[Thai Drama 2013~2015] Hormones The Series วัยว้าวุ่น

yoyo_icecube

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest loveislove

The first thing i did when i got home was checking if episode 11 was subbed or not. And thank for Kuda's hard work, i could watch it eventually. I had prepared myself for the broken-hearted episode, so it didnt kinda hurt much as i thought, apart from pang-tar moment in classroom (maybe i had well prepared LOL)
1. If i temporarily forgot all the thing Tar did to Pang when he run after Toei, all I see the moment between Tar-Toei is hurted too, both of them had feeling to each other but either of them got the answer which should be spoken out. For Toei, It's tough when she couldn't reply for the one she like when he confessed his feeling. And again, just forgot in short moment.
2. Not only love-relationship are/gonna broken but also the friendship too: Pop-Tar, Win-Mhog
I know there are a lot of complaints/negative feedback abt this episode (from Kuda's website and this thread).I dont feel comfortable when i see it. but it's nice if we get more "funny" and "positive" comments again.. I like this show but i don't be serious/really into it much, or another words, bad effects didnt affect my real life. And i think this is the time to move on, both of us and the character who get suffered.
JasonZ said: -I think Thee is going to commit suicide or something really bad is going to happen :(.  Too much sadness for Thee, I hope he will get better!

Earthkeeper said: Although this episode portrays many heart-breaking scenes, and many of you are upset, please continue to follow this series until the end. You can never know what is in store for us in the last 2 episodes. Maybe by after watching the whole show, then we can more accurately appreciate what this episode has to offer. In my point of view: every series is like that - it has its ups and downs of emotions. Otherwise, it will be too bland and uninteresting.

In the Hormone S2 introductory video that is in a post a few pages back, P' Yong and P' Ping have mentioned that the 2nd Season is more about relationships. The relationships are more entangled, and more dramatic. The content is more "Raeng" or "heavy/alarming". They did not mention that S2 will have the same feel as S1. I think many people like how S1 is filmed and has expectations of the same in S2. Thus the disappointments.

From my point of view, I like both seasons. They're different, and I like the diversity. When I watch each episode, I appreciate every moments of what the show is expressing. I cried many times in episode 11. I don't get this same experience when I watch S1. When you're willing to let go of everything and immerse yourself to the story, instead of "comparing the story to how you want it to be", you'll be able to enjoy it much more.

Umm...I don't know if someone asked this yet, but I have a question. Someone mention this on tumblr & I'm actually curious too. I wonder if someone will answer. 
How come on Valentines day those Thai students put those heart shape stickers on their uniform? Where and when did that started? Is it normal to do that on Valentine's day over there? Just curious. 

In the "old-fashioned way" to celebrate Valentine's Day, red heart stickers are supposed to be stuck on collars or pockets of someone we like, love (doesn't necessarily have to be romantic), or have a secret crush on. Basically it's for friends and special people (or maybe even family, like Pop and Pang).

Now there are different colours, too (not just red).

It's very normal. :)

Not sure if it would be easy to determine where and when it started, though.

Someone at KudaLakorn asked what is the song that plays on the school speakers when, on Valentine's Day, Thee runs into Non and sees Phu. I listened to the lyrics and googled them.

The song is called "The Opposite Sex" (by STAMP).

OMG, what a title to play when Thee runs into Non and Phu.

But not only the title, the lyrics, too:

"The Opposite Sex" by STAMP

I feel good today that we're so lucky to be friends
It feels good to be with you, and I should think just that

But suddenly when I heard your sweet voice
My heart drifted into a sweet dream
But you're still grounded, and I'm afraid of my beating heart
Is there a way to just be friends?

You know it suffers, right? The heart of the opposite sex
My imagination runs wild when you get close to me
It's as if something's been injected into my heart
Sweat trickles down and my hormones surge
And it hurts to the quick, knowing that you don't feel anything for me at all

A guy and a girl -- can they really just be friends?
Because some nights you still come into my dreams
Smiling, laughing, standing, looking at me, giving me hope
But when I meet you for real, I'm afraid of my beating heart
Is there a way to just be friends? Can it happen?

It should be good enough already to be friends
It might be easier than this, if we were the same sex

bencanuck said: Someone at KudaLakorn asked what is the song that plays on the school speakers when, on Valentine's Day, Thee runs into Non and sees Phu. I listened to the lyrics and googled them.

But not only the title, the lyrics, too:

since this show keeps defying logic anyway, sometimes in the most outrageous and infuriating ways, anything is still possible at this point. but i still hope they remember that their focus should be entertaining, not unleashing a whole lot of negativity on their audience.
season 1 did that---it was intense, went for the offbeat path--pushed the limits, without leaving its viewers feeling negative.
its funny that the Thai govt wants to return happiness to the thai people. this show made no one happy with episode 11---unless you're a masochist.
i;m glad season 2 is almost over. I won't be watching season 3 anymore.

they should remember that they also leave subliminal messages--maybe they ddin't intend for it but having a gay character who is always miserable may make them come across as homophobes whose main message is be gay and youll be miserable.

part of me thinks the staff stuck with the formula that made thee a popular character anyway. make him the underdog. i understand from someone in the show that thee and tou were never supposed to stay longer than a few episodes in season1. they had no plans of carrying him over, making him a major character in season 2. that changed when Tou became popular. he was just meant to be a support to march.
phu's character is also badly written. this character makes it glamorous for people to make a mess, play with people;s feelings and have sex with everyone.

I would like to nominate the best scene in EP11 Hormones season 2
tumblr_ncp54xMAYq1u0ps2ao1_1280.jpg

Here the scene when Tar confront Toei about his feeling. Asking again how's Toei feeling towards him.I can see that he was really hurt when Toei said that everything is only inside Tar imagination.
However, Gun gave the best performance here, not only able to show how he was hurt again but also express his feeling again.Good job Gun!!

Second one:tumblr_ncp54xMAYq1u0ps2ao5_1280.jpg Wow.. i never saw he cries before. Top usually play this cheerful character. Correct me if i am wrong, but even when he broke up with his girl friend he just feel annoyed, upset.. and not that sad.
He did a good job. I already thought how this a rather cheerful, funny, comical character can deliver a sad emotion, disappointment, if his trust is betrayed. I have been thinking this since he knew that Tar was having relationship with Pang. More, when he really express his loves toward Tar and Pang relationship. He trusted Tar. And I kept wondering that time how this trust can be tested. I do not expect tar will betrayed him so much like this.
Now, I can feel how his has been hurt so much. Feeling of being betrayed. I put myself in his shoes, maybe I had have punch Tar!! hahahaha. Imagine how angry you are, when you really trust someone, and futhermore you have express your trust to the person and he know it that you trust him!
Again. Good job Top.. !!!!

@diankusuma The whole song can apply to Thee, but the words "opposite sex" and "same sex" need to be switched wherever they occur, and "a guy and a girl" changed to "two guys". :)

The title is particularly cruel, too. Non and Phu both apparently aren't with Thee because of the opposite sex... and Thee runs into both Non and Phu while the song plays. :)

bencanuck said:
diankusuma said:

My another guess bet who is gay is SUN. I think he smile when Tar walked with Toei shows that he likes Tar rather than Toei,Anyone agree or disagree with this hypothesis? Please share your opinion here. :) :)

Guest Earthkeeper

Well, one of the main points of the show is to give a different viewpoint to the Thai audience concerning various teen/family/social issues. Since S2 focuses on relationships, the show reflects what can happen to the relationships of Thai Teens, and how each of them choose to react, and therefore the consequences of these decisions.

If the show focuses on "happy relationships", then there's nothing to learn from them. Many Thai Teenagers can relate to what happens to Toei, Tar and Pang in episode 11 because they personally experienced the same or know someone who have experienced it. What Hormones provides to the Thai audience are more than just entertainment, but more importantly the important lessons and experiences that they can gain without personally witnessing them themselves.

I know that Thee suffers a lot and many fans wants him to be happy. There are 2 more episodes left and the writers may provide him with peace of mind later. From my point of view, every Teenagers are different and Thee represents one who suffers from the lack of love and acceptance. I really do think that Thee can be happy even if the outer circumstances are not pleasant. Happiness is a choice and happens within. It is also freely available if you choose it. If you depends on outer circumstances to be happy, then you'll be miserable if you're stuck in an unfavorable environment. In many cases, people are also miserable even when they're in an extremely favorable environment. I wish the writers of Hormones can write a story in a future episode to reflect this important point, which will give Thai teenagers an important lesson as they go through one of the most confusing and chaotic period of their lives.

Guest nicmartin

bencanuck said:

I feel good today that we're so lucky to be friends
It feels good to be with you, and I should think just that

But suddenly when I heard your sweet voice
My heart drifted into a sweet dream
But you're still grounded, and I'm afraid of my beating heart
Is there a way to just be friends?

Guest nicmartin

Before the season ends, my choices for the best performers/stand-outs. I could be a little biased :)
Most Valuable Player (Best Acting for the entire season) - PunPun as Toie 
Best Acting runner-ups - tie between Tou as Thee and Oil (forgot the actress' name)
Star of the Season (most likeable award of sort) - Gunn as Tar 
Best Reinvention/Change - Fonn as Dao 
Best Episodes (so far) - Tar's, Thee's and Oil's (my opinion on Oil episode changed dramatically after rewatching)
Most Disappointing Episode (so far) - Phu's

Guest milotic55

I'm actually really scared and that the possibility is still a possibility of soemthing really bad happening to thee like him trying to hurt himself or even commit suicide... I really hope hormones doesn't go that way. I wonder why NON was crying so hard in thee rooms (was it?), that really scared me, the fact that thee might be missing and that one of the reason could very much be the one i mention above....
And to be honest if Hormones really goes that way it will go on to for me to the most hated drama i have ever watched...

Archived