[Thai Drama 2013~2015] Hormones The Series วัยว้าวุ่น

yoyo_icecube

Guest nicmartin

bencanuck said: milotic55 said: I'm actually really scared and that the possibility is still a possibility of soemthing really bad happening to thee like him trying to hurt himself or even commit suicide... I really hope hormones doesn't go that way. I wonder why NON was crying so hard in thee rooms (was it?), that really scared me, the fact that thee might be missing and that one of the reason could very much be the one i mention above....

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EP.12 "Phai"

Fern: "Phai... You remember that night, right?"
Fern: "... I'm pregnant."
Phai to his sister: "Jae [sis], I made a girl pregnant."
Sis (P'Ging): "Huh?"
"Phai, when she has a baby, she must be very happy for sure."

Synopsis

Everyone has heard the news about Tar and KhanomPang's breakup. Tar, Toei, and KhanomPang are all stressed and frustrated in their own ways. Thee is still afraid to face Non, no matter how much Non wants to talk to Thee. Mhog and Khwan are still standoffish with each other, because of the matter with Win that Khwan cannot tell Mhog, making Mhog feel like an outsider.

As regards Phai, he has crossed the wall in his own heart, has accepted how important Sprite is for him, and has decided to follow his heart without being concerned for the other things that kept him back before. He has confessed to Sprite how he feels, and Porsch came to know all about this. After that, Porsch recognized that Sprite was not the same as before, and in the end, Sprite clearly asked Porsch to break up. Now it looks like the story of Phai and Sprite's relationship is gradually and steadily coming to a close. But there's nothing easy in love. When Fern, a girl with whom Phai once spent the night, comes back again, she comes with news: she's pregnant.

i find the insistence of the writers that entertaining isn't their only focus infuriating and rather pretentious. if i want to learn, go to school, read a book, talk to an expert. i will not watch TV.
people who watch TV most of the time just want to relax. we had come from a long day at school or at work. we are tired. we have done our fair share of non-entertainment things. the last thing i wanna do when i'm in front of the TV is think. i just want to relax. if i pick up a thing or two of life lessons along the way that's good.
people who insist that the show wants to teach a thing or two as well, or that they are here more than just to entertain  or that they at least want to open a channel of discussion for taboos or important issues contradict themselves when they would be the first to say---hey, it's just TV when things are taken too seriously.
how can something that's is meant to be "just TV" also claim to be more than just entertainment?secondly if you insist on being more than just entertainment then, be prepared to be judged by more serious standards, like for example, logic, realism. because you cannot use fiction in the absurd way HTS has used it, to actually teach people credibly.
you have to make up what you want. are you entertainment or are you something else. because if you insist on doing everything, you're bound to fail in it. 
that's what's happening to HTS---in its attempt to be more than just entrainment---it's actually not entertaining anymore.
when we're being taught something we're not just supposed to take everything hook line and sinker. we're supposed to question it first see if it's reasonable.
thats why if HTS will insist on being more than just entertainment, then they better drop the "it's just TV" argument when viewers start to take them seriously.
my sense is that HTS should stick to entertaining people. they did it with flying colours in season 1.  not everyone can be a Pyong and entertain and teach---both at the same time.
i think HTS2 got bit off more than it can chew. i may not understand Thai culture as much as other people show off themselves to be, but i think wherever you are , whatever your nationality race or culture is, we all watch TV shows primarily to be entertained (except newscasts of course).
I like Tar. i loved him even more after episode 11. tar and thee, along with toei are my most loved characters in the show. they're not perfect. they made mistakes. some of them horrible ones. but they always rose above it, did the right thing, even if they bleed.
they're also the strongest. Thee has been put through hell and back, he's become the torture pet of the creative team who appears to subliminally suggest that if you;re gay you'll have a miserable life--but he's always picked himself up without self destructing. you don't see him doing drugs. or beating up people. or having sex with random strangers and breaking people's hearts. he won't commit suicide i think. he will probably just cry his heart out and move on.
toei is a lot more complicated. she bottles up her feelings. even if she's been put through hell and back too. she is even willing to do something she doesn't like just to make phu happy (like taking that pet phu wanted her to have, even if phu didn't even bother to ask her if she wanted one). and yet again, she hasn't de self destructed.
same thing with Tar. he's been broken hearted twice now. you don't see him drinking his sorrows away. he didn't succumb to sex and tears and still managed to do the right thing.
Morg is also strong and level headed. i think episode 11 is the first time we saw him do something not nice. and even then its debatable.
if you thnk about it phu is the start of thee's misfortunes. phu initiated the relationship. thee was happy on his own already. thry could have just been friends. yet phu has gotten off easy. in fact hes not being held accountable for his actions. he has cobsiderably less suffering than everyone else. he's even having sex with everyone. its like telling everyone--- its ok to make a mess.

phu has a pattern. he is in love with the idea of a relationship, not necessarily the person. he doesnt love toei. the way thee loved him. phu was never selfless towards toei, nor thee for that matter. it was always about him. he went after toei not because he loves her, but because he just wanted a relationship with a girl. that he swings from toei to thee and back. is because he will only go where he can get attention. remember before this he got rejected by thee, twice. he will try to get attention wherever he can get it.phu may have been thee's converter. thee migh have been stright!!!! i dot think thee was supposed to be in seasn2. they were jist compelled to jistfy tou's presnce because of his popularity which was unexpected. f they intended for thee to be a major character from the start they could hve gotten a more experienced more popular actor. that thy hired a newbie means they wanted someone dispensable. m sure there were more popular more experienced actors

In my opinion, I feel like Phu doesn't want to deal with the the responsibility that love has to offer. He is inconsiderate and lives in such a selfish lifestyle. 
As for Tar...as much as I like him. I have to say one thing. There is something that annoyed me about Tar for a split second. Just a split second. I could be wrong, but this my thoughts on him. Don't get me wrong I actually like Tar, but there is something I have to mention...
Tar shouldn't get in a relationship with Pang in the first place if he wasn't 100% positive that he will forget Toei, feelings wise. Plus, the lack of proper communication, bad timing, and trust is on both parties (Tar and Pang), of course. That's why this couple didn't last long. However, I don't know if this is the right term but I feel like Tar use Pang as a rebound in a way. Even though Toei and Tar didn't date. If he isn't over Toei, then I see it as Pang being Tar's rebound chick. That's the only thing I probably didn't like from him. That's just my opinion.

Guest Earthkeeper

@carlosc

I get your points. Maybe we look at the show with different filters, thus different experiences. From what I read at Thailand's Pantip Forum, most Thais do enjoy season 2 and episode 11. Most of what happens in season 2 are also based on real teenagers' experiences. A lot of Thais relate to them, therefore they're not entirely fiction. Also many Thais do like season 1 more, but they also enjoy season 2 as well. Maybe you've a different background, so the story does not relate to you. And that's okay.

Many Thai teenagers also follow season 2 because of the main cast. They said that they may not continue to watch once the M6 cast leave after S2 because they don't find the new next-gen cast attractive. I get that too. Different people watch the show for different reasons. Personally I watch it for the story and the experiences I get from it. Some of the plot may be a little illogical to make it unpredictable. But I like it that way. Every episode has something new for me. So I'll continue to watch S3 if it is still being filmed.

If you watch the special episodes of S1, P' Yong and the writers have made it clear even before the show is broadcasted that it is their intention to educate as well as entertain. They hope that the Thai audience (especially teenagers and their parents) will watch the show, and then discuss productively about what is being shown. And the results has already been proven that it works. You may have the viewpoint that TV is only for entertainment. That's okay. I think a lot of people have the same viewpoint as you do. If something does not work for you, then stop. There are so many shows out there, I'm sure you'll find something that you like. Then maybe, just maybe, when S3 is broadcasted, you may like it better. Anything can happen, but it is also possible that you'll hate it even more. Just try, and if it doesn't work, then leave it. But from your post, it seems you also love it as well as hate it. :P

Be happy, okay? *hugs*

Earthkeeper said: @carlosc

I get your points. Maybe we look at the show with different filters, thus different experiences. From what I read at Thailand's Pantip Forum, most Thais do enjoy season 2 and episode 11. Most of what happens in season 2 are also based on real teenagers' experiences. A lot of Thais relate to them, therefore they're not entirely fiction. Also many Thais do like season 1 more, but they also enjoy season 2 as well. Maybe you've a different background, so the story does not relate to you. And that's okay.

Many Thai teenagers also follow season 2 because of the main cast. They said that they may not continue to watch once the M6 cast leave after S2 because they don't find the new next-gen cast attractive. I get that too. Different people watch the show for different reasons. Personally I watch it for the story and the experiences I get from it. Some of the plot may be a little illogical to make it unpredictable. But I like it that way. Every episode has something new for me. So I'll continue to watch S3 if it is still being filmed.

If you watch the special episodes of S1, P' Yong and the writers have made it clear even before the show is broadcasted that it is their intention to educate as well as entertain. They hope that the Thai audience (especially teenagers and their parents) will watch the show, and then discuss productively about what is being shown. And the results has already been proven that it works. You may have the viewpoint that TV is only for entertainment. That's okay. I think a lot of people have the same viewpoint as you do. If something does not work for you, then stop. There are so many shows out there, I'm sure you'll find something that you like. Then maybe, just maybe, when S3 is broadcasted, you may like it better. Anything can happen, but it is also possible that you'll hate it even more. Just try, and if it doesn't work, then leave it. But from your post, it seems you also love it as well as hate it. :P

Be happy, okay? *hugs*

DarkRose said: In my opinion, I feel like Phu doesn't want to deal with the the responsibility that love has to offer. He is inconsiderate and lives in such a selfish lifestyle. 
As for Tar...as much as I like him. I have to say one thing. There is something that annoyed me about Tar for a split second. Just a split second. I could be wrong, but this my thoughts on him. Don't get me wrong I actually like Tar, but there is something I have to mention...
Tar shouldn't get in a relationship with Pang in the first place if he wasn't 100% positive that he will forget Toei, feelings wise. Plus, the lack of proper communication, bad timing, and trust is on both parties (Tar and Pang), of course. That's why this couple didn't last long. However, I don't know if this is the right term but I feel like Tar use Pang as a rebound in a way. Even though Toei and Tar didn't date. If he isn't over Toei, then I see it as Pang being Tar's rebound chick. That's the only thing I probably didn't like from him. That's just my opinion.

Guest Earthkeeper

@carlosc

Maybe the last 2 episodes will wrap things up so you can go higher when episode 11 brings you down so much?
Or maybe things also can get worse. It's just like life, it is unpredictable.

Just like Oil's episode. Before that, everyone are angry and upset about her. But when her episode has been broadcasted, things changed.
I like how you said it: "it's something i love to hate".

Just enjoy being depressed. You never know what's going to happen next!

i heard that the writer of thee's character said on twitter that The fight for love isn't over yet.or something to that effect.
honestly, if he was talking about thee---i don't see how they can logically have thee with either phu or non still.
then again this is hormones, the same show that claims to teach lessons but also conveniently hides under the "it's just TV " defense for its own imperfections.
so i guess since they think logic is beyond artistic license---it may still be possible.

Earthkeeper said: @carlosc

Maybe the last 2 episodes will wrap things up so you can go higher when episode 11 brings you down so much?
Or maybe things also can get worse. It's just like life, it is unpredictable.

Just like Oil's episode. Before that, everyone are angry and upset about her. But when her episode has been broadcasted, things changed.
I like how you said it: "it's something i love to hate".

Just enjoy being depressed. You never know what's going to happen next!

the most successful writers and artists never went around town claiming I'm gonna entertain and teach at the same time. they just entertained to their heart's content. if there were any lessons taught along the way---those were bits and pieces that came out just because the artists were probably naturally intelligent people.
im not going to debate thai culture with anyone. i don't claim to know thais. neither will i ram down my rudimentary knowledge of thai culture down anyone's throats.
I'm making my points not in relation to thai culture.  because really the show, isn't JUST thai. the themes. the dramas. the story. the characters. can be found in many countries. it just so happened, the show is in thailand.
i also don't think that the thai audience who religiously follow the show have extensively debated and analysed this show. typical viewers won't even think. they'll just sit there and watch their cute crush actors and actresses without really paying attention to the story so long as the actors look cute on camera enough to fuel their fantasies. just because the show is successful doesn't mean it;s a good show. for all we know the viewers are really just watching the actors without any care for the story.
that's why for me---it is more important that you entertain first, and educate second, if you can.

Guest loveislove

Some positive assumptions/imagines cross my mind:
- Thee: I'd prefer that Thee will choose to be happy on his own and decide which's good for himself, then he can be more mature and the audience can also get the lesson too. He doesnt need to happy ending with anyone (after season 2 ends) when he realises that he can choose his own way to live. I hope HTS will choose that way to show us or at least dont make some cliche', miserable gay story, i never think they intend to do such that thing.
- Phai: I have simple imagination his story is something like that: he will take the responsible for what he did with Fern. As an asumption before, she got 5-6 months pregnant, so Phai will be dad, can not do kinda abortion thing. Dont get rid of what you did, Phai. And he will be struggle with Fern and Sprite. But, i hope Fern lied, it means, Phai is not dad of her baby in the end. So Phai-Sprite can be happy together, people got the lessons too. :)) :)) :))
Ok, those are just SIMPLE thoughts of mine, and i also can imagine HTS wont do thing is predictable like that. I know most of us prefer happy ending, but i am here again preparing for the next episode disregarding it will be shocked or not.

carlosc said: i find the insistence of the writers that entertaining isn't their only focus infuriating and rather pretentious. if i want to learn, go to school, read a book, talk to an expert. i will not watch TV.
people who watch TV most of the time just want to relax. we had come from a long day at school or at work. we are tired. we have done our fair share of non-entertainment things. the last thing i wanna do when i'm in front of the TV is think. i just want to relax. if i pick up a thing or two of life lessons along the way that's good.

HTS is the Game of Thrones of teen series. Lol.

This is my first post here but I have been lurking here as well. Hehe.

At first my theory about Non's feeling guilty after the kiss hicup was he feels some attraction towards Thee. But I guess he was feeling guilty for allowing Thee misinterpret his friendship..remember what Thee said after Non's reaction? He thought Non was gay as well and that he has some feelings for Thee. So, technically, Non is to be blamed in the end.

I actually follow NonThee and WinKhwan alone. I'm not really following deeply the rest of the ships because it's pretty messed up.

As to the quality of the plots for this season, it's pretty messed up and I have to admit that I stopped investing emotionally. I just watch and see what happens without too much attachment to the ships and characters....just like how I watch the GoT. Lol

Guest Earthkeeper

carlosc said: enjoy being depressed? seriously??!!! LOL. when something bad hits you, fight it, or change it. you don't just wallow in it. maybe you wallow for a day or 2 but afterwards you decide to either drop it or fight for it.

HTS is the show i love to hate now. and Phu is the character i love to hate.this guy has no redeeming factor whatsoever. he has never done anything to rectify his mistakes. even his apologies lack sincerity because he never takes responsibility, can never say what he did wrong and is just using the apology to end an argument instead of fixing the problem.the guy has just used his confusion to mess around. he's infuriating that way.i wonder why March got casted for this role. to be fair, he;s effective as the irritating Phu. i wonder if he was really acting effortlessly and naturally.i heard from some thai friends that march is often in trouble over his remarks, maybe that's why he got the role. he's naturally irritating.

Hmmm... :-?

At the risk of sounding like an English major... :))

What if we asked the following questions: Is Hamlet entertainment or is it philosophy ("To be or not to be")? Is The Brothers Karamazov entertainment or is it theology ("The Grand Inquisitor")? Is Oliver Twist entertainment or is it social commentary on 19th century England? Is 1984 entertainment or is it political argumentation?

Do you see what I mean? These are a false dichotomies. We don't need to choose.

The answer in all cases can be "both." :)

:)

That's the basic premise of Hormones, too. We don't need to choose.

The premise of Hormones is that the show will be at two different extremes at once. I'm not sure what to call these two extremes, but I'll try to call them character fiction and social fact. The character side and the plotting are insanely fictitious at times -- especially the plotting and the emotional ups and downs. But the immersion in social fact (teen/family/social issues) is very, very deliberate. There are both extremes. :) Whether it fails or succeeds, that's something that will be attempted in every episode of Hormones.

I know it sounds pretentious to harp on about this, but if you don't live here, then you may be missing the background/context: The Thai audience knows to expect these two extremes. Hormones has been around long enough and the show is so huge, almost everyone knows to expect both character fiction and social fact (though certain people might deny the social facts are real facts, of course). ;):)) The Hormones brand is associated with this in the public at large. So... if we're expecting something else, then we've missed an important thing in the background/context. By now, it's expected that viewers know this premise. There's education + fiction or character fiction + social fact. :)

Of course, it's not everyone's cup of tea. Sure! That's fine. ... But... that's the premise of the show. ^.^

I completely agree with your views but we have to admit the fact that some viewers are feeling abused with the extreme use of extremes. Just like how the audience if GoT are feeling. Some of them are even wishing for the death if the author which is plain beyond the border.

Tragedy as a genre is not for everyone. Some do not even bother reading this stories. But I guess HTS is unique in a sense that it is not really what it supposed to say or what it supposed to be (according to some of the followers).

Archived