[Drama 2017] Saimdang, Light's Diary 사임당, 빛의 일기

Kaizen68

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spoiler

I bawled my eyes out last night. How can love be so hard? I am broken into pieces. The moon nap bit is so profound and heartfelt. That's how Lee Gyeom get the idea naming the mansion in Italy 'siesta di luna', I suppose. 

What's next episode going to be?another rollercoaster of emotions for sure.  Bring it on. 

@liddi Hehe  Crown Prince crossed over and had a meeting in the present timeline ... and our outlaw leader was in the coffee shop too..somebody is going to be happy :)   

What an episode... what beautiful scenery...if i ever get to Korea i am going hiking .  It would not have hurt Saimdang to give our LG at least a good hug ...she can stay a mother , but please love for our gorgeous man should be there too .  Why did she burn the paintings? 

6 minutes ago, Farah Ayuni said:

Indeed. Spectacular. I was so hoping for at least a hug or hand holding. 

Saimdang is an important historical figure so they cannot portray her as someone indecent even the story with Lee Gyeom is a fictitious one.

.... l am so speechless of Saimdang's husband, bringing his mistress home and letting his children and wife see the lecherous pair! :angry:

3 minutes ago, Mico Ricco said:

Saimdang is an important historical figure so they cannot portray her as someone indecent even the story with Lee Gyeom is a fictitious one.

.... l am so speechless of Saimdang's husband, bringing his mistress home and letting his children and wife see the lecherous pair! :angry:

Yeah, u r right. I thought so too. They wont tarnish her good image. 

That guy is just shameless. 

@saimdang @Mico Ricco

" what beautiful scenery."

AaoSZAf.jpg&key=30fb3e95b18100628f0cdfa1284f034cbf93a12facf19279091bd2c27e486e6e

The Geumgangsan in this picture is a green screen....superimpose background, it doesn't exist

If you like hiking, the nearest to Seoul is the Seoul Fortress Wall hike with Inwangsan mountain

"l am so speechless of Saimdang's husband, bringing his mistress home and letting his children and wife see the lecherous pair!"

In the international version, not shown in the SBS version, Yi Won Su after reading Shin Saimdang's letter went to the palace with supper only to witness Shin Saimdang & Yi Gyeom together......

7 hours ago, gerrytan8063 said:

@saimdang @Mico Ricco

" what beautiful scenery."

In the international version, not shown in the SBS version, Yi Won Su after reading Shin Saimdang's letter went to the palace with supper only to witness Shin Saimdang & Yi Gyeom together......

Yi Won Su saw Saimdang and Yi Gyeom together? Is this from tonight's episode? I havent seen it. 

13 minutes ago, Farah Ayuni said:

Yi Won Su saw Saimdang and Yi Gyeom together? Is this from tonight's episode? I havent seen it. 

International version means paid / subscriber stations such as Omnibus Plus, Oh!K (Astro, Singtel TV, Starhub, Transvision), etc.

@gerrytan8063 yes, l am aware that the Geumgangsan in the drama doesn't exist and it was beautiful picture based on superimpose background.  So romantic and beautiful!

44 minutes ago, gerrytan8063 said:

"l am so speechless of Saimdang's husband, bringing his mistress home and letting his children and wife see the lecherous pair!"

Please correct if l am wrong. 

Based on historical fact, Yi Won Su did remarry right? 

And there were different (historical) versions of his actual government positions so can l say that he was quite a shady or dodgy person?

p1XLhhY.jpg

I love Ep25 (is it still necessary to say which version? :tongue:) with all the reveals in the modern timeline, and bridging the gap as far as the historical timeline is concerned, stopping at Saimdang's first audience with the king prior to painting his portrait.

SJY is back, stronger than ever, with the support from her entire family. It is truly a joy to see just how they have all rallied behind her, her mother-in-law using her previous words to explain that she needs to be with SJY, since she has said she couldn't live without her :D I love her father, wise and unfailingly supportive through her highs and lows, and I am truly glad she has him as her anchor and safe harbour when she was adrift after all that befell her. His parting words - that she always made him proud - brings me to tears, and I know that even if she comes back bleeding and defeated, she will be fine, with her family's unconditional love to carry her through.

The new SJY is a force to reckon with, reminiscent of the woman who stared down Prof. Min at the club, and solicited Director Sun's support in their endeavour. How amazing she is, when she confronts Prof. Min once more, throwing down the gauntlet and defying him to give her all he's got, which would in turn be fuel to her fire. It is so good to see cracks in his cocky facade, and exciting that the game is afoot once more. As expected, present day Man Deuk failed to rise above the sliminess of his past incarnation, and has thrown in his lot with Prof. Min and his supply of Energy f "drinks". With the realisation that the Soojinbang Diary would provide definitive proof of the authenticity of the Mt. Geumgang painting, I wonder what tricks he has up his sleeve. Will he stage another heist and relieve them off the diary? Can we please have equal emphasis on both timelines in Ep26 as well? Questions questions!

SJY's meeting with RADE (one of them!) is insightful into understanding the shadowy organisation that has rattled the international art world. Even more so, the realisation that the Youtube video which caused her acute embarrassment and discomfit, was instrumental in triggering their suspicions about the Mt. Geumgang painting. Still, this does not explain modern day Gyeom's overt interest in her, one I hope will be given better justification than just her beauty which has been mentioned various times. I would be very annoyed if it were relegated to something that shallow, after all the build-up leading to his reveal.

Some clips, including extra footage from the historical timeline:

Spoiler

An extended scene of Princess Jeongsun who is extremely convinced of her artistic talents, and declares that she should challenge herself by drawing the king's portrait. When Hwieumdang points out that women are not permitted to be Dohwaseo artists, the princess decries the injustice of such a law, saying that it is the country's loss to disallow someone with so much talent in her two hands to draw. She then declares that she will ask her father, the King to rectify this.

SJY tells her father and mother-in-law about her intention to go back to Seoul the next day. Her father notes that she must finally be prepared, to which she agrees, saying that she thinks she has found the answer she has been looking for. Her mother-in-law grumbles good-naturedly that previously she was the one kept pestering her to come to Pyeongchang, and now she is the one who wants to go back. When SJY apologises, saying there are some things she needs to handle personally, her mother-in-law says she too is busy, and her company has been chasing her to go back. She then admits that she already planned to return earlier and will be leaving by the first train, but asks SJY to let Eun Soo sleep in and return by a later train. SJY's father protests, asking her to stay a few days more, but she declines, explaining that it is fine. She teases that SJY keeps saying she cannot live without her, so she will just have keep her company.

The next morning, SJY finds a gift that her father bought, with a card saying that he doesn't understand cosmetics, but merely asked the salesgirl to select the best and wrap it up, not knowing if she likes it, and ends with "I love you, my daughter." She wakes Eun Soo up and gets him to clean up and prepare to return. Saying their goodbyes, Eun Soo promises to return and visit during the school holidays. As SJY and her father hug, he tells her that she will definitely win the fight. There has never been a day over the years that he has never felt proud of her. She tears up at her father's words, and thanks him for the boost in confidence. SJY's father tells Eun Soo to look after his mother and ushers them into the taxi, waving to them as they drive off.

GHJ meets HSH at the back room of the club, looking worse for wear after her hangover. When he asks what she intends to do now, she says she will grab this opportunity to move on. She explains that a sunbae of hers opened up his own business after retiring, and is making a lot of profit. She might just do the same and make more money. Just then they both receive a message from SJY, asking if they are ready to fight. Meanwhile, SJY approaches Prof. Min at his office. He sarcastically says that she is looking well, like she has good news. He then brings up the dissertation, claiming that he thought she would at least be ethical in her studies, but did not think she would stoop to plagiarism. This is what he intends to correct as chancellor. He questions her mocking smile, to which she says she finds it pitiful and feels ashamed that she was once exactly like him, caring only for the art and seeing only the value and worth of the work. However, there is something far more important and valuable, which is the heart of the artist. From here on, she would fight to guard the heart of the artist. Unscrupulous people like Prof. Min would never be able to rob her of her reputation, even if they took away all her qualifications. Refusing to let him get a word in, she tells him to bring it on, and whatever he does will be the fuel to her fire.

Princess Jeongsun is throwing a tantrum after hearing the news that Saimdang will be doing the king's portrait, blaming Hwieumdang for telling her previously that women were not allowed to paint the king. Hwieumdang protests that as far as she knows, that is true, to which the princess then rants why Saimdang could, when she herself is such a perfect candidate.

HSH and GHJ are at the Art Appraisal Association president's office, who dismisses the diary as merely a novel. When they ask if he had analysed it properly seeing it is obviously from the 16th century, he claims that it is possible the story was written on 16th century paper. In addition the calligraphy is ambiguous, so he cannot be certain. HSH protests that that is exactly the reason a team needs to be formed to appraise it. However, the president shoots down the idea, scoffing at the notion of setting up a team over a book of unknown origins. Besides, when has Shin Saimdang ever had a hidden memoir? He thinks it's a joke, and tells them to leave. GHJ immediately confronts him, stating that he must know Prof. Min, and asks whether they have been in touch, to which he denies, saying he has never even met him. HSH expresses his disappointment that things are still the same even though the there was a change in president, but GHJ interrupts him, sarcastically stating that while people may lie, relics don't, and if this is genuine, the truth will be revealed one day. They then left with the diary and their findings. After they left, the president calls Prof. Min to tell him he has gotten rid of them, to which the latter says is a wise decision, and that someone will be up to see him soon. As HSH and GHJ leave in anger, Asst. Nam shows up and hands a suspicious Energy f box to the president, who gives him a file in return.

SJY is reading up on Mt. Geumgang on her phone when she receives an email from RADE asking to meet. Realising that he understands Korean, she reads on, which says that while it is fine to say he has contacted her, he asks that she does not let her friends know they are meeting in order to maintain his confidentiality. Just then HSH and GHJ show up, with the latter ranting that there does not appear to be any hope left for art in Korea, with Prof. Min and the association president being such unscrupulous characters. She tells them about the email from RADE, much to their shock and HSH's annoyance, that RADE would ignore his multiple emails but only respond to SJY. Have his tens of emails all sunk into the sea? GHJ tells him to stop making a fuss, since RADE knows that the Soojinbang Diary, Portrait of a Beauty, as well as Mt. Geumgang painting were all discovered by SJY. When pressed for more, SJY evasively says that RADE will write again, and this email only stated that he has seen HSH's messages, which her team accepts unquestioningly. GHJ is relieved that he has finally responded since this shows he is on their side, and says she can finally breathe. However, HSH feels that if he were on their side, he should show himself and support them. Nonetheless, GHJ doesn't mind, feeling that now there is a glimmer of hope, and  they can expose Prof. Min's real side to the world, which HSH emphatically agrees.

Prof. Min analyses the findings that the association president sent him, including printouts of the Soojinbang Diary entries, and realises that this is not a novel, but a definitive memoir by Shin Saimdang, written in her own hand. This is also crucial evidence which would elevate the value of the Mt. Geumgang painting. However..

SJY arrives at the cafe and is told by our Crown Prince proprietor (?) that they are about to close. Hearing that she has an appointment with someone, he invites her to go in. She looks around the area and sees someone getting ready to leave, who happens to be our bandit Im Kkok Jeung, who has cleaned up nicely. He looks flustered, asking if she knew him. and when she doesn't answer, he walks away, saying his favourite line "Really pretty" haha! Suddenly the lights dim and the proprietor invites her to sit down, saying that she is even prettier than her photos, laughing at her bemusement. She says she never expected RADE to be Korean, but was surprised when he says there are Koreans. He explains that RADE is not a person, but an organisation. Eastern works are the responsibility of the Asian team. "Small Bouquet", which has been a hot topic of late, was handled by their European counterparts. SJY notes that it appears to be a wide organisation, which the man admits that they themselves do not know how large they are, nor the identities and nationalities of their counterparts. He reveals that they started investigating the Mt. Geumgang painting even before HSH's correspondence, after they saw the video when SJY was confronted by HSH about its authenticity. From her tone and expression, they determined that there must be something fishy about the painting. As SJY absorbs all this, she admits that although the mail was sent, she is at a loss where to start. To him, the most ideal situation is to have the fake and genuine paintings revealed to the world at the same time, but even just one will be sufficient to expose the truth. SJY points out that the real painting has been burnt by Prof. Min, to which he asks if she really believes Prof. Min who is greedy, lusts after power and an art expert, would so easily destroy it. Hearing this, she begins to wonder if he actually had a fake done and burnt. He says this is just a theory, but one he is willing to bet on. Regardless, assuming he is correct, they will definitely have to find its exact location, and as such be able to attack Prof. Min. All this while, he has been toying with Prof. Min through SMSes and mails, which must be rattling the man. With more provocation, he would be goaded into extreme action, which would be the time for them to move in. Curious, SJY questions the reason he would expose his identity to her and reveal all their plans. His enigmatic answer that it pleases him to do so, bemuses her even further.

As she leaves the café, she recalls their last conversation, when she asks if he was the one who helped her son with his drawing and sent her the card. When he is not forthcoming with an answer, she adds that her son's drawing was uploaded on their blog, and asks again if that was him, to which he denies. Confused, she asks if he knows who it was, but he does not answer, saying only that perhaps he will show up again by her side. Unable to understand what is going on, she walks slowly away. Meanwhile, our proprietor makes a call to someone he refers to as "boss", saying he has done as he asked. He then teases him, saying he should have shown up himself instead of getting him to do so, and that SJY really is pretty. He assures that he will continue to observe and send any pertinent information over.

And yes @saimdang! Finally a crossover that was not a figment of my imagination :D Our bandit leader is equally dorky in present day, and still praising her beauty, while our Crown Prince is now subservient to modern day Gyeom, calling him "boss" :tongue: And how funny that back in Seoul, mother-in-law is busy doing demos and selling Saimdang products to customers at their homes, one of whom is Princess Jeongsun. Certainly role reversals are the order of the day!

Im Kkok Jeung

Spoiler

Prpa_qPi-RAzTvJ_ee2W_OnGOy8sZjUeSDJraTEqHQ0lxfZnOXpnT1lOf3cjQzBtR2PfWD5aZVWv7ABfddiAItUwaDlhAi8-omtPcEhbNy5PgwkoXCXVSaiUryntLCMG6XiP_qzJah76M1nh5LmSdOG9ZsbgARFAb1lxgp0ouIF4HB9XW-86jcktjjzqyDFY5AapCc43PhmwC4VTKAyjzAOu_Zr8tA9mmgxSEw7pC1FTGr1xTmg2FYw7okDwOGpAuU5itbMzQp85YEvprzD0PYMQVnPfXmfwjuaR1T6sHWSOYB60LHzRmJtXSZ9MZWhH6ghVMYTNKQEpfJm0-cH5tIXHknlimlLun5nNd7aBsFhs8NOcia8gdlkx8youhnG9OuyFYD4GD5A2GeiUrZe8de72nj1bqHc45avlph_csCtgDy9wFtwdbH3mae-dxJTDbUwyL1Djtyn-87poiTvnvKg9qvndH0y1eBzmgoGjk2mBrmsotI_U7O5HV1PTAXRoPXcqAKJOY54l23FQ2b9rdodFYvNZa6Nmb20kdeY2VI8x8HAaLCXxtND80ehjg0AvVD_fvHN6yGGbD2MDlo7REBPZhycA-AQA0h2SxWjq8_EdfUURBd_X8o2tPPrZL_ImnLqwA8ouWmH2pFPXeFtobgLIH-Wfb4CO=w640-h369-noZRgN_ByWMtfgF3BOKaqb-LSrB5VT_r-wmR_8Mjb45s_nNp00N9xdeioRzgAtPvvR7ypjwCXbkc-pyLhIR2HpsPUUmiduy_CjCa649TXUPWMk-nOzMV6G0-hPRRzo-80tUAMJffYez7BY5O4GIIp7vPbH-QRUItVIaw348ME3eYnZXDnq1xAFxeMu-EdtIjIt-GS9DXDdOw3QHvt2FOpahxB-xl4S3nFn0UIpKfISW1Z11zj6wes91-XCxtEAiUFNVXEitvmHsACaQXzlD42dHBpyqBAusGTGXCiQV3jqCgFQJad-O14tnVccKNEPZpxK8zJUsOz1cBrbJnQUw_1hsQvwHVknQNB7pavvjALQjcIeCrG9Un4pR306DREbH_gyKRFUmT37tu0h3uuiLCh8vf_WoD2Mf4h2o_43L5nmxKMkX1LPfUa_5P4mhhBTBUwC-pZRWvC6IgQG_FQXrhUGRLQQ-7-drEtTL7wHekDJ-FYslCOzBgd-waCZCJky8iRamGCtHjPu8ndyLkD2YuAGs0ZhKdwBp79v1G1E4JYNJW0f3vnr0V8ypaSTK9v7eoy_kzHNZf-9TcOIfh25Wuz6KinsNB-NL42mDAdrSwWw9zGZQU4q9x7ySoaJF2sBy_XhTvyRPIvd5XucsRYmOnRyr3qEM6BgZsCR=w640-h386-no

Crown Prince

Spoiler

O34_uILtWwJSPWwSPcdhjCJ3K8gGYIBp32wjD22k6aSx5QyUO01xJIciHPeDhUUH6IrjrJqT6LwD4Tg9azb2sRCMtFSkAZrlfkJaEgYRXju3kXKjwJZl2vjbFSWQvxFZ_82g_tYxPQ4VLSmxUhymwMm0i7X8ZJPbvINsxcc3l5gzXqu62w8c97ptFsDVvPs8BurBNL1mO9TFqZj-JXMNGBZiARbpamybSU2cx8DlFNfa2TOaxLLpKfyW6NFoJzv6SXdV3K6wDP5UGU5U4OZBEtoOKGBavibGuH1CVEXq1Clu7j7GlNxdhXWDZhY3vHzSc0Srk6nc1voGWIOtiJgzexHeAvifnhf1L1CeOnA5-QLFYHw1onOmVUF4eERacoMSqacIu-PcujCICX4dgspsAw_wnsjF28yiUYJS61qyZxQSeqgbN7SlZ_PLizxf1KKIzYO5tY89Qu8RKAtXZkfQ_yEw_aj91GjeUbMR4XRff9ObvgiIt0KYC5OWKIS0Y-Ucfc9BxwNSThhyZVfIH7qGjCKRQCnUEMXlFfjbOWw8b9Spm5GYBKpRBbnihxets7l61Drj_Xoqa8wXt5wLfp3RmI4wkQ-BMUoHs7z7YMSz-9uNm1NVDCVWm3hRmtp9ZerP2-gQYbDMd533dhPBLjrpxs0z4C6kF47-=w640-h386-noQ6ptIQg6xZQazcRZrW_ZF-N01s394O6FNj9woCYb2u6BIvXmsoVCFd3UMQP13FvkOQ78PgLTNjxlEyd_QYBzigrB7WEdzo6g2XwS_7I0p5_6RGxvZt0aymL3-T3oQpUl6A1SIkEtt4i1fX2lFfWTGOXd4GeE2Or1Cs2wZsDtCXVBWZvrisdx5il-AOu9J-CPape6BPgM7PAnaJGAmJTNPv0FbAFFpMPHPpIjr6aiM4x5mUFk_viY9JDza31VEs0aoTKZVcatFU-gxdAkHRSDgFEJ7e2xDEQECPYjoW_aaPeOVt6MPncWIq-hNoBRboVcegRrNUmWr5AdYX8rLxpU0y7TrTa-ndym2mVamLybCb5ljf9o6NIyBAIFFldWem5t6EiaHGUezwRkxFQn4GSPZWG_7S4ltzsSbR7R_GMHROD8_GPcIMnxt2PrJAJf4nJmdYsIxWq5pO2WpDKNn9CqjM7HF9DT0sGDPlmmT4JonJYJJopFcbdBO_rFdyOnswmGqqsEgxxmC5TPIEeIJh4Cn3jAFM4O_WWMI1XcS0DtuvmgZcZnDJtmNFRgN8EVMJYEaIISut40G6pVT6J3yUsn1rjkbb8SqyjL335g2lKhzTb31NMw24JfsrvTfXs40Brho6kvcu4tacSVrOk-wb2YiFBWTN_813kK=w640-h386-no

Royal Concubine Nam and Princess Jeongsun

Spoiler

x39D3fYnVEjki5Y6_zHhrLFoQ61r2EADHTqMj4zVZVpqCVXPxiSLotSyrBPYqd5Oj-5gAhk7x15HsBduLKIfOytkEP88L8t71E3c5hTid8YhvAedSVurGLb-XHfWwuUTPkw-Ds5olbVcSU_G6lfkDtQrfK4e-QA_xL4r98S1nE7KG6jLa0wtw-ISQYctPc9RhTiWZdFXR3S42LkPzMTZoqxkOHHs5wZaFj9GXeUS3rEv12ITjNQBON2SBeTfx6_GhXp77b3uNhnVS875vOWseM25wIa8ENbyhkrmKaECOYZSIsQKZVCokNoQ0RWnHA3BqxjB_OYNYb8te5wdNAG88X7uagORjgKE5ZYV_RJeP3aUgzfozxepr4QoBKaJQA2dKPINODZOCYH36G3oaOlIGLZwJbGIn3GBwdDBl3-94kMzju0_Hkg8NNNToAjiUZ63Jszmw6Qo5-pKpsJrCCPlrtgYZrGv74lLHOj5cUxeoCdaKoOy_r_N6RBzP8nA_HW6ME1QNBcOnFtoE4tCgjRd3EVM1Xkc1Swk7NkcpekSRp3aSeMUtMCK8gii-NTQtGVVRWD_KEriwCeLwfr--dH6MRmXDpgBXQy80vY6T6TEH11LBfTuaWGPx7WBm6oKY7l9s1hWguQ_SyRh-JQutLaUsAscX-5t998i=w640-h369-nois_x6GNHcVhbYxR-ItG2o2SG_E1uKwXkymc43iiQIgM9CvRGYRxeCCdtxa57xn38B16y1EHVzesLxNd3EQeJjnweOZ_SJG0q9vP4KARbEMRgjt1vLe2DYywx4ThxTtx1tOasLBL5wWnKrv-fGP6bx7vJfCbCw6XgCP7AwV3cZhV0xwOIrL1eu2ruktBnm1bB4bt0UqmUB6OsMOYoAyNNOdzZMDndQhHH_xZARDKiVa9bChZgqNI-EgAqvoGU2HSvkOLTDefrjNcGyr-n4NGt1nyIpmFwHVdkcvXQ7KuW44zx_3KSN6kakGnsJxPZU7o4am-hLzkJfjrvchpGaQzdf0EH8tbyXl7JLxs_aTDLTjOFLqkDgZIXXeUdwVXRq2Xl5BAO0CYiRMun86EP7qcYcD-Oim54_m6nv0sotdxqhpFsHX03zaDanmpynkoOUbkysNdKF1rinTGQYOPi653NVDH1pf7hd_Q96ruMbf911JBtLAqwlxm_MZTk8p4iHJzt5XXi9sKose-vCtQBX53sAK_lTFTmCajTtE7PdO83lBJdeeMSYXKd9AaonIxfYi6pPZRwwx30cLRgYj_b0mVsLZS5IcpkL5wG4U_wROPrsg3Ug4MF9NlCCQFMDZvmYaDQqnHN41JvYwSyhLpi9fC_hWflvc7rKMe2=w640-h386-no

The extended preview of Ep26 international version, which shows YWS chancing on Saimdang and Gyeom having dinner in the palace, thus better explaining his retaliation by bringing his mistress back to the family home:

1 hour ago, Mico Ricco said:

International version means paid / subscriber stations such as Omnibus Plus, Oh!K (Astro, Singtel TV, Starhub, Transvision), etc.

@gerrytan8063 yes, l am aware that the Geumgangsan in the drama doesn't exist and it was beautiful picture based on superimpose background.  So romantic and beautiful!

Yes, it's quite obvious that it's a green background. The wind is too weak. Anyone who has been on top of a mountain, particularly that high altitude would tell us it's far stronger than that.

Nevertheless, it's indeed a beautiful scenic view.

@Mico Ricco

"Based on historical fact, Yi Won Su did remarry right?"

Not remarry, Yi Won Su took Madam Gwon as his concubine

And there were different (historical) versions of his actual government positions so can l say that he was quite a shady or dodgy person?

Yes there is.....

32983418675_24e92972d9_z.jpg

Yi Won Su & Shin Saimdang's tomb. 

In the inscription, the officialdom that Yi Won Su held posthumously is Uijeongbu (의정부 議政府, State Council) Jwachanseong (좌찬성 左贊成, Junior 1st rank - 4th State Councillor) bestowed because he is father of Yulgok Yi I.

During his lifetime Yi Won Su held the officialdom in Saheonbu (사헌부 司憲府, Office of Inspector General) with the rank of Gamchal (감찰 監察, Senior 6th rank, Inspector) 

Yi Won Su comes from a famous Yanban clan the Deoksu Yi clan which gave Korea Admiral Yi Sun Shin, also his Uncle Yi Gi (이기,李芑 1476-1552) was Prime Minister of Joseon from 1549-1551

@jangseo_wanjina 

At present if you want to access Geumgangsan mountain range, you will have to access from North Korea. For South Korean citizen, Geumgangsan & Baekdusan mountain is off-limits

@liddi

Thank you for your clips

Dear @gerrytan8063, can you please explain the symbol of Yeok Lin/Yeok Rin clearly!? In the viki version they say: Yeok Lin - An upside down scale on a dragon - metaphor for King's weakness and shame (19:21). I couldn't find any picture of that symbolic dragon... Is there a scale (and only one) on the dragon skin which is upside down or what??? Sorry that I burden you, but I'm translating the subtitles to Hungarian and I like to know more about details so I can share it with the Hungarian viewers. Thank you in advance! And also thank you very much for all the cultural learning you always share with us! I really appreciate them!

I don't know if it was mentioned earlier but the Falcon painting (the present for the King) was also Yi Am’s work. ( There are more information in this book, on the p. 87 and 106.) Sorry if it was...

@anyeze

"can you please explain the symbol of Yeok Lin/Yeok Rin clearly!? In the viki version they say: Yeok Lin - An upside down scale on a dragon - metaphor for King's weakness and shame (19:21). I couldn't find any picture of that symbolic dragon... Is there a scale (and only one) on the dragon skin which is upside down or what??? Sorry that I burden you, but I'm translating the subtitles to Hungarian and I like to know more about details so I can share it with the Hungarian viewers. Thank you in advance! And also thank you very much for all the cultural learning you always share with us! I really appreciate them!

May I know which episode are you indicating the timing for, this is for me to refer back to the episode or read off from the Korean caption, as for "Yeok Lin/Yeok Rin" you need to provide me with the Chinese character hanja or the Korean hangeul equivalent

According to my knowledge, it is because if you give me "Yeok Rin" I would think it is regarding the Korean movie "Fatal Encounter" (역린,逆鱗). Yeok Rin (역린,逆鱗) literally means the King's Wrath

There is a saying  "The upside-down scales on the neck of a dragon symbolises, the king's wrath, which symbolises a king's anger. A person who touched the king's royal wrath always dies. must be killed."

33769824050_f01598009c_o.jpg

This is the dragon insignia that the Joseon King wear on his robe

34154766615_891f2a9608_c.jpg

A better view on the dragon insignia

@Jay Gatsby It is a good day indeed when both versions deliver beyond my expectations, and to top it off, a BTS! Thank you so much for sharing it :wub:

@gerrytan8063 You're welcome :) I was thrilled to see @Yongzura sharing the Malay-subbed clips of the modern timeline earlier as well, which is awesome to find out in one sitting the latest revelations! And I am so thrilled with what we are given last night... which gives me great hope for what remains in both versions.

@anyeze First things first, can I say how much I love your avatar from the trailer (but never seen in the actual drama) of Master's Sun, which is one of my all-time favourites, and certainly the one that drew me into the world of kdramas and Soompi! I'm sure @gerrytan8063 will be able to explain it better, but I don't believe it means weakness. 逆鱗 refers to the white, crescent shaped scales under the dragon's neck. The blood from the main blood vessels are distributed through the scales, and it is said that when the scales are touched, even the temper of the mildest dragon would erupt up like a volcano in fury. This basically refers to a person's secrets or areas that are off limits to anyone else, and would incur their wrath if the lines are crossed.

20131127100634-6217705.jpg

cr. baike.sogou.com

EDIT: I just saw @gerrytan8063's explanation - should have refreshed before I typed this :D 

4 minutes ago, gerrytan8063 said:

May I know which episode are you indicating the timing for, this is for me to refer back to the episode or read off from the Korean caption, as for "Yeok Lin/Yeok Rin" you need to provide me with the Chinese character hanja or the Korean hangeul equivalent

It is because if you give me "Yeok Rin" I would think it is regarding the Korean movie "Fatal Encounter" (역린)

I'm sorry that I didn't express myself good enough. In the SBS version ep 24 (yesterday) it is at 18:53 (only the viki version is a bit "late" in time). If I'm not mistaken, the movie’s title also refers for that symbol but I'm not sure. However it is on the screen at 18 min 53 sec, when the King says to Yi Gyeom that he "touched the King’s weakness".

I hope you can excuse me for my English (I'm better in understanding...)

Archived