[Drama 2017] Saimdang, Light's Diary 사임당, 빛의 일기

Kaizen68

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow...i has goosebumb.saw the preview.....and yes the chinematography is awesome.....so when this drama will realese...:)back read and found out ,october will be on air....so will wait and faighting for this drama wish become masterpiece too.

Kenh14.vn (a vietnam news channel for young people) upload review about long preview so fast, faster than Kites (a Vietnam forum where Vietnamese people talk about dramas/movies/series,...) and soompi too.
http://kenh14.vn/bom-tan-co-trang-su-thi-saimdang-cua-lee-young-ae-cong-bo-trailer-dau-tien-20160607164212179.chn
They upload news from 20:17 (GMT +7) that means from 20 hours ago. Super fast, right?
They also make a gif too

Bom tấn cổ trang “Sử Thi Saimdang" của Lee Young Ae công bố trailer đầu tiên

June 9, 2016

Lee Young-ae, Song Seung-heon's new TV series set to air in Oct.

SEOUL, June 9 (Yonhap) -- A new TV series starring A-listers Lee Young-ae and Song Seung-heon will go on air in October under a slightly modified title, its production company said Thursday.

The company, Group8, said it has changed the Korean title "Saimdang, the Herstory" to what is roughly translated into "Saimdang, Diary of Light," taking into consideration some negative opinions on using English in the title of the Korean period drama about Shin Saimdang (1504-1551). Shin is one of the most respected painters in the country's history and also the mother of renowned Confucian scholar Lee Yul-gok.

The drama's official English title has not yet been decided.

The SBS TV series went into production last August and finished filming early this month. It will be broadcast in Korea and China simultaneously.

"Diary of Light" refers to Saimdang's diary that Seo Ji-yoon, a Korean art history lecturer in the modern era and also played by Lee, stumbles upon.

"We decided to use it in the title because the diary plays an important role in connecting the audience to Saimdang's story," said the production company.

"In the drama, light doesn't shine upon only Saimdang but it will be used to show the colorful lives of the two artists, Saimdang and Lee Gyeom (Song Seung-heon)," it said.

The series has already been sold to 11 countries including China.

A poster for "Saimdang, Diary of Light" (Yonhap)

A poster for "Saimdang, Diary of Light" (Yonhap)

jaeyeon.woo@yna.co.kr

According to AsianWiki today:

Upcoming SBS period drama series previously with the Korean working title of “Saimdang, the Herstory” has picked up the new Korean title of “Saimdang, Light’s Diary” (“Saimdang, Bitui Ilgi”)

@Kaizen68, we might want to get verification from another source, and then change the title of the thread. (although, I do trust Asianwiki in these matters.)

June 10, 2016

Lee, Song to return to small screen

By Kim Ji-soo The Korea Times

04-02(214).jpg

Top hallyu actors Lee Young-ae and Song Seung-heon will return to the small screen in October, as the network SBS has scheduled "Saimdang, Diary of Light" to air in October.

Lee and Song have concluded filming for the much-anticipated drama about Shin Saimdang (1504-1551). Shin is a respected painter and mother of the renowned Confucian scholar Lee Yul-gok of the Joseon Kingdom (1392-1910).

The drama will air under the new Korean title "Saimdang, Diary of Light" from its tentative title "Saimdang, the Herstory." In the drama, Lee, 45, plays a double role as Shin Saimdang and the modern-day Seo Ji-yoon who stumbles upon the diary of Saimdang.

Lee has starred in numerous Korean dramas and films including the world-wide hit "Jewel in the Palace" (2003). Song will play the artist Lee Gyeom. Song also has an array of work under his belt, his most recent project being the film "The Third Love" with his girlfriend, the Chinese actress Liu Yifei.

janee@ktimes.com

• 3 weeks later...

@Kaizen68, @valsava, @SMP567, @gerrytan8063, @jadecloud@rubie, @MaknaeC@quockhanh45, @mujay, @roman38, @saenain, @minhye1822, @ymiss, @badsmuler, @ebullient, @Misstwilightfan1416, @lclarakl, @evie7@istanbullu_emine, @Prettysup, @turan_dot, @all4movies, @jangseo, @Irisz, @liddi@JamaicaK, @zenya22

Good news everyone speaker phone leaf

DramaFever has licensed Saimdang !    piece-of-cake-smiley-01.gif?1301944211happy-eggy-emoticon.gif?1302821234

I am so happy it is licensed. And I am so ready for Lee Young-Ae's comeback  :wub:

COMING SOON: Saimdang: Light's Diary, starring Lee Young Ae and Song Seung Hun

d6b2b56c-5f3b-4c60-8467-618a9ef77b23.jpg

If you loved K-drama classic Jewel in the Palace, then you'll be happy to hear that Lee Young Ae is finally back with a new drama after a long hiatus, and it's coming soon to DramaFever! Saimdang: Light's Diary, also starring K-drama hottie Song Seung Hun, is a beautiful historical drama based on the life of one of Korea's most amazing women. Take a look! 

Synopsis

Saimdang: Light's Diary is based on the life of Shin Saimdang, who was a female artist and mother of the Korean Confucian scholar Yulgok in the 1500s. Lee Young Ae plays two roles, Shin Saimdang and a university lecturer with expertise in Korean art history. She becomes immersed in history as she unravels the secrets of Shin Saimdang's diary and a mysterious painting of a woman.

Trailer

Posters

Spoiler

caace4ae-eb34-4848-8980-1bd4a56e14b5.jpg

84d3bcb8-1b41-402a-ab36-04519c0a575d.jpg

Stills

Spoiler

30bce82b-aaf5-4952-8aa2-b3f23cfa7deb.jpg

03523a45-dcbd-432f-be24-83d8df0d5e9e.jpg

Doesn't it look beautiful? 

Saimdang: Light's Diary will premiere on DramaFever on October 11, 2016. Add it to your queue now! 

Source: DramaFever blog: 
https://www.dramafever.com/news/coming-soon-saimdang-lights-diary-starring--lee-young-ae-and-/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please make sure to comment and thank DramaFever both in the article and also add a comment in support of the drama on the drama page.

@valsava, you can see here the subbed trailer.

@quockhanh45, loving your gif above..  :wub:

@irilight Thank you for the shoutout! The trailer is truly gorgeous and fascinating... a little reminiscent of the beautifully poignant 2002 movie Possession, which traces the secret love affair between Victorian poets Christabel La Motte and Randolph Henry Ash through letters that were discovered. Not to mention Lee Young Ae and I see Kim Mi Kyung in the cast too! Count me in for sure :)

2 hours ago, liddi said:

@irilight Thank you for the shoutout! The trailer is truly gorgeous and fascinating... a little reminiscent of the beautifully poignant 2002 movie Possession, which traces the secret love affair between Victorian poets Christabel La Motte and Randolph Henry Ash through letters that were discovered. Not to mention Lee Young Ae and I see Kim Mi Kyung in the cast too! Count me in for sure :)

@liddi, thank you for the recommendation. I will look for this movie.

@gerrytan8063, @badsmuler, experience has shown us that once, one channel subs it, it finds it's way to other sites that will be available to you.

@irilight Hey chingu. Thanks for the shoutout and the notification. I actually hope Viki will licence it too.*crossing my fingers* Can't wait for LYA to show up soon :P I'm more hyped about her comeback and the plot of this drama than any other factor. Let's hope it will prove to be another GEM :) 

*waves* Hello to familiar peeps here and thanks to all for updates. Please keep on!:wub:

11 hours ago, badsmuler said:

@irilight...my cable channel usually will air SBS dramas in less than 24 hours after it's showed in Korea... :wub::wub:

@badsmuler, you are so lucky, sister... :wub:

@liddi, I am very happy you are joining us. :) I thought you'd like it.

@jadecloud, I am super thrilled for Lee Young-Ae's comeback. I have missed her so much. 

Spoiler

I am also excited for Jeon Do-Yeon comeback after 8 years, and with Yoo Ji-Tae!   but no one seems to pick her drama.  :cry:

Waves to @ross27   panda wave smiley   Glad you are joining us :)

Here is our cast.

CmxRNNrUkAA0o6j.jpg

28 minutes ago, irilight said:

@jadecloud, I am super thrilled for Lee Young-Ae's comeback. I have missed her so much. 

Hide contents
Spoiler

I am also excited for Jeon Do-Yeon comeback after 8 years, and with Yoo Ji-Tae!   but no one seems to pick her drama.  :cry:

@irilight I feel your disappointment too. I was shocked when I saw so few + on dramapage over at V. But, be hopeful. I think it will catch on when it airs. There's also the power of YJT and YKS, among others. It's gonna be an awesome adaption of US' TGW. Perhaps even better, with this cast, it's highly possible.

Lee Young Ae, yup. It's high time she shows up again :P  

Archived