[Thai Drama 2013~2015] Hormones The Series วัยว้าวุ่น

yoyo_icecube

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

carlosc said:

i'd really rather just read your tips and translations. your arguments on the merits of the show in relation to thai culture can never be tested anyway since -i don't speak thai like you claim to. so i  won't know if you're making them all up.
at least your translations are consistent with kuda's and saifon's. at least that i know---youre getting right.

oh my god, this is the first time i see mod give red text warning. i've seen 'do not quote pictures' or 'read the signature rules' but 'do not start a fight' or 'don't bypass the swear filter' (i occasionally guilty for this one too) this is my first time. xD im worried mod will come and close this thread.. let's just calm down for now.

i just wonder..if the baby sprite carrying in the teaser poster is actually phai's baby and not her lil sis? they dropped the hint since the teaser posters, yet no one actually think of it? wasn't it? when the teaser came out, i assume most of the fans saying that's sprite sister, but.. to think about it, sprite lil sis isn't directly related to phai-sprite story rite? 
when i saw the teaser poster, i did thought of 'maybe sprite will get pregnant' but... 'phai will become a daddy bcoz he slept with other girl'  never once come to my mind xD 

By the way, I've been meaning to ask this question for a while.

This is from Season 1. In the episode before this, Toei and her mom explain to Tar that Toei would have been named "Rose" by her mom if her mom had won. But her dad won out, and she was named "Toei." Toei asks, "What kind of person do you think I'd have become if I'd been a Rose?" Tar replies, "If you were Rose, I'd be Jack... You know, Titanic."

One episode later, Toei has turned down Tar; Tar is no longer talking to Toei; and she has an Avatar Jack book.

It catches my eye because it has "Jack" written on it, so soon after the Rose/Jack conversation.

But/so... does anyone know what Avatar Jack is? Is there any possible meaning to this, like there is in so many of the songs and books they choose?

i read somewhere, there's rumor saying that there is might be one character will die by the end of the season. who would it be? i know i shouldn't say this, its not like im wishing someone die, but.. if it's true, can it be fern (?), the girl that carrying phai's child. maybe from childbirth.. and sprite n phai can be together *awakward, guilty, sorry, face*

just been registered here (soompi) but I have been lurking this thread for quite a while now :)
I really love reading all the comments here as it will help me more in understanding hidden messages in the show, checking out gifs and also screencaps. 
For me, I did enjoyed Season 1 but I'm also enjoying this Season 2. I'm no expert with entertainment, educational something through TV but personally, I do learn and of the same time, entertained with what the show is currently offering. I understand why Thee is like that, why Toei is like that, Tar and many others. I'm not a teen anymore but remembering back my teen life just watching the show gives me a bittersweet feeling. Simple as it, if you are suffering just watching the show, switch to a different one. Personally, I can't take shows which is hurting me. Been through a lot of that already with the shows offered in my homeland (Philippines). So if I don't like it, I switch channels (glad we had a cable TV connection).
I love Episode 11, not because I love Tar and Toei, but because it is unusual. I saw a lot of TV shows offering happy moments on a Valentines day episode so it is quite amusing to see broken hearted people on Valentines day. hahaha. just kidding! Seriously, I love Episode 11 because of the character build up (Tar, Toei, Thee and Mhog) and tensions rising (Win, Kwan, Mhog, Thee and Non) but I'm bothered if they can have a definite resolution with 2 episodes left. Can they just extend 1 more? Maybe a special? :D
Nah!  I forgot. I also wanted to share that I've learned quite a few things while just watching the show. I can't say that I'm just after the actors/actresses on the show because they are good looking or they are my fantasies because Kdramas are more capable on providing that to me (which I'm also a fan) but because it's new to me. As I said, it reminds me of my teen life. I'm not a Thai but yes, the issues shown in the show itself depicts issues about teens (not just thais) It is really up to the audience what they've learned from the show itself. They might see theirselves on the show that we might not know of because we had different experiences or maybe the creators of the show experienced one or maybe they consulted somebody that is why they depicted the character just like that, we actually don't know but one thing is for sure (to me) that HTS has been providing me entertainment and learnings through Season 1 up until the present season. :)
Can I add one more thing? I'm actually a gay (lesbian in particular) so I understand Thee. I been through one. In my HS years, I've been close to girls that I liked. Some of them are like Non, who had these weird stares that lead me to have false impressions that they've liked me and some are just like Phu who are confused gals.. grrrrr! hahaha. So I've been a Thee before but I never reach to a point of thinking a suicide because I'm positive enough to think that there are a lot of fishes in the ocean :) and I don't want to think Thee as a miserable gay. People tend to think that a gay having this kind of situation is miserable but we are not. It is just brought by emotional immaturity. We can't just forget that Thee is just a teen on the show and teens are more emotional than adults. Teens look at the world differently. It's as if they are the only people in the world. They don't think much about responsibilities. So just look at Thee as an emotional teen (forget about Thee being gay) who always rejected with people he assumed had the same feelings as him. It will later change once he get matured enough to know that loving can't be reciprocated at all times. 

Just my thought on why Tar run after Toei while playing in front of Pang and other students because he knew that the song they are playing is one of Toei's favorite song and he don't want Toei to have a bad memory of it (seeing him given flowers by Pang and the latter sang in front of the students indirectly telling people that she really loves Tar and the guy is only for her. LOL) because Tar had assumptions (as Toei said) that Toei have feelings for him also. Those kind of situations can't be pass by later for tomorrow. Such impulse a teen can have when it comes to love. XD 

Guest milotic55

just been registered here (soompi) but I have been lurking this thread for quite a while now

:)

I really love reading all the comments here as it will help me more in understanding hidden messages in the show, checking out gifs and also screencaps. 

For me, I did enjoyed Season 1 but I'm also enjoying this Season 2. I'm no expert with entertainment, educational something through TV but personally, I do learn and of the same time, entertained with what the show is currently offering. I understand why Thee is like that, why Toei is like that, Tar and many others. I'm not a teen anymore but remembering back my teen life just watching the show gives me a bittersweet feeling. Simple as it, if you are suffering just watching the show, switch to a different one. Personally, I can't take shows which is hurting me. Been through a lot of that already with the shows offered in my homeland (Philippines). So if I don't like it, I switch channels (glad we had a cable TV connection).

I love Episode 11, not because I love Tar and Toei, but because it is unusual. I saw a lot of TV shows offering happy moments on a Valentines day episode so it is quite amusing to see broken hearted people on Valentines day. hahaha. just kidding! Seriously, I love Episode 11 because of the character build up (Tar, Toei, Thee and Mhog) and tensions rising (Win, Kwan, Mhog, Thee and Non) but I'm bothered if they can have a definite resolution with 2 episodes left. Can they just extend 1 more? Maybe a special? :D

Nah!  I forgot. I also wanted to share that I've learned quite a few things while just watching the show. I can't say that I'm just after the actors/actresses on the show because they are good looking or they are my fantasies because Kdramas are more capable on providing that to me (which I'm also a fan) but because it's new to me. As I said, it reminds me of my teen life. I'm not a Thai but yes, the issues shown in the show itself depicts issues about teens (not just thais) It is really up to the audience what they've learned from the show itself. They might see theirselves on the show that we might not know of because we had different experiences or maybe the creators of the show experienced one or maybe they consulted somebody that is why they depicted the character just like that, we actually don't know but one thing is for sure (to me) that HTS has been providing me entertainment and learnings through Season 1 up until the present season. :)

Can I add one more thing? I'm actually a gay (lesbian in particular) so I understand Thee. I been through one. In my HS years, I've been close to girls that I liked. Some of them are like Non, who had these weird stares that lead me to have false impressions that they've liked me and some are just like Phu who are confused gals.. grrrrr! hahaha. So I've been a Thee before but I never reach to a point of thinking a suicide because I'm positive enough to think that there are a lot of fishes in the ocean :) and I don't want to think Thee as a miserable gay. People tend to think that a gay having this kind of situation is miserable but we are not. It is just brought by emotional immaturity. We can't just forget that Thee is just a teen on the show and teens are more emotional than adults. Teens look at the world differently. It's as if they are the only people in the world. They don't think much about responsibilities. So just look at Thee as an emotional teen (forget about Thee being gay) who always rejected with people he assumed had the same feelings as him. It will later change once he get matured enough to know that loving can't be reciprocated at all times. 

That the thing though gay arent miserable but i dont know why most series or movie (asian) the gay character always end up witha. freaking sad ending.. and i really hate that kind of stuff, it litteraly saying if u r gay u will be miserable

that's the norm especially in Asia, that gay is miserable which is actually not. 

Base on HTS, Thee is not miserable for me. He's just immature. How can you provide a happy ending for Thee alone when the characters who aren't gay are not having their happiness also? I think it's just fair. Thee is immature, confused and self centered. You know, a kind of diva? Gays are not like that in real life (well, most gays I know are not like that, not sure if that's also with Thai gays) Gays don't have high expectations when it comes to love. It's either you love without being reciprocated or be lucky enough to have one guy who likes you also. On Thee's case, he always thinks that if someone gets close to him, that person also might end up falling for him. 

For instance, he knew Phu is not gay. Phu started to be confused when he kissed the latter when they are sleeping (Season 1). Thee used Phu's confusion to get love (that is why I said, he is self centered). And he was acting like a scorned lover when Phu had a relationship with Toei. He can leave Phu at that moment but he eventually let his emotions take over and let Phu used that as a tool for comfort. :(

It's not the same with two opposite sex. Same sex love does not happen that quick. Again, it goes to show that Thee is still a teenager. I can say Thee a miserable gay when he starts to act like one (having sex to anonymous guys, drinking all day long, suicidal attempts and having low grades, maybe? XD)

Let's just replace the miserable word to an unhappy gay. LOL. I think people behind the show trying to tell their audience that being gay is not easy as 1 2 3. That's all.  

interesting take. ill rewatch season 1 because from what I remember phuthee were friends till phu initiated. I dont remember thee seducing phu.

Archived