how they would use the interaction between present and past.

@SMP567. I am always so grateful to your posts and contributions.   I love all the stills of Lee Young-Ae from the SBS drama awards. That was such a special treat to have her as a presenter there.   I love your stills from the teaser, and I love your historical posting with her statue. I get goosebummps thinking of such a woman in ancient Korea.

I love that this drama is pre-produced too.

Embedded image permalink

Filming in Italy.

Song Seung-heon's "Saimdang, the Herstory" poster and teaser video

2016/01/13photo674436.jpg

Actor Seong Seung-heon's presence in the SBS drama "Saimdang, the Herstory" is outstanding.

Song Seung-heon is featured on the drama poster revealed by Group 8 on the 14th.

Song Seung-heon looks almost mad about something. He looks like he's about to jump out of the poster and causes anxiety about his character Lee Gyeom.

Song Seung-heon's role of Lee Kyeom was destined to meet Saimdang when they were younger and he only had eyes for her. He's the Joseon version of The Great Gatsby.

He is an artist from head to toe but he doesn't agree with injustice and doesn't refrain from telling right from wrong even to the highest powers.

The poster has been in the spotlight ever since it came out.

This drama is Song Seung-heon's first historical drama and his character of Lee Gyeom is sure to draw attention.

He is the owner of an arts gallery where many artists gathered back in the days and the head of a painting bureau making him the Joseon Renaissance Man.

Song Seung-heon is completely engrossed in his character and it is highly expected that he will appear to be a completely different character from all that he's been until now.

"Saimdang, the Herstory" is a retold story of Saimdang which began production in August last year and is due to be released at the later half of this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived