[Drama 2014-2015] Valid Love 일리있는 사랑

brokbsb

@brokbsb - your ending scenario is hilarious! LMAO!  It brings back so many mixed memories.
Well, I am excited to see Uhm Force in action again.  Romcom or not, I will be there for him ;;)  I already know his acting will be superb (yes, I am partial) and his new drama will be well worth the wait.  

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Hannahmiriam and @brokbsb - I get the same understandning of VL plot from Dramabeans description.  Actually after reading their article I find myself wondering what methods will Uhm Force's character use to prove his argument.  
BTW - Dramabeans mentions 20 episodes.  Is this correct? brokbsb said: I agree with @Hannahmiriam‌, I think this drama doesn't intend to justify or glorify adultery. On the contrary, I think it will show how a relationship like that will not do. In the end, LSY will understand love is actually what she felt for UTW, so she'll go back to him. I started to feel the plot after reading db's post, the part where UTW tries to show her the true way.

I'm not sure how the com part will be, but if it's like dramabeans guessed, then I think it will be funny. As for the melo parts, I don't have any doubts about those scenes, and I'm sure they are gonna be epic because we've got the king of melo here. @nedenuleyn, I hope he would! or maybe another Fiction cover, but this time with the rap! 

uhmforce said: I'm not sure how the com part will be, but if it's like dramabeans guessed, then I think it will be funny. As for the melo parts, I don't have any doubts about those scenes, and I'm sure they are gonna be epic because we've got the king of melo here. @nedenuleyn, I hope he would! or maybe another Fiction cover, but this time with the rap! 

Guest nedenuleyn

I'm guessing this drama will have many kissing scenes (if not more 8-} ). In the beginning, when Uhm Force and LSY are happily married, there will be kiss scenes between them; then when LSY and LSH are having the affair, they'll have kiss scenes; then when in the end, Uhm Force and LSY get back together again, there'll be kissing scenes. If @brokbsb's alternative scenario becomes true, unfortunately most we'll see will be a bear hug.  :-O Yes, @uhmforce, and @brokbsb, we need Fiction! And the dance! But I don't know if it will top our world renowned director's version. <:-P

Actually when almost everybody thinks negatively about this so called "Valid Love" drama, I'm not really agree to them. Yes, I know how generally somehow recent kdramas seem to dig more into adultery but instead of showing how wrong that is, the dramas look like they agree with adultery, somehow justify that and tell audiences why people in the dramas cheat from their spouse, how it's understandable, reasonable, and tragically, the dramas want us to agree with them. With "Valid Love" which basically will base adultery as the base of the story, I don't think it will go that way.

I somehow think the drama might take a totally different route from the similar story arcs, that this time the story will have the focus from the point of view of the cheated man/husband/person. That instead of having the cheated character as the 3rd/side role/observant/object on the warming bench, he will actively fight back for his love/woman/wife, and he has all the right to do so. As the husband, man, the head of the family, the more mature guy (he used to be the teacher of the wife right?) he will be the one who is much wiser. He'll retrospect himself, see their marriage, and decide whether the marriage and the wife is worth to fight for, whether the love is worth to get back.

I imagined UTW will be a nerd professor, harmless, soft, reliable. The "boring" type guy, which bores his much younger wife who then eyes for a closer-to age guy. She thinks lust and sex equal to love, but UTW's character knows better. There will be a physical transformation from UTW's character, from nerdy to sexy. The drama said to be rom-com instead of a melo so yeah, I see a probability there. Let's see.

Guest chenderella

Aw, it's nice to see familiar faces here again and the bird, lol. :) missed you all and can't wait to be watching this with you!!! Come out @bacom! :-h Nance @iloveporkandbeans‌ @aysree @pegyyM I see your posts and avatars here!

This drama is the best of both worlds I guess. There's Uhmforce and Lee Soo Hyuk to drool over, lol. I honestly hope that it's more rom-com than melo even though infidelity is not a joking matter but I just don't want it to be full of angst that comes with the meloness.

@PeggyM you and your bird will once again rule this thread my dear!! hahahaha. Can't wait to see birdy and his pilot in their next project :D

@chenderella I miss you too dear!! hahahaha. Let's hope this reunion can last long :)

@iloveporkandbeans waaaaaaa so glad to see your avatar here! @nancykimlee Nance, I hope I can watch this drama. It's been hard for me stream dramas online lately and I mostly just watch KBSW for my Korea entertainment programs crave.

@brokbsb thanks for starting and updating the thread sis, you're truly an UhmForce fan hehehehe 

@charmed82 @uhmforce @nedenuleyn @mbebzz hugzzzzzzz   :-* :x

@valsava @irilight hi we meet again hahahaha!!!!

@azi767 ohhhhhh finally you too are here!!! hihihihihi. Lol, it looks like we both are too lazy to change our avatars. While others can change them like once a month hahahahaha :))

@asyree I'll never get tired of such perfection, lol... It brings me joy just by looking at that smiling face of him.
Anyway, too bad there's a typhoon coming, the SIM company vacation in Cebu, Philippines this coming September 20 will be rainy and cloudy!
My wish for a topless UTW picture may never come into fruition..lol

@broksb thank you for creating this thread.

Guest chenderella

Lol, I love this thread already. You guys are crazy! :D good to see you around again @asyree! We gotta get @bacom back (I see @iloveporkandbeans tagging her up in another thread so I'm trying the same) and Nance will eventually come to deliver the crack. :x

The premise of this drama is straight up shady all around - teacher falling in love with student, age gap and an affair - but because of Uhmforce, I'm excited to see how this will all work out, lol. You ladies may need to prepare yourself because if he's trying to win/convince his wife that he's the last love, we may be swooning left and right. Since it's on cable, we'll probably get plenty of kisses too! No bear hugs please, hahah.

Archived