UPDATED-Jaycee Chan is released on 13 February. Ko Chen Tung: Let's change for the better together

singlebilingual

class="title Font-A-6-110" data-reactid=".rlq4hlo3cw.$cover-mosaic-transition-group.$=1$cover-mosaic-0:0.$article-china-indicts-jackie-chans-son-drug-charge-094000935.0:$Pos-r.$article-inner-container.$inset-container.$grid-template.0.$col-left.$content.$grid-content.0.0.0.0" id="yui_3_15_0_1_1419269094991_789" style="font-size: 32px; text-rendering: optimizelegibility; -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; margin: 0px 0px 20px; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 1.1; padding: 0px; word-wrap: break-word; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"China indicts Jackie Chan's son on drug chargeIn this March 31, 2011 photo, Hong Kong actor Jaycee Chan speaks during an awards ceremony for the Chinese entertainment industry in Beijing, China. Chinese prosecutors say on Monday, Dec. 22, 2014, that they have formally indicted Jaycee Chan, son of Hong Kong action film star Jackie Chan on the charge of sheltering others to use drugs, more than four months after he was first detained. (AP Photo) CHINA OUT

BEIJING (AP) — Chinese prosecutors on Monday indicted the son of Hong Kong action film star Jackie Chan on the charge of sheltering others to use drugs, more than four months after he was detained.

If convicted, singer-actor Jaycee Chan could be jailed for up to three years.

Chan, 32, was among a string of celebrities detained over the summer for vices such as drug use and hiring prostitutes, as Beijing vowed to clean up social morals.

Chan's case has been particularly embarrassing for his more famous father, who was named by Beijing as an anti-drug ambassador in 2009.

Beijing police detained the younger Chan at his Beijing apartment in August along with Taiwanese movie star Ko Kai. Police said Chan and Ko both tested positive for marijuana and admitted using the drug, and that 100 grams (3.5 ounces) of it were taken from Chan's home.

Ko, whose real name is Ko Chen-tung, was released after a 14-day administrative detention for the drug use, but Chan — who has remained in detention since August — is faced with the more serious criminal charge.

State broadcaster CCTV in August aired video of the police raid on Chan's apartment, in which Chan was shown identifying marijuana. Ko testified on camera that he had used drugs at Chan's home.

Chan has never publicly contested the charge, and his father has openly apologized over his detention.

"Regarding this issue with my son Jaycee, I feel very angry and very shocked," Jackie Chan wrote on his microblog in August. "As a public figure, I'm very ashamed. As a father, I'm heartbroken."

Prosecutors from Beijing's Dongcheng District announced the indictment in a one-line statement that did not mention when a trial would be held.

In June, Chinese President Xi Jinping declared that illegal drugs should be wiped out and that offenders should be severely punished. The crackdown snared more than 7,800 people in Beijing alone, according to police, and celebrities were targeted because of their influence over the public.

Jaycee Chan has appeared in several films and has released three albums.

Source

class="title Font-A-6-110" data-reactid=".16ihj0atvr4.$cover-mosaic-transition-group.$=1$cover-mosaic-0:0.$article-jackie-chan-expresses-shame-over-sons-drug-charge-113412739.0:$Pos-r.$article-inner-container.$inset-container.$grid-template.0.$col-left.$content.$grid-content.0.0.0.0" id="yui_3_15_0_1_1419441250819_828" style="font-size: 32px; text-rendering: optimizelegibility; -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; margin: 0px 0px 20px; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 1.1; padding: 0px; word-wrap: break-word; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Jackie Chan expresses shame over son's drug chargeFILE - In this Jan. 17, 2014 file photo, Hong Kong actor and director Jackie Chan signs autographs for fans during a promotional event for his latest movie "Police Story 2014" in Seoul, South Korea. Chan said he feels shame for his son, who has been indicted by Beijing prosecutors on a drug charge and could be jailed for up to three years. The remarks, reported Wednesday, Dec. 24 by China's official Xinhua News Agency, came two days after authorities announced the indictment against Jaycee Chan, 32, who is charged with sheltering others to use drugs. (AP Photo/Ahn Young-joon, File)

BEIJING (AP) — Hong Kong action film star Jackie Chan said he feels shame for his son, who has been indicted by Beijing prosecutors on a drug charge and could be jailed for up to three years.

The remarks, reported Wednesday by China's official Xinhua News Agency, came two days after authorities announced the indictment against Jaycee Chan, 32, who is charged with sheltering others to use drugs.

The scandal has been particularly embarrassing for Jackie Chan, who was named by Beijing as an anti-drug ambassador in 2009.

Jackie Chan, who sits on China's top national political advisory panel — the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference — told Xinhua that he did not use his connections to interfere with the case and that he hopes his singer-actor son will become an anti-drug ambassador when he is released.

FILE - In this June 14, 2010 file photo Hong Kong actor Jaycee Chan attends a premiere of his new film "Break Up Club" in Hong Kong. Hong Kong action film star Jackie Chan said he feels shame for his son, Jaycee, who has been indicted by Beijing prosecutors on a drug charge and could be jailed for up to three years. The remarks, reported Wednesday, Dec. 24, 2014 by China's official Xinhua News Agency, came two days after authorities announced the indictment against Jaycee, 32, who is charged with sheltering others to use drugs. (AP Photo/Vincent Yu, File)

Beijing police detained the younger Chan at his Beijing apartment in August along with Taiwanese movie star Ko Kai. Police said Chan and Ko both tested positive for marijuana and admitted using the drug, and that 100 grams (3.5 ounces) of it were taken from Chan's home.

Ko, whose real name is Ko Chen-tung, was released after a 14-day administrative detention for the drug use, but Chan — who has remained in detention since August — is faced with the more serious criminal charge.

State broadcaster CCTV in August aired video of the police raid on Chan's apartment, in which Chan was shown identifying marijuana in his possession. Ko testified on camera that he had used drugs at Chan's home.

CCTV also said Chan told police that he has been using drugs for eight years.

In June, Chinese President Xi Jinping declared that illegal drugs should be wiped out and that offenders should be severely punished. The crackdown snared more than 7,800 people in Beijing alone, according to police, and celebrities were targeted because of their influence over the public.

As the only son of Jackie Chan, Jaycee Chan commands much media attention. The younger Chan has appeared in several films and has released three albums.

Source

Guest Tofu_Cloud

wtf is his problem! No wonder jackie says when he passes away he will never give a dime to his child and donate it all to charity! DAMN jackie chan needs to adopt me, i would be the best kid ever. Jaycee needs to smarten up and not use his father's name for power. Please stop stressing out your father!!!!!!!
jacky is going through so much stress right now as there were 8 photographers shooting him while he was filming a scene and they somehow fell into the water (i guess they decided to stand on something nonstabled to get the pictures -_-) and only 7 of them swam out and jacky jumped into the water cuz he was on shore seeing the scene and felt guilty and heart broken he couldnt find the last photographer. (who died at the end)

itemprop="name" class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 300; font-stretch: normal; line-height: 1.3; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Jackie Chan has not used any connection to save his son
20141225fp02.jpg

Jackie Chan yesterday accepted a Xinhau Net interview and responded to Jaycee Chan officially being prosecuted on drug charges. He stressed that he did not use any connection to save Cho Ming. 

Jackie Chan said, "I haven't used any connection to save him. I hope on his day of release he can become the anti drug ambassador and share his experience with young people." He also at the same time clarified many public rumors. Jackie Chan at a certain event on the 23rd did not mention his son Fong Cho Ming's prosecution. He said that he knew about as much as the media did. Earlier Jackie Chan was revealed to have cracked his seventh rib, even sneezing hurt so much that he would be incapacitated. 

Source 

itemprop="name" class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 300; font-stretch: normal; line-height: 1.3; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(50, 50, 50);"Jackie chan refuses to apply for bail for jaycee chan
Film industry big brother Jackie Chan yesterday with Lin Peng, Wang Ruoxin and director Daniel Lee Yan Kong attended their new film DRAGON BLADE's Mainland press conference. Jackie Chan put his head on the body of a Christmas lady and made everyone laugh. During the question and answer segment, Jackie Chan became the media target. Yet whenever reporters asked questions with the words Fong Cho Ming (Jaycee Chan), the crew would remove the microphone from the reporters. Jackie Chan only smiled in silence. 

Also, Jackie Chan earlier spoke with the Mainland media and directly responded to his son Fong Cho Ming's drug incident. In the interview he revealed that after Cho Ming was detained in the Mainland, some friends and lawyers have suggested for him to apply for bail, but he turned it down. "Because he is Jackie Chan's son, because he broke the laws of the nation, if Fong Cho Ming was released after just a week, how would everyone see Jackie Chan and Fong Cho Ming? We are celebrities, we should follow the laws even more. " He even stated that he never used any connection as he hoped that Cho Ming would be able to thoroughly think about what he did in prison. 

Jackie Chan admitted that four months ago he was shocked to learn about this incident. He once asked the lawyer to slap Cho Ming twice on his behalf. He even admitted that his wife Joan Lin felt very guilty. "Cho Ming's mama makes me feel even more guilty. All along his Mama has kept an eye on him. Because of work he and I spent more time apart than together. After the incident, his Mama has not gone out in four and a half months, refused to see anyone. Because of him she is punishing herself."

Source 

class="headline" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; line-height: 1.21em; font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Jackie Chan hopes son will turn over a new leafJackie Chan hopes son will turn over a new leaf

26 Dec – Jackie Chan recently expressed his hopes that his son, Jaycee, will learn his lesson and change his ways after finishing his sentence.

According to Xinhua News, the actor made the statement several days after Jaycee was prosecuted in mainland China for sheltering drug users at his apartment in Beijing.

"I hope that in the future, he could become an anti-drug spokesman, and share his experience with young people," said Jackie, who was an anti-drug ambassador himself.

The action superstar also stressed that he has never used any connection to help his son since his detainment, and only learned about his progress from the news like everybody else.

Source

• 2 weeks later...

Jaycee Chan sentenced to six months in jail, Jackie Chan respects the verdict and won't appeal
    jycchn09011501e.jpg

Hong Kong star Jackie Chan said he would not appeal a Beijing court decision this morning to sentence his son Jaycee to six months in jail and fine him 2,000 yuan (S$430) for accommodating drug users. Chan said through his son's agent that he and his wife, former actress Lin Feng-jiao, respected the verdict which was handed down after Jaycee appeared at the Dongcheng District People's Court for a trial, NetEase reported.
    Chan and his wife were not at the trial, attended by the agent who said Lin has been exchanging letters with her son and feels he has become more sensible. Prosecutors had recommended the light sentence for the 32-year-old Jaycee on account of his good attitude during his arrest and his voluntary confession to the police, said NetEase website. Jail terms are counted from the day of detention, which means the actor, who has been in criminal detention since Aug 14, will be released on Feb 13, before Chinese New Year, said Sohu website.
    In his first public appearance after his arrest, Jaycee admitted to making his home in Beijing available to drug users, Taiwanese actor Kai Ko and Chinese entertainer Alice Li, four times - one day in mid-2012 and on July 10, Aug 13 and Aug 14 last year. On three of the four occasions, he hosted Ko in his luxury apartment at Naga Shangyuan.
    On Aug 14, Li smoked marijuana in a bathroom. Jaycee's 36-year-old personal assistant, identified as Sun, was arrested at a foot spa on Aug 14. Jaycee, Ko, 23, and Li, 23, who were with Sun, were also taken in for questioning. Jaycee and Ko were arrested after testing positive for marijuana. Jaycee said he did not know what the police wanted when they questioned him, but decided to tell them about the stash of marijuana - 117.72g of it - in a safe in a bedroom. "I gave them the information, I told them myself. I didn't know what to do with the marijuana and wanted to hand it over to the country."
    According to NetEase, which cited Jaycee's confession, Sun had been buying marijuana for him since 2008, whenever the actor came to Beijing and stayed at Naga Shangyuan. Jaycee said: "I broke the law and I should be punished. When I'm back in the community, I won't repeat my offence and disappoint my family and friends again. However, even if I get due punishment, it doesn't necessarily mean I will get forgiveness." He said he would work on "transmitting positive energy" through his actions in future.
    Jaycee will have to decide for himself whether he wishes to continue acting after his release, said his agent. On the mainland, the show business industry is reportedly banned from showing works featuring actors who use drugs. Jaycee would face restrictions there, the agent said. Before his arrest, Jaycee had reportedly finished work on a Chen Kaige martial arts movie The Monk.
    Source

Jaycee Chan's rumoured girlfriend, Tia Li Yu Fen, wishes him all the best

news1.jpg
    The verdict for Jaycee Chan's (房祖名) drug case had been announced and his rumoured girlfriend, Tia Li Yu Fen (李毓芬), noticed the news as well. She accepted the interview from ON.CC (東網) and said: "The verdict is announced and everyone should be relieved. Jaycee has fulfilled the responsibility and one's life will have ups and downs. Hope that he will have a new start and all the best! In fact, I am closer to Ko Chen Tung (柯震東), and get to know Jaycee through work. We are not very close and seldom keep in touch."

Source: ON.CC (HK)
    Translated by: tvfan
    http://www.asian-enews-portal.blogspot.com/

Live telecast of Jaycee Chan's drug case hearing: He is sentenced to 6 months jail and fined with $2,000 (Renminbi)

news2.jpg
    news3.jpg
    news5.jpg
    Jaycee Chan's (房祖名) drug case was sentenced to 6 months prison, fined with $2,000 in Ren Min Bi (人民幣) and marked as a record in his background. Someone was concerned about the problem of immigration entry in Mainland China and his lawyer, David Ng (吳志強), whom held the lawyer licence in Mainland China said: "It will not affect his immigration entry and under any surveillance as long as he fulfills the prison sentence. The prison record also will not affect his chance to become director if he opens a company someday."

When asked about the reason of live telecast of the court hearing of Jaycee Chan's drug case in Beijing, Lawyer, David Ng, said: "Such situation is rare. Perhaps Mainland China wants to highlight the severity of drug case and the accused has high popularity."

Jaycee Chan's manager attended the hearing and during the interview with ON.CC (東網), he/she expressed that the company respected the law and was satisfied with the outcome. Jaycee's parents, Jackie Chan (成龍) and Lin Feng Jiao (林鳳嬌), also had no problem with the outcome and both expressed gratitude to the public for their concerns. They hoped Jaycee will learn the lesson, turn over a new leaf and the public will give him another chance.

Jaycee's family might apply as visitors to visit him

When asked if Jaycee had any plans after completing the prison sentence, his manager expressed that they could not contact him currently and expressed his family concerns through his lawyer. They needed to consult Jaycee regarding his future plans and his family might apply as visitors to visit him.

Kept in contact with his mother, Lin Feng Jiao, through letter

In addition after the verdict was announced, some Mainland China contacted unknown manager and he expressed that Jaycee's family and the company will not apply for appeal. Jaycee had to decide if he wanted to continue working in the entertainment industry. The manager disclosed Jaycee kept in contact his with mother, Lin Feng Jiao, through letter and she found that he started to become sensible.

Source: ON.CC (1) & ON.CC (2)
    Translated by: tvfan

• 1 month later...

Jaycee Chan is released on 13 February. Ko Chen Tung: Let's change for the better together

news1.jpg
    Due to a drug case, Jaycee Chan (房祖名) was forced to spend more than 180 days in Beijing detention centre and was released at 12.40am on 13 February.

With regards to Jaycee's release, his good friend, Ko Chen Tung (柯震東) expressed: "I feel happy for his release. Lunar New Year is coming soon and hope he will spend a good year with his family. Let's change for the better together in the new year."

Another good friend of Jaycee, Chen Bolin (陳柏霖), had yet to give his comment.

Source: ON.CC (HK)
    Translated by: tvfan @ Asian E-News Portal

Archived