[Drama 2014-2015] Valid Love 일리있는 사랑

brokbsb

chenderella said: Lol, I love this thread already. You guys are crazy! :D good to see you around again @asyree! We gotta get @bacom back (I see @iloveporkandbeans tagging her up in another thread so I'm trying the same) and Nance will eventually come to deliver the crack. :x

The premise of this drama is straight up shady all around - teacher falling in love with student, age gap and an affair - but because of Uhmforce, I'm excited to see how this will all work out, lol. You ladies may need to prepare yourself because if he's trying to win/convince his wife that he's the last love, we may be swooning left and right. Since it's on cable, we'll probably get plenty of kisses too! No bear hugs please, hahah.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nedenuleyn said: I think like both @asyree and @irilight‌ that Uhm Force's character might go through a big transformation, in the beginning he might have a weird nerdy look, and it would be funny to watch. But when he becomes a hot good looking guy, she'll go back to him? I really don't like this idea. I don't think it's a good approach. It will make it look like the only important thing is looks. This will give the wrong message, as if it's okay to cheat if your partner is not hot man, or a beautiful woman. I hope , even if he goes from a nerd to a charismatic man, this will not be the only reason why she returns to him. I am especially excited and curious about how he'll prove her that they have to be together. And yes, please, even if it's only a few seconds, I want Ji On to make an appearance.

Guest mdolphins

The more I hear about this one, the more I like it, plus I really like TvN, CYJ, LSY, well pretty much the whole cast. I will be keeping my eye on this thread for more info.

ymiss said: Regarding some things that happened in Temptation thread, I'm sorry to tell you guys that @bacom kind of left soompi! I was so sad when she announced it several weeks ago! I miss her and her posts tremendously! I hope one day she decides to come back! She will always be in my mind!

irilight said: nedenuleyn said: I think like both @asyree and @irilight‌ that Uhm Force's character might go through a big transformation, in the beginning he might have a weird nerdy look, and it would be funny to watch. But when he becomes a hot good looking guy, she'll go back to him? I really don't like this idea. I don't think it's a good approach. It will make it look like the only important thing is looks. This will give the wrong message, as if it's okay to cheat if your partner is not hot man, or a beautiful woman. I hope , even if he goes from a nerd to a charismatic man, this will not be the only reason why she returns to him. I am especially excited and curious about how he'll prove her that they have to be together. And yes, please, even if it's only a few seconds, I want Ji On to make an appearance.

Lol @iloveporkandbeans I meant to edit my post coz I saw how my supposed-whole post gets cut up but then it becomes double posts and I don't know what to do. Hehehehe :D

asyree said:
irilight said: nedenuleyn said: I think like both @asyree and @irilight‌ that Uhm Force's character might go through a big transformation, in the beginning he might have a weird nerdy look, and it would be funny to watch. But when he becomes a hot good looking guy, she'll go back to him? I really don't like this idea. I don't think it's a good approach. It will make it look like the only important thing is looks. This will give the wrong message, as if it's okay to cheat if your partner is not hot man, or a beautiful woman. I hope , even if he goes from a nerd to a charismatic man, this will not be the only reason why she returns to him. I am especially excited and curious about how he'll prove her that they have to be together. And yes, please, even if it's only a few seconds, I want Ji On to make an appearance.

The synopsis is so unrealistic... A guy looking like UTW would just find another girl if this happened to him. In all seriousness then it's a bit sad they already revealed that the marriage will stay intact.
"Then this young wife meet this carpenter who's not only closer to her age but also shares a lot of similarity in many things. Music, food, books, movies, favorite animals, even kinds of coffee. She then prefers the other guy more, coz he understands her better than her distant hubby. Perhaps then wifey's affair will act as a wake up call for the husband, that something is wrong in their marriage, that maybe he's the wrong one. So he transforms himself, he bathes, shaves, go to a proper barbershop to cut his hair, wear nicer clothes and basically changes his attitude toward marriage and his wife too. Coz UTW's character age-wise is older, so I expect him to be more mature in such situation and with his intelligent as a professor I guess he's also able to analyze the problem and find the solution."
I hope they don't try to make this about UTW having faults and having to change. I hate dramas like that and how they try to justify cheating. I don't think it's ever the person being cheated ons fault. That person might be a bad spouse but that is no 'valid' reason for the other person to cheat. The other person can ask for a divorce if their marriage is not working out. The cheating is always the fault of the cheater as long as divorce is an option - it's just selfishness going for the cheating instead. In reality I don't think a marriage based on a person having to change will ever work out (happily) either. I think a marriage have to work without either having to change their personality because these changes will not last forever. In the end the person having forced changes will get tired and then revert back to his true self and the problems will arise again.I will have to give this drama a try though because of UTW and because the drama is written by the writer who did 'Me Too Flower' I actually liked that drama as far as I remember. I'm just a bit sad since I feel like Korea is starting to join the west on the 'cheating is okay' attitude.

PS. I'm still waiting for an announcement of a second lead who will fall in love with UTW's character. This always happen when a wife is cheated on in dramas - she always has this perfect knight in shining white armor being there for her. I want a fair princess being there for UTW in his time of agony otherwise it's unfair.

Guest nancykimlee

Hi friends! :-h :xI scoured the web for more info on the drama but sadly, no updates yet, although we're having our own fun speculating the story and Uhmforce's hair, LOL. Great thoughts @asyree @irilight @xxxzxxx! And LOL at bear hugs and birds @brokbsb @uhmforce @peggyM @azi767 @iloveporkandbeans @charmed82.

The premise isn't exactly my cup of tea, but if done tastefully like Secret Love Affair, we're in for a treat! I trust the writers (love Sam Soon) and I'm a fan of the cast (namely Uhmforce, hehe), so I'm excited to see how this seemingly shady story will shed light on life and love. I don't think any of us condone cheating, but we're up for a good story that hopefully presents both sides with a backstory and motivations behind their actions. :) 
When I read the synopsis, the first thought that came to mind in regards to why Il Ri's (Lee Si Young) eyes may wander is because she married too early, and may feel as though she missed out on her younger years. There may be a connection or an attraction to Joon (Lee Soo Hyuk) simply because the grass is always greener on the other side; he's different in a new, interesting, unfamiliar kind of way. We know he's a carpenter, but I'm curious what her occupation is and how their paths cross. Naturally if they're working together or in the same field, one can imagine how the chemistry may be sparked, but if it's one of those destiny run-ins then, eh, she just watched too many dramas. 
Like many of you, I don't think anyone can or should ever fault the cheated over the cheater unless the former was an abuser, murderer or something truly unforgivable. Generally it's because the cheater has unmet needs and expectations that they're finding in someone other than their spouse, be it emotionally or physically, and rather than confronting those issues and working it out, they're in a vulnerable position to be swayed. What I hope from this drama is unadulterated honesty and tackling things as they are without sugarcoating or vilifying someone to make a point. I'd love to see Il Ri own up to it, and wrestle with it in a way that humanizes her instead of making her a product of, or a cliche, and Hee Tae coming to terms with what's going on, but not choosing to back down. And now I'm just being greedy because I hope that Joon isn't just a tool in this story, but has an arc of his own, too. 
So in the process I wonder if Il Ri and Hee Tae will realize that they're different people and want different things now and part ways, or will Il Ri come to realize that what she has with Hee Tae is the real deal through this momentary hiccup? Or maybe it's neither, though highly unlikely because kdramas are uneasy without tying things up or at least implying a romance. 
@bacom

If you couldn't tell already, we miss you SO much! If and when you're ready to come back, just know that we're here! <3 That, and you have a bajillion notifications from tags and our inbox, LOL. You have to read why @asyree has been MIA, it's too funny.

Oh, the third actress was just confirmed for VL.  According to Star News (see link to the article) and Naver News (see second link) Hye-rin is going to play the role of a school friend, a single mother with a son?  Well, actually the google translation is way too fancy for me to understand, so I am counting on reading a better tranlsation soon...

Motorcycles hyerin, "which makes sense Love starring ... yisiyoung friends swimming 役

pzcVRwj.jpg?1
KjFmYMz.jpg?1

[Article 1, Google translated]  It appeared in "Love in a point" (a play directed gimdowoo hanjiseung) cable channel tvN new drama actor hyerin the flow. 23, according to the agency's current hyerin am happy to learn hyerin the current sense (yisiyoung minutes 'Love in a point' was confirmed by the appearance of) friends jeongsuyoung station in various programs, such as movies 'sunny' foot volleyball king ', tvN comedy program' SNL Korea 4 ', comprehensive channel JTBC drama "Street of Yuna' whilst acting in the interest in personality Talking unfolds seureopgo sudeobunhan jeongsuyoung Station Cafe yeosajang the smoke of a high school classmate in this sense 'that sense love is received hyerin flow. bother to make sense, but as an adult, when I was a kid, and the partnership as a point and paint jeongsuyoung is authorized to help huitae The triangular relationship between the standard (yisuhyeok minutes) (Uhm Tae Woong minutes) and when jealousy. A single mother with a son interested in fashion a lot.Said, "was like the cast will infuse new life into a solid acting in the movie, I think I can show you another look has attracted a lot of expectation and interest in this work," said the clinging. Meanwhile, "Love in a point ' It appeared like the actor Uhm Tae Woong yisiyoung yisuhyeok choeyeojin. September 11, will be broadcast as 'Liar Game' follow-up.
[Article 2, Google translated; OSEN = Reporter bakhyeonmin] was confirmed chaenreo cable tvN new drama (a play directed gimdowoo hanjiseung) starring the "love that makes sense" to learn the current hyerin. actors agency officials is 23 happy days "flow hyerin this 'love that makes sense' in sense (yisiyoung minutes) appeared as a friend jeongsuyoung station, "he said. Meanwhile, per individual, and the program of the multiple genres including movies' sunny 'foot volleyball king' tvN SNL Korea Crew Season 4, jtbc 'distance Yuna' garage and stable acting The main character was a point and a high school graduate appeared as a cafe chatting seureopgo sudeobunhan yeosajang jeongsuyoung station in this' love that makes sense "that attracted the attention of the parties to the current hyerin. flow hyerin this movie when I was a kid in the high school is in charge jeongsuyoung sense of sense single mom to be a bother, but adults and a partnership with his son, as painted qualified sense a lot of interest in fashion vanity and jealousy when a character in a love triangle huitae (Uhm Tae Woong minutes) and standard (yisuhyeok minutes) helps. In the meantime, other work and career woman turned to the president as the company representative cum cafe interior in this work was a high school student role is mainly hyerin flow. According to officials of the drama "breathed new life into the movie like a solid acting will bring this work was to cast but I can show you the different look has attracted a lot of attention and expectation, "he said again the other hand, is scheduled to be broadcast in November, "which makes sense Love is confirmed were not cast including Uhm Tae Woong yisiyoung, yisuhyeok, choeyeojin, Motorcycles hyerin. 

Uhm Tae-woong gets a little bro in Valid Love
parkjungmin_7.jpg

Valid Love’s launch may have been delayed in favor of another drama (the remake of Liar Game) but the upcoming tvN drama from My Name Is Kim Sam-soon and What’s Up Fox’s writer is still busily proceeding with pre-production: It has added Park Jung-min (You’re All Surrounded) to its cast, to play younger brother to its lead, Uhm Tae-woong. Aw, dork-bros unite!

The drama is centered around a married couple, played by Uhm Tae-woong and Lee Shi-young, who marry after first meeting when she’s a high school student and he’s a teacher. (I know. I’m trying to keep an open mind.) That marriage, however, hits a bump when the wife meets another man, and what happens from there on is what the drama will explore. Park Jung-min will again display his comic side as the hero’s brother, who’s been unemployed for three years but isn’t too worried about it, having been raised spoiled in a well-off family.

Normally the description would be a bit of a turn-off, but the writer has a solid track record of treating her subjects with thoughtfulness and humor, so we’ll have to see how that works in this show. In any case, I’ll look forward to seeing the two playing hyung-dongsaeng, especially since I can totally see them as a pair of goofballs. I’d gotten so used to seeing Uhmforce play charismatic and, well, forceful characters that it was quite a jolt to see his real personality on variety programs, until the new image of his corny sense of humor and terrible hand-eye (or, should we say, foot-eye) coordination took over in my mind, and now I can’t see him playing serious characters with a straight face anymore.

Park Jung-min, meanwhile, surprised me (pleasantly) in You’re All Surrounded, where his funny sweet side reminded me a bit of a young Cha Tae-hyun. What a far cry from his sullen role in Bleak Night—and who would’ve guessed that of the trio in that movie, Park Jung-min would break out as the comedian among them?

Valid Love will be a Monday-Tuesday drama to follow Liar Game; it premieres in November.

Via Star News

http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/09/uhm-tae-woong-gets-a-little-bro-in-valid-love/

Guest chenderella

Uhmforce has a pretty awesome family. I'm liking his sibs a lot and hope they'll be voices of reason and fun in this drama. I hope LSY and LSH gets some family and friends too. I was hoping that this would be the next tvn drama but it follows Liar Game. Oh well, at least it gives them more time to film. Can't wait for all the promotional material to come!

Guest nedenuleyn

I'm very curious about what kind of a message VL will give. Will Uhm Force and LSY get back together in the end or not? Will Uhm Force accept her back? What do you think about this sisters, should he?

Archived