Quantcast
kanzcech

[Drama 2014/2015] Healer 힐러

Thanks @stroppyse , I appreciate all your comments with what I wrote for those ep.

Yes, I understand why YS stayed to go to MH's apartment but for some reason I thought she was better at handling violence trauma since last time JH gave instructions on what to do when he is fighting.   It was better that she was not there with him and be safe.  Unfortunately, they did not know how this plan was laid out.  Hindsight is 20/20 in this case.

• Like 2

On 3/24/2019 at 5:09 AM, Dhakra said:

That would explain YS part, but not why MH doesn't say anything either. When ahjumma crush enters the cafe, I was so sure again that she tells her and make sure they have a reunion with a waterfall of tears. 

I mean it was clear that they wouldn't run away. what JH said is actually very, very true. No guy wants to make his girl an outcast. 

I've been thinking about this point, and I think it's probably because MH told her what YS and JH is going through right then in their struggle against the Elder and MH. Given MHee's background of struggling against corrupt people herself as well as what she and her husband had gone through, she probably decided that the reunion could wait until another time when YS and JH weren't struggling for their lives. Though she couldn't wait to get to know more about YS herself, and so visited YS' father's cafe where she was able to learn more about YS' childhood. Also, MHee already knows YS and had spent time with her, and MHee isn't someone who runs on pure emotion so that I can see that she's fine with keeping the facade going for the time being, rather than claiming her daughter, along with all the attendant issues, emotions and responsibilities YS may feel on being claimed as her daughter.

Also, from the drama perspective, I think despite having had 20 episodes to shoot this drama, the writer wasn't able to do the ending that she wanted to. In the interview that @selen4ever posted, the writer even says this herself. Because the reunion with MHee and YS would have taken up so much emotional load and would have needed some time to resolve satisfactorily, it got sacrificed for bringing JH and YS' story to a closure. In hindsight, as much satisfaction as I would have gotten from the emotional reunion, I"m fine with just knowing that MHee knows and that in some near future, MHee and YS will have their time to effect their reunion and to sort out how their lives will mesh now, along with their relationships to YS' adoptive father, JH, and MH.  I don't think they would have had enough time to do the reunion in any truly satisfying fashion without giving up a lot of time in the final episodes, at which point, the reunion would have become the focus more than resolving how Healer "dies" so that JH can live a more normal life.

• Like 2