[Thai Drama 2013~2015] Hormones The Series วัยว้าวุ่น

yoyo_icecube

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest antakalainaro

OMG.. OMG.. Can't Wait for Next Eps.... My Favorite

She was hallucinating, who's Jane see?? Win ?

#TeamJane

Unless they managed to snag Peach back from Channel 3 or used archived footage from Season 1 or 2, this would be impossible.

Guest Vergara

The story about Phao seems interesting, thanks for recap @Bencanuck. Though it surprises me that Dao's mom easily accept, then it's like the story of them ended there, I can't see any hindrances next, or about Koi's Dad. Oh, good. Poor Net, he is really nice guy, by the way.

Now, Zomzom has taken care of Mali from now on and when Sun tries to approach her, Zomzom will take her action as in trailer, Lol. Such a lovely sisters .

The relationship between Pang and Non may be developed in the forthcoming episodes, I'm waiting for it :D, but how about First and Oil? I'm curious too.

I think it's quite predictable compares to the season 2 last year though.

By the way, how to tag people in my reply? Idk  about this and this forum looks strange at time I log in to as I hardly saw and read other's comments.

Guest zurichtime_stv

so, does the DaoKoi ship stole Phao's episode? what do you think? :lol:

Definitely! HAHAHA.. DaoKoi stole back the episode from Phu's brother. :D Sorry, Phao! You have to bear the karma from what your brother did in last season.

I'm so glad finally Dao and Koi are getting back together. But, at the same time, i feel so bad to Net. As i ship both DaoKoi and KoiNet, this episode really conflicting for me :tears: But, seriously Koi decided to break up with Net so fast. Why don't Koi take some time and thhink about it or just make Dao in some angst moment before decide back to Dao. Poor Net :tears: He's such a nice, handsome and very likeable guy. Let's see what else will hamper DaoKoi relationship. Koi's Dad's permission? Let's see... :rolleyes:

Next episode is about Jane! Yipieee.. Will we see the Jane-throwing-pen-to-teacher scene? I'm dying to see it! B) 

So, KNP invited Jane to the pub? I thought KNP more like "home" girl and not a pub girl. :blink:

Guest Vergara

I'm so glad finally Dao and Koi are getting back together. But, at the same time, i feel so bad to Net. As i ship both DaoKoi and KoiNet, this episode really conflicting for me :tears: But, seriously Koi decided to break up with Net so fast. Why don't Koi take some time and thhink about it or just make Dao in some angst moment before decide back to Dao. Poor Net :tears: He's such a nice, handsome and very likeable guy. Let's see what else will hamper DaoKoi relationship. Koi's Dad's permission? Let's see... :rolleyes:

I have not seen episode 4 yet, but I do think Koi break - up decision was too fast as well, and it somehow make me feel like she took Net's advantage by accepting him but while she is waiting Dao. I know she didn't mean to though. Poor that guy.

Guest CrypticShan

I have not seen episode 4 yet, but I do think Koi break - up decision was too fast as well, and it somehow make me feel like she took Net's advantage by accepting him but while she is waiting Dao. I know she didn't mean to though. Poor that guy.

I also think that it was rushed, but it's understandable. I was brash as a teen too, never really minding about other's feelings, and to think that Koi wanted her since season 2. I'd be running too if I was her, like Dao-running-with-her-blouse-untucked-combined-with-messy-hair-while-wearing-slippers-frantically-running kind. :lol: I don't get why people keep saying that she took advantage of Net somehow, I feel bad for him but he was briefed of what he was getting into. He knew the situation between the two, Koi said it herself. It was his decision and Koi tried to like him too. It was just a sticky and messy situation. I think it was better that way, instead of prolonging the situation and eventually ending up with deceit. I'd be sad if they hurt Net any further. :tears:  Plot twist: Dad disapproves, Koi is transferred to study in Belgium, :o

Zomzom and Mali's sibling relationship though. Go away Sun! No one wants you. :sweatingbullets: Phao's really good at playing guitar in real life. I'm glad they uploaded that. Will he keep on pursuing her ex? :o Jane's episode is next! Do you guys think that she's still taking drugs? :o 

Guest zurichtime_stv

I also think that it was rushed, but it's understandable. I was brash as a teen too, never really minding about other's feelings, and to think that Koi wanted her since season 2. I'd be running too if I was her, like Dao-running-with-her-blouse-untucked-combined-with-messy-hair-while-wearing-slippers-frantically-running kind. :lol: I don't get why people keep saying that she took advantage of Net somehow, I feel bad for him but he was briefed of what he was getting into. He knew the situation between the two, Koi said it herself. It was his decision and Koi tried to like him too. It was just a sticky and messy situation. I think it was better that way, instead of prolonging the situation and eventually ending up with deceit. I'd be sad if they hurt Net any further. :tears:  Plot twist: Dad disapproves, Koi is transferred to study in Belgium, :o

Zomzom and Mali's sibling relationship though. Go away Sun! No one wants you. :sweatingbullets: Phao's really good at playing guitar in real life. I'm glad they uploaded that. Will he keep on pursuing her ex? :o Jane's episode is next! Do you guys think that she's still taking drugs? :o 

Net knows the consequences of dating Koi, so he's understand when Koi said she want to get back together with Dao. But, it's just i feel pity for him because he get dumped so fast and because he's such a likeable character. Will we see Net again for the rest of season?

I think Jane's still using drugs. From the MV, we can see Jane and something like powder thing, maybe drugs. 

Episode 3 was a giveaway to Koi and Net. Koi knew she's still into Dao and she's really into girls. Even kissing Net didn't give her butterflies in the stomach. So when Dao approached her and said she's ready to fight for their love, it made her heart irrational. I think it's normal if you really love the person. It's heart over mind this time for Koi. I like that she didn't lied to Net. The guy needs a proper break up. He deserves it since he's a good guy. 

we're just still in episode 4, definitely not a happy ending yet. Maybe Dao's mom is more careful now in dealing with her daughter because of the lamp throwing incident before but it's not assurance yet that she's open now with the DaoKoi ship. Definitely, there's more to it than meets the eye. 

i agree that they put too much things in ep3. everything resolved very quickly. but i still enjoy it. 

it is very refreshing to see jane smile for real in ep3. great... at least there is a teacher that can make her smile. 

robot and phao are so adorable, i like how phao tell mali about phu to make mali feels better. 

zomzom is surprisingly sweet at home, she acted so strong at school, a bully... but she is just a momdad's gegirl.. her scene when she stripped her skirt and throw it to her dad is so hurtful. i felt a jab in my heart.. ouch

----------------------------

ep4 i like how zomzom now taking care of mali. this girl is so unexpected. dao's mommy changed? she is more understanding now?? finally? really??

net is such a nice guy.i feel sad for him.dont worry net, im sure better girl will come to you.

Guest antakalainaro

I'm watching now what I missed with the live episode last Saturday. 

I'm so amazed with Phao. He's a beginner but already doing sipra for the songs he wanted to learn. Even I, can't do that. I'm stuck with the basics. :lol:

Sipra. hahaha. Isn't that a Filipino word which means to learn the song by ear? The last time I heard that was on a song by Sandwich.

Since my comment translation got some love, so i'll do more.

this is the review from ep.2 (where Koi started to date Net) but i think it's a very good read.

1443931799-kemisarap1-o.jpg

Koi-Dao: The love that surrenders to social ideal

http://pantip.com/topic/34263040

From ss1 to ss3 ep.2, Koi and Dao have been hit over and over. Who causes all the hardship? It has been presented clearly that they were in love. Even when Koi chose Net, she still loved Dao. Net isn't the hurdle of their love, it's the social ideal.

Social ideal is what the majority of the society expects, what they deem perfect. the perfection doesn't equate to 'good', it's mere what the society wants things to be. However, most believe 'perfect' = 'good'. Thai society is relatively open-minded on homosexuality. However, if you ask a random person what a complete family is like, the answer will be a family of father, mother and child. The basis of this mentality probably lies on the patriarchy concept which has dominated the country for ages. Indeed, this concept isn't unique to Thailand, it also dominates many 'civilized' countries.

What's patriarchy?

'Patriarchy' is the concept that the man is superior. The man is the leader and the woman is the supporter. The man is the strength and the woman is the kindness. The value of the woman bases on how well she can support the man.

Unsurprisingly, no matter how much homosexual persons are accepted, they aren't approved to be parents. Who will give the kindness of both parents are men? Who will protect the family if both parents are women? No one questions what the true perfection is. Many hetero couples divorce while many homo couples last for lives. No one questions if all women are weak, if a woman can protect others.

Koi has a warm family background. Her father gives her freedom and raises her humor. Hence, she's self confident and cheerful. She has no complex to hide and she won't care judgement from others, so she's a straightforward person and does everything outright. She doesn't like to date in secret, but, knowing Dao's nature, she lowers her expectency and wish Dao will, at least, express clearly to her. If they're truly love, they will eventually make it through all hurdle and live happily.

She doesn't understand it's not that easy for Dao.

Dao's character is deeper. All her life is under pressure, mainly from her mother. The mother who restricted her in every single aspect. She does everything in the name of love but never realized if what was good for her might not good for her child. her 'good' was objective, if it's good for her, it's good for everyone. She believed, if her child fitted her ideal, she would be happy. After Dao exploded in ss2, she started questioning her belief and loosen the restriction on Dao. She has given more freedom to Dao but she couldn't go beyond the social ideal, It's ok if Dao wanna write novels but to be homosexual may be over the line. The long confined Dao can't be as self-confident as Koi. She judges her own value accordingly to the social judgement. She always feels insecure and she feels her relationship with her mother isn't stable. She's enjoying the little freedom from her mother. If she tells her mother she's gay, her mother may be heart-broken and her relationship with her mother may end. In many scene, such as the scene in the car, the scene she talked to her mother, she couldn't look directly into her mother's eyes, she's still the same submissive Dao and trying to sustain this relationship.

Aside from her mother, Dao as well is scared of the public eyes. When her relationship with Koi was exposed, it was clear that she couldn't bear the questioning, the judging eyes of others. She fears of social acceptance, hence she chooses to let go of Koi to save her comfort zone.

Moreover, Koi grows up in single dad family, but she's never feel lacking because her father is so friendly and loving. A family may not complete with both father and mother but it's not defect either as long as there is love and understanding. On the other hand, Dao is from a family with both father and mother. She believes a family needs both father and mother. She can't see how she can live with Koi. She's never doubted in the love from Koi, but she doubts what her mother, what the society wants. She isn't strong enough to leave her mother and the society behind for love. If Dao can't brush this mentality off, the love is impossible.

Since she undertand her world will be shaken if she choose Koi, Dao choose not to go beyond friendship with Koi. But, she knows her heart. She loves and wants Koi as much as Koi loves and wants her but it's impossible for her. She can't choose Koi but she can't let her go either. She can't make a resolute decision. She couldn't even clearly reply she wanted Koi to be her friend, could only be silent. She feels guilty to Koi when she unveils her feeling because it may raise Koi's hope up. She can't let Koi go but she doesn't know what to do if she really gets Koi back. Straightforward Koi definitely is frustrated with Dao's murkiness. Dao seems flustered but distances herself in the end. Not only Koi is hurted, She feels being devalued as expressed by the line "I'm sorry that I can't be a man for you". Dao makes Koi feels as if she's a mistake in Dao's life. So, Koi decided to start over with someone with whom she can be her old bright Koi. She can't be in a shady relationship with Dao.

continued

- imo, it's just Dao didn't love Koi deep enough. I understnd Dao but had she tried the fullest for her love? Indeed, the parent's utmost desire is the happiness of her child. Try her best that she won't regret.

- "Dao didn't love Koi deep enough." I don't think so. almost 100% of high schoolers of such family background are like dao, confused and scared. wait 10 more years and her thought will be clearer, her vision will be wider that she can see a way to go through this problem.

P.S. I write this from my direct experience which is surprising similar. we went through many things and chose to part way. but, we couldn't forget our love and reunited when the time was right. I wish KoiDao to end happily as well.

- dao's story is so close to mine. the very different is i'm male while she's female.

i've told no one that i'm gay because of 'society'.

not just my society but also my parents and my siblings' societies.

i'm scared that, if i come out, i'll embarrass my parents, my siblings. i'm scared that my parents my sibling will be embarrased to their friends. i'm scared they'll dissappointed of me.

when i was a kid, hia 9chinese term = elder brother/hyung) once came home pissed and told mom that his friend teased him that, if a family had more than 1 son, one of them must be gay. he was embarrased because his friends said i must be gay. hia said he's emabarrassed to be with me because his friends would tease him. i heard and was so sad, i didn't cried out, it stuck in my chest. i felt sad, guilty and angry, 'what did i do wrong?' the question popped up in my heart. that incident engraved onto my heart and i and hia have been distant since.

since i was a kid, ma (chinese term = mom) has kept asking me how my girlfriend would be like, if she would be pretty. whenever my mom asked why i had never dated, i wanna speak out 'ma, you've seen my lover. you've seen him several times.'

timely, she points to tv and asks which woman on the screen i like with smiling face. i wanna say 'mom, i like none, i don't like girls.' but words come from my mouth are 'that one, the short-haired one.' every times ma asks such question, i feel terrible that i have to lie her, sometimes, i have to walk to my room and cry.

every time a gay character pops up on tv screen, i'm uncomfortable. one day, pa (chinese term = dad) and ma shocked to see a gay celeb being very flamboyant. ma said 'whoa. he's gone this far.'. ma then gossiped to pa that ' do you know ...'s son is gay? they won't have a wedding and alreday live together.'. pa replied 'poor him, his only son turns out this way. he must be so embarrassing.' i listened stressfully 'you'll be embarrassing if you know how i am, right?'

i've tried to make up unability to be straight by living up to 'social ideal'.

i've studied hard, choose the program i dislike and barely understand to please pa and ma, to make them proud. i've tried to take any contest for certificate that they can show to their friends. i've tried to be better, superior than anybody. i'm exhausting but i won't stop, so that, one day, they find out i'm gay. they won't angry and hate me.

dao typed to koi

' if in this world, there are just me and you, i'll hug you and never let you go. however, that's not the way the world is. there are someone else involve in my life. she loves and cares me, although her care confines me without her knowing. she just wish my happiness. she'll question the way i am, the question i cannot answer either. she won't understand it just happens, i didn't coose to be. if you're really leaving me, i wish you to know that i love you dearly.'

but i'll type mine, not directing to my lover but the society
'if homosexuality becomes normal, i'll hold my lover's hand in public and date him 'normally'. i'll tell everyone 'this is my boy.' and tell my parents 'this is mt lover you've longed to see' but that's not the way the society is. the social standard confines me. someone cannot accept the way i am yet. they'll question and reprimand me. they won't understand it's just happened, i didn't choose to. if i can choose, i won't choose to be one. i'm a human too.'

i wish the story of koi and dao and any other same sex couple in this series will raise understanding toward the gay. i wish all parents ansd sibling will accept the way we are that we can tell you what we are and have to suppress it no nore.

I'm watching now what I missed with the live episode last Saturday. 

I'm so amazed with Phao. He's a beginner but already doing sipra for the songs he wanted to learn. Even I, can't do that. I'm stuck with the basics. :lol:

Sipra. hahaha. Isn't that a Filipino word which means to learn the song by ear? The last time I heard that was on a song by Sandwich.

I'm not quite sure also coz I only knew the word and I don't know the equivalent in english :lol: but yes, it's a word meaning learning the song by ear. I'm from the Philippines, by the way.. :lol:

Guest CrypticShan

Aww Man. Thanks so much Welp!! You translated alooot for us. Thanks for going through all that trouble. :tears::tears: You're the man/woman! ;) Those are  thought provoking comments, rather deep for a TV series. I guess this really made a lot of ruckus among teens. It's nice seeing different perspectives, and how Thai people see Dao/Koi because they can relate to them more than us (international fans in terms of culture). The in-depth profile given by the first poster was well done, I have a better understanding of Dao/Koi and their choices/feelings. *clapclap* But that last comment got me though, I feel so bad for him. His story is so touching, so real. His version of Dao's story tho. :tears:Who are cutting these onions here? :tears: Times are changing, I hope things will get much better for these people who only wanted to love and be loved. 

Thank you for translating @welp A very good read indeed. 

I felt sad while reading it because I can also relate. I'm a lesbian that's why I wanna end up Dao and Koi happily also because I can relate to them. Like Dao, I'm also hesitant before to come out to my family. I'm the only daughter and I have two brothers. I'm the youngest. The pressure is there especially my family is so religious. My brother was a seminarian before and my mother is active in different church organizations. It was so hard. So I promise myself I'll finish my studies first before I'll say it to them, that I'm not what they expect me to. Luckily, I met my lover while I was in college and with much freedom and time, I managed to be with her for 3 years before deciding to part ways. When I graduated, I'm already single and that's when I came out to my family. My mother cried, of course, but she accepted me and reminded me to be careful because not all of the people in the society can accept same sex relationships. I said, 'I know and thank you ma" and we hugged. 

Nothing's change but I'm more comfortable in the house now. Whenever I want this kind of clothes (manly clothes), I can say it loudly to them. Whenever I want a boy haircut, I can do it as long as it's not that short. I'm lucky enough that my family accepted me. I hope Dao will also have the courage, in due time, to be brave and stand for her preference. :lol:

commentsfor ep.4 (Phao's)

from various threads on pantip

- Why was it no Pang and Oil in this ep?

- Pang danced with  Non.

Oil might be busy studying. She wants Med Chula. She got Med KKU but likely will turn down.

- Pang has long been titled "Miss Every Ep". Even in Win's episode in NY, she managed to show up in the photo.

- Oil was with me.

- When will KoiDao part be over? I'm so sick with it.

- I'm so sick too. When will Koi and Dao make out?

- Will Jane and Nut (Koi's ex) have a dispute?

xZlVzx.jpg

- in real life, is it possible that a strict parent like Dao's mom so accepting?

- in real life, the parent may have known but choose to keep quiet. They may not be anti but not pro either. you may have to try 'lamp throwing' app and see if it can update your parents. No matter what, you're their child, their dearest person. they have to deal with it. but, it will take time.

- In dao's case, Ms. Naphajaree might have known about Dao and Koi, just waited for her child to speak first.

Reading Dao's novel, she knew what her child felt toward her. She knew that Dao cared her so much and that made her cried.

- Let's talk about Dao and Koi.

Issues left are Belgium, Koi's dad, Dew, Je T'aime, friends and society. The writer is psycho.

- Who's Je T'aime?

- the admin of yuri fanpage.

- how do you know that Je T'aime will comeback?

- She shows up in ending credit.

nwgz05ezdB2Q5mYH2sH-o.jpg

- I wanna see what if Dao meets a nice guy.

Most women, when they meet a better choice, they abandon ship.

Dating a nice guy is easier and more comfortable.

Koi has proven herself as she dump a nice guy like Net.

Dao has yet met a nice guy. She may love Koi simply because Koi's nicest to her.

We haven't seen if Dao truly overcome the issue of sexuality and social acceptance.

She's cleared the biggest hurdle but there are many smaller hurdles ahead. Will she be strong enough to overcome them all?

Many couples have broken up because they aren't strong enough.

If we get to see she faces and overcomes them all, we'll a splendid development of a character.

- this is the boring-est episode.

No peak, so lame.

Sorry GTH.

- Boring what? DaoKoi was so fun.

- I understand what kind of message they wanted to tell but the delivery was bland and predictable.

Tonhon wasn't charismatic enough to lead the episode either. He played well but there was no charisma.

Among 3 seasons, i vote the last episode of season 1 the worst episode.

- I love this episode though. it protrayed the life of ordinary high schoolers who have no dramatic issue in lives. passionate teenagers who can't shine. it reminded me of my high school days and inspired me to pick up my guitar again.

- you got bored because it had no dramatic love line.

Archived