[Drama 2014/2015] Healer 힐러

kanzcech

Hello all!!! This is Sunday and tomorrow is Monday... The first week without Healer :(

Don't you worry, we still have plenty to discuss and vote.. obviously..
go check p1 for Shippers' Paradise voting:
http://forums.soompi.com/en/discussion/2024182/drama-2014-2015-healer-%ED%9E%90%EB%9F%AC-changmin-shippers-contest-entry-p1086/p1

Big thanks to @uctqepe who create n organize the contest >:D< >:D<

@Mauve and @all how we can vote:
Simply go to this link: http://www.soompi.com/2015/02/14/vote-your-favorite-couples-from-k-dramas-we-got-married-and-more/10/
and choose Seo Jung Hoo n Yong Shin and click vote.. Tadaa... our vote counted in...

Please vote as many as you can.. we can vote every six hours, means we have 4 chance a day... to maximize the voting, ofc you can ask your friends, any soompiers, share it on facebook, twitter, tumblr, etc... ;)) ;))

Hi guys.... Just wanted to post this and let everybody appreciate the wonder of this art...

DRAMA REACTIONS & REVIEWSKolorful Palette: Healed [Healer]by Fanderay | February 14, 2015 | 100 Comments

healer18_001.jpghealer18_001a.jpg

Over the last year I’ve left so many dramas unfinished that it feels a bit surreal to enjoy one all the way through to its conclusion, and then feel that bittersweet emptiness when the credits finally roll. Perhaps Healer wasn’t perfect, but it was always consistent and hit me in all the right spots. It did a lot of things right, but what made it really stand out was that it did so little wrong. Birth secrets and tortured pasts without incessant moping or repetitive flashbacks? A compelling love story without a love triangle or circumstances absurdly tearing the leads apart? I’d like some more of that please.

Read more in here

DRAMA REACTIONS & REVIEWS

Kolorful Palette: Perfect pair [Healer]

by Fanderay | January 31, 2015 | 87 Comments

healer15_001.jpghealer15_001a.jpg

I’ve been out of town for a few weeks, but I told myself very sternly that when I got back I would make sure to check out all the new dramas. Of course I did the sensible thing and caught up on Healer instead. I’m happy to say I have no regrets about my decision (or my inability to act on my decision, which I suppose is more accurate).

Read more here

Kolorful Palette: Open and shut [Healer]

by Fanderay | January 10, 2015 | 102 Comments

HEALER9_001.jpgHEALER9_001a.jpg

Well who knew that a drama about a night courier getting caught up in a world of news and political intrigue would be so squee-worthy? I’m not sure I would quite label Healeras a romantic comedy, and yet it has me swooning and giggling more than I have in months. It just goes to show that we don’t have be beaten over the head with fan service to experience a great romance.

Read more here

Kolorful Palette: Wishing you a cozy Christmas [Healer]

by Fanderay | December 21, 2014 | 28 Comments

healer4.jpghealer4a.jpg

Isn’t it so great when a drama hits its stride? After a somewhat scattered premiere week I was actually rather surprised by how quickly all the characters and plotlines in Healercame together, and I found myself fully engrossed this time around with no voice niggling in the back of my mind about missed potential.

Read more here

DRAMA REACTIONS & REVIEWSKolorful Palette: Waiting for the train [Healer]by Fanderay | December 14, 2014 | 19 Comments

healer_001.jpghealer_001a.jpg

Healer is off to a decent—but not fantastic—start and that’s actually something I feel surprisingly happy about. This year’s slew of dramas have been full of great beginnings and at this point I’ve started to dread having my hopes dashed (I don’t think I’ve ever left so many dramas unfinished). Healer had a perfectly enjoyable first week, but I’m probably more likely to keep enjoying it with a set of realistic expectations in place, and I won’t be so crushingly disappointed if I ultimately end up dropping it. In the meantime it’s something that feels fresh, and offers a nice change of scenery from the more regular fare I’ve been watching.

Read more here

I absolutely loved these! Did you too?

Ji Chang Wook - Tudou and 娛樂新天地 Interviews

Posted by his manager
005Zl5HLjw1ep9v7aprdnj318g0p0wl8.jpg

005Zl5HLjw1ep9v7c08rxj318g0p0jyi.jpg

Ahhhh so now I get why he said he had a lot of interviews. From the pictures, he's doing at least 2-3 interviews for the Chinese Ent. shows. I hope the hosts ask him good, useful questions about him, his work and Healer. Can't wait to see what he will say. :)

Guest mywebfoot

juzluvpink said: Re SJN writer-nim Q&A on that there are 2 groups of people who knows Healer. One group r those who know him thru pix. Those will readily believe PBS = Healer. Second group are those who have seen SJH as healer ie Double S goons, Elder underlings, Detective Yoon and his 2 other policemen. For Double S goons they have no benefits nor credibility ousting SJH plus they have no evidence either. For Elder and his clan, they wldnt work for the police but they will keep an eye on Healer since Sec Oh survives. Detective Yoon & his 2 sidekicks had their end of the bargain of getting the hackers details and so wld also keep their side of the story. So unless SJH messes with Elder clan again I think he shd be able to live like a normal person like others. Of course the nagging feeling that one day his past may catch up with him is still possible hence he shd treasure his everyday with CYS. Isn't that better?

Its seems that the Healer withdrawal is so strong today.

I just wanted to share a simple observation that I had about the trifecta picture on YSs wall (Healer/JH, a big MH poster in the middle and her) and it got me thinking.
I don't know if I'm thinking too much or just really of need to sit and rewatch an episode or two.
But anyways, the picture comes off as a symbolism/metaphorical arch.
Here you have two human beings, JH and YS, who have played together as children and the uncle who always made sure they were safe and cared for.
MH played daddy long legs to JH and YS without really just the thought of it in the beginning.
And he ended up bringing them together (after 20 long yrs of separation) by hiring Healer (without any knowledge that he was JH) to protect YS.
SJN writer-nim knows romance. More like, she bleeds it. Love, wholeheartedly ^_^

Just my 2 cents.

Dramabeans Podcast #27: The Healer editionby javabeans | February 14, 2015 | 17 Comments

podcast_healer6.jpg

Hello everybody! It’s been a fun, exhilarating ride with this drama, and now that it’s over girlfriday and I felt it was appropriate to send off Healer with a toast and lots of (blubbering, incoherent) love.

We know we’ve all said tons about this show already and maybe non-Healer fans are tired of hearing about it (which is why we separated this podcast out into its own thing, so as to be easily skippable) — but when the heart speaks, we’ve learned it’s best to let it get it all out. One of the perks of evolving past dinosaur-brain-hood! So grab a glass and join us, why don’t you?

Podcast #27

Running time: (1:18:57)

In which we:

• Ramble about Healer.
  • Drink.
  • Not necessarily in that order.

Names mentioned: Ji Chang-wook, Lee Min-ho, Kim Woo-bin, Park Shin-hye, Choi Jin-hyuk, Choi Ji-woo, Bae Yong-joon, Park Min-young, Lee Bo-young, Song Ji-nah, Lee Sung-min, Yoo Ji-tae, Jeon Ji-hyun, Lee Jung-jae, Kim Haneul, Ha Ji-won, Do Ji-won, Woo Hee-jin, Kim Hee-sun, Kim Mi-kyung, Jang Sung-bum, Yeo Jin-gu
    Download podcast | Mirror ]

Songs Used in Podcast (In order of use)
    All from the Healer OST:
    “Healer”
    “Reporter Kim Moon-ho”
    “You” by Ben
    “Eternal Love” by Michael Learns To Rock

podcast_healer5.jpg

podcast_healer8.jpghttp://www.dramabeans.com/2015/02/dramabeans-podcast-27-the-healer-edition/

just co clarify, YJT was on Happy Together not for promoting Healer, but his latest movie... 

KBS should promote HEaler by inviting JCW and PMY (and other casts if possible) to HT.. Sad it didnt happen.. 

Both actors do not like going on variety shows. KBS can't force them if they do not like it.

Dramabeans is having an hour and 18 minutes podcast just on Healer?

Wow... That is cool!

@mywebfoot‌

Yeah.. Let's chant for second season!! Ahjumma needs a new healer though since SJH is going live like others. Uri hacker Ahjumma still needs to donate to kids with medical condition. It will be lovely to see SJH trains our DaeYong right? Lol. Maybe Healer can moonlight when needed. Hahaha.

We also want to see Someday growing to be more than a tabloid online news agency. I want it to become bigger and more powerful so the "Elders" in Seoul will be afraid of them. Then SJH can be "safer".

But it will prob mean 2nd season will be more a reporter chasing after news kinda story line? Not sure of SJN writer nim will want to do so. Can't possibly have more past secrets to unravel isn't it?

Healer Dearies, 

THE WAR HAS BEGUN!! 

and please help to spread the word!!!! We don't have much time! And we are currently falling really behind! :(

Please find the name "SEO JEONG HOO and CHAE YOUNG SHIN" 

"Remember, you can vote once every six hours until February 17, 11:59 PM KST!"

Thank youuuuuuu... 

Done voted :)

Seo Jeong Hoo and Chae Young Shin  9.33% 

But isn't there any possibility to change into the name of our otp? I mean it is much easier to look after ChangMin! Of if this is the rule you should change the names in the title of thread too @uctqepe‌

Ji Chang Wook - Tudou and 娛樂新天地 Interviews

Posted by his manager/friend Bang Chi Gu

< Ahhhh so now I get why he said he had a lot of interviews. From the pictures, he's doing at least 2-3 interviews for the Chinese Ent. shows. I hope the hosts ask him good, useful questions about him, his work and Healer. Can't wait to see what he will say. :)

Dim so happy he is in central of attention now I hope Pmy is too :)

Btw @sia3 could you be so kind to share with his manager ' iG :)

Guest Canavalia

@jchealer‌

You mean chords? There is no sheet attached to the youtube link - i guess they just play the piano the way they hear it *jealous*

I need notes too, playing after listening is impossible for me.

When I have some spare time I will write the notes down.

@sia3‌

What I have been doing?

*lol* I was busy squeeeing with javabeans and girlfriday! :D

OMO, OMO, OMO...

why is he glowing so much? :D

He still looks best in the suit :blush:

What location is it??

I am not sure if this had been posted before already, just the same, from FB:

Song Jina 송지나 - unofficial fanpage
February 12 at 4:20am · Edited · 

"Q: Who is JH's interview video for?
A: In episode 2, JH copies the content of YS's laptop onto a USB memory. In episode 20, one of the skipped scenes was JH printing off "Interview questions for Healer" that YS had created that was in that data. In other words, it is him fulfilling one of YS's dreams, interviewing Healer. At this point, JH thinks of the possibility of his own death as there will be many cops with guns and there's no sure way of knowing who'd shoot first, but because of the lack of time during the final week of production, the tension was lost. The ending was initially planned to be after about a year's time had passed, and by then YS would have written her book, but...

Q: Did you have the actor for the role of Healer on your mind? What was it like working with JCW? 
A: It was DAEBAK! We've talked a lot amongst ourselves what we'd have done if we hadn't met JCW. I didn't know him very well, either, at first. I just knew his name because I normally don't get to go out and watch plays due to my life cycle. But then I met him by chance (at some kind of a premiers, according to SJN's earlier post), and the feeling of JH just invaded me, so I just pushed for him. I'm very proud of myself for doing that.

Q: How did Hacker Ajumma come across Teacher and visit him 5 times? I'm curious about how they started the Healer business.
A: Minja visited Youngjae in 1992. (YJ got out of prison in February of 1993.) MJ had been investigating cases related to the Elder for a while, and eventually resigns from her post when she misses her son's deathbed while investigating the Elder's money laundering case.
I think Gilhan and Joonsuk's 1992 case raised a lot of flags for the cops who had been trailing the Elder. (I trust that there are cops like that out there.) Even though the evidence Joonsuk had brought in disappeared, that means there were people out there who did the job of getting rid of them.
So, MJ must have somehow figured out that YJ was their friends, she must have found out what kind of people they were.
And later, she must have persuaded YJ into becoming Healer, as all she can do is a desk job, and she needed someone to do the action.

Q: What happened to the real PBS?
A: Remember what the Elder said about missing people in Korea? That they stop looking for them after 5 years? PBS is probably one of them. Somebody gone missing over 5 years. That must be why MJ used it as a fake identity for JH.
PBS, if you're alive and well, go after MJ. She'll figure something out for you.

Q: Is the reason YS feels relaxed when she holds onto JH's arm because of their childhood and does it also imply that they're destined to be together?
A: A little bit of that, too, but I personally wanted to express personal contact. People these days are all busy looking at their smartphones, but I think it would be better if we actually touched each other, holding hands, hugging... then you can convey way more than just by texting.

Q: How did you feel as you watched the last episode?
A: I just wanted to die. I had posted earlier that I didn't have any regrets, but actually there was one big one. Time.
I could see how the cast and crew had been under so much pressure of time. Since I'm the biggest cause of their hardships, I felt like I should die.
But as there were so many people around me at the theater (about 150 people rented a theater to watch the last episode of Healer, including some actors like Hacker Ajumma, Det. Yoon, JH's and YS's moms, Sec Oh, couple Someday reporters, etc., and the teaser of the fan project was played to them.)

Q: What is your favorite scene of Helaer?
A: I would have to say the elevator scene. It was something impossible to shoot with the time and money we had. Yet, the director told me to write it. So my assistants and I researched the design of elevators day and night and devised a way for JH to rescue her, while keeping the cost low... and while my script was pathetic, they shot a masterpiece. Afterwards, we just couldn't afford any more action scenes like that. I hope the director and the actors get to work on a movie or something where they can really flex their muscles without worrying about the cost.

Q: Why does Hacker MJ obsess so much over money? 
A: That one got skipped, too. Actually, Det. Yoon was supposed to track her down and see her at a children's hospital. After her son died, MJ had been sponsoring child patients that couldn't afford their medical expenses.

Q: When did JH realize for the first time that YS knew who he was?
A: At the hospital, the focus was more on him not wanting to lie to YS anymore. YS couldn't reveal to him that she knew, and JH didn't want to lie to YS anymore. Then he was relieved to find the star in the car. Then he realizes at the cafe. She knows. She says she'll wait. If JH doesn't realize after that, he's either dumb or a jerk.

Q: I could tell how you love JCW, but what about PMY?
A: Actually, I didn't know about her that well, and when I saw some of her work, the impression was: she has good diction, her voice is clear (something important for me), and that her eyes are clear and powerful. Then our director gave a strong recommendation. That she can be trusted.
When I met her in person for the first time, I could feel the aura of "I want to do it. I want to act. I really want to act properly." PMY was someone who wanted to be an actress, not a star. I'll keep on cheering for her. Seriously. What would we have done if they hadn't played JH and YS?

Q: Why did KMS leave the bug in his library even though he knew his wife was listening in?
A: I thought about that from his perspective. He finds out MY put a bug. If he gets rid of it, MY will think he's hiding something from her. No, no. I have nothing to hide from MY. MY needs to know that... This is how I felt, so that's why he left it there. (In fact, the conversation between him and Sec Oh about it was supposed to be outside, but because the crew didn't have time, they did in inside, which gave me chills.)

Q: When was the moment KMS started to believe that he didn't do anything wrong?
A: I don't really know. All I know is that he was such a vulnerable person who couldn't stand it without deceiving himself like that. I think we all have a little bit of KMS in us. I do that, too, sometimes. Going through a series of steps. Keep deceiving others, eventually start deceiving myself, and then you can only fall asleep once you've successfully fooled yourself. I had such times, too.

Q: What is the message you wanted to send out to the youth today who are put off by politics or social justice?
A: One of the questions JCW had asked on the phone was about JH telling MJ that he's just figured out who he needs to fight against, "What and how much did JH figure out here?"
My reply was about a quote I liked back in my twenties, "I can't be free if the people around me aren't free. Therefore, I fight for their freedom so that I may be free." He gave a hearty laugh and said that he got it. I think this quote was one of the messages I wanted to say to the youth. Of course, love comes before that.

Q: I saw in the script that you specifically asked for white bedding in JH's base. It doesn't seem to match with the rest of the place. Does it signify anything?
A: Ah, it had to be white. LOL I couldn't stand colorful patterns on the bedding because it was supposed to embrace the innocence of JH, and YS and JH's innocence as they'd be together some day.

Q: I'm curious about YS's missing memories of her childhood, including the man with an iron pipe in his hand.
A: I'm not curious about them at all. One of the things I absolutely can't stand is child abuse, so I tried to be as symbolic about that as possible. I didn't want to think about the details there.

Q: What triggered you to work on Healer?
A: It was something I wanted to write about before I retire as a drama writer. Something about the parents' generation and the children's generation. But as I could see that the viewership ratings wouldn't be good, I only harbored the idea in my heart. But then Director Lee Jungsub came to me several times to encourage. When I feared the most when I started was about whether I could really take on the children's perspective. I'd keep trying to lecture from the parents' perspective, could I possibly take on the child's perspective with objective eyes? Like that, I started writing the backstory of JH, and thought that it might work, and that's how it got started.

Q: What do you think we need the most to become a real adult instead of just possessing a dinosaur's brain?
A: Love boldly. Instead of being tentative without committing yourself, start with loving with all your heart. Not flirting for a momentary flutter in the heart, but to wholeheartedly love someone. 
Then, it would become very difficult to let the world your loved one lives in hurt your loved one.

Q: Is Healer no more? Has it become a world that is fine without Healer?
A: I wouldn't say JH is an ordinary cameraman. I think he's a freelancer that brings in information and pictures an ordinary reporter couldn't possibly get his hands on to Someday. He probably won't make as much money as he did as Healer. But who knows? Maybe his partner MJ helps out while stealing some of their money...

Q: What do you think is the right way of fighting against the Elders of this world?
A: I don't think it's worth it to fight against the elders of today. We'll all soon die and leave this world. What I fear is the youth of today becoming just like us and doing the same things we did. So don't take after us. Find today what you're most interested in doing... what makes you most happy... what you love the most. Find it and protect it.

Q: How fast is JH? He ran so fast when he ran to rescue ajumma and teacher.
A: I know. Even the camera couldn't keep up with him. I did hear that the actor likes soccer and that he normally plays as a striker.

Q: I heard that Healer is based on many real life cases. Could you tell us what they were?
A: There are too many of them, and actually citing names would get me in trouble.

Q: If you could express each character (JH, YS, MH, MJ) in a line?
A: JH: I don't know how to run away. 
YS: I knew it.
MH: My crime is silence.
MJ: I had to see those eyes."

Trans. by ruizaio @SOOMPI.com