How to Start Working Out & Keep at It

Guest PUNKYjunk

• 1 month later...

If you want to start working out at first you will have to be fully dedicated towards your thought of doing workout to an action, action is everything which you need to do now, at first it will be somewhat difficult but after somedays you will be habituate of doing it. You can start with skipping, cycling, swimming and watch some yogas video you will get appreciated then. Buy some new gym apparel it will help you feel comfort during your workout session. Hope this will help you. Good luck dear!

Vibrant-Green-Jacket-for-Women-1.jpg

• 1 month later...

Exercise is one of the most important parts of keeping your body at a healthy weight. Exercise helps people lose weight and lower the risk of some diseases. Exercising to maintain a healthy weight decreases a person's risk of developing certain diseases, including type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure.

• 2 months later...

All you need is willpower and a real goal. Is it a weight loss or muscle gain, you just need to constantly remind yourself of that goal and don't stop! After only a few months you'll be hooked. Trust me you will miss it if you stop. But I understand you, the biggest problem is to start. Before I started I bought some great workout clothes, so that it can motivate me. At first, all you need is one pair of quality shoes, 2 pairs of womens gym tights and 2 shirts so you can have a change of clothes every day and not have to think about if it's going to dry till the next class.

Also, it is very important to find a good gym or group class that motivates you. Without it, you'll drop it in the first month.

Good luck!

Do you know what kind of sport you love? If you do have one then you definitely have the motivation to do something you love than just sitting for all day long. I like swimming and that's what I do. Enjoy myself with my favorite sport then just doing some sports that you wouldn't like can help you do even more. Pair up with your friends in that way they can motivate you all along.

Stop being lazy!

That is the first step towards fitness. Get out of your comfort zone.

• Next time you are about to procrastinate, tell yourself that I’ll have to do this stuff later on anyway, why not finish it up here itself.
  • Go for a walk every day after lunch - even if its a mere 5-minute walk.
  • Give the escalators/elevators a miss whenever you can.
  • Decide what time are you going to get up tomorrow and the next morning, try getting up at that exact time.

The main battle is to overcome this lazy attitude. What shows in the gym or on the running track is merely the reflection of mental activeness.

http://www.dreamsare4real.com/5-best-pre-workout-for-runners/
http://www.sicknessnhealth.com/ultimate-guide-to-at-home-workouts-for-women/

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

when I broke my bf I stayed alone and understood that stopped take care of myself.. other men paid 0 attention to me and I was in terrible depression... but I decided to move on and broke myself... I started to visit gym and followed the diet, I've changed my job and that helped me a lot... when I came to the new office I saw lot of young, gorgeous and beautiful women and understood that I'm no worse than them and I forced myself... now it's already my life style

• 8 months later...

Consitency in working out comes with passion and dedication for what you do. If you dont love what you do it is hard to keep yourself motivated. Thats why i do bmx riding and just bought a new bmx for it here:  https://www.bmx-forum.com/forums/bmx-for-sale-classifieds.17/

It is the only sports that will keep me going beyond my borders although it is not as efficient as just doing weightlifting a few times a week. 

I just started working out recently and am loving the results, 100% recommended. Getting started is definitely the hardest part. As chopay said it is a great idea to have a weekly routine so you give your muscles proper time to recover so that you can work them out properly. From all the weightlifters I've talked to the best way to do it is have three of four days a week you workout, they can be whatever work best for you. Day 1 will be legs, shoulders and traps. Day 2 will be chest and triceps. Day 3 will be biceps and back. If you want to include a fourth day then do cardio and abs on day 4. Leg day is the day you workout your legs and since a lot of people workout just to look bigger then they often skip leg days because they don't think having big legs makes them look all that bigger. They are right but personally I love to workout my legs for my goal of being able to dunk. As for workout routines they are the exercises you do on a particular day. Each exercise consists of sets and reps. If you know anything about tennis then point, game, set, match = reps, sets, exercise, routine. If you don't follow tennis then I'll explain it in detail, a rep would be an individual pushup, but one pushup isn't going to do anything so you need more to make it into a set. 10 pushups in one set is a good place to start. But one set isnt going to do enough for you either so you need 3 sets of 10 reps to make up a whole exercise. Do this for 3 different exercises for the smaller muscles in a routine (shoulders/traps, biceps and triceps) and 4-6 for the bigger muscles (legs, chest and back). Those 7-9 exercises make up a routine.

Archived