[Drama 2017] Saimdang, Light's Diary 사임당, 빛의 일기

Kaizen68

started JY ,her mom and son had to move ...the place isn't great ...mom is crying son lokks sad ...her son looks at that diary JY remembers something...or realized something went to her fat friend Hye-Jung is her name i think talking about that diary owner... Hye-Jung keeps saying something is strange

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hye-Jung came she brought news ...now they are reading the diary ...is Joseon Saimdang young ...we also are introduce to Lee Gyeom young...funny scene with his mom Saimdang and her maid are spying ...maid is informing her about that young man ...omg they finally meet ...funny moments

she left her notebook behind...beautiful draws Lee Gyeom looks its fascinated Shin Saimdang at school...teacher asked her a question...she is so smart a young girl is spying on rich girl school LEE GYEOM is nice with her

Lee Gyeom is meeting the teacher...asked his help showed him a painting drinking tea together

@andy78

" Lee Gyeom is meeting the teacher "

The teacher is Shin Saimdang's father Shin Myeong Hwa ( 신명화,申命和 1476-1522 )

For information, Shin Saimdang's painting are currently kept in the Gansong Art Museum

Shin Saimdang borne 7 children, Yulgok Yi I is her 3rd child

Seo Ji Yun time travel starts 1540 as Shin Saimdang in her unconscious after an accident

Shin Saimdang  really likes his painting it seems ... Shin Saimdang  and her maid ...maid left GYEOM came ...they love the same things he left without her noticing that ...oh no he just hides and gives her notebook back...he even painted her...they spent a lot of time together walking talking,holding hands

Seo Ji-Yoon is dreaming ...omg she woke up in Joseon ...a man watches her from far ...people talking with her ...she looks shocked ...back in 2017 doctors are fighting to save her ...her soul is still trapped in Joseon ...She hears her husband voice ...in Joseon a child called her mom and gave her a flower ...she woke up...talking with her friend about diary found something interesting ...now is fighting with her husband ...she said she must go found something that will make MIN to forgive her and give her job back

Lee Gyeom  and some women i think are gheishas...he changed so much Saimdang's mother and her maid warned her not to tell her daughter about something

Lee Gyeom visits his granny...the lady is very upset with him Lee Gyeom seems such a sad character to me

Lee Gyeom remembers his happy days with Shin Saimdang ...he is not over her...

HEARTBREAKING PREVIEW

Min Jung-Hak was a bad person in the past too...

Shin Saimdang is forced to marry a man !She has to for her father!To save his life and their clan!PooR Lee Gyeom has to watch her from far...becoming somebodyelse bride!

35 minutes ago, gerrytan8063 said:

Shin Saimdang borne 7 children, Yulgok Yi I is her 3rd child

who was her husband?and what was so interesting and strange about that diary ?

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2017] Saimdang, Light's Diary 사임당, 빛의 일기 (Lee Young Ae, Song Seung Hun)

@andy78

" Min Jung-Hak was a bad person in the past too... "

Min Jung Hak is Jungjong of Joseon (the Joseon King in Dae Jang Geum)

Some historical background on Yi Gyeom family history

Yi Gyeon has an investiture princedom title "Ui Seong Gun" (의성군 ) although distance to the current Royals, he is still Royal relative. He is the grandson of Prince Gwi Seong Gun Yi Jun (귀성군 이준, 龜城君 李浚 1441-1479).

Prince Gwi Seong Gun Yi Jun is the 2nd son of Grand Prince Im Yeong Dae Gun Yi Gu (임영대군 이구, 臨瀛大君 李璆 1420-1469) who is the 4th son of Sejong the Great & Queen Soheon

" Lee Gyeom  and some women i think are gheishas "

They are Gisaeng not Gheisha

" who was her husband"

CH26942867_w666_h968.jpg

Shin Saimdang historical husband Yi Won Su ( 이원수 1501-1561)

I read about her husband was a Fourth State Councillor (jwachanseong 좌찬성) ...a very important man and with his  consent she continued to spend time at the home of her parents. She accompanied her husband to his official posts in Seoul and in rural towns ...

6 minutes ago, gerrytan8063 said:

Min Jung Hak is Jungjong of Joseon (the Joseon King in Dae Jang Geum)

THANKS...I FELT HE BLACKMAILED HER DAD...THAT SHE WAS FORCED TO MARRY SO SHE CAN SAVE HER FATHER ...SS AND THE PRINCE WERE PERFECT!!!HIS LIFE LOOKS SO EMPTY TO ME

@andy78

" I read about her husband was a Fourth State Councillor (jwachanseong 좌찬성) ...a very important man and with his  consent she continued to spend time at the home of her parents. She accompanied her husband to his official posts in Seoul and in rural towns ... "

I am sure her husband will consent to allow her to stay at her maternal house to raise & educate 7 children in a stable home environment rather than his official duties & postings that take him all around Korea where his services are require 

As for her husband posting as Fourth State Councillor (jwachanseong 좌찬성, I have no information on that. I do know that Yulgok Yi I & his siblings doesn't have high regards for his father as they do with their mother Shin Saimdang.  I think there was an issue of concubinage as Shin Saimdang's eldest son Yi Seon use to have bitter dispute with his father on the issue

What deep, dark secrets are hidden in the diary? . The diary sheds new information on the life of Saimdang (also played by Lee Young Ae) and her relationship with Lee Gyeom, a painter, calligrapher and musician who was a childhood sweetheart and soulmate of Saimdang. Will the diary help Ji Yoon unravel the mysteries surrounding a painting of an unknown woman from the Joseon Dynasty?Why was her best friend so shocked?What was so special about that diary?Will Ji Yoon go back in time again?

Archived