[Thai Drama 2013~2015] Hormones The Series วัยว้าวุ่น

yoyo_icecube

Anyone who has not seen the episode yet and who doesn't want to wait for subtitles, may like to search DailyMotion for "Hormones The Next Gen season 2 ep.4". Goodness knows why there's already another season of Next Gen, but there you go. ;)

AllyM said: Remember [Phu's] self-questioning as to if his is bad/a monster?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I can confirm that Phu asked his mom in S1E11 whether he was an earthworm (sai duan). He didn't said monster.

Earthworms, as Thai kids learn in some science classes, are hermaphrodite creature having both sex organs. He's using the word for someone being able to like both sexes, in my opinion.

It's interesting that none of the main characters ever used the word bisexual or explicitly stated that Phu is bi, as opposed to strictly gay (which Thee in Season 1 and Toei in both Seasons 1 and 2 seem to believe).

Only one of his bandmates, Ball, mentions that Phu likes both sexes but Phu was upset hearing this.

In addition, his mom doesn't understand his bisexuality either. "I don't understand what you are going through but give it time, son." As she replies to Phu's earthworm comment.

To be honest, many people who watch Hormones don't believe in bisexuality either. They keep claiming that he is a gay boy who is trying to pretend he likes girls.

But, imo, he does like girls (and boys). But he's trapped by the notion that you have to pick one. So, in the next episode I predict that Phu will get to deal with this issue by doing it with people he will meet.

And guess what? There is no better time for any Hormones male character to interact with a ladyboy than in the next episode. That's my thought.

Good point!

Even Thee never said the word. Instead he told Phu in S1 "you can fool other people but don't fool yourself" actually meaning "you can fool other people that you are not gay but you can't fool yourself"

The word bisexual has never been used in the show at all but I think it will be time for the word soon!

PS. I didn't get to read your reply before making the previous post. This forum is weird. Haha

morning guys... 
phu must be the most discuss topic this time. it's just feeling great when i get to curse him.. (lol.. sorry) as i haven't watch it, i'll wait for the sub before making my looooooooooong comment (if im in the mood, short if im not) but i can predict that phu will be taking 80% of my post. 
ps: if not.. maybe im spazzing over tar-phang for the whole post XD 

I said in my previous post that i can't take it if Thee will be given another heartbreak and ep 4 just did!!!!! Im going crazy! Can someone be a super spoiler and tell me that the season ends with Non and Thee or James and Thee together hahahahaha this is so frustrating...

I'm curious about the girl with glasses who takes pictures of Dao and Koi. She is given the name Je t'aime and is said to be the admin of the lesbian ship page.

Why are we told this info? She's apparently not a random girl as we thought. Will she have more role in future episodes?

Is she in Grade 10? If she is, perhaps she will interact with the Next Gen cast as Pop does to the current cast for VR Source (recently renamed as I Am Source) or as Dao did in season 1 when she was a writer.

Maybe I'm overanalyzing. Haha

Guest QuynhD1430294325

yoyo_icecube said: welcome @QuynhD to soompi and to this thread. im happy to have new member to sharing thoughts and discussion about hormones. do come often, especially on saturday night ~ sunday, when the discussion will me heated :D

Guest QuynhD1430294325

I know this topic is about discussing the film but I think OST is an important part to increase character mood, isnt' it? :)  I want to know who is into Hormones 2 OST like me, please tell me know? ^^I like the song Toycar of Tiger and I am like listen to it everyday maybe almost 40 times because I want to sing it by Thai :D

Guest skeletonworks

@yoyo_icecube sorry I wasn't able to do live recap last nite. Went hiking yesterday & completely exhausted by the time I reached home. I knew I shouldn't have missed out yesterday's episode!!! Look what have I missed out!!!! Aarrrggghhhhh.

bencanuck said:

Generally speaking, the show seems to be avoiding the words as positive labels. (All uses of "gay" seem to be designed to stir trouble and hurt people.) I guess it makes some narrative sense. If the characters start applying labels to themselves, people think less of the character and story, and they think more of the ideas? I'm not sure.

According to a tweet from P'Ping (director), the following was not in the script:

(Phu's tears)

Thee: "Hey, don't cry."

Phu: "You're the only one who has never abandoned me."

March and Tou added it.

Nice improvisation of them. I like it.

yoyo_icecube said:

somehow im like S1 better, its feels more like movie. but this season makes me feels like its too pack. lack of beautiful, dialogue-less scene where make me think of what the characters are thinking. I feel like everything that they (production) wants to deliver are too direct this time compare to S1. 

but.. just like u, i prefer less gay-lesbian story in this season. i mean, at least make it balance.. i want to see boyxgirl OTP as much as same gender couples too.. 

Guest skeletonworks

I just finished watching episode 4:
Why in the DORM? How come no one occupies the dorm? One of the disadvantage of technology (sometimes).
And oh boxer underneath that sheet!!! \:D/3C7kLa.jpg
cr. @StitchZaa

Guest skeletonworks

bencanuck said: yoyo_icecube said:

somehow im like S1 better, its feels more like movie. but this season makes me feels like its too pack. lack of beautiful, dialogue-less scene where make me think of what the characters are thinking. I feel like everything that they (production) wants to deliver are too direct this time compare to S1. 

but.. just like u, i prefer less gay-lesbian story in this season. i mean, at least make it balance.. i want to see boyxgirl OTP as much as same gender couples too.. 

So many story arcs!!! :D 
Kwan & Win - I really do hope they end up together. My favourite scenes were during the uniform & Kwan's father story arc....and when they were working together for a project. They're basically my favourite couple, haha. Looking forward to Win's family story, it was really sad in Season 1 where all the main character's at least had an attentive/supportive family member except for him. 

Sprite & Phai -  I find their personalities much more lovable when they're not together. Phai finally realised that fighting continuously would get no-where and became a little closer to his family. Now he's at a point where he needs to figure out what he enjoys and wishes to be in the future, he looks so lost and insecure these last episodes. As for Sprite I like her spunky side when she's caring for her friends, especially Kwan.

Thee & Non - Wow haha. They are adorable! I don't mind a full episode of Non cheering up Thee........ even though it's unrequited/friendship? at this stage :( 

Tar & Popcorn's sister - Adorable :D 

Dao - An episode of Dao finding the jerk would be awesome. I like how she's rebelling against her over bearing Mom, I just hope she doesn't over do it. 

So much feels lol, and need to sleep haha. 

Archived